Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Nuzlocke Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 23rd, 2012 (04:35 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2012 by rageahollic33.
Roserade is the best

Nature: Serious
starting a pokemon emerald randomizer nuzlocke challenge

Rules: no healing in battle

Note: the pokemon in my sig are not my team. that was for the first randomizer nuzlocke challenge.

Ok my starter was either torchic , ditto or torkoal. i went with torchic.
Old December 3rd, 2012 (05:46 AM).
Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Nature: Lonely
Username: or19937
Game: Pokemon Flora Sky using the Emerald Randomizer!

I already started a run earlier today and got to the second gym, but I don't mind starting over since this part of the game is a piece of cake.

Rules:

Faint=Die=boxed in the "DEAD" box.
First Pokemon in each route/city/town/cave(depends if the cave has different signs in certain areas).
Must name all Pokemon.

First update will be in this post:

The interesting story that goes with the run:
Spoiler:
So I decided to write a story to make the run more interesting, for me and for you
It doesn't follow the plot line of the game, but otherwise it will have alot to do with the progress I'll make.
I recommend you read it before checking out the update summary.

Character profile:
Spoiler:
Before starting the game, I decided to give my character an original name and personality(or at least try to).

For the name, I used a random name generator I found online and decided to go with Linus.

Characteristics and info:
Hair color: Brown
Eyes color: Green
Body shape: Normal with a leaning towards slim.
Fashion and style: Mainly a simple combination of T-shirts/sweaters, sport sneakers and jeans. Maybe an occasional button up.

Linus is a quiet and polite seventeen years old boy.
His father died of a disease when he was seven.
Linus was born and raised in Small Town, Hoenn(The game's region was not named, so I'll just consider it as a new part of Hoenn.)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand let's start the story. It's starts kind of slow, but it gradually gets better, so if you started reading, don't stop xD
WARNING - There's cussing, and a bit of graphical descriptions in this part.

Episode 1: The beauty and the beasts.

Spoiler:

Today Linus decided to pick his first Pokemon. The Pokemon will be given to him by one of Professor Birch's assistants in Small Town's research facility.
Linus is excited. He was always lonely since the death of his father, and didn't really feel comfortable with other people. Pokemon, however, he always adored. Finally, he felt confident enough to start a life with a Pokemon.

He woke up at eight in the morning to the loud Punk-rock song that was set as the alarm clock in his PokeNav, dressed up, and made his way to the research facility.

When he went out the door, he couldn't help but notice that a new family had moved in town.
The house was up for sale for years. No one seemed to be interested in Linus' boring Little Town. Not until now, that is.
Linus could spot what seemed to be two kids - One boy, which judging by his appearence, is probably around ten years old, and a girl who is obviously the older sister. She's probably between fifteen to eighteen years of age.
The boy, a blonde, blue-eyed elf, was bussy bothering his parents in what seemed to be a fiery conversation of some sort.
He then proceeded to observe the girl. She stood not far away, leaning on her parents' car.

~This is the part where most of you will throw up.~

As much as Linus tries to live his life without being superficial, he couldn't disregard how beautiful she is.
She looked nothing like her brother.
She was thin, a bit shorter than average, but didn't look petite, or like a fragile sickly person. Her stance was confident, though not condescending. She gazed with a misty look, daydreaming unto the horizon.
Her dark-brown hair, almost black, was gathered in a high, 'rolled in' ponytail, revealing her perfectly shaped neck.
She was wearing a loose dark-blue t-shirt, exposing some of her left shoulder, but covering the right one entirely.
The outfit was completed with a pair of light blue skinny jeans and white sneakers.
He couldn't tell the exact color of her eyes from his point of view, but it seems they were either black or dark brown.
He couldn't find one detail of her that didn't look perfect to him.

Linus didn't spend much time observing the new family, and after a five minutes walk, he was there.

The research facility was a small building, with a relatively large backyard where some Pokemon were playing.
On the entrance door there was a sign - "Closed due to field research."
He was just standing there, staring blankly, letting out a dissapointed sigh as dozes off into thoughts. For a moment, he thought he could hear the sound of footsteps approaching, and then-
"Closed, are you kidding me?!"
Linus turned his head quickly in surprise to find another right besides him.
The loud rant made Linus lose balance and clumsily fall backwards to the ground.
"Ow..." He was rubbing his head, one eye closed, the other one staring at the girl pouting back at him. It was the girl who just moved in, the one he saw earlier.

