Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black [Version 0.9.4]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 9th, 2015 (06:47 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Mystery Man.
Don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky

Same old Kanto with the same old characters, but different Pokémon.

Background
As I was preparing a base for my next project, a thought quickly emerged: how would Kanto feel if it’s [mostly beloved] Pokémon were replaced with the [mostly dreaded] Pokémon from generation 5. Since I was already doing 5th generation Pokemon, I decided to begin this project. I was particularly interested in what Pokémon the trainers (mostly the Gym Leaders) would have if it was the other way around, basing my choice of Pokémon on their theme and intended difficulty for the point the player is at. This is what Pokémon Kanto Black is, how I would have made Kanto if it was the other way around – plus some new additions to enhance the experience.

Features
• A world filled with Unova Pokémon!
• In addition to the physical/special split, new generation moves, abilities, and battle items.
• An increasing difficulty as you progress. The bosses you fight later in the game will have Pokémon with EVs.
• Many, many move tutors along with a completely renovated TM list!
• New items, both custom and from the newer games.
• Boss rush facilities where you can earn battle points to exchange for prizes!
• Usable VS Seeker.
• Many more necessary conveniences such as the XY capturing experience, running indoors, IV indicator in the stat screen, deletable HMs, infinite TM usage, pre-battle trainer mugshots, 6th generation critical-hit nerf, BW repel system, player facing fix, new evolutionary stones, etc.

In addition to changes in levels, some bosses specialize in different types. Specifications:
Spoiler:
Boss – Strongest Pokémon Level – Type
Gym Leaders:

Brock – 12 - Rock
Misty – 19 – Ice (switched with Lorelei)
Lt. Surge – 25 – Electric
Erika – 34 – Grass
*Koga – 45 - Bug (hardly any Poison types in generation 5)
--- Lucky Egg can be obtained at this point ---
*Sabrina – 52 – Psychic
*Blaine – 58 - Normal (Agatha specializes in Fire due to the type having more difficult Pokémon to deal with)
**Giovanni – 60 - Dark (due to a lack of Ground types)

Elite Four:
*Lorelei – 64 - Water (more Water-type Pokémon than Ice-type Pokémon)
*Bruno – 65 - Steel (if Fighting, team would be identical to Marshal’s)
*Agatha – 66 - Fire (if Ghost, team would be identical to Shauntal’s)
*Lance – 67 - Dragon
**Champion – 68 - Variety

*Bosses with a partially EV trained ace.
**Bosses with a fully EV trained ace.
All battle facility trainers have fully EV trained.

Media

Known Glitches & Oddities
Spoiler:
Do not use a two-turn move (such as Dig) on a Pokémon with Clear Smog (Trubbish & Garbodor Lv. 34+, Foonguss & Amoonguss Lv. 38+). This will freeze the game IF your opponent decides to use Clear Smog while your Pokémon is hiding.
• I have not changed the habitats of the Pokémon.
• Some of the custom move tutors I created may heal you. Report the ones that do, if any. In addition to that, there are a few incongruities with the move tutor messages.
• The Pokémon in the slot machines have not been changed.
• Aerodactyl and Kabutops are still displayed in the Pewter Museum.
• The posted notice will say it is 0.93 rather than 0.94. Not fixing this until I release the next version unless a serious bug is discovered.
• Removed a mention of Zubat in Mt. Moon.
• Cleaned up the mess in Copycat's house.
• Some VS Seeker rematches have Pokemon that are much stronger than they should be.

Notes
• This game is more linear than the original Firered. There will be obstructions blocking your path until you defeat the accessible gym leader at the particular point you are at. Consequently, Surf cannot be used in the overworld until after you defeat Sabrina.

