The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:53 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude

Advertise here
According to Serebii, the move tutors are making a comeback. They are as follows:
-elemental punches (Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch)
-Gunk Shot
-Low Kick
-Dual Chop
-Seed Bomb
-Uproar
-Super Fang
-Iron Head
-Signal Beam
-Bounce
-Drill Run
-Bug Bite
-Covet

Like in Platinum, all of the moves listed above cost shards to teach.

Discuss! What are your thoughts of the current tutor lineup?

To answer it: I saw the elemental punches coming. It's also good to see some of the older Pt/HG/SS tutor moves back, like Bug Bite, Signal Beam and Seed Bomb. The shocker here (IMO) was Drill Run. I think GF included it because of its small level-up distribution.

Last edited by PlatinumDude; June 21st, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:55 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
More announced;

Last Resort, Iron defense, Magnet Rise, Magic Coat, Block, Hyper Voice, Electroweb, Icy Wind, Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Foul Play, Superpower, Gravity, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse.

Blue Shards are needed. I'm glad that Superpower, Earth Power, etc are on there! <3 Competitive battling is going to be upgraded a bit.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:24 AM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
YES!!! They heard our appeals that we need these tutoring moves to return!! Now the Unova Pokemon movepool will DRAMATICALLY increase! I can't wait for the games to be released in the US this fall! But the new Gen V move such as Drill Run as a tutoring move? Best idea ever because it may serve as an alternative to Earthquake as this move does not hurt the ally/allies in Double/Triple battles, despite having less power and accuracy than Earthquake.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:26 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Eeeeeeeeee~~ <333
I like, legit can't wait. This makes me so happy that they're fought back. Talking about kicking up the competitive field again!
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:27 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It is very good to hear that move tutors have returned in B2/W2 with moves that were previously available. I hope moves like Stealth Rock and Giga Drain/Drain Punch become available as well.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:33 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
It is very good to hear that move tutors have returned in B2/W2 with moves that were previously available. I hope moves like Stealth Rock and Giga Drain/Drain Punch become available as well.
n o

Then everyone will have it again and everything will just be a mess! ):
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:59 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
More tutor moves!
-Drain Punch
-Giga Drain
-Roost
-Sky Attack
-Role Play
-Heat Wave
-Pain Split
-Tailwind
-Knock Off
-Synthesis

My prayers have been answered! :D (Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Roost)

Last edited by PlatinumDude; June 21st, 2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: forgot a couple more moves
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:00 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

POISON HEAL ROOST GLISCOR I'M NOT READY
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:12 AM
potent445
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Im liking a lot of these, glad to see Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain, Drain Punch and Roost back although Gliscor with Roost will be a pain (Providing he can learn it). Also Heat wave and Roost will be nice for people wanting to use Lightning Rod Zapdos (Now only if he got Hurricane for the ultimate rain abuser)
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:31 AM
Forever
let it go

As I said in CBC, I'm pleased by Superpower n_n Everything else is pretty good too. I like that they put them in. I never really paid much attention to move tutors in previous games, and it'll be nice to see them in the upcoming games!
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:31 AM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glaceon_
It's nice to see that a lot of the moves are ones that make certain Pokemon more useful. For one, no doubt Lilligant will get a nice collection of these Move Tutor moves to bolster her move pool-- hopefully, she'll get access to Earth Power. Though I reckon a lot of people would scream at me saying "NO!" for how demonic she would become to Fire-types, with a couple Butterfly Dances under her crown... lol

I'm glad Steath Rocks, so far haven't made a return through the Tutors. I never liked the move, 'cause it just causes way too much damage to Pokemon with weaknesses to Rock-types. In my opinion, it needs to be nerfed if they plan on bringing it back as a TM or something. Traps are fine, but when a trap can completely decimate your Pokemon like that, its a little ridiculous.

The Elemental Punches have been in every Move Tutor list since the Move Tutors began, I believe. So they were a given. I'd have been surprised if they weren't the first to be brought up in this thread.

Set by the wonderful Twinx
Platinum Glaceon Sprite is too cute! x_x <3
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:59 AM
potent445
Beginning Trainer

Here's some more that were just announced
Magic Room, Wonder Room, Spite, Recycle, Trick, Stealth Rock, Endeavor, Skill Swap, Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, Outrage, Helping Hand, After You, Endeavor, Sleep Talk, Snatch.

Looks like SR has made a comback
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:04 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by potent445 View Post
Here's some more that were just announced
Magic Room, Wonder Room, Spite, Recycle, Trick, Stealth Rock, Endeavor, Skill Swap, Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, Outrage, Helping Hand, After You, Endeavor, Sleep Talk, Snatch.

Looks like SR has made a comback
SR's back?! Awesome; I kind of saw that coming too; it saves me time of having to teach Turtwig Stealth Rock and Leech Seed in Gen IV, transfer it over then breed it with Ferroseed. And it's good to see Outrage, Trick and Sleep Talk come back too. I can't help but imagine DD MoxieMence sweep OU with impunity...

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:14 AM
potent445
Beginning Trainer

Wow didnt notice Sleep Talk, good news for cofagrigus. DD Mence has definly got a boost now with aceess to DD, Outrage and Roost but I still dont see it overtaking Dnite.
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:18 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
And so Stealth Rock is back. I didn't mind Stealth Rock in DPPt (not sure about BW since I only battle occasionally) but it can be a pain-in-the-neck if used against you. It nerfed a good amount of Pokémon solely on being Rock-weak. As shaky as I am with its return, I really didn't expect it to go otherwise. Better look at who gets what from now on, what with the compatibility problems of abilities and moves across generations being lessened.

