The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Favorite BW City?
Nuvema Town 0 0%
Accumula Town 5 8.33%
Striaton City 4 6.67%
Nacrene City 1 1.67%
Castelia City 10 16.67%
Nimbasa City 11 18.33%
Anville Town 1 1.67%
Driftveil City 3 5.00%
Mistralton City 1 1.67%
Icirrus City 2 3.33%
Opelucid City 7 11.67%
Pokemon League 0 0%
Lacunosa Town 7 11.67%
Undella Town 4 6.67%
Black City/White Forest 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Rhea2x5g
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Castelia City has to be one of my favorites. It looks exactly like New York city from my point of view. I love the bridge by the way.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I like Nimbasa City cause of the Ferris Wheel.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old July 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Undella Town is my favorite place to go. I grew up around the beach so it feels like home. :)
Nimbasa is a close second.
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Unlocked Lacunosa Town and Black City late in the evening - or is that early in the morning? Black City just looks like a small-scale wanna-be of Castelia City, and I'm not sure I like it. Lacunosa City looks actually kind of neat. I sort of like the raised terraces and the way that there is expensive property (or could be called that) on the lookouts with a great view (we think). It's growing on me. I haven't made it to Undella City yet. I did end up forced into battle by someone who turned at the wrong time, but ended up being able to take out his Lv.60 Fighting types as I have the Three Musketeers travelling with me right now. Maybe I'll see Undella City later today, but so far on three Routes I've only had to battle once. I'll cast my vote after seeing Undella City.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 28th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

Nature: Jolly
My favorite would have to be Kagome Town. It seems like a town the Flower Paradise would be at, technically speaking, and not for the fact you are given the Gracidea by the woman in BW, too. Just, it's so peaceful, and it's near one of my favorite places; the Giant Hall. Another favorite is the Village Bridge. Looks cool, in my opinion, and I'd love to live somewhere like there. Even though Village Bridge doesn't count, since you can't fly to it, but it looks lively like any ole town--except on a bridge.
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
I like the feel of Undella Town, a small beachside town for holidayers. If I took a trip to Unova I would definetly go there.
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Lacunosa Town just seems like a beautiful place to live

Plus I love things that start with "L" lol :D
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

As of this post, Lacunosa has been pushed into second place. Undella seems kind of bland and mainly serves as a link to Undella Bay. I can see the opening they left for future construction over the two years leading to B2/W2; I'm shocked an entire town was built to the west in that time.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Despite difficulties in navigating it, I'm going to say Castelia because it has the feel of a huge metropolis, which is a nice change from the cities in past games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I would have to say that Castelia City is my favorite. It just something completely different that hasn't been done in any game before, and it feels more like a city than just a place with a lot of buildings (Saffron and Goldenrod both come to mind).
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
I like Nimbasa City... My least favorite was Black City, it was boring to battle here and battle there.
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Lilaaa
Beginning Trainer

undella city for me~~~the music and prettiness OwO

set by Nana-chan~~~i love chu nana~<333
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
My favourite would be Black City/White Forest, if both of them count.

Well I... get to catch rare Pokemon in White Forest and battle hard in Black City. Not to mention that they're version exclusive, so they get more plus points.
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
ExHaseo
Unhatched Egg

My favorite is Undella. I absolutely love the calming music.

3DS FC: 4897-6867-9002
Feel free to add me for Safari, just message me your FC.

Old August 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I loved Accumula Town. My favorite part was definitely the Pianist and the Drummer that you could get to play.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Kirkland
Inhuman Princess ☽❀

Nature: Lonely
I love Lacunosa Town. I just loved the idea that they built a wall to keep Kyurem out. If I remember rightly, no-one is around outside at night either. Wish they'd have put some creepy pasta Lavender Town remix in there when it was dark and maybe some scary ice dragon noises. I just hope that Black 2/White 2 gives the poor place a purpose other than a Pokecentre pit stop on the way to the big man.

Old September 19th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
I love Lacunosa Town. I just loved the idea that they built a wall to keep Kyurem out. If I remember rightly, no-one is around outside at night either. Wish they'd have put some creepy pasta Lavender Town remix in there when it was dark and maybe some scary ice dragon noises. I just hope that Black 2/White 2 gives the poor place a purpose other than a Pokecentre pit stop on the way to the big man.
Omg yes, idk why they didn't do that to Lacunosa, it would seem much more interesting, or maybe if they decorated it in Halloween stuff around Halloween, idk. OR the town itself got darker than everywhere else as night hit. :( idk that makes me like it even less.
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
What I'd have preferred to see is walking back to town with Kyurem, confirming the legend is true and it was the monster, and people wandering around at night knowing it was safe again. Either that or they bar YOU from ever stepping into town again as long as Kyurem is in your party.

Cyclone

Old September 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

I voted Black City just because of the scale of it compared to the scale of cities in the other games. Its' crazy how big it feel compared to even Saffron/Fuchsia (which felt huge to me back in the day).
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:28 AM
The Works
Omochikaeri!

Location: There was supposed to be a location here but I'm too lazy so
Nature: Timid
A tie between Castelia City and Lacunosa Town. Castelia City was so fun to explore when I first saw it, running through the streets and the dock.... not to mention those dancers at the fountain! Lacunosa's layout was really nice and looked like a luxury resort. I'd want to live in a place like that, but without the curfew, Kyurem nearby, and no nightlife, of course...
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Tbh I'm not a big fan of most of the cities in Unova, but I'd say Icirrus City wins simply due to how amazing it looks in the Winter ♥ It looks like a place of dreams and wonderment from a children's story book, plus it's very fitting for an Ice type gym, so I'm definitely choosing Icirrus City.
Old September 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

So far, I like Opelucid City. It's got a futuristic/cyberpunk vibe that I love. Driftveil City is a close second because of the music(I can dance to that all day).

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Castelia was an awesome city! There was so much to do and explore there. And need I mention those 3D graphics? :D Plus, travelling there for the first time via SkyArrow Bridge was sooo cooool! Like seeing the Castelia skyline as you approach the city- simply amazing. The music for both SkyArrow and Castelia was nice too. Peaceful, yet upbeat.
But I tend to hang around Undella Town more. I just enjoy standing near the ocean and listening to the waves. It's where I go to relax when Castelia gets a bit too busy for me

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 21st, 2012, 03:22 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Now I think of it, there are a lot of pretty cool towns and cities in Black and White (and to my shame, I realise that there are some whose names I don't know :( ).

I love Lacunosa (or at least the one I think is Lacunosa- the one near Giant Chasm). I just like its layout, and that some of the inhabitants speak of the 'monster that comes out at night'.

I also like Opelucid City in White Version. It looks all old and rustic, and just.. I like it. :) And I kinda like Castelia, purely because of its size, and the fact it has so many ports and stuff.

I love the Pokemon League too, though I wouldn't have considered it a city as such. :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:29 AM
vlay
Picnicker

I like Undella Town becuse the scene is so calming and the music is very relax (except at Summer :<). And yeah in this town I going eaisly to rich! xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links