The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:29 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Update #1
HEARTGOLD
Attempt #1
Summery: Picked Cyndaquil (Tim) as my starter. Caught Pidgey (PIDGEY; I'm so use to pressing B when I'm asked to nick name Pokémon that I didn't name her.) on Route 29, she perished shortly after we made it to Route 30, but not before I went to Route 46 and caught a Rattata (Bridgett), following that I caught a another Pidgey on Route 30. While neglecting training I was 'Game Over'd' at Route 30 against a Youngster.

Saved right before entering Route 30 with Bridgett and Tim.

Party |
Bridgett/Rattata L.2
Naughty Nature | Guts
Tackle // Tail Whip

Cyndaquil/Tim L.8
Naive | Blaze
Tackle // Leer // SmokeScreen

GRAVEYARD |
Pidgey/N/A

EDIT/CHALLENGE EDIT - I've made things a bit too difficult for me. I'm going to allow Items to be used (But not held) but only outside of battle. Also, I can only visit a shop once per town.
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Demon Days
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
Figured I'd come here for some advice from you guys.
Does Golem and Roserade have enough staying power to be on a team? I ask this because I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Pearl and don't want to lose my Pokémon quickly (I'm at the Valley Windworks if anyone asks). Thanks!

Old April 15th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discordant View Post
Figured I'd come here for some advice from you guys.
Does Golem and Roserade have enough staying power to be on a team? I ask this because I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Pearl and don't want to lose my Pokémon quickly (I'm at the Valley Windworks if anyone asks). Thanks!
I'd recommend Golem in any Nuzlocke team due to its great attack and defence, as long as you switch it out against grass and water types, which Roserade can deal with pretty well, so yeah, I'd say that they're very good on a team together.

EDIT: Update 3
Spoiler:

What happened:
Spoiler:
In the end, I decided that adding Fear the Spearow to the team would be best due to its Jolly nature, allowing added speed to the already quick Pokemon. I decided that with my 2-3 hours of free time this afternoon, I would have a grind-fest, not only to put Fear and Lil on the level of the rest of my squad, but also to evolve Blaze, due to him being unable to take many hits, unlike Oddium and Pierce. I hadn't been training long before Blaze learned Flamethrower which instantly added a lot of power to the Fire type, but it still wasn't enough to stop the Poison and Paralysis of Oddish and Venonat on Route 15, because I was switching out to train Fear and Lil.

After about 20 minutes of training, Fear finally evolved into the brute that is Fearow, and hopefully this one would stay alive as opposed to my previous four flying Pokemon, two of which were also Fearow. Due to a level 20 Fearow being superior to a level 24 Meowth, I now switched my focus over to evolving that as well as Charmeleon, who was growing slowly. Fortunately, when Ditto's appeared, I was getting a small fortune due to using Pay Day in the turn they transformed, and with them appearing rather often, I was making $120 every 5-10 battles.

And then, it finally happened. The thing I had been hoping for. The evolution of Blaze. I noticed straight away the massive growth in its Sp. Atk and Speed, and the addition of Wing Attack would prove useful in time. The main thing left was to evolve Lil. After battling the rest of the trainers in the area, I was finally given the chance to use Persian, one of my favourite Normal types in the Pokemon series. I was thinking about challenging the gym, but noticed that I still have 2 Pokemon under level 30 and only one that boasted lv35+ and as a result I decided to head the rest of the way up to Lavender Town, hoping that my team would grow stronger with no losses.

Butterfree reached level 34 while fighting the Bikers on the route, giving me access to Psybeam and after thinking it over, I decided to get rid of Poisonpowder instead of Confusion due to Psybeam's medium PP and I prefer sleep to poison anyway. All of a sudden, Coco, who had been gradually falling from a top team member was refreshed with a new move capable of decent damage, pushing it back to the top with the likes of Oddium, Pierce and the recently updated Blaze, and although it now had the power to topple Poison Pokemon very fast, it lacked the defences to take more than 2-3 hits, even from moves like Acid, which only has a base power of 40.

Unfortunately, Fearow was weaker than the majority of the trainer's Pokemon on this Route, meaning that it could handle one or two Pokemon before its HP got to low to risk it, but this allowed other Pokemon to grow along side it, especially Nidoking due to how many flying type users on Route 14, meaning Coco and Oddium weren't exactly effective here. It wasn't until Fear reached Level 26 that it finally had its breakout performance, managing to take out 4 trainers due to its ability to hit hard and fast, making me realise why I often choose Fearow over Pidgeot.