"Oh s**t, are you ok?" She covered her mouth with one hand, apparently just as surprised of his reaction as he was of her presence. The girl offered Linus her hand, and helped him up on his feet.
"Yeah, ugh," He cleaned off the dirt from his jeans with his palms, eyes looking down as he did so. "I was just daydreaming."
A few seconds of silence passed before the girl replied.
"So, uh... i'm Trinity, what's your name?"
"It-... It's Li-... Linus." He raised his head and stuttered as their eyes met. 'They ARE brown.' He thought.
"I just saw a bunch of people in nerdy white suits heading this way," She pointed towards the path that leads out of Little Town, and into a small cave. Linus never left Little Town. "Do they happen to be the people who work here?"
"Yeah, I think so." He answered.
"Well, i'm bored, and I bet you don't have anything better to do either, right?"
Linus didn't answer and just stared at her and blinked.
"Good, then you're coming with me to bring these jerks back." Trinity declared No way i'm going to be stuck in this place, especially without a Pokemon. Hell, freaking, no!" She then turned around and started walking towards her mission. At that moment, standing there, Linus could not have admired her more.
"Are you coming, or do you prefer to let a girl go alone into a cave?"
And so they walked together, Trinity on the lead, Linus following.

-

"I think those are the claw marks of a Paras, are those the claw marks of a Paras? I think they are." A tall, black man in a white lab coat was crouching down over a rock, examining it closely with rubber gloves as if it was a crime scene. He then turned his eyes to his assistants and smiled, his eyes gleaming with excitement. They smiled back, with a bit less confidence.
"They rarely do that, especially in such small enviroments. You wouldn't think they'd feel the need to mark their territory inside such a tiny cave." One of the assistants added.
"Well then, I believe we have new residents in the building." Chief researcher Wyatt stood up and took off the rubber gloves.
"This is a great find gentlemen, what we're seeing here might be a migration process."
The two assistants noded in agreement and shook hands happily. It's not everyday that Small Town's Pokemon research facility's crew find something worthwhile.
"So, Wyatt, do you think we might get a better fundin-Woah!" The assistant researcher's sentence was interrupted, as he fell face-first to the ground. On his back stood a large, angry Linoone, growling at the two other researchers.
"Quick, Gabriel, send out your-" Wyatt was not able to finish his sentence either, as two Zigzagoon tackled him to the ground from from behind, scattering his belongings to the ground.
"Gabe!" Wyatt yelled helplessly as he saw his 'loyal' assistant sprinting away, out of the cave.