• As of latest version, the only Pokémon with alternate formes are Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. Unfezant and the Frillish line also have their proper gender variations. Both alternates of Basculin are also in.
• The original idea was to have 5th and 6th generation Pokémon replace the 1st and 2nd generation Pokémon. I was intending to make the 2nd quest (Sevii Islands) revolve around the 6th generation Pokémon, but at this time, I have other things I would much rather commit to. No 2nd quest for now.
• Some Pokémon can learn moves they normally can’t i.e. the Tepig line can learn Drain Punch. Most of it is intentional, though if it makes absolutely no sense, I might have overlooked it. In those cases, please report.
• The difficulty aim for this hack was to make it progressive. As such, the game might be easier than vanilla Firered in the beginning, but will steadily become more difficult.
• All Pokémon with 600 BSTs can be used in the battle facilities. This means that Genesect, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Victini are allowed, all of which are banned in the main games.
• The S.S. Anne does not leave. This is intended.
You can get an Eviolite from a scientist on the route left of Celadon City.
• Secret Power has been changed to deal special damage rather than physical.
• You can get Rock Smash in front of Fuchsia’s gym.
Talk to the president’s secretary after defeating Giovanni.
A second stone merchant can be found in front of the Pokemart in Saffron City. He sells the remaining evolutionary stones, plus the Trade Stone for Pokémon that normally evolve by trade.
You can get Waterfall in Seafoam Islands. Despite being an HM in this hack, there are no accessible waterfalls as of the latest version.
An elderly woman in Route 23's trainer house will give you the Reveal Glass if you have Tornadus, Thundurus, or Landorus in your team.
List of Move Tutors (44)
Spoiler:
Universal tutors can teach every Pokémon except Egg and Tynamo the move they have to offer.
Type tutors teach Pokémon of the type they specify in addition to a few others.

o Universal Tutor 1 – Bide, Frustration, Protect, Rage – Pewter City Pokémon Center
o Universal Tutor 2 - Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore, Endure – Vermilion City
o Universal Tutor 3 – Curse, Return, Secret Power, Take Down – Celadon City
o Universal Tutor 4 – Toxic, Façade, Hidden Power, Body Slam – Trainer House 4
o Trainer House 1 – Electroweb, Struggle Bug, Brine, Flame Charge – Route 6
o Trainer House 2 – Snarl, Volt Switch - Route 19
o Trainer House 3 – Draco Meteor, Overheat, Storm Throw, Frost Breath – Route 23
o Move Relearner – Trainer House 3
o Ultimate Move Tutor – Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, & Frenzy Plant – Trainer House 2
o Aqua Tail, Substitute – Fuchsia City
o Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch – Route 19
o Explosion, Swords Dance – Cinnabar Island
o Charge Beam – Cerulean City
o Thunder Wave – Silph Co
o Rock Polish, Drain Punch – Route 4 (East)
o Flash Cannon – Pewter Museum
o Signal Beam, Dazzle – Celadon City
o Shadow Claw – Viridian City
o Rock Slide – Rock Tunnel
o Double Edge - Victory Road

Legendary Pokémon locations
Spoiler:
o *Tornados – roaming Pokémon on routes 12, 13, 14, and 17 when it’s raining with thunderstorms.
o *Thundurus – roaming Pokémon on routes 19 and 21 when it’s raining with thunderstorms.
o Landorus – portal in Unknown Dungeon 2F. Must have Tornados and Thundurus in your party.
o Virizion – Powerplant
o Cobalion – Seafoam Islands
o Terrakion – Victory Road
o Keldeo – portal in Unknown Dungeon 2F. Must have Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion in your party.
o Reshiram – portal in Unknown Dungeon 2F. Must have cleared Kanto Rush.
o Zekrom – portal in Unknown Dungeon 2F. Must have cleared Unova Rush.
o Kyurem – portal in Unknown Dungeon 2F. Must have Reshiram and Zekrom in your party.
o Meloetta – given to you after clearing the main quest.
o Genesect – Unknown Dungeon
o Victini – talk to some guy in the Celadon Mansion after seeing all Pokemon except Victini.

*Do not search for them in the wild grass. Their overworld sprites generate when it rains in the routes specified. They will appear after you have obtained the 6th badge.

Questions & Answers
Is this hack finished?

