The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Advertise here

Logo created by R a c h e l

Introduction

I'm sure you're familiar with my previous work from the exceptionally (and unexpected) popular hack, Pokémon Expert Emerald! Since this project went so well I decided to try my hand at another hack, using a game that I'm unfamiliar with in the field of editing I decided to go with Pokémon Platinum! I wanted to try and re-create the elements that lie within Expert Emerald and implement them into a Platinum hack and thus Prestigious Platinum was born!

This will be like my previous hack(s) where it will focus on increasing the difficulty and allowing you to capture all 493 Pokémon no strings attached!
My previous attempt to hack Platinum didn't go down all too well as I did not dedicate no where near as much time as I have to this one, there are many perks to this hack which I'm sure you will enjoy, I have thoroughly enjoyed creating this hack myself as strange as that may sound. Albeit some major setbacks including losing several weeks of work, however I managed to get back on track and finish it off!

Features
  • Difficulty - The difficulty of the whole game dynamic has been intensifyed, this means that every Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, Trainer etc has been edited! This also includes rematches with trainers and other important NPC's. I can assure you that every individual trainer has been edited including their rematch teams!
  • Pokémon - All Pokémon are available in game, whether that be in the wild or via evolution, you will be able to obtain all 493 Pokémon.
  • Documents - As you will notice with the download, I have compiled several documents which will provide you with ALL the information needed to know about this hack and how it differs from the original game.
  • Evolutions - Many evolutions that require trade, happiness, items etc have been changed, not all but a vast majority of them allowing you to fill up your Pokédex! - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
  • Abilities - 70+ Pokémon now have changed Primary/Secondary abilities, these may be what I feel suited their persona or some may be from their hidden ability in the Dream World. - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
  • Stats - 70+ have also had their stats increased, these are Pokémon that play an important role in these games, these will be the ones used by important characters such as Gym Leaders & Elite Four members. This is also to increase the power of those weaker who need a slight bulk up. - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
  • Legendaries - Unfortunately my hacking skills of the fourth generation aren't so strong yet but you can still capture all 34 legendaries, you will find them scattered around the later areas of the Sinnoh region but with low encounter rates. - More details at the "Legendaries Location" Document
  • Type Changes - There are only few but some Pokémon have a changed Primary/Secondary type. For example, Lopunny is now Normal/Fighting type - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
Media
These are just some of the many changes in-game.
Spoiler:

Support

*I want to say a special thanks to The Grubby Pup for helping me save my hack from going absolutely bust, providing detailed information and being a huge help!

Bugs & Errors

*On the lower tier of Route 204 there is a glitch regarding the wild Pokémon, this may be the case for some other areas.
*Where it says "Old Rod" on the Wild Pokémon Locations Document, it should in fact read "Good Rod"

Download
Make sure you use the Base ROM that this hack was created from: (Pokemon Platinum US XenoPhobia) - Google it!
Also, ensure you are using the Tsukuyomi Patcher or NUPS to apply the Patch to the ROM, Tsukiyomi Patcher will be included in the download.
*To clarify, this patch is the full game, everything edited, final release etc. So go ahead and click the download below!

Last edited by Azure; January 12th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg

Please tell me there are no level 100's in this hack like the Emerald one? ;P

Old July 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
Wow, another hack of yours, amazing, I'll try this one for sure. but first I'll have to finish Expert Emerald and Yin Black. Guess I have some good games to play this summer!
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeagleAc3 View Post
Please tell me there are no level 100's in this hack like the Emerald one? ;P
Possibly on Cynthia's rematch team ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
Wow, another hack of yours, amazing, I'll try this one for sure. but first I'll have to finish Expert Emerald and Yin Black. Guess I have some good games to play this summer!

Thanks very much! :) Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by Azure; July 11th, 2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg

I'm using DesMuME and I lag when I do speed boost, do you guys know how to fix this or is it like that?

Old July 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm using DesMuME and I lag when I do speed boost, do you guys know how to fix this or is it like that?
I tested it all on NO$GBA and it worked fine even with the speed boost, I'm not too sure with DesMuMe but I recommend using NO$GBA for the best performance unless someone else can solve the problem.

Old July 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg

I like being able to toggle it on my Joypad so I prefer not to use NO$GBA, but it's not a big problem anyway, so it's fine, thanks.

Also, how much did you tweak the events in game?

Old July 11th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
I like being able to toggle it on my Joypad so I prefer not to use NO$GBA, but it's not a big problem anyway, so it's fine, thanks.

