< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games FNAF: Sister Location

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Reply Post Reply

Old April 9th, 2016 (2:32 PM). Edited 3 Days Ago by Necrum.
You don't know what we've been through...
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant

Those of you who followed Five Nights At Freddy's as closely as I did are familiar with ScottGames.com and Scott Cawthon's tendency to upload cryptic teaser images for his upcoming games on the site. It was largely used to advertise his book in late 2015 and very early 2016, but for the last couple months we have had a black image with a series of grey lines and zero explanation. Recently, the lines have been slowly replaced by what seem to be letters (the first was the letter I so it actually looked like the lines were shrinking).

Based on this new image and the fact that the title of the image is project.JPG, it's safe to assume this is probably a brand new game, and very likely not one related to FNAF, aside from perhaps existing in the same fictional world. To be honest, we don't even know if it's going to be another horror game.

So what are your projections regarding the mysterious project in question? Think Scott is following the path of horror, or will we see him make something different? Any guesses on what the words might say when fully revealed? ARE YOU AS EXITED AS ME? Probably not tbh...

EDIT: The image has changed, as you can probably see now, into a strange clown like animatronic. The lines have been replaced by "Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location." So a lot of what I wrote here is pretty much moot!

EDIT2: Really you should just ignore most of what I write here. The image changes on its own because I linked directly to Sottgames, so it's bound to not match up with what's written.

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 9th, 2016 (7:47 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
If this is completely unrelated to FNAF than I have to respect him for doing something that isn't a guaranteed success.

Unless of course this is FNAF 5.
Old April 9th, 2016 (10:47 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
If this is completely unrelated to FNAF than I have to respect him for doing something that isn't a guaranteed success.

Unless of course this is FNAF 5.
He said the story was complete with FNAF4 so there should be no reason to make another FNAF game, realistically.

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:38 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by gangueevee.
~Calamity Trigger~

Nature: Serious
I found out about this through my mom's (I guess) tablet, and I just HAD to show it off to my brother and sister. They said the screen was too dark, so I brightened up to its highest level, probably because I think there might be some secrets if I made it brighter. (Still on my tablet, writing this...it sucks, by the way.)

I think Necrum didn't noticed that the words 'Five Nights at Freddy's' were above the words 'SISTER LOCATION'. That, or brightening it up truly did help! While all three of us just convinced ourselves that this is a 5th entry in the main series, I'm actually thinking that it's probably a spin-off title.

EDIT AFTER FINDING THIS OUT THROUGH TV TROPES: 'On April 24th, 2016, Scott said on the steam forums "I never said I couldn't change my mind. " and announced a fifth game, Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location.'

So, this is the 5th Five Nights at Freddy's game.....God psyducking damn it. Also, screw this tablet's auto correct. Still, take the 'and announced a fifth game, Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location' part with a grain of salt.

Never forget....You're not alone.
Anyone might be a friend...Or a foe.
You might find the light...To our perfect future....
Or the darkness...To our inevitable end.
"Why Does Mankind Defy it's Fate?"
~Final Fantasy XIII-2 Tagline~
YouTube~
Miiverse~
Fanfiction.net~
Credit to Axeliira for the new signature~
Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:36 PM).
Still missing that hair

Nature: Quirky
What is that animatronic is that suppose to represent? A human like Ballon Boy or an animal like Freddy and the gang?
R.I.P. Serena's long hair (2013-2015)
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:44 AM).
ModeratorCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangueevee View Post
I found out about this through my mom's (I guess) tablet, and I just HAD to show it off to my brother and sister. They said the screen was too dark, so I brightened up to its highest level, probably because I think there might be some secrets if I made it brighter. (Still on my tablet, writing this...it sucks, by the way.)

I think Necrum didn't noticed that the words 'Five Nights at Freddy's' were above the words 'SISTER LOCATION'. That, or brightening it up truly did help! While all three of us just convinced ourselves that this is a 5th entry in the main series, I'm actually thinking that it's probably a spin-off title.

EDIT AFTER FINDING THIS OUT THROUGH TV TROPES: 'On April 24th, 2016, Scott said on the steam forums "I never said I couldn't change my mind. ;)" and announced a fifth game, Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location.'

So, this is the 5th Five Nights at Freddy's game.....God ****ing damn it. Also, screw this tablet's auto correct. Still, take the 'and announced a fifth game, Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location' part with a grain of salt.
It didn't say any of that when I posted it. The image has changed. This seems like it will fill in some blank spots in the timeline for sure. I mean just the idea that they will be at the Sister Location alone sets up a lot that we didn't know about. It definitely confirms that the location is one that we have never visited before. I think the real question though is if this really is Freddy Fazbear's. as sister location implies a different branding might be at play in the restaurant. The animatronic in the image doesn't really fit with any of the characters that I can think off except maybe the Puppet, since it has kind of a clown like appearance. Perhaps this is the origin of the actual Puppet set piece.