It is mostly complete. You can complete the main quest as I envisioned, and also capture all of the 5th generation Pokémon; however, I still have things to edit, such as the Pokémon habitats, slot machines, in addition to adding all of the signature moves and alternate forms/formes.

What about the Sevii Islands?
As of the latest version, they are inaccessible. They are planned to contain the 6th generation Pokemon -- the 2nd generation replacements in this hack.

Why Set mode?
1) Shift mode makes the battle facilities I have scripted pitifully easy.
2) Fairer
On the other hand, none of your opponents will be able to use healing items (i.e. Full Restores). Only you will have that advantage outside of the battle facility, where no one is allowed to use items.

Are the 5th generation Pokemon added?
No, they do not, although I might add some of the better Pokemon from the previous generations after the XY Pokemon to make the Pokedex end in a nice number like 300.

Releases
Version 0.94 - http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=75044&stc=1&d=1431396060
Spoiler:
- Tynamo evolves into Eelektrik like it is supposed to.
- Dragon Rush has been corrected. It flinches now and its PP is 10.
- Male Frillish should no longer evolve into Female Jellicent.
- Added Chip Away. It has also been integrated into the level up moves of the Pokemon that normally learn it that way.
- Updated Hidden Power and Spite. Credits to KDS!
- Leftovers (and maybe other moves/items that heal every turn) and Flare Blitz w/ Sheer Force should now be fixed. Big thanks to KDS for posting the fixes!
- All fully evolved Pokemon have new moves added to their level up moves, mostly egg moves as I will not expect people to use breeding facilities once accessible. Most of the moves are learned via move relearner. Some of the moves are learned are learned at high levels, 50 through 70 for most Pokemon. I might provide a list sometime in the future.
- Some of the Elite Four Pokemon have had their items switched around. The challenge should now be slightly more difficult. Lance's team might change in the next update.
- A few of you may have encountered an oddity with the move tutor where not all level up moves were in the selection. One such example was Simisear -- before this update, Nasty Plot was not in the move relearner menu. I did not find out about this until after I moved the level up moves data to 980000. The move relearner only reads the first 20 moves in the Pokemon's level up moveset. What I did to remedy this is basically trim down the amount of moves Pokemon learn through this method, mostly eliminating moves that were hardly of any value to the Pokemon i.e. Darmanitan with defensive moves
- The Landorus portal should appear even if Thundurus and Tornadus are in their therian forme.
- Growth should be fixed now.

Version 0.93 - http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=74783&stc=1&d=1429206401
Spoiler:
- The Pansear line now learns Flamethrower at Lv. 34 and Fire Blast at Lv. 50.
- The Champion now has a Whimsicott instead of a Ferrothorn if you choose Tepig as your starter.
- Genesect can learn TMs.
- The Flash Cannon move tutor teaches Flash Cannon like it is supposed to.
- Added more Audino to routes 14 and 21. As of this version, they are the best places for Audino grinding.
- Added a new ability - Unaware. The Woobat line now have their proper ability! Credits to KDS for the ability.
- With Unaware comes Sacred Sword! Samurott, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo are able to learn this move. Credits to KDS.
- A few moveset changes.

Credits
MrDollSteak’s Decap. & Attack ROM base
The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
The Quick Development and Research Thread
The Ability Resource Thread
The ASM Resource Thread
ASM – FBI Agent, Doesntknowhowtoplay, Hidoranblaze, daniils, davidjcobb, JPAN (hacked engine), Hackmew, Jambo51 (ASM Resource Center), Hopeless Masquerade, Mastermind_X, Knizz, KDS, Darthatron, kearnseyboy6
Overworld sprites – Kymotonian, c2c-A7X, 2and2makes5, , Pokegirl4ever, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, kdiamo11, Chocosrawloid, Sneakertheotter
Exp. box - LeiAlcantara025/Pokemon Addicts
Bug fixes - InfiniteZero, KDS, Tlachtli

Closing Message
Feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am particularly looking for input on the difficulty (which points are unacceptably easy or hard). Other suggestions are also very welcome Enjoy!
Old April 10th, 2015 (06:11 AM).