-

"Hey, what the hell, you jerk?!" Trinity shouted at the man who ran past her when he shouldered her out of his way.
"Isn't he one of the researcher guys?" She asked Linus. "His outfit was freaking dirty."
"Something doesn't seem right, Trinity." Linus said, worried.
She sweeped the dirt off her shoulder and noded. They started running.
As they approached the cave's entrance, they could hear muffled echoes of screaming and struggling. In an andrenaline rush, they fastened their pace.
Trinity suddenly stopped in place and signed to Linus to stop too. "Crap, Linus, get down!" She said quietly, and they both kneeled behind a large boulder, peaking through the side.
They saw two men struggling with a what seemed to be a pack of wild Zigzagoon and Linoone.
A Linoone was standing on the top of one of the men's back, gnawing angrily at the back of his neck and his lab coat.
The other men seemed to be fighting off a big bunch of Zigzagoons. He managed to handle them one at a time, kicking and throwing, but they eventually managed to use their numbers to tackle and hold him down, as the rest of the pack was stealing the two men's belongings, that were scattered all over the floor.
Unknowingly to him, Linus' head was tilting away from the safety of the boulder, as he was both frightened and excited at the same time. The man who was fighting the Zigzagoon saw Linus.
"Hey, you there, kid, help!" Wyatt screamed, his voice sttutered from having to battle his words through the nonestop Zigzagoon attacks.
"Linus, what the hell are you doing?!" Trinity screeched-whispered to him and grabbed his shirt, trying to pull him off into hideout.
Linus was switching his look back and forth between the man and Trinity. He felt totally helpless.
"Listen... Ugh. In-... In.-The Bag!" The man pointed to a brown, small bag, just a few meters from where Linus and Trinity were hiding.
"Hell no, Linus, don't even think abou-.., Linus!" Before Trinity could finish her sentence, Linus was already halfway to the bag, sprinting.
"Damn it!" She let out a loud rant and started sprinting after Linus and towards the bag.
When Linus opened the bag, he was astonished to see a large amount of Pokeballs. He looked at Trinity, that just managed to get to him. She looked at the bag, and pouted at Linus for a few seconds. Suddenly, a devious smile was forming on her face. "I'm taking on the Linoone." She quickly grabbed a Pokeball and ran across the cave structure, screaming to get the Linoone's attention. Unfortunately, she also turned the other pack members' attention to her.
"Oh, crap." Linus pulled a Pokeball from the bag, and then started sprinting across the cave, in the opposite direction to that in which Trinity was running. He Screamed, waved and cussed at the rodent Pokemon, eventually managing to pull some of them towards him. At the same time, the man in the lab coat managed to fight the remaining pack members. There were three raging Pokemon chasing him, and Linus didn't even know what Pokemon is inside the Pokeball. Trinity was already out of sight, but he could hear the crys of the Linoone. He prayed in his heart that she's alright.
"Oh, to hell with it." He stopped, turned around, and threw the portable Pokemon storing device into the air.
A shiny red light lit the cave, as the figure of a large, intimidating female Ariados formed infront of him.
The Zigzagoon stopped at their feet. They growled and cried at the evolved bug Pokemon. One of the three, the biggest Zigzagoon, stepped foreward and cried even louder, it's voice more hoarse than those of the others'.
Ariados screeched back at him, and got into a battle stance. The Zigzagoon was now charging at her.
Linus had no idea of what to do. He never had a Pokemon battle, neither did he know what moves Ariados can use.
"Oh, s**t, dodge!" Linus yelled at Ariados, as the charging Zigzagoon was already dangerously close to her.
It only took a moment for Ariados to figure what to do. Caves were an easy battleground for her, and she could easily take advantage of that fact.
Calmly, efortlessly, she climbed on a nearby cave wall, as the Zigzagoon continued to charge foreward.
Having missed its original target, the Zigzagoon was even more furious, and was now targeting Linus.
Linus fell backwards, frightened, and covered his face with his hands.
He was waiting to feel the incoming hit, but the pain didn't come. Instead, he heard the surprised screech of the Zigzagoon.
Linus uncovered his face, only to get a glimpse of the Zigzagoon, as it was flying in the air, and bashed unto the cave's walls. It was held by what seemed to be long vines. It was Ariados, she acted on her own and attacked the Zigzagoon with her Constrict attack.
After whats seemed to be forever, the Zigzagoon surrendered, and the three of them fled out of sight, calling the others to follow them.
The man who was until now fighting a bunch of wild Zigzagoon, laid back with his arms serving as a back rest.
Linus called Ariados back into her Pokeball, while in the background he could hear a loud turmult. The town's people came rushing into the cave, some of them accompanied by their Pokemon.
Amongst the crowd, Linus could spot the person that ran across him and Trinity when they were about to enter the cave. It appeared that the man on the ground saw him too, and in a few moments, three people had to restrain him, as he was waving his fist, cussing at the other man that he appeared to know. It was all so confusing for Linus.
"Gabriel, you useless worm, you're fired!"
Gabriel lowered his head in shame, his eyes hidden behind the reflection of his glasses, and hands stuck deep in his lab coat's pockets.
"I... I just tried to get help, Wyatt..." He whimpered.
"We could die, you ignorant scum!" Wyatt pointed at the third man, the one who was knocked out by the Linoone, and was now carried by two people, blood running from the back of his neck.
Gabriel turned around and left the scene, as Wyatt kept yelling at him.
"Hey, who's there?" One of the town's people asked loudly, as he suddenly spotted another figure in the cave.
"Oh, man. Uh, hi?" Trinity's voice echoed, as shw was standing there, her dark-brown hair now unbound, slid onto her right shoulder, and reaching her chest.
With a Pokeball in her hand, she wasn't showing a single sign of acknowledgment of what just occurred.
"Trinity, oh Trinity, we were so worried!" Trinity's mother ran towards her, screaming and weeping, her husband following her with quick steps. She hugged her daughter tight.
"Ugh... Seriously, mom, stop." As Trinity managed to lightly shake her mother off, her father was standing infront of her.
It was after a few moments of silence that he slapped her, his face showing only a vague expression of anger, which to Linus, didn't seem of the parental type. At this time the crowd of Small Town's people was almost gone.
Trinity's mother released a loud whimper and cover her mouth with her hands. Her eyes filled with tears.
The slap continued to echo for a few seconds, every second felt like a year.
Then, Trinity looked straight into her father's eyes. Her lips moved, but Linus couldn't hear what she was saying. Shortly after, she spit in her father's face and ran away.

'It was supposed to be a good day.'

The boring in-game summ-up:
Spoiler:
Got first pokemon, beat the first battle.

Team:
Spoiler:

lvl 5
Name: Nadja
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Swarm

Old December 4th, 2012 (04:54 AM).
'errything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Username: TurkishDelight
Game: Blaze Black 2

- -

Old December 4th, 2012 (02:17 PM). Edited December 4th, 2012 by ____^____.

____^____
Pokemon Leaf Green

My Rules: You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.
After the first wild Pokémon was caught, you must release your starter.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centres,healing items, and moves such as Softboiled.
You may only have 7 Pokémon Centre visit per town.
You may not use held items.
You may only buy 2 PokéBalls per PokéMart.
You may only use PokéBalls.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
You must complete the game in 100 game time hours or less.
Make comics of your challenge and have fun!

Brock: mankey aka. CEASAR lvl10 swept the gym
Old December 6th, 2012 (01:39 AM).
Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!

God freaking damn it. Nadja didn't survive very long. Ariados is so so useless as a starter(I won't say it is in general because I never tried using it).
I don't know how my main character in the story is going to handle the loss of his first Pokemon, and I don't know how i'm going to handle the writing process of the whole situation(which I have yet to conceive).
Rough times ahead boys, rough times ahead...