Anyway, I have mixed emotions regarding this game. On the one hand I was really excited to see Scott do something new and instead he's doing more FNAF. At the same time this could be something different simply set in the same world, as Scott has expressed interest in doing in the past. The FNAF name might just be to link it to the existing property but the story itself might be independant of what we've seen so far.

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Old 1 Week Ago (7:13 PM).
~Calamity Trigger~

This is pretty late at night, but my sister reminded me to check Scott's website for a possible change in the image.
Oh it changed, all right....So we have a new animatronic, of course, that seems to look like a harlequin. It's probably the same one from the last image change, so who knows? Let the speculation begin! Oh, and sorry for technically bumping this thread....

YouTube~
Miiverse~
Fanfiction.net~
Old 4 Days Ago (3:17 AM).
c h a t ★ n o i r
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet

oh hey a trailer.

Apparently this was at the end of FNAF World update 2?
Spoiler:

I've been super behind on FNAF since the main series ended, but interesting to see how Sister Location will unfold. Trailer feels much more unsettling than the original fnaf games...
Old 3 Days Ago (3:48 PM).
ModeratorCS

Why did you link a repost instead of the one from Scott's YouTube?

Anyway, any hesitation I had about Scott returning to FNAF is now gone. While Freddy and Foxy are still present, this is definitely more spinoff than anything else. The game mechanics appear to have changed quite a bit. I didn't see a single camera and it did show climbing through vents, although that could just be for the teaser and be showing the animatronics approaching you. The fact that it doesn't seem to actually take place at the Sister Location in question is interesting. It says deep underground so the game must be taking us to Fazbear Entertainment's resting grounds for failed animatronics.

Whoever the new antagonist is, that Halequin character (we have names via trademarks but I don't want to spoil any for those who want the surprise), she's friggin creepy as hell!

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Old 3 Days Ago (2:39 PM).
~Calamity Trigger~

Because the one zappystriker put was just a repost, here's the actual trailer from Scott's YT channel.
Okay, first off, when we first watched the trailer, we had to turn on the lights, because....well, you know.
Secondly, HOLY MUK WE'RE GETTING SOME VOICE ACTORS IN THIS JAM. While I know FNAF World Update 2 had a VA in it, I didn't play it. In fact, I don't know if this is even the same VA. But for the the few voiced lines I heard, it was pretty impressive.

About the fact that Sister Location seems to be very different in gameplay, let me remind you all that FNAF4 also didn't had any cameras to speak of, and it was pretty different in gameplay. Hell, every FNAF game had some sort of gameplay change within them. The second one had no doors, the third one had a system that can malfunction and get tempered by the animatronic, the forth one didn't even have cameras and wanted you to hear very closely for sounds. I somehow think that Sister Location might incorporate a whole lot of these ideas and mash them up into one big thing.

And I don't think it's a spin-off. Unless Scott or anyone part of the game's development says it is a spin-off, this is the official 5th game in the series.

Oh yeah, and I hope I'm not the only person who remembers this specific part of dialogue from the third game:

"Uh, hello? Hello, hello! Uh, there's been a slight change of company policy concerning use of the suits. Um, don't. After learning of an unfortunate incident at the sister location, involving multiple and simultaneous spring lock failures, the company has deemed the suits temporarily unfit for employees."

Again, we don't know if this is the same sister location, considering the 'There was never just one.' line, but who knows?
The design of the office seems a bit more futuristic with some steampunk added in. Also, apparently, there's a so-called leaked trademark name list going around, which I haven't even seen yet.

Okay, all of this is just me badly speculating what this trailer and game is gonna be all about, but you can go ahead and mock me for it. I'm fine with that. Let's see how this will all go down....

YouTube~
Miiverse~
Fanfiction.net~
Old 2 Days Ago (8:59 AM).
ModeratorCS

Five Nights At Freddy's is not in the title of the trailer nor is it on the current ScottGames teaser, so I'm going with spinoff title. Just because it is related to FNAF doesn't make it part of the main FNAF story line. This game seems like it's telling a different story, one perhaps that has nothing to do with Purple Guy or kids potentially in comas or having dreams. A Sister business is typically one that is seperate from the original, so while Freddy has representation at this Sister Location, it is certainly not Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

And I doubt anyone has forgotten that line when the teaser hit :)

The part that intrigues me the most is the line "You don't know what we've been though..." Its meaning is vague, but I think it could be semi meta where she's tellking us that we don't know her story because it wasn't in FNAF. But yeah, all speculation, but that's half the fun of FNAF, isn't it?

EDIT: LOL I just noticed Funtime Freddy has a Bonnie puppet on his hand!

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links