Also, how much did you tweak the events in game?
Unfortunately not much, currently the legendaries are located in the wild in later areas such as Stark Mountain but with very low encounter rates, hopefully as I become more skilled with scripting for Platinum then I will implement them into events.

Old July 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Seraphimon-sama

woo! another fabulous hack from the fabulous SuicuneTM
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Absolutely amazing, man. DL my copy now. I'm happy to see that you were able to use all the advice and help I gave you and apply it so good.

Anyways, I'm not all that keen on script editing; as I don't really mess around with that type of stuff much, my scripting skills are inept at best. LOL

The only thing I prolly know what to do; event wise, anyways...is raising event Pokemon levels and swaping items on da the overworld. And I only know how to do that by hexin'. >_< Yeah, pretty useless. I know. :\

EDIT: Still downloading patch. But dude...how did it end up 88mb? LOL No sweat, my computer can dl that fast, but did the patcher make da patch THAT big? Wow.

Last edited by The Grubby Pup; July 11th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Ok i've downloaded the files but i can't patch the ROM. I've tried with both a US and a EU ROM but tsukuyomi keeps saying Failed! Input checksum is invalid. Why won't the file patch?

EDIT: Turns out I didn't read the OP properly. Downloaded Xenophobia US Platinum and finally patched.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by Seraphimon-sama; July 11th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:20 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Ok i've downloaded the files but i can't patch the ROM. I've tried with both a US and a EU ROM but tsukuyomi keeps saying Failed! Input checksum is invalid. Why won't the file patch.
I'm having the same problem. But anyways, I bet this hack will be awesome.

My wife and I share my PSN account.
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg

Weird, it works for everyone else, anyway, I haven't played that much but already I'm liking it.

Old July 11th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Linkdude231
Hylian Chosen One

Hey guys, i have had your problem before and have your solution: look for a patcher called NUPS on google. It'll tell you if you have the right rom or if the patch is compatible with the rom itself.
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
The hack is complete? Anyway very nice, I'll try!

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old July 12th, 2012, 01:25 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Another awesome project of yours brother. I got your back in support from now on and wish you good luck

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 12th, 2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Another awesome project of yours brother. I got your back in support from now on and wish you good luck :cool:
Thanks very much! I appreciate the support.

Also, would just like to add that I've re-uploaded the release as I had to re-create the patch to edit some things, there were some problems with the Wild Pokémon which have now been fixed and there have been some slight alterations to Gym Leader's Pokémon.

Old July 12th, 2012, 09:22 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
No problem but I am facing two major problems regarding the play. Whenever I patch it through the UPS Patcher it says Cheksum error. Please guide me friend
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Skitty1
Highlight my signature :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

I tested it all on NO$GBA and it worked fine even with the speed boost, I'm not too sure with DesMuMe but I recommend using NO$GBA for the best performance unless someone else can solve the problem.
What problem is there to solve? DeSmuMe runs at full speed (tested with many mods. (from here)) and I rarely have any issues with it.

DeSmuMe 0.9.8 x64

Specs...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor @3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1024 MB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitty1 View Post
What problem is there to solve? DeSmuMe runs at full speed (tested with many mods. (from here)) and I rarely have any issues with it.

DeSmuMe 0.9.8 x64

Specs...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor @3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1024 MB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
I've only been using NO$GBA myself so I wouldn't know whether there is a problem with DeSmuMe.

Old July 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
coco33

are the galatic grunts's teams edited lke magama and aquas in expert emreald
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco33 View Post
are the galatic grunts's teams edited lke magama and aquas in expert emreald
Yeah, all the grunts have been edited to higher levels and with more suitable Pokemon as oppose to Bronzor, Stunky, Glameow & Zubat. Their Pokemon mainly focus around Dark/Psychic/Poison types but still has a diverse mixture.

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
coco33

is it possible to fix the bug where you encouter the same pokemon on route 204 cuz i dont whant this to kepe on happenig
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco33 View Post
is it possible to fix the bug where you encouter the same pokemon on route 204 cuz i dont whant this to kepe on happenig
I know what you're talking about but unfortunately I can't right now, the upper tier once you go through the cave is fine though, that's edited.. it's just the lower area that is uneditable.

Old July 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
tonyrocks67
Beginning Trainer

What level is Machoke supposed to evolve? Mine is level 45 and I don't see it in the general changes document.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here