By the time both Lil and Fear reached Level 30, I realised that the only real advantage Persian had over Fearow was Pay Day, and even that was becoming too weak to use as a main move. Due to its lower Attack, Defence and HP, it was becoming vastly outmatched by almost all of my team, and I realised that I'd need it to learn a better STAB move to become a more effective member of my team, but due to it not learning Slash until level 49 in Fire Red, I decided that the only real option was Secret Power. And what a difference it made. While still not as powerful as the main 4 members of my team, it certainly edged a lot closer to Fearow, whose primary attack was Fly, which I generally disapprove of.

After battling all the trainers on the long route between Lavender and Fuchsia City, I realised that while all my team was at least level 30, they still weren't as strong as I'd like, and decided that 35 was the lowest level I'd want any member on my team for the gym. After about an hour of training my entire team level 35, I was going to end it here today, but decided to take on Koga due to doing so well today.

Clearly, I should've done this training in the first place, seeing as I'm smashing my way through the gym, only being slowed down by status effects. The only problem I had in the gym was Muk's minimize, but after Blaze came out, Koga stood no chance, with Flamethrower tearing Muk to shreds when it hit. And that's now the end of this update, being a very very long one.

My Team:
Spoiler:

-Secret Power
-Faint Attack
-Pay Day
-Bite

-Fly
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Pursuit

-Psybeam
-Gust
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion

-Absorb
-Sleep Powder
-Acid
-Cut

-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
-Strength
-Wing Attack

-Thrash
-Double Kick
-Surf
-Peck

Notes:
In terms of usefulness, Persian sits at dead bottom due to limited power and small movepool, with Fearow quite away ahead of it in my team's 5th position due to it being difficult to train and even harder to keep alive. Despite that, its offences are the reason I'm using it (other than for Fly), and it does pretty damn well at that. After that comes Coco obviously, due to Butterfree being better for earlygame and generally falls out of use after the 3rd/4th gym. After that, it's Oddium, just due to its limited moves and won't really gain a good Grass move until Level 44, being Petal Dance. In the fight for first place, if I was going for strength, it would easily be Blaze, but for long-term use, it would surely be Pierce. Putting it all on the table, means that Pierce only just comes out in front due to Blaze being a little difficult to train until its evolution.

Box:
Spoiler:

Oddium II/Oddish Lv15
Spartan/Spearow Lv15
Fang/Rattata Lv14
Macho/Machop Lv16
Gnasher/Rattata Lv20
Rower/Spearow Lv20
Safa/Nidoran M Lv24
Oddien/Oddish Lv26
Hawk/Spearow Lv20
Venom/Venonat Lv24

Deceased:
Spoiler:

Fletcher/Pidgey Lv4-14
Rage/Mankey Lv2-16
FletcherII/Pidgeotto Lv15-27
Triad/Dugtrio Lv29-30
Jolt/Eevee Lv25-27
Munch/Snorlax Lv30-30
Spear/Fearow Lv10-32
Pecks/Fearow Lv18-21

Hope you all enjoyed the longer update today.

EDIT 2: Update 4:
Spoiler:

What happened:
Spoiler:
All I can say for the Silph Co. part of this update really is EXPLOSION SHOULD JUST GO AWAY!
Fortunately, it seems as though even Persian's defence was high enough due to all the grinding I did for the fight with Koga, meaning I had little trouble other than Explosion almost killing team members so many times. I decided that fighting all the trainers in the building would give me some great EXP, and then crushed my rival with Giovanni going down even quicker.

I then headed to the dojo to claim my gift Pokemon as my rules dictate that I'm allowed to use any gift Pokemon given to me. Koichi went down pretty quick, but that was because he couldn't really hurt Coco too much, whereas Psybeam dealt quite a bit of damage. I picked Hitmonlee and named him Bruce for obvious reasons. Unfortunately it got the timid nature, but I hadn't planned on using it any time soon anyway, so that doesn't really matter.

But then it was time to battle the gym I wasn't looking forward to taking on. No time like the present, I suppose. The trainers in the gym proved to be little challenge, but I struggled to get to Sabrina for some reason seeing as I usually get there very fast. And then came the shocking part.