What do the stars in the stats screen mean?
Old April 10th, 2015 (11:58 AM). Edited April 10th, 2015 by Mystery Man.
Don't be like me!

Quote originally posted by noactualname:
What do the stars in the stats screen mean?
The gold stars indicate that the particular stat has an IV of 25+. I am considering adding more stars to better indicate good IVs; for now, it's only going to be gold stars.
Old April 10th, 2015 (01:34 PM).
I'm done with this site. Hmu at PHO

Nature: Lonely
Thanks looks interesting! Time for another nuzlocke!
Old April 11th, 2015 (05:27 AM). Edited April 11th, 2015 by noactualname.

This was an amazing experience for someone like me, whom has never played 5th gen. I really enjoyed this ROM hack and found that the level curves were reasonable as I never had to grind for one particular area other than the Elite 4, and the gym leaders were quite difficult, specifically Sabrina. Plus it was cool that the TMs were yellow colored; made it all the easier collecting all 50 of 'em. The only two things that I would like to see is : more variety in fishing, 99% of the time it's a Basculin. I would additionally prefer if gym leaders had a full set of six pokemon, from Brock to Giovanni, just something I've been accustomed to from other hacks. Other than that, this was a very good ROM hack, cheers~

Edit; I think it would be better if the trade evolution items were available sooner.
Old April 11th, 2015 (05:54 AM).

Great hack, really gives a new feeling on FR
There's an oddity on growth though, it always rise sharply attack/sp attack wich makes it overpowered
Old April 11th, 2015 (08:02 AM). Edited April 11th, 2015 by Mystery Man.
Don't be like me!

Quote originally posted by BlackStorm20x:
Thanks looks interesting! Time for another nuzlocke!
Let me know how that goes. :3

This was an amazing experience for someone like me, whom has never played 5th gen. I really enjoyed this ROM hack and found that the level curves were reasonable as I never had to grind for one particular area other than the Elite 4, and the gym leaders were quite difficult, specifically Sabrina. Plus it was cool that the TMs were yellow colored; made it all the easier collecting all 50 of 'em. The only two things that I would like to see is : more variety in fishing, 99% of the time it's a Basculin. I would additionally prefer if gym leaders had a full set of six pokemon, from Brock to Giovanni, just something I've been accustomed to from other hacks. Other than that, this was a very good ROM hack, cheers~

Edit; I think it would be better if the trade evolution items were available sooner.
Thanks! I have invested quite the time into making the gym leaders reasonably difficult.

I'll definitely be doing that for the next update. I guess, at the time, I couldn't think of anymore Pokemon other than Basculin

Gym leader's having 6 Pokemon is a good suggestion, though it would entail many repeated Pokemon due to my Unova only limit for the main quest. I might do that if I decide to add a more difficult mode.

I'll be considering that, due to Pokemon like Karrablast and Shelmet being a little difficult to use during the mid game.

Quote originally posted by kleenexfeu:
Great hack, really gives a new feeling on FR
There's an oddity on growth though, it always rise sharply attack/sp attack wich makes it overpowered
Ah, good catch. That shall be corrected in the next update. Thank you!
Old April 11th, 2015 (09:48 AM).

By the way, since you're using MrDollSteak's Patch, you should fix the substitute and snow warning problems.

To fix sub' : Go to 0x90C320 and insert : 58 20 10 4B 1B 78 58 43 0C 18 20 34 20 78 06 B4 66 28 14 D0 00 21 0C 4B 1B 88 0C 48 0C 4A 4C 00 A4 18 24 88 A3 42 0A D0 84 42 01 D0 01 31 F6 E7 06 BC 58 20 50 43 50 31 40 18 06 49 08 47 06 BC 05 48 00 47 6B 3D 02 02 4A 3D 02 02 FF FF 00 00 00 48 90 08 D9 F5 01 08 29 F6 01 08 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 58 20 10 4B 1B 78 58 43 0C 18 20 34 20 78 06 B4 66 28 14 D0 00 21 0C 4B 1B 88 0C 48 0C 4A 4C 00 A4 18 24 88 A3 42 0A D0 84 42 01 D0 01 31 F6 E7 06 BC 58 20 50 43 50 31 40 18 06 49 08 47 06 BC 05 48 00 47 6B 3D 02 02 4A 3D 02 02 FF FF 00 00 00 48 90 08 ED F6 01 08 E9 F7 01 08 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF (Credit to KDS).