I'mma make a new game and randomize the whole thing all over again.

Second chapter and update coming soon hopefully, when I'll figure out how to continue this thing.
Old December 6th, 2012 (03:36 PM).
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Gonna try this challenge. Hope I can beat it this time.

Username: Mick Fizz

Game: Emerald
Old December 7th, 2012 (10:12 PM). Edited December 8th, 2012 by thegameman12.

Nature: Lax
Name: thegameman12 (in game Red)
Game: Platinum.

UPDATE:
-Obtained Chimchar(Chimp) male
-Rival lost 1st rival battle
-Got Bidoof(Plump) on route 201 Female
-Killed Bidoof on route 202
-Put Plump in Box 1 & name Box 2, Death 1
-Trained Chimp up to lv. 9
-Got Budew(Dew) on route 204 Female
-Defeated rival Chimp took out Starly and Dew took out Piplup
-Got Shinks(Spark) on route 203 male
-Got Machop (Punch) on route 207
-Killed Geodude in Oreburgh Mines
-Swept Roark With Dew

TEAM
Budew(Dew) Lv 14
Machop(Punch) Lv 7
Shinks (Spark) Lv 4
Chimchar(Chimp) Lv 11

DEAD
BOXED
Bidoof(Plump)
Old December 16th, 2012 (03:46 PM).
Houndoom Fan

Nature: Bold
I'm changing my game from Crystal to Platinum, but the same rules
Spoiler:

-Started with Chimchar nicknamed Gohan
-Route 201 pokemon is a female Starly nicknamed Rosa
-Route 202 Female Starly nicknamed Mimi
-Got the Poketch
-Route 204 get a 3rd female Starly nicknamed Ammy
-Route 203 is a 4th Starly that I let go.
-Oreburgh Gate (Which is count as a different place from the city itself) Catch a male Zubat nicknamed Alucard
-Oreburgh Mine (Which I count as part of the city) found another male Zubat that I decided not to catch.
-Route 207 failed to catch a Kricktot but decide to level grind a bit for Roark.
-Gohan evolves into a Monferno
-Defeated Roark with Gohan
-Rosa evolves into Staravia
-Valley Windworks catch a male Pachirisu nicknamed Rai-Oh
-Defeated Mars
-Route 205 catch a male Shellos nicknamed Kai.
-Miss catching Munchlax at Floraroma's honey place.
-Travel with Cheryl through the Enerna Forest and catch a male Budew nickname Drew
-Defeat Gardinia with Alucard, Rosa, and Gohan.
-Kai dies to a crit due to a female Galactic Grunt's Stunky

Current team
Drew (Budew) Level 15
Rai-Oh (Pachirisu) Level 16
Alucard (Zubat) Level 16
Rosa (Staravia) Level 19
Gohan (Monferno) Level 21

In Box

Mimi (Starly) Level 4
Ammy (Starly) Level 4

Rest in Peace

Kai (Shellos) Level 10-15

Completed Challenges
Fire Monotype: Fire Red
Poison Monotype: Fire Red
Feraligatr Solo: Crystal
Houndoom Solo: Fire Red
Old December 16th, 2012 (03:54 PM).
What you lookin' at?
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Errrm I will do a pokemon black nuzlocke Seems like something fun to do!
Old December 16th, 2012 (04:19 PM).
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
I'm sorry but my computer broke down so I am forced to withdraw. Luck does not seem to be on my side.
Old December 16th, 2012 (04:31 PM).
What you lookin' at?
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Mick Fizz:
I'm sorry but my computer broke down so I am forced to withdraw. Luck does not seem to be on my side.
Such a bummer, I had a virus not too long back and I had to system restore my computer, I lost all my Roms and save files, made me cry! :D

I am changing my Black Nuzlocke to Emerald Nuzlocke.
Old December 19th, 2012 (04:36 PM).
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
Username: Element0
Game: Firered

I've decided to restart my old challenge and start fresh. I'll be playing the same game, though. Expect updates soon, since I'll have plenty of time to play over Christmas break.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old December 20th, 2012 (01:00 AM).
Master of The Y

Im Going to be doing a Unova Link Challenge Mode run of Pokemon Black 2 Using Action Replay to Unlock the Challenge Mode

The Only Optional rule im using is the Blackout = Gameover one :D
I'll Probably start after christmas
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old December 20th, 2012 (08:02 AM).
What you lookin' at?
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by shubshub:
Im Going to be doing a Unova Link Challenge Mode run of Pokemon Black 2 Using Action Replay to Unlock the Challenge Mode

The Only Optional rule im using is the Blackout = Gameover one :D
I'll Probably start after christmas
This one sounds epicly fun! :D
Old December 21st, 2012 (04:50 PM).

Ooh, the nuzlocke challenge. I beat a nuzlocke on a randomized Emerald ROM a while back, I guess I'll post my results.

