The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
comicmast

I want to add the option of adding 2 more options for the starting charcters. for eg. instead of female and male, i want ranger biker hunter and trainer. like that. is it possible?
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

You can have up to 8 player characters. If you're clever, you could have even more than that.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
You can have up to 8 player characters. If you're clever, you could have even more than that.
How do you add them? I want to add more as well but I don't know how. Is this thread about Pokemon? I just found it through google.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:23 AM
xalien95
Creator of Pkmn Omicron [ITA]

Send a message via Skype™ to xalien95
I thinks you have to change playermetadata in PokemonMap (find
Code:
MetadataPlayerH=17
and add new lines for other players) and also in the module PokemonMetadata (find
Code:
"playerH"=>[17,"essssss",:PBTrainers]
)..
Finally you have to find, in Pokemon Editor,
Code:
["PlayerH",PlayerProperty,
   _INTL("Specifies player H.")]
Add the necessary ;]

I don't know if this's all.. I didn't tested yet "
And sorry for the bad english.. I'm Italian eheh
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Maruno

In addition to what xalien95 said, you'll also need to edit 3 defs in PokemonUtilities to accept the new valid IDs (search for MetadataPlayerA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG55 View Post
Is this thread about Pokemon? I just found it through google.
I... I really don't know what to say to this.

You should note that Essentials is not related to ROM hacking - it is completely different.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Just to add my two cents, I made a tutorial about how to add extra characters to Essentials a long time ago. You can find it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238218

It may help since I tried to cover every little step of it so there wouldn't be any confusion, and you have to be careful about the numbering of the items (which I also detail in that thread). I'm surprised you didn't find it by doing a search in Game Development before posting ;)

I'm assuming Essentials hasn't changed how that works. If my tutorial is too out of date on that to work in the newer releases, I apologize.

Anime/Manga fans can find me on MyAnimeList.net, as KitsuneKouta.
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Maruno

Your tutorial's a bit out of date now. You might want to add an updated version to the wiki.
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:33 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Sure thing. I'll see if I have the latest release and try it out again to see what does and doesn't work. I'll update the wiki page when I finish that.

Anime/Manga fans can find me on MyAnimeList.net, as KitsuneKouta.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links