Despite being my most dreaded gym leader, I OHKO'd everything except Alakazam, which took 2 shots, making her by far the easiest leader so far. I decided that I was pleased with my win and that I was finished for the night.

The Team and everything else is more or less the same, but with Lapras, Hitmonlee and Tentacool all in PC and my team being 5-6 levels higher than previously.

Last edited by Lord_Storm; April 15th, 2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Update
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:18 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Storm View Post
I'd recommend Golem in any Nuzlocke team due to its great attack and defence, as long as you switch it out against grass and water types, which Roserade can deal with pretty well, so yeah, I'd say that they're very good on a team together.
To expand on this; Golem will handle Volkner later on easily. And Roserade will handle Wake, if you haven't already ice'd him. But I would suggest finding some type of Thunder Pokémon to beat down Gyarados' in the near future.

Update #2
HEARTGOLD
Attempt #2
caught Tossly in the Dark Cave (Geodude), level'd Tim (Cyndaquil) into Quillava. But not before Bridgett perished. Went to Sprout tower and beat all the Sages and acquired the Flash TM. Then went to Falkner and defeated with the combined strength of Tossly and Tim.

Graveyard
Pidgey
Bridgett
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

This one wont be a long one, but it's time for my Fire Red Nuzlocke...
Update 5:
Spoiler:

I didn't really get time to write much out, but basically what happened is that I took down Blaine, did the first three Sevii Islands, took on Giovanni, which was an easy win, then went on to fight my rival. My damn rival. I would've won with ease, but I screwed up and chose to use Petal Dance against his Blastoise. He then switched and OHKO'd Oddium with his Growlithe. I took out the rest of his team, but Coco's Sleep Powder missed against the Blastoise who swiftly defeated my Butterfree. So basically, I decided that adding in Venonat and Lapras would be a good idea, and I ended it here because I didn't feel like grinding.
Spoiler:

My Team so far:
Spoiler:
Blaze/Charizard Lv.45

-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
-Wing Attack
-Strength

Pierce/Nidoking Lv46

-Thrash
-Double Kick
-Surf
-Megahorn

Lil/Persian Lv45

-Secret Power
-Faint Attack
-Pay Day
-Bite

Fear/Fearow Lv45

-Drill Peck
-Fury Attack
-Fly
-Pursuit

Venom/Venonat Lv26

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder

Rara/Lapras Lv25

-Mist
-Body Slam
-Confuse Ray
-Perish Song

Boxed:
Spoiler:
OddiumII/Oddish Lv15
Oddien/Oddish Lv26
Glum/Gloom Lv36
Spartan/Spearow Lv15
Hawk/Spearow Lv20
Rower/Spearow Lv20
Spespa/Spearow Lv32
Pogo/Pidgeotto Lv37
Fang/Rattata Lv14
Gnasher/Rattata Lv20
Macho/Machop Lv16
Bruce/Hitmonlee Lv30
Pony/Ponyta Lv30 (Original, right?)
Tangle/Tangela Lv21
Safa/Nidoran M Lv24
Brute/Tentacool Lv9
Tentro/Tentacool Lv6
Coolio/Tentacool Lv6
Uno/Tentacool Lv8
Tetete/Tentacool Lv25

Deceased:
Spoiler:
Fletcher/Pidgey Lv4-14
Rage/Mankey Lv2-16
FletcherII/Pidgeotto Lv15-27
Triad/Dugtrio Lv29-30
Jolt/Eevee Lv25-27
Munch/Snorlax Lv30-30
Spear/Fearow Lv10-32
Pecks/Fearow Lv18-21

A special mention:
Oddium/Vileplume Lv14-45
Coco/Butterfree Lv4-44

I was planning on finishing up FireRed for this update, but after my losses and the newfound need to go grinding, I will do that sometime soon and post the final Fire Red update either later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Lord_Storm; April 15th, 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Forgot my pictures!
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
ilovedeino15
I used to be bctincher15

I going to re-sign up, since my old account is bctincher15, all I need is the username in the main post changed, I'll still be doing the same game, White 2.

No optional rules, going completely original nuzlocke here. I've gotten 3 badges, in Nimbasa, training for Elesa on the surrounding Routes. I spent a LOOOONG time in the Battle Subway, and bought every TM there.

Since I don't have 15 posts yet, pics will be in the attachments. I am very happy with my first encounter at Lostlorn Forest.