As for the other moves, I'm happy with Roost and the draining moves. I love those.
Lastly, Lilligant has to benefit from the B2W2 move tutors! I command it.

Last edited by Cid; June 21st, 2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:22 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I really love the move lineup... some of these moves had very little distribution until now.

So, the moves we have so far:
Spoiler:
Gunk Shot
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
ThunderPunch
Low Kick
Dual Chop
Seed Bomb
Uproar
Super Fang
Iron Head
Signal Beam
Bounce
Drill Run
Bug Bite
Covet
Last Resort
Iron Defense
Magnet Rise
Magic Coat
Block
Hyper Voice
Electroweb
Icy Wind
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Zen Headbutt
Foul Play
Superpower
Gravity
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Bind
Snore
Heal Bell
Knock Off
Synthesis
Roost
Sky Attack
Role Play
Heat Wave
Giga Drain
Drain Punch
Pain Split
Tailwind
Magic Room
Wonder Room
Spite
Recycle
Trick
Stealth Rock
Endeavor
Skill Swap
Worry Seed
Gastro Acid
Outrage
Helping Hand
After You
Endeavor
Sleep Talk
Snatch

Wow, so many former TM moves among this set. This will really change competitive battling strategies.

The Elemental Punches are staples so they had to return.

With all the awesome moves in this set I'm gonna get all the shards I want so I can teach these awesome moves to my Pokemon!

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:22 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love all these new move tutor moves, especially:
Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch
Dragon/Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Drain Punch
Giga Drain
Seed Bomb
Signal Beam
Iron Head
Superpower
Heat Wave
Sky Attack

Can't wait for the US release now.
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glaceon_
I should really have seen that coming... xD; Oh well. Guess every team will now competitively be obligated to have an SR user, Rapid Spinner and Ghost-type Rest Talker as standard.

Though seriously, I'm a little curious to see which Pokemon will be able to learn these Move Tutor moves. In particular, what Pokemon will be able to learn Heat Wave, since if I recall, quite a few interesting Pokemon were capable of learning it in Gen. IV, such as Honchkrow and Zapdos. Perhaps Swoobat and Sigilyph will be two specific Pokemon that are likely to get access to it; likely along with Zoroark.

Set by the wonderful Twinx
Platinum Glaceon Sprite is too cute! x_x <3
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
According to Serebii, the move tutors are making a comeback. They are as follows:
-elemental punches (Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch)
-Gunk Shot
-Low Kick
-Dual Chop
-Seed Bomb
-Uproar
-Super Fang
-Iron Head
-Signal Beam
-Bounce
-Drill Run
-Bug Bite
-Covet

Like in Platinum, all of the moves listed above cost shards to teach.

Discuss! What are your thoughts of the current tutor lineup?

To answer it: I saw the elemental punches coming. It's also good to see some of the older Pt/HG/SS tutor moves back, like Bug Bite, Signal Beam and Seed Bomb. The shocker here (IMO) was Drill Run. I think GF included it because of its small level-up distribution.

(@XanderO: if this breaks the rules, sorry about that)
Nope, you did the right thing cause we didn't have a discussion open for Move Tutors~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRaidenFighter350Z View Post
YES!!! They heard our appeals that we need these tutoring moves to return!! Now the Unova Pokemon movepool will DRAMATICALLY increase! I can't wait for the games to be released in the US this fall! But the new Gen V move such as Drill Run as a tutoring move? Best idea ever because it may serve as an alternative to Earthquake as this move does not hurt the ally/allies in Double/Triple battles, despite having less power and accuracy than Earthquake.
Tutors always appear in the "third" game so it was an expected feature they added.

I myself am a little disappointed Stealth Rock returned since its highly abusable. Although it being a Shard tutor is a good thing cause now its about even with its old TM version. There is a cost and depending on how easy it is to find shards (if its as hard as heart scales kill me now) Stealth Rock won't be too much of a major issue.

What I'm really excited to see is Dark Pulse...if Deino can learn it through Move tutor I will be breeding the hell out of mine for Earth Power and Dark Pulse ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Blue Shards are needed. I'm glad that Superpower, Earth Power, etc are on there! <3 Competitive battling is going to be upgraded a bit.
This, so much. Thank god they're having good move tutors in BW2. Makes breeding and battling sooooo much easier. :D
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
I really wonder where all these shards will appear
DPP-underground
HG/SS- rock smashing rocks
We have neither underground or rock smash as a hm

Well looks like i need to stop being lazy and get in the competative field
(sigh :/)

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Man. The competitive field has just become much more dangerous now. I'm so excited that they brought back Drain Punch and Giga Drain! Now I don't have to breed to get my Conkeldurr to learn it!
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Wow, competitive battling totally flipped upside down. This is intense, and freakin' awesome!

I missed Giga Drain and Drain Punch so much. I hated how even though they buffed them, it lost thier TM status, so very few Pokemon had it
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius1997 View Post
I really wonder where all these shards will appear
DPP-underground
HG/SS- rock smashing rocks
We have neither underground or rock smash as a hm

Well looks like i need to stop being lazy and get in the competative field
(sigh :/)
They could have that guy give you some...the Treasure hunter near Undella Bay. You could also buy them in Black City like you could buy Heart Scales. Then they can throw them in with various wild Pokemon.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I always liked the punches but I thought they should be 5 points stronger then given
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here