To fix snow warning : Go to the offset 0x909AF5 and replace FD 1B FE with FD 1A FE (Credit to InfiniteZero).

Fix found in MrDollSteak's RomBase thread.

Oh and there's also ability fix in the ability resource thread but every time I try to insert ability it doesn't work, so you'll have to do this yourself x)
Old April 11th, 2015 (11:58 AM).

I am going to play this, considering that I really liked Gen 5 and the amount of hacks with this many features aren't very common. I'll probably leave more thoughts at a later date when I play the game, however.

Judging from what I do see, however, it looks really polished and cool and stuff. Nice work.
Old April 12th, 2015 (11:35 AM).

Ok, i'm back with some feedback:

Drilbur doesn't evolve at level 31 as it is supposed to, but by moon stone. Is this intentional? This does give the player the opportunity to have something with 135 attack before the 2nd gym, so it should probably be changed to level up anyways.

Herdier learns Take Down, a 90 power STAB attack, way too early, although this occurs in official Pokemon games. It's also bulky enough to avoid the 2 hit KO from most of the Pokemon you can get at the time. I think you should reduce the amount of Herdiers that Trainers have around the Vermillion City part of the game. The Watchogs and Liepards in that part could also be problematic to some players as well, but maybe it was just me, as at that point my only evolved Pokemon was a Dewott.

Giovanni's last Pokemon at the Rocket Hideout is a bit overleveled. He has a level 36, while my party was floating around levels 28 to 32, and his other two Pokemon are 31 and 32 respectively. I lucked out because it missed a metal claw and it died to a +3 brick break, but if it didn't miss, it would be very problematic.

One more thought: You might want to lower the levels some of the Pokemon evolve at. The worst offenders of Unova's late evolution trend are probably the ones that evolve in the 50s. Meinfoo, Pawniard, Rufflet, Vullaby, and Deino should evolve around late 30s or early 40s, Larvesta maybe late 40s, and Zweilous in the 50s. At least that's what I think.

That's all the thoughts I have for now, as I have just finished Rocket Hideout.
Old April 12th, 2015 (12:56 PM).

Have you done any stat or type changes to any of the pokemon?
Old April 12th, 2015 (02:16 PM). Edited April 12th, 2015 by Mystery Man.
Don't be like me!

Version 0.91 is up. The changes are as follows:
Spoiler:
- fixed Snow Warning and Substitute
- Subsitute tutor no longer heals your Pokemon.
- added the proper alternates for the following Pokemon: Frillish, Jellicent, Basculin, Unfezant.
- ameliorated Unfezant's (M) icon.
- added more variety to the Pokemon you can fish.
- fixed a few movement permission errors.
- changed the Archen line's ability to Run Away.
- trainers on the routes to Cinnabar Island have had their levels incremented and some of their Pokemon changed.
- Drilbur now evolves like it is supposed to.
- Giovanni's Excadrill is now level 34, same level as Erika's strongest Pokemon.
- Herdier now learns Crunch at Lv. 15 and Take Down at Lv. 24. Base power 90 + STAB is a very ridiculous for that point of the game.
- less trianers have Watchog at the Vermillion City point.
- Mienfoo evolves at level 44, Pawniard at level 46, Rufflet at levl 45, Vullaby at 45, and Deino at 40.
- you now receive the fossil Pokemon at level 35
- the Cinnabar Island merchant has moved to Saffron City (after you defeat Team Rocket).