Spoiler:
Team at this point:
Spoiler:
Roserade Lv. 24
Natural Cure
70/50/38/72/55/55
Venoshock, Magical Leaf, Mega Drain, Sweet Scent

Golbat Lv. 26
Inner Focus
83/55/49/46/52/60
Venoshock, U-Turn, Return, Pluck

Trapinch Lv. 25
Hyper Cutter
65/62/35/35/38/15
Dig, Rock Slide, Bide, Bulldoze

Dewott Lv. 26
Torrent
83/58/44/56/39/44
Fury Cutter, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Swords Dance

Solosis Lv. 22
Magic Guard
58/25/29/58/33/20
Snatch, Hidden Power, Light Screen, Charm

Minccino Lv.22
Skill Link(I got the one from Route 5 Hidden Grotto)
63/33/31/26/29/44
Doubleslap, Round, Swift, U-Turn

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Sandile Lv. 14
Petilil Lv. 25
Drilbur Lv. 25

Deceased(too many at this point of the game):
Spoiler:
Mareep Lv. 5 - 6 (killed by Trainer's Patrat)
Patrat Lv. 2 - 10 (killed by Trainer's Lillipup)
Koffing Lv. 10 - 15 (killed by Wild Magby)
Swadloon Lv. 2 - 20 (Killed by Roxie's Koffing)
Yamask Lv. 18 - 24) (killed by Wild Roserade, which I caught)
Attached Images
File Type: png Badge 1.png‎ (10.6 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Badge 2.png‎ (12.5 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Badge 3.png‎ (11.8 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Roserade.png‎ (15.4 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Roserade2.png‎ (12.9 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Im doing a Silver Nuzlocke challenge on a real gameboy.

Unown: ??? lvl 6
Chikorita: ChiChi lvl 9
Weedle: Eldeew lvl 4
Ratatta: O-O lvl 5
Badges:0
Playtime: 1:48
Rules: Basic Rules of course, Must nickname all Pokemon that are caught.
Will update in a few days since I only play 1-2 hours per day.

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

This is only half of my progress as I haven't yet got up to the second round of the Elite 4. I will do that tonight and post my update then, but for now, Update 6:
Spoiler:

I would post the rest of my FireRed in this update but due to car problems, I couldn't get home from a friend's house meaning I was stuck about 30km away from my house until about 5:30pm, and I've pretty much played since, mostly grinding. Anyway, I wont do a long update because I haven't typed anything out as I go along, so it'll pretty much just be pictures.
Spoiler:

These guys were all very easy, with me only losing small amounts of HP on each one, but then came the challenge. I lost 2 Pokemon against my rival before and almost knew for sure that I would lose some more this time. I was unfortunately correct:

So yep, there goes my Venomoth, who hadn't really been all that useful due to the lack of a psychic type meaning the move Psychic wasn't STAB and both of its STAB types were unfortunately physical. Fortunately, I soon realised that Rara didn't take much damage from it, meaning I won with only Venom down.

I will post my final team stats in the next update as opposed to now, because it will likely be up in the next 4-5 hours.

EDIT: The Final Update: No. 7:
Spoiler:
This won't be long as it's now past midnight, but basically, I finished up FireRed, taking out Team Rocket and completing the second round of the E4, which I have pictures of below:
Spoiler:

As you can see, Charizard finished off all of them, as he has been the strongest Pokemon in this nuzlocke, followed by Nidoking, and I was much happier with how I did this time, with no losses at all, even though I only took 5 Pokemon with me because I couldn't find a good replacement for Venomoth.

The Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:

Deceased:

I'll probably start on Crystal in the next few days and post an update on it when I'm ready!

Last edited by Lord_Storm; April 17th, 2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: update
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Here's a update

Team:
Unown: ??? lvl 10
Deceased:
Spearow: Lvl 2
Weedle x2 : lvl 5
Ratatta: Lvl 5
Geodude: Lvl 2
Badges:0
Playtime: 3:01

Another day another death...

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Time to update!

With most of my team evolved, we could easily defeat Roark, so I headed to his gym. I looked around to make sure the coast was clear of Kisuke and stepped inside. I dealt with the few hench-trainers in the gym and got my team some more experience that would definitely help in the gym battle.
I approached Roark who was tickling a pebble, then he spotted me and tossed it aside. He cleared his throat and looked at me and said, "Ready to fight?" I nodded to show approval. Time to earn my first badge...next time.