Winning Team:
- Cera the Venusaur (Lvl 60)
- Eve the Espeon (Lvl 60)
- Pagos the Blastoise (Lvl 60)
- Blisk the Salamence (Lvl 60)
- Wyverno the Charizard (Lvl 60)
- Terra the Tyranitar (Lvl 60)

The fallen:
- Liber the Breloom (Lvl 22), may he rest in peace.

I was very lucky to only lose a single pokemon, although emerald is the game I basically grew up with.
Old December 22nd, 2012 (05:27 PM). Edited December 22nd, 2012 by Arlo.

Started a Nuzlocke in the Full version of VoltWhite last night. More accurately, I started two Nuzlockes in VoltWhite last night, since the first one ended in what has to be at least tied for the shortest time ever. I wanted to randomize the starter choice, so I flipped three coins and took the odd one out as the starter. It was tails/heads/heads, so the starter was Snivy, who got fainted by Bianca's Oshawott in the very first fight. Total elapsed time - 1 minute.

So - I started another one.

Oh - by the bye - the official bits:

Username: Arlo
Game: VoltWhite Full

I use the basic rules, with a few specifications for my preferences and to accomodate VoltWhite. I don't count duplicates of current party members - if one comes up as the first in an area, it's as if it doesn't even exist. I run from it and go on, and I can still catch the first (non-duplicate) pokemon that comes up. I treat all separate areas - routes, caves, water, etc. - as distinct - rather than dividing it up by route, it's by area, or more accurately, by encounters. Wherever one set of pokemon appears is a distinct area. Every time the set that appears changes (other than simple evolution changes, like the change from Sandiles and Yamasks to Krokoroks and Cohagriguses in Relic Castle in the original games), that's a new area, and a new opportunity to catch something. And I don't have any limitations on potions or items or pokeballs or whatever.

So - the long story:
Spoiler:
I flipped three coins again, and that time they came up tails/heads/tails, so Tepig it was. He opened with a crit on Snivy and took it down in three hits. The full version of VoltWhite changes the base experience for the starters (among many other things that I'll mention when pertinent), so he leveled up to 6 after the fight. Even with that, Cheren's Oshawott was tough - each of his Tackles took 5 points off of Tepig, which is generally the most you'll ever see even when they're both level 5. But Tepig won out (a crit in the third round helped a lot) and off we went to see the professor. Given the chance, I named the Tepig Enzo, inspired by Jean Reno's character in The Big Blue. He's Sassy nature (IIRC - I don't pay much attention to any of that in a Nuzlocke, since there's nothing I can do about it anyway) and his ability is Adaptability (another, and an awesome, change in VoltWhite - each of the starters has a 50/50 chance of a different ability, and instead of Blaze, Tepig can, and Enzo did, get Adaptability).

We went out onto Route 1, watched the cutscenes, then went into the grass and encountered and caught a Pidgey, which I named Clarisse. I put her in the lead so she could maybe pick up some experience, and in her first fight, with a Sentret, she took a crit in the second round and fainted, and it was back to just Enzo and I, just like that. So we went on to Accumula Town, and did all the stuff there, including the first meeting, and battle, with N. That was a bit scary, since it was only Enzo and I and in VoltWhite, N has three pokemon in that battle, and I didn't know what to expect. It turned out that in addition to his Purrloin, he had a Nincada and a Mankey. He opened with Nincada, and Enzo took it out with a single Incinerate. Mankey came next and while that one took a while, Enzo was never in any real danger. Purrloin was last, and Enzo took it down easily. Then we went on to Route 2, and in the grass there, we encountered and caught a Weedle, which I named Sid.

Between random encounters, trainers and running back to the Pokemon Center after either, it took a while to make it through Route 2. Along the way though, Sid evolved to Kakuna, then to Beedrill. As Beedrill, he picked up a bunch of moves (another of the changes in VoltWhite) including Cross Poison. Beedrill also has better stats in VoltWhite. He immediately became quite powerful, and for a while was much more so than Enzo.

And we finally made it through Route 2 and into Striaton City. Healed, talked to people, then fought Cheren in the school. In VoltWhite, in addition to his starter (Oshawott, in my case) he has a Starly, and that Starly just damned near fainted Enzo in a single shot, with a crit on a Wing Attack. That really caught me off guard. Enzo, meanwhile, had hit with an Incinerate that did about 30% damage to the Starly. I used my one and only Super Potion to patch him back up and just hoped. The next hit was normal damage, but still took Enzo down to about 60%. I gave him a Potion and hung on. On that turn, Starly switched to a Quick Attack, which didn't do anywhere near as much damage, so on the next, Enzo got a chance to hit back - another Incinerate and Starly was in the yellow. Next round was the same - Quick Attack and Incinerate - and Enzo was at just over half while the Starly was in the red. I was wary of another Wing Attack, but all I could do was hope that if one came, it wouldn't be a crit. One did come, and it wasn't a crit, so it left Enzo with about 25%, and his Incinerate fainted Starly. Then Cheren brought in Oshawott and I switched in Sid and Sid demolished him with a couple of Cross Poisons.

