Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Five Nights At Freddy's 4

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old May 8th, 2015 (10:41 AM). Edited May 17th, 2015 by Azazel.
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant
Scott Cawthon shocked everyone on April 27 with the release of this image on ScottGames.com:

This thing is nightmare fuel of the highest degree! And then just recently, Scott added another image, this tme depicting what appears to be the old withered bonnie, but with a face:

Both of these images seem to point towards even more horror inspiration entering the series. Both of these animatronics feature sharp teeth and claws, and Freddy appears to be some sort of eldritch abomination this time around, featuring several small versions of his head coming from his body.

But the most important thing about these games is the date: Halloween 2015. Two things that make this important. Firstly, this is the longest development cycle that any FNAF game has ever had. What this means in terms of gameplay is hard to say. Is it really going to take that long or does Scott just want a big release day on Halloween? The second thing this may point to is the theme. FNAF3 took place in a normal haunted house attraction that would run year round, but who's to say that someone else didn't find these old animatronics, and wanted to put them to use just on Halloween? I mean just looking at them we can see that they are clearly not meant to be hanging around children in a Pizzeria. So where the hell is this going to take place? It's still supposed to be "At Freddy's" according to the title. But Fazbear's Fright is burned to the ground, and the Pizzeria's were all shut down and couldn't possibly be functional as buildings unless someone else moved in and turned them into other businesses.

We have a long 5 and a half months ahead of us now, and all we can do is hypothesize and giggle in the meantime. What do you guys think? I personally think this is going to be great, I already am in love with the designs for Freddy and Bonnie, and cannot wait to see Chica!

UPDATE: Here's Chica!

Staff Antagonist Collab 2015
Old May 8th, 2015 (10:57 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I'm excited to...watch other people play it. :3 Haha. I really enjoy this series, though I haven't played it myself. I don't have Steam and my MacBook would just muk all over itself if I tried, but even then, I'm not a big horror fan so I don't think I could play anything in this series myself. So I guess it's weird I'm even interested in this...oh well.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see where Scott takes this one, but kind of sad this will be the end. But then again, you shouldn't run things into the ground and I think four games, especially with as much story as they provide for the series overall, will be enough to suffice. Freddy and Bonnie both look absolutely terrifying, so kudos on that. But yeah, I have no idea where this could possibly take place if all the previous establishments are gone, unless it's another terror attraction or possibly a haunted house. Or maybe even in one of the old Freddy buildings? Maybe even the original Freddy's building (the one before the first game that you don't actually get to go to). Cause the pizzerias were only closed down, not burned or destroyed or anything...pretty sure. Like...idk. Speculation is speculation. :P

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old May 8th, 2015 (11:13 AM).
Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Nature: Calm
I honestly hope there are no more games after this one. I mean "The Final Chapter" does kinda say that it is but you never know.

Ah well. At least this means there will probably be another interesting game theory episode on it.

Theme | Pair

Old May 8th, 2015 (11:15 AM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Dixie Kong:
I'm excited to...watch other people play it. :3 Haha. I really enjoy this series, though I haven't played it myself. I don't have Steam and my MacBook would just muk all over itself if I tried, but even then, I'm not a big horror fan so I don't think I could play anything in this series myself. So I guess it's weird I'm even interested in this...oh well.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see where Scott takes this one, but kind of sad this will be the end. But then again, you shouldn't run things into the ground and I think four games, especially with as much story as they provide for the series overall, will be enough to suffice. Freddy and Bonnie both look absolutely terrifying, so kudos on that. But yeah, I have no idea where this could possibly take place if all the previous establishments are gone, unless it's another terror attraction or possibly a haunted house. Or maybe even in one of the old Freddy buildings? Maybe even the original Freddy's building (the one before the first game that you don't actually get to go to). Cause the pizzerias were only closed down, not burned or destroyed or anything...pretty sure. Like...idk. Speculation is speculation. :P
There is a movie on the way, so really this won't be the last we see of Freddy, but I get what you mean, it is kinda sad to know that this is where it ends. I just hope he goes out with a bang!

Old May 8th, 2015 (11:16 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
The movie in mind though, I'm kind of worried. Cause you know how video game movies typically go... :(

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old May 8th, 2015 (11:25 AM).

A FNaF movie could hopefully be really cool and creative. But it's probably going to be a major psyduck up. Let's be honest, there have been very few good game to movie adaptations.

Theme | Pair

Old May 8th, 2015 (11:52 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Watch as after this game's release, we'll be getting FNAF5: A New Beginning, FNAF6: Freddy Lives, FNAF7: New Blood, FNAF8: Freddy Takes Manhattan, Freddy Goes to Hell: the Final Night, and Freddy X.

All that joking aside, the game could take place in either Fredbear's Family Diner, explaining the sharp teeth and claws because they're the prototype animatronics, or at a museum, where Springtrap is still the main villain, but the other animatronics will appear in your nightmares/hallucinations.
Old May 8th, 2015 (12:15 PM).
Winter is coming

Nature: Brave
I've never played any of these games since I'm a scardy cat who can't play horror games, but I'll have a blast killing time by watching lets players take on the scariness for me.
Old May 9th, 2015 (05:27 PM).
B33 < claw claw meowtherfangers!!!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Why do I get the feeling that Scott used the second image to taunt MatPat about who purple guy is
Old May 9th, 2015 (07:01 PM).