Current team:

Konjiki/Nidorino (M, Lv.23)
Acid, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Gonryomaru/Luxio (M, Lv.16)
Tackle, Leer, Charge, Spark

Tobiume/Growlithe (F, Lv.21)
Flame Wheel, Howl, Bite, Leer

RyujinJaka/Monferno (F, Lv.17)
Fury Swipes, Leer, Ember, Triple Kick

Minazuki/Kirlia (F, Lv.20)
Confusion, Confuse Ray, Return, Double Team

Douglas/Staravia (M, Lv.15)
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

Deceased:
None so far!
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
I actually quit my LeafGreen Nuzlocke, I didn't really have the time to focus on it the way I would want to. Using LeafGreen for Gym Leader Challenge now. So go ahead and take it off the list.

Username: NecrumWarrior
Game: Diamond
Optional:
-Name all Pokemon
-Dead team = endgame
-No Legedary Pokemon

Because I like crying. ;.;
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Enestor27

Alright let's just say I just stumbled on to this place before I did the challenge and won the game. Let's hypothetically say that I recorded it. Does the video evidence (if I took any) automatically put me as a champion? Hypothetically speaking of course
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:28 AM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
Username: pokem0nprincess
Game: Ruby

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring here as well, with Ruby. Only additional rule is that I must nickname all my Pokemon.

I chose Torchic as my starter. Male, nicknamed Chico. Went to find Brendan and hoped I wouldn't find a wild pokemon in route 101 but alas, I unfortunately encountered some before I had pokeballs. Beat Brendan. Came back to the Lab in Littleroot for some pokeballs so I could add a member to my team. I went up to route 102 and the first pokemon I encountered was a male Wurmple at level 3, caught it and nicknamed it Pinkworm. Then I went to route 103 and found a female Zigzagoon at level 3 and nicknamed her Ziggy. I did some hardcore grinding before traveling through route 103 to Petalburg as I didn't want any of my precious babies to faint. Did the stuff there, then continued to route 104 where I caught a level 4 female Wingull which I nicknamed Winnie. Ground a bit more until each of my pokemon were at level 8, then entered the woods and caught another male Wurmple at level 5 which I nicknamed Squishy and immediately boxed. I fought all the trainers up until Rustboro and grabbed some berries. There were a few close calls, but thank God Ziggy picked up some super potions for me on my journey thus far, as well as two nuggets which I sold for pure profit. I also level ground my team up to level 10 as I'm about to face Roxanne.

Current Team:
Chico/Torchic, (M. lv10)
Winnie/Wingull, (F. lv10)
Pinkworm/Beautifly, (M. lv10)
Ziggy/Zigzagoon, (F. lv10)

Deceased:
None so far.

Boxed:
Squishy/Wurmple, (M. lv5)

Update 1:
Narrowly defeated Roxanne, but the casualties were many. Winnie made quick work of Geodude, but was killed by Nosepass's Rock Throw. As were Pinkworm and Ziggy. Chico was lucky enough to burn Nosepass with Ember and I kept spamming Growl and taking Potions until Nosepass eventually fainted. I emerged victorious, but I feel I lost three of my dearest friends. I am very saddened. (No wonder this is such a difficult challenge.)
I have done nothing but add Squishy to my team since beating Roxanne.
Current Team
Chico/Torchic, (M. lv11)
Squishy/Wurmple, (M. lv5)

Deceased:
Pinkworm/Beautifly (M. lv10)
Winnie/Wingull (F. lv12)
Ziggy/Zigzagoon (F. lv10)