Then it was off to the Dreamyard. Fought the trainers there, then I had to stop for a bit and decide if my personal Nuzlocke sensibilities allowed me to take the Pansage, and I decided they did. I named him Virgil. Then I had to decide who to teach Cut to. In VoltWhite, Cut is a Grass move (I haven't figured out yet what I think about that). Since Virgil already had Vine Whip, I decided to put it on Sid. That's worked out pretty well. But for the moment - we went into the inner part of the Dreamyard and met Bianca and fought it out with the grunts and so on. Nothing really notable there - the fights were tougher than they are in the original game, but the team handled them fine. Went around and picked up the items, which are different, and improved (and necessary) in VoltWhite - three TMs - Struggle Bug, Smack Down and Pluck. Then I went into the grass and met - a Drowzee. And I thought about it a bit and decided that I just really didn't want a Drowzee at all, so I ran from it. But that was my one chance, so that was that. I spent some time in the Dreamyard and ended up encountering Natus and Spindas and Jigglypuffs and Clefairies and, most frustratingly, Raltses, but that's just one of those Nuzlocke things. Fainted 'em all, gained experience, ran back to heal as necessary, then it was on to the first gym.

In VoltWhite, the Striaton Gym leaders warn you to be sure to have at least three pokemon when you come for the challenge. I had exactly three - Enzo, Sid and Virgil. I wasn't sure what to expect - it turned out to be a Rotation Battle. The leader you end up fighting has all five of the starters for his type (in this case, water) from all five generations, plus the elemental monkey of his type. So it was Enzo, Sid and Virgil against Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott and Panpour. Enzo just sat it out and Virgil and Sid pretty much tore them apart, which was fine, since Enzo was about level 15 at the time, while Virgil and Sid were both 13, so they could use the extra Exp. The new Grass-type Cut on Sid came in really handy. Got the Work Up TM as a reward, and it was on to Route 3.

Fought the battles in the schoolyard, then chased down the grunts to get the Munna back and fought with them, then spent some time in Wellspring Cave. Scared up a Whismur with Virgil in the lead. He hit it with a Scratch and took a bit more than a third of its HP, then hit it with another Scratch, which came up a crit and fainted the Whismur. So no Whismur on the team. I fought a few more mon just for the experience, then went back to Route 3 to go through the grass. Encountered and caught a Taillow and named him Tom. Put Tom in the lead to gain some experience and spent some time leveling him up until he caught up to everyone else, now at 16. Fought a trainer battle - no problems - nothing that stands out in my memory. Just fought and gained experience. Enzo evolved into Pignite along the way, and picked up his second typing, which in VoltWhite is Ground instead of Fighting. He also got Magnitude. Got the Fishing Rod from a girl on the bridge (all 649 Pokemon in this game - you need to get an early start if you're going to catch 'em all) and immediately equipped it and dropped a line in the water. Caught, fought and captured a Poliwag and named him Blaine. Went further along Route 3 and stepped off into the grass to retrieve an item in a pokeball, and on the way back, on the last square of grass, disaster struck. I flushed out a Phanpy with Tom in the lead, and didn't think much of it. Tom wasn't best suited to fight a Phanpy, but I didn't think it could really hurt him too bad, and then it opened up with a crit Rollout for a one-shot faint.

Went back to the PC in Striaton and set Tom free, and that's where I am at the moment. I want to level them up a bit more - about 20 or so - then go on to Nacrene City, another battle with N and Lenora's gym.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Enzo the Pignite ♂ lvl 20
Ability: Adaptability
-Magnitude
-Flame Charge
-Arm Thrust
-Defense Curl

Sid the Beedrill
♂ lvl 18
Ability: Poison Touch
-Bug Bite
-Cross Poison
-Cut
-Rage

Virgil the Pansage
lvl 19
Ability: Gluttony
-Magical Leaf
-Acrobatics
-Thief
-Scratch

Blaine the Poliwag
♂ lvl 16
Ability: Water Absorb
-Water Gun
-Mud Shot
-Double Slap
-Hypnosis

R.I.P.
Spoiler:
Clarisse the Pidgey ♀ to a Sentret on Route 1
Tom the Taillow to a Phanpy on Route 3
Old December 22nd, 2012 (07:43 PM). Edited December 22nd, 2012 by Arcturus..
Chews nails and spits napalm