Quote originally posted by arachnidsGrip:
Why do I get the feeling that Scott used the second image to taunt MatPat about who purple guy is
Because he probably did. :v

Theme | Pair

Old May 10th, 2015 (09:37 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

The second image looks more bluish than purple. They didn't use brown for the first image either (it was reddish).
Old May 10th, 2015 (09:43 AM).
Chao Karate

Nature: Bashful
Then ending is really gonna blow up all our minds, the movie and the game. I know I'll be mind destroyed for a week once I see how it all ends, and hopefully it's no a cliffhanger, but something really surprising and unexpected. The usual stuff Scott likes to do.
Old May 10th, 2015 (09:50 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

And now I'm expecting this game to be torn to shreds by Honest Trailers, who will lose their sanity upon reviewing it despite being the final chapter.
Old May 10th, 2015 (10:13 AM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by DDDchu:
Then ending is really gonna blow up all our minds, the movie and the game. I know I'll be mind destroyed for a week once I see how it all ends, and hopefully it's no a cliffhanger, but something really surprising and unexpected. The usual stuff Scott likes to do.
I really hope it has a more proper ending. You know, instead of just a bunch of empty suit heads laying on the ground. The "ending scene" in the daily games takes place years before, so it's really not an ending, and the Cake stuff is hard to say if it's actually canon or not.

Old May 10th, 2015 (01:01 PM).
i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!

Nature: Gentle
well, not very many have cought "NIGHTMARE" in the bottom of the red 1, faint but visable

blue however, only read "NIG"
Old May 10th, 2015 (02:30 PM).
or some say Kosm...

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Watch as after this game's release, we'll be getting FNAF5: A New Beginning, FNAF6: Freddy Lives, FNAF7: New Blood, FNAF8: Freddy Takes Manhattan, Freddy Goes to Hell: the Final Night, and Freddy X.
All within the space of 1 year or some muk. Seriously the first game was released last August and we're already on what, number 4?
Old May 10th, 2015 (02:56 PM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by lucario giavlés:
well, not very many have cought "NIGHTMARE" in the bottom of the red 1, faint but visable

blue however, only read "NIG"
The blue one actually does say NIGHTMARE, it's just much larger and stacked like
NIGHT
MARE

Old May 11th, 2015 (10:10 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
If/when there is a movie, Would there only be the one human actor (the player character?) Who would play him?

Randomized list of actors: Benny Cummbersomthing, Jack Black, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman (some of these are jokes )
Old May 12th, 2015 (04:27 PM).
Beat it! And take your planet with you!

Nature: Naive
No Freddy's Dead: The Final Night(mare)? I'm very disappointed.
Old May 12th, 2015 (04:58 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Quote originally posted by Kameken:
No Freddy's Dead: The Final Night(mare)? I'm very disappointed.
That's because it's not a Friday the 13th movie, lol, though I have seen a parody image of it with this game before.
Old May 13th, 2015 (09:12 AM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
If/when there is a movie, Would there only be the one human actor (the player character?) Who would play him?

Randomized list of actors: Benny Cummbersomthing, Jack Black, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman (some of these are jokes :15:)
Nah man, Markiplier 4 security dude

Old May 16th, 2015 (12:29 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

New teaser is out:

Spoiler:

I hate to imagine how Foxy will look like now that the bar for nightmare designs has risen once again.
Old May 16th, 2015 (01:26 PM). Edited May 16th, 2015 by mew_nani.
Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist

New teaser is out:

Spoiler:

I hate to imagine how Foxy will look like now that the bar for nightmare designs has risen once again.
Oh GOD Chica has 3 sets of teeth!

Also what is that... thing... behind her? Is it a skull or is that... Toy Chica?

Wait could that be part of the reason Freddy has so many heads attached to him? There's Toy Freddy, Golden Freddy, regular Freddy and Shadow Freddy. Four different versions... four different heads...

Another thing: Chica's jaws aren't aligned. They're broken like they were in FNAF2. Her beak and face are the same too. With her being in roughly the same shape she was in in FNAF2, and with Toy Chica possibly showing up in the background, this game might take place either before or after FNAF2. Her body was redesigned before the restaurant opened again, and her body has ceased to exist as of FNAF3. Since Toy Chica (?) looks pretty messed up it may take place shortly after. But if it concerns nighmares then then there's no telling if it takes place before or after. This might concern the Phone Guy too. He worked with them for years so if anybody would have nightmares about them, it's him. But that's just speculation at this point.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old May 16th, 2015 (03:20 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Quote originally posted by mew_nani:
Oh GOD Chica has 3 sets of teeth!

Also what is that... thing... behind her? Is it a skull or is that... Toy Chica?

Wait could that be part of the reason Freddy has so many heads attached to him? There's Toy Freddy, Golden Freddy, regular Freddy and Shadow Freddy. Four different versions... four different heads...

Another thing: Chica's jaws aren't aligned. They're broken like they were in FNAF2. Her beak and face are the same too. With her being in roughly the same shape she was in in FNAF2, and with Toy Chica possibly showing up in the background, this game might take place either before or after FNAF2. Her body was redesigned before the restaurant opened again, and her body has ceased to exist as of FNAF3. Since Toy Chica (?) looks pretty messed up it may take place shortly after. But if it concerns nighmares then then there's no telling if it takes place before or after. This might concern the Phone Guy too. He worked with them for years so if anybody would have nightmares about them, it's him. But that's just speculation at this point.
That thing is the cupcake from all three installments, and it too received the nightmare treatment (it has sharp teeth this time).
Old May 16th, 2015 (04:54 PM).
Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist

That thing is the cupcake from all three installments, and it too received the nightmare treatment (it has sharp teeth this time).
Oh. That's kinda disappointing. Scary as heck though.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)