Boxed:
None

Update 2:
I added Squishy to my team and took it to the Petalburg Woods to train it up to at least level 10. I was glad to have a Dustox, as Pinkworm did not fare so well as a Beautifly. In Route 116 I caught a female Taillow at lv7 and nicknamed her Tila. I fought all the trainers, grabbed the berries, and set off to Rusturf Tunnel where I caught a male Whismur at lv7 whom I nicknamed Rory. Did that stuff, and returned to the Devon Corp for the letter, then I set sail for Dewford Town with Mr. Briney. My team was looking pretty good at this point, but as soon as I'd talked to everyone besides the gym in Dewford I sailed back to grind my team so Tila and Squishy were at level 14. I took on the gym trainers one by one, and Tila and Squishy were taking them out with Peck and Wing attack, and Gust and Confusion. I healed before facing Brawly, and beat them taking barely any damage. I headed to Granite Cave and grabbed flash, and made it to B1F before encountering a wild Pokemon, which was a female Aron, lv9. Caught her and I nicknamed her Erin. I braved my way through the rest of the cave and found Steven, delivered the letter, and returned to Dewford Town. After receiving the Old Rod from the fishing guru in Dewford, I considered catching a couple Magikarp/Tentacool just to box and save for later, but I haven't done so yet. Still debating waiting until I have a better rod or Surf to encounter some pokemon in Dewford Town and Route 106. This is all I have done, and I plan to grind Erin and Chico and likely Rory all to level 15 before I head to Slateport. No casualties in this update!
Current Team:
Erin/Aron, (F. lv9)
Tila/Taillow, (F. lv15)
Squishy/Dustox, (M. lv15)
Chico/Torchic, (M. lv14)
Rory/Whismur. (M. lv13)

Deceased: Same as last update

Boxed: None

Last edited by pokem0nprincess; April 24th, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
gomermana
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Username: Alex
Game: Pokemon Pearl
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
OrangeTimeMachine
Orange Time Machine

Nature: Lonely
OrangeTimeMachine
Pokémon Emerald
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:59 AM
ShadowGorilla

Username: ShadowGorilla
Game: Platinum
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Callandor
Mageganistic!!!!!!!!!

Username: Callandor
Game: Platinum

Always wanted to do a Nuzlocke. Update soon.
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Update 5
Badges: 3

I need to work out a schedule for my challenges or something, so I can update more frequently. Anyways, shortly after I continued my game after saving in Lavender Town, Pidgey evolved on Route 10. That was pretty nice, but unfortunelty, Nidorino was slain by Gary In Pokemon Tower. It's sad because he's one of the Pokemon I've had longest, I caught pretty early in the challenge. At least Nidorino would get a proper buriel after the battle. I left after defeating Gary, since I have not yet obtained the Silph Scope so I can see through the ghost's illusions in Pokemon Tower. I encountered yet another Pidgey on Route 8, and went ahead defeated it. However, I fortunately caught a Growlithe on Route 7, I named him Fenfir. After arriving in Celadon City, I decided I wanted the Eevee more than the Pokemon I could recieve in the Game Corner. I named him Volt since I plan to evolve him into a Jolteon. I then went into the Celadon Department Store and purchased a Leaf Stone to evolve Weed into a Vileploom. After that, I went into the Game Corner and pressed the button behind the poster that activated the steps into the Rocket's Secret Hideout. I tore through the facility pretty easily, and I have arrived at Giovanni's office. My next update will include a detailed battle with Giovanni. Oh, and I guess my Spearow evolved at some point, can't remember when.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Vine the Ivysaur(m) Lv31
Pidgeotto(f) Lv21
Weed the Vileploom(m) Lv31
Graveler(m) Lv32
Volt the Eevee(m) Lv25
Fenfir the Growlithe(m) Lv21

Boxed Team
Spoiler:

Fearow(f) Lv22
Caterpie(f) Lv7

Deceased
Spoiler:

King the Ekans(m) Lv14-15 R.I.P
Aero the Pidgeotto(f) Lv16-22 R.I.P
Mouse the Rattata(f) Lv2-2 R.I.P
Nidorino(m) Lv6-26 R.I.P

Locked Out Areas
Spoiler:
Route 1
Route 2
Route 3
Route 4
Route 5
Route 6
Route 7
Route 8
Route 9
Route 10
Route 11
Route 22
Route 24
Route 25
Viridian Forest
Mt. Moon
Diglett's Cave
Rock Tunnel

Celadon City
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:42 PM
blissfullydoomed

Username: Blissfullydoomed
Game: Fire Red

Im planning on recording soon
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:18 AM
griever7x

Nature: Sassy
Meh, I was defeated by bugsy...
In storm silver she has 6 pokemon, she's ridiculously overpowered!
Guess I had to level up my party more..
Anyhow, I'll start over and try again.
The rules are the same:
Can't use gifted pokemon, only the first pokemon encountered in each area.
Limit of 3 heals per center, limit of 10 items per mart.
Use only poke balls to catch pokemons.
This time I will do it!