Update 1
  • Started a new game on Firered
  • Named my character Renard (Yes, after the guy in my sig)
  • Named my rival Blue
  • Chose Bulbasaur as my starter, named him Vine (I'm so original)
  • Battled my rival and almost lost with only 3HP left
  • Went to Viridian City, as I was traveling I was locked out of Route 1 with no catches
  • Caught a Rattata on Route 22, named her Mouse (There's my originality again)
  • Tried to catch a Pidgey on Route 2 and Vine got a critical hit on it. Fffffffuuuuuuu-
  • Encountered a Kakuna in Viridian Forest. Decided not to catch it because I didn't want the heartache of training it
  • Arrived in Pewter City and immediately challenged Brock. Won easily with Vine
  • Vine evolved after the first Trainer battle on Route 3
  • Caught a Nidoran(m) on Route 3
  • Rattata died on Route 3 after switching in to take a hit for Vine
  • Caught a Geodude in Mt. Moon
  • Recieved the Dome Fossil (Useless to me, as I already caught Geodude)
  • Got through Mt. Moon
  • Encoutered a Rattata on Route 4, chose not to catch it
  • Arrived in Cerulean City
Current Team

Vine the Ivysaur

Level-19
Gender-M

Nature-Rash
Ability-Overgrow
Item-Oran Berry

Nidoran

Level-15

Gender-M
Nature-Rash
Ability-Poison Point

Item-None

Geodude

Level-16
Gender-M

Nature-Naughty
Ability-Sturdy
Item-None

Boxed

None

Deceased

Mouse the Rattata

Locked Out Areas

Route 1
Route 2

Route 3
Route 4

Route 22
Viridian Forest
Mt. Moon

Edit
These spoiler tags are starting to annoy me.

Edit 2
My post doesn't want to cooperate at all.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old December 24th, 2012 (09:11 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by mystletainn.

Update...

Spoiler:
I got everyone up to level 20 and decided it was time to go face N at the Museum. I was wary of that battle because I've been recently playing Black as well, and that one caught me off guard in it and was tougher than I expected. Everything's tougher in VoltWhite, so I figured since it already seemed tough in Black it was going to be really tough in VoltWhite, and it's a good thing, because it was. It was a double battle and N used a Drilbur, a Bronzor, a Tympole, a Vulpix and a Zorua, all at level 19. The team pulled through fine, though it was a bit touch and go, particularly with his Drought Vulpix. Luckily, Blaine the Poliwag could withstand its Embers and had Mud Shot to hit it back with. And it was sort of amusing when the Bronzor came out, since I had Enzo the Pignite out and there was a moment when I wondered if the Bronzor had Levitate or Flameproof, but then realized that since Pignite is Fire/Ground in VoltWhite, it didn't matter all that much - I had to take a guess which it was, but it was going to be Enzo taking it down either way. I gambled successfully on Levitate and hit it with a Flame Charge for a OHKO.

Then it was off to Pinwheel Forest. On the outskirts of the forest, we flushed out and caught a Makuhita, and I named him Thor (kudos to anyone who gets the reference). But then while exploring further, I lost Virgil the Pansage in a double battle with a Throh and a Doduo. It was him and Enzo facing the two. I knew it was a gamble leaving him in against a Doduo, but my other options were to trade in Sid the Beedrill, who would've been just as weak to a Flying attack, or the newly captured Thor the Makuhita, who also would've been just as weak to a Flying attack, or Blaine the Poliwag, who wouldn't be quite so weak to a Flying attack, but couldn't do much of anything in return. And Virgil had Acrobatics, which would at least put a sizeable dent in the Throh, so... I set him to hit the Throh with an Acrobatics and Enzo to hit the Doduo with a Flame Charge, then just hoped. Enzo went first and took the Doduo down into the red, but didn't faint it. Then the Doduo went next and did hit Virgil. I was momentarily relieved though, since it used Fury Attack instead of Peck. But it ended up hitting him with a full set of five, including one crit, and Virgil was low in the yellow. He then hit the Throh with an Acrobatics that took about a third of its points and there was a moment when I thought we were in the clear, and then the Throh hit Virgil with a Vital Throw, and that was that. I gambled on Enzo's speed and switched in Sid. Enzo took out the Doduo before it had a chance to possibly hit Sid, then Enzo and Sid mopped up the Throh, then I went back and released Virgil.

Went off and trained Thor up a bit and evolved him to Hariyama at lvl 24, then caught everyone else up to about the same level, then we went into Lenora's gym. The first few fights were pretty easy - tougher than in the original games, but not a real problem. Lenora though - she's tough in the original games, and just that much tougher in VoltWhite - it's a double battle, and she has a Herdier, a Stantler (with Extrasensory, I discovered), a Bouffalant, a Bibarel, a Furret and that freaking Watchog. It was a long, close battle - longer than I want to write out, and undoubtedly longer than anyone else wants to read. When the dust settled though, I had used up pretty much every potion I owned (I went in with 12 regular Potions and 7 Supers) but we had won. But Sid the Beedrill had fainted.