Quote originally posted by kleenexfeu:
By the way, since you're using MrDollSteak's Patch, you should fix the substitute and snow warning problems.

To fix sub' : Go to 0x90C320 and insert : 58 20 10 4B 1B 78 58 43 0C 18 20 34 20 78 06 B4 66 28 14 D0 00 21 0C 4B 1B 88 0C 48 0C 4A 4C 00 A4 18 24 88 A3 42 0A D0 84 42 01 D0 01 31 F6 E7 06 BC 58 20 50 43 50 31 40 18 06 49 08 47 06 BC 05 48 00 47 6B 3D 02 02 4A 3D 02 02 FF FF 00 00 00 48 90 08 D9 F5 01 08 29 F6 01 08 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 58 20 10 4B 1B 78 58 43 0C 18 20 34 20 78 06 B4 66 28 14 D0 00 21 0C 4B 1B 88 0C 48 0C 4A 4C 00 A4 18 24 88 A3 42 0A D0 84 42 01 D0 01 31 F6 E7 06 BC 58 20 50 43 50 31 40 18 06 49 08 47 06 BC 05 48 00 47 6B 3D 02 02 4A 3D 02 02 FF FF 00 00 00 48 90 08 ED F6 01 08 E9 F7 01 08 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF (Credit to KDS).

To fix snow warning : Go to the offset 0x909AF5 and replace FD 1B FE with FD 1A FE (Credit to InfiniteZero).

Fix found in MrDollSteak's RomBase thread.

Oh and there's also ability fix in the ability resource thread but every time I try to insert ability it doesn't work, so you'll have to do this yourself x)
Thank you. Subsitute and Snow Warning have been fixed. I might attempt to add the abilities in that thread later. Mold Breaker and Sacred Sword are pretty enticing. :3

Quote originally posted by tudou:
Ok, i'm back with some feedback:

Drilbur doesn't evolve at level 31 as it is supposed to, but by moon stone. Is this intentional? This does give the player the opportunity to have something with 135 attack before the 2nd gym, so it should probably be changed to level up anyways.

Herdier learns Take Down, a 90 power STAB attack, way too early, although this occurs in official Pokemon games. It's also bulky enough to avoid the 2 hit KO from most of the Pokemon you can get at the time. I think you should reduce the amount of Herdiers that Trainers have around the Vermillion City part of the game. The Watchogs and Liepards in that part could also be problematic to some players as well, but maybe it was just me, as at that point my only evolved Pokemon was a Dewott.

Giovanni's last Pokemon at the Rocket Hideout is a bit overleveled. He has a level 36, while my party was floating around levels 28 to 32, and his other two Pokemon are 31 and 32 respectively. I lucked out because it missed a metal claw and it died to a +3 brick break, but if it didn't miss, it would be very problematic.

One more thought: You might want to lower the levels some of the Pokemon evolve at. The worst offenders of Unova's late evolution trend are probably the ones that evolve in the 50s. Meinfoo, Pawniard, Rufflet, Vullaby, and Deino should evolve around late 30s or early 40s, Larvesta maybe late 40s, and Zweilous in the 50s. At least that's what I think.

That's all the thoughts I have for now, as I have just finished Rocket Hideout.
Drilbur evolving via Moon Stone was definitely not intentional. It's fixed now.

I do agree that Take Down is a bit overpowered and very annoying to deal with at that point of the game, especially with STAB. Herdier now learns Take Down later (level 24), but now learns Crunch at level 15. It's much weaker than Take Down with STAB and not much stronger than a move it learns earlier (Bite).

The Excadrill has had its level reduced by 2.

Meinfoo, Pawniard, Rufflet, Vullaby, and Deino now evolve earlier. It should be 10-15 levels from the levels they can be caught. I am going to leave Zweilous and Larvesta the same -- their evolutions are some of the most powerful Pokemon in the 5th generation. The way I see it, they are supposed to be a pain to train, but very rewarding once evolved.

Thank you for your suggestions. Most of them have been applied to version 0.91.

