The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:22 PM
davidbuddy9

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows a good app that will work with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.3 that can make decent Pokémon game. Its ok if the maker isn't perfect as I do expect a compromise because it's on a mobile device.
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:14 PM
Java's Missingno.
Notorious Overscoper

Nature: Quiet
I'm thinking your best bet would be to look into Android based development options and make your own rpg engine from the ground up- I haven't seen any solutions for Android(in fact, a lot of my classmates consider Android development to be a magic black box, and we're in a pretty intense programming degree)

Old 6 Days Ago, 06:54 AM
xall

Nature: Serious
hm I do not know if there is anything like that for Android (at least I did not find it) but if you know how to programm you can look into "andengine" this is a good engine for making games.
And on the forum there are some tutorials to make a tile based game. On the other hand there is much work to do to make a game like Pokemon.
Old 5 Days Ago, 04:03 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300004 this is the closest thing that I've seen around.

I had problems making a game that fill at all resolutions in Android without using an Engine like Unity. The Android Layouts are hard to manipulate.
Old 2 Days Ago, 06:24 PM
davidbuddy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL View Post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300004 this is the closest thing that I've seen around.

I had problems making a game that fill at all resolutions in Android without using an Engine like Unity. The Android Layouts are hard to manipulate.
Thanks I'll give it a try. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a normal 720p display so resolutions shouldn't be a problem.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links