Alright, first update on my Storm Silver run!
I caught a Hoothoot on route 29, named him Keibriados.
I caught a Numel on route 49, named him Vulcan. Unfortunately it died at lv.7 while battling a trainer
I caught a Magikarp in Cherrygrove City with the old rod, named her Failkarp. Unsurprisingly, it was slain soon after.
I caught a Weedle on route 30, named her Duelista.
I caught a Bellsprout on route 31, named him Oklob. It was slain in the Bell Tower... Irony?
I caught a Sandshrew in the Dark Cave, named her Almalexia.
In the Bell Tower, then, I found a Spinda! Managed to catch her, named her Psyche.
I tried fishing again in Violet City, and this time found a Poliwag. I caught and named her Ilsuiw.
I then went to train in the outskirts of Violet City, on route 32, where I found and caught a Drifloon, named Glorx Vloq.
I am now preparing to face Falkner, and this is my party:
Duelista the lv.15 Beedrill
Poisong Sting, Twinneedle, Bug Bite, Fury Attack

Almalexia the lv.14 Sandshrew
Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting

Ilsuiw the lv.12 Poliwag
Water Sport, Bubble, Hypnosis, Water Gun

Keibriados the lv.12 Hoothoot
Tackle, Growl, Hypnosis, Air Cutter

Psyche the lv.13 Spinda
Tackle, Uproar, Copycat

Glorx Vloq the lv.13 Drifloon
Constrict, Minimize, Astonish, Gust

Last edited by griever7x; May 11th, 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM
deftrance
Unhatched Egg

Username: deftrance
In-Game Name: Remus
Game: Leaf Green
Optional:
-Name all Pokemon
-Starter Pokemon based off Trainer ID
-Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon
-Disallowing duplicate captures
-Boxing fainted pokemon in a 'Passed' box.

Remus begins his adventure in wonderful Pallet Town. With a Trainer ID of 61229, he selects Leonardo, the Squirtle when presented with the opportunity of a lifetime by Professor Oak. After successfully vanquishing his rival's Bulbasaur. With a triumphant rest, demanded by his mother, Remus slipped off into the tall grass to make his way onwards towards Viridian City.

Making his way carefully through the grass to Viridian City and speaking to a fine gentleman that offered him a Potion and told him to check out the Pokemart, he managed to battle three Rattatas before breaking free of the grass and taking in the sights of the city. A quick trip to the Pokemon Center for a brief respite preceded a visit to the aforementioned Pokemart. What’s this? A package for Professor Oak? Why, of course I’ll deliver that! And back to Pallet Town he goes, trudging through the grass and a few more battles along the way. Professor Oak was quite thrilled to have his package delivered to him and offered Remus five Pokeballs as thanks.

Remus left the Lab to visit Daisy, his rival’s sister, who took it upon herself to offer a town map to assist in his journeys. After thanking the young lady, he checked in on his mother and took a short nap before returning to Viridian City via Route 1.
Remus’s fateful encounter with Splinter, the Rattata soon followed, capturing him at level 3 and continuing on to the city…

Current Party
Leonardo (lvl 6-7)
Splinter (lvl 3)

Updates
Update 1

Last edited by deftrance; May 16th, 2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Update 1 link
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:55 AM
griever7x

Nature: Sassy
Second update on my Storm Silver run!
Here I am, challenging Falkner, the bird pokemon gym leader.
I start with my trusty Almalexia the Sandshrew, facing Falkner's Doduo!
I command Almalexia to spend the first few turns buffing her defense up with Defense Curl, then I use a potion and finish off the Doduo with ease.

The next pokemon he sends out is Murkrow. Under normal circumstances this pokemon's attacks would be quite damaging, but since Almalexia buffed her defense up, now she can play offensively.
3 scratches are all it takes to bring Murkrow down. Next out is Swablu. Since I know Falkner taught it Solarbeam, I switch back my Sandshrew and send out Keibriados the Hoothoot.
Solarbeam is all this pokemon has of notable power, and Hoothoot manages to beat it with a combo of Hypnosis and Air Cutter.
Things look nicely for me, since the popular bird trainer only has 3 pokemons left now, while I still have 6!
Chatot is next. Unfortunately for me, I greatly underestimated this pokemon. I mindlessly send out Spinda, and Chatot pulverizes her with just one chatter...
I try to hypnotize Chatot with Poliwag, but he fails, and is brought down too. Annoying pokemon...
I decide to send out my strongest pokemon, Duelista the Beedrill, and end the slaughter.
She uses Fury Attack a couple of times, while enduring this pokemon's annoying chatter, and finally ends the bird's pitiful existence.
Falkner, why did you even catch this thing??