Have you done any stat or type changes to any of the pokemon?
I believe I did tweak a bit of their stats in the very beginning. Only the weaker Pokemon. None of the Pokemon have intentional type changes. The Cottonee line uses their 6th generation type (Grass/Fairy).
Old April 12th, 2015 (02:42 PM).

I think it would be a cool idea to add Red as a final opponent; hidden somewhere after having beaten the Elite 4.
Old April 12th, 2015 (02:43 PM).

Well, it makes very interesting. I'm very curious how you modify a "Sevii Islands" quest I and II. You will try change that Ruby and Sapphire on DarkStone/Root of Life (Xerneas) and LightStone/ Coccon of Destruction (Yvetal) respectively, and add a item connected with Zygarde? You know, I don't mean add a lot Kalos Pokemon in Sevii, but only 3 legends of Kalos. Just for curiosity I ask.
Old April 12th, 2015 (03:39 PM).

I found a description bug for the move Torment; The user emits a powerful, dark aura. It may make the target flinch.

Which it's the description for, what I'm guessing, dark pulse or something. The move in itself works as normally as far as I can notice; being Torment.
Old April 13th, 2015 (03:49 AM).

Congrats! Linear yet awesome game with functional advanced mechanics (this at a time when the section was getting filled with broken Emerald/Fire Red roms desguised as sideshow hacks). One question though: does this only have 5th gen mons? Cause I'd love to have a Lucario in my team

Old April 13th, 2015 (07:57 AM). Edited April 13th, 2015 by Quitus.

Btw when Gurdurr evolve? I want a Conkeldurr so badly, lol.

Nice hack man, congrats. Something interesting for a change.

Talking about leveling is there any Lucky egg in the game, or just train old school?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: Where i can find a Dawn stone? Whismicott is so needed at this point.
Old April 13th, 2015 (11:39 AM).

Nature: Timid
Just downloaded the hack and I'm going to start playing now, but it seems pretty promising! Definitely looking forward for the second quest too, though. Gen 5 and Gen 6 have some of my favorite Pokemon.
A question, though: do we get a ditto at any point to help with breeding?
Old April 13th, 2015 (11:44 AM).
Don't be like me!

I think it would be a cool idea to add Red as a final opponent; hidden somewhere after having beaten the Elite 4.
Playing as Red is better.
As for final opponents, maybe the protagonist of Black & White; like Red, they are known to be masters of their generation. Ideally, after the second quest, much like GSC. At this time, though, I would rather not add any stronger opponents.

Quote originally posted by Zekuromu:
Well, it makes very interesting. I'm very curious how you modify a "Sevii Islands" quest I and II. You will try change that Ruby and Sapphire on DarkStone/Root of Life (Xerneas) and LightStone/ Coccon of Destruction (Yvetal) respectively, and add a item connected with Zygarde? You know, I don't mean add a lot Kalos Pokemon in Sevii, but only 3 legends of Kalos. Just for curiosity I ask.
If I do decide to complete the Sevii Island's quest, all 6th generation legendaries will be in, including Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion (which I could see resting on Mt. Ember in Moltres' place). That certainly is an interesting idea, since the two legendaries move energy around. It seems fitting.

I found a description bug for the move Torment; The user emits a powerful, dark aura. It may make the target flinch.

Which it's the description for, what I'm guessing, dark pulse or something. The move in itself works as normally as far as I can notice; being Torment.
Yeah, it certainly is Dark Pulse. I shall get to correcting that soon. Thank you!

Quote originally posted by Myc Shredder:
Congrats! Linear yet awesome game with functional advanced mechanics (this at a time when the section was getting filled with broken Emerald/Fire Red roms desguised as sideshow hacks). One question though: does this only have 5th gen mons? Cause I'd love to have a Lucario in my team
Thank you.
As of right now, it is only 5th generation Pokemon. I have no plans of adding any Pokemon from prior generations except for maybe Ditto for breeding reasons.