Next is Farfetch'd; in this hack he is a Fighting/Flying type. Needless to say, my Hoothoot has a big advantage, and using Hypnosis and Air Cutter, Farfetch'd is brought down with ease.

Now all Falkner has left is Pidgeotto. Scary, but it's 4 against one.
I do not want to lose Duelista yet, and send her back in favour of Hoothoot.
I use a Potion on Duelista on the first turn Keibriados is out. Keibriados is dead in one hit of Tackle...
I send out Sandshrew, and start using Defense Curl until Pidgeotto's aerial ace doesn't scare me anymore. It takes 3 potions to make this strategy work.
Almalexia then starts using scratch against Pidgeotto, and she do manages to damage him a bit, but she takes a critical hit the turn after and is left with only 7 hp.
I decide to send out Drifloon to heal my Sandshrew a bit, and the poor balloon pokemon gets one shotted by a critical aerial ace...
Duelista is my only hope now... She uses Bug Bite on Pidgeotto, eating his berry and regaining some health, while bringing the bird down to less than half health.

My Beedrill then endures aerial ace aaaaaand... I win with Twinneedle! Yay! I did it, but I lost 4 pokemons...

I used a total of 6 potions during this fight.
Farewell Keibriados the Hoothoot, Glorx Vloq the Drifloon, Psyche the Spinda and Ilsuiw the Poliwag.

Last edited by griever7x; May 15th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:46 PM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
Username: J_Woo
Game: Pokemon Red

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
deftrance
Unhatched Egg

Update #1:
After arriving once more in Viridian City, Remus takes a short break at the Pokemon Center before visiting the old man to the North. After a brief teaching session, he's handed his own Teachy TV. With his new item in hand, Remus ventured off to the West and onto Route 22. After vanquishing a Rattata (No dupe rule), Remus encountered a Spearow! Weakening him with Splinter, he managed to catch him. Our newest addition to the PokeParty: Hawkman, the Spearow (And yes, Hawkman is female. I don't judge.)

Remus spent some time in this particular patch of grass, feeling some manner of important battle on the horizon. When his team was finally all above level 10, he visited the northern path of Route 22, only to find Kene, his Rival. This battle was quick and painless, with Hawkman easily soloing both Rattata and Bulbasaur.

Afterwards, a quick visit to the Pokemon Center for a top-up and then the PokeMart to purchase potions and a few Pokeballs and Remus continued onwards, north to Route 2.

Again, the first encounter on Route 2... a Rattata. With a sigh, Splinter made short work of her only to encounter the newest member of the Superhero Squad... Wasp, the Weedle.

Current Team

Leonardo, the Squirtle - Mild
Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Withdraw

Splinter, the Rattata - Sassy
Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Hawkman, the Spearow - Docile
Peck, Growl, Leer

Wasp, the Weedle - Jolly
Poison Sting, String Shot

Last edited by deftrance; May 16th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:21 AM
riane

username - Riane
game - blaze black

update #1
Spoiler:

i started with Spike the tepig
we beat both cheren and bianca
we caught Twilight the Pidgey on route 1
we took on N with no problems at all
caught Lime the weedle
Lime evolved into Kakuna
Lime evolved into Beedrill
Spike evolved into pignite
Twilight evolved into pidgeotto
caught Pinkiepie the clefairy
took on the first gym and won easily
beat cheren i wasn't prepared but still beat him had a bad crit that left Spike at 1hp
caught Shellshock(er) the squirtle
Shellshock(er) evolved into a wartortle
caught Rarity the drilbur

current team
Spoiler:

Spike Pignite lvl20 Bold nature
Tackle/Magnitude/Arm Thrust/Flame Charge
Twilight Pidgeotto lvl 20 Rash nature
Acrobatics/Steel Wing/Quick Attack/Faint Attack
Lime Beedrill lvl 19 Hasty nature
X-Scissor/Cut(lol grass move OP)/Bug Bite/Cross Poison
Pinkiepie Clefairy lvl 20 Jolly nature