Quote originally posted by Quitus:
Btw when Gurdurr evolve? I want a Conkeldurr so badly, lol.

Nice hack man, congrats. Something interesting for a change.

Talking about leveling is there any Lucky egg in the game, or just train old school?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: Where i can find a Dawn stone? Whismicott is so needed at this point.
Thank you!
Gurdurr, as well as other trade evolutions, evolve by use of the Trade Stone. A second stone merchant that sells that stone, as well as a few others, can be found in Saffron City, in front of the Poke Mart after you have defeated Team Rocket.

The Lucky Egg can be obtained after you defeat Team Rocket at Silph Co. Talk to the president's secretary for it.

The Dawn Stone, as well as a few others, can be bought at the Celadon department store.
Old April 13th, 2015 (11:47 AM).
Don't be like me!

Quote originally posted by kunobi:
Just downloaded the hack and I'm going to start playing now, but it seems pretty promising! Definitely looking forward for the second quest too, though. Gen 5 and Gen 6 have some of my favorite Pokemon.
A question, though: do we get a ditto at any point to help with breeding?
Breeding is still in the same place as vanilla Firered -- Four Island. It's inaccessible in the current version. Once that is moved around, I'll definitely be adding Ditto to facilitate breeding.
Old April 13th, 2015 (01:29 PM).

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Mystery Man:
Breeding is still in the same place as vanilla Firered -- Four Island. It's inaccessible in the current version. Once that is moved around, I'll definitely be adding Ditto to facilitate breeding.
I'll be crossing my fingers for that second quest and for the breeding, then!

I'm going to Viridian Forest so far, taking it easy and trying to get some EVs while I go. It's pretty fun to play so far, so good job! If I find anything odd, I'll let you know!
Old April 13th, 2015 (01:34 PM).
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I test it. And It was amazing dude... I hope that you continue work on it.
Old April 13th, 2015 (04:17 PM).
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Holy cheese balls this is awesome, if I start a game now and you come out with an update later, will I be able to use my old save or will I have to start over an entirely new game?
Old April 13th, 2015 (04:33 PM).

Quote originally posted by Teh Blazer:
Holy cheese balls this is awesome, if I start a game now and you come out with an update later, will I be able to use my old save or will I have to start over an entirely new game?
Just keep your save, patch to a new rom, make sure the new rom has the same name as the old one you used, and the save should be compatible with that one.

By the way, Mystery Man, Tornadus and Thundurus appear in thunderstorms, not just regular rain, right? Because it's just raining in route 21, but there is no Thundurus.
Old April 13th, 2015 (07:23 PM).

Quote originally posted by Mystery Man:
Playing as Red is better.
As for final opponents, maybe the protagonist of Black & White; like Red, they are known to be masters of their generation. Ideally, after the second quest, much like GSC. At this time, though, I would rather not add any stronger opponents.

If I do decide to complete the Sevii Island's quest, all 6th generation legendaries will be in, including Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion (which I could see resting on Mt. Ember in Moltres' place). That certainly is an interesting idea, since the two legendaries move energy around. It seems fitting.

Yeah, it certainly is Dark Pulse. I shall get to correcting that soon. Thank you!

Thank you.
As of right now, it is only 5th generation Pokemon. I have no plans of adding any Pokemon from prior generations except for maybe Ditto for breeding reasons.

Thank you!
Gurdurr, as well as other trade evolutions, evolve by use of the Trade Stone. A second stone merchant that sells that stone, as well as a few others, can be found in Saffron City, in front of the Poke Mart after you have defeated Team Rocket.

The Lucky Egg can be obtained after you defeat Team Rocket at Silph Co. Talk to the president's secretary for it.

The Dawn Stone, as well as a few others, can be bought at the Celadon department store.
Thanks for the answer, i found the trade stone with the merchant in front of Zaffron market, but the dawn stone isn't anywhere, lol. Not the department Store of Celadon (has the regulars and a shiny stone) and neither the guy in Zaffron.

Juts got my Conkeldurr so i'm happy, hey!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links