Watched the museum cutscene, then released Sid, then it was off to Pinwheel Forest in search of the stolen skull. Caught a Cottonee right off the bat in the forest and named her Helen. Fought the first few trainers and gathered the first few items (and Blaine evolved to Poliwhirl), then saved before going deeper into the forest, and that's where we are right now.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Enzo the Pignite lvl 26
Ability: Adaptability
-Flame Charge
-Magnitude
-Arm Thrust
-Rollout

Blaine the Poliwhirl lvl 25
Ability: Water Absorb
-Bubblebeam
-Mud Shot
-Body Slam
-Thief

Thor the Hariyama lvl 26
Ability: Thick Fat
-Fake Out
-Arm Thrust
-Smack Down
-Vital Throw

Helen the Cottonee ♀ lvl 23
Ability: Infiltrator
-Stun Spore
-Cotton Spore
-Mega Drain
-Razor Leaf

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Virgil the Pansage ♂ to a Duduo and a Throh outside Pinwheel Forest
Sid the Beedrill
♂ to Lenora's Watchog

Spoiler:
And just that quick - it's over. The entire team went down to Burgh's bugs.

If nothing else, I learned that VoltWhite is not the game for a Nuzlocke. It's a shame - I thought it'd be a good one, since all the pokemon are available, so it seems perfect for a game in which to just wander into the grass and see what I find. But the battles - and particularly the gym leaders - are enough tougher that it's not a game for a team that's just a random assortment of stuff. It's a game for teams of carefully chosen and carefully trained specialists. (I'm not sure if I'll ever do that in it though either, because frankly, the only thing I hate worse than double battles is triple battles, and it seems that most of the trainer battles in the game are one or the other. But that's fodder for a different post.)

I was wary of this gym anyway, just because I knew my team was ill-suited to a gym full of bugs. I had Enzo the Pignite - Fire/Ground, so okay but not great, Blaine the recently evolved Poliwrath - Water/Fighting, so iffy at best, Thor the Hariyama - Fighting, so not in any real danger, but he couldn't do much to them, and Helen the recently evolved Whimsicott - Grass, so pretty much useless. I over-leveled the team - the underlings in the honey maze all had stuff at about level 26-28, so I got everyone up to at least 32, then went back in and challenged Burgh. He sent out a Vespiquen and a Masquerain, each level 28. I had Blaine and Enzo out, thinking that Thor was most likely to be able to switch in well, and that Helen was going to be nothing but Bug fodder anyway. Set Enzo for a Flame Charge and Blaine for a Body Slam, both on the Masquerain. The Masquerain opened with a Scald on Enzo for a OHKO. Blaine got off his Body Slam for about 30%, then the Vespiquen hit him with a crit Air Slash for a OHKO. Both gone in the first round.

So I switched in Thor and Helen, set Thor to a Smack Down on the Vespiquen and Helen to a Stun Spore on the Vespiquen. Helen's Stun Spore hit, then the Masquerain hit the field with a Silver Wind AND got the stat up from it. Helen to about 25% and Thor lost a little. Thor's Smack Down hit, taking the Vespiquen to a bit over 1/2. Then the Vespiquen hit Helen with a U-Turn, fainted her, and switched out for a Yanmega. One Yanmega Air Slash followed up by a Masquerain Scald and it was all over.

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Virgil the Pansage ♂ to a Duduo and a Throh outside Pinwheel Forest
Sid the Beedrill
♂ to Lenora's Watchog
Enzo the Pignite
♂ to Burgh's Masquerain
Blaine the Poliwrath
♂ to Burgh's Vespiquen
Helen the Whimsicott
to Burgh's Vespiquen
Thor the Hariyama
♂ to Burgh's Yanmega
Old December 24th, 2012 (11:42 PM). Edited December 25th, 2012 by diamondmutt1111.
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
First off,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Second, I have previously started an Ultimate Nuzlocke on Red, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, and White. I had posted in the last thread, which I had started Red and beat the first 2 gyms. Just updating to say 2 things:

1. I have decided to take my gaming channel in a different direction, meaning no more video updates.

2. I beat Lt. Surge, YAY!!! :D

Carlos the Nidoking, L23
-Seismic Toss
-Thrash
-Horn Attack
-Poison Sting
Stats: 51/50/47/46

Ratman the Raticate, L23
-Body Slam
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang
Stats: 48/39/57/34

Ulysses the Pidgeotto, L22
-Gust
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind
Stats: 39/35/44/32

Cowfood the Gloom, L23
-Absorb
-PoisonPowder
-Cut
-Sleep Powder
Stats: 39/44/29/48

Dougie the Diglett, L23
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-
Stats: 37/22/53/32

Leonardo the Wartortle, L23
-Bubblebeam
-Tail Whip
-Bubble
-Water Gun
Stats: 38/46/34/41

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Solid the Ekans
Vuzz the Weedle
Falcon the Mankey
Fluffy the Jigglypuff

Deceased:
Spoiler:

York the Pidgey
Batman the Zubat
Buzz the Beedrill

(Stats: Attack/Defense/Speed/Special)

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old December 26th, 2012 (08:40 AM). Edited December 27th, 2012 by DelightedTurk.
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
Username: DelightedTurk
Game: Ruby
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
Legendary Pokémon may not be caught.

EDIT: Got enough done for an update!

Update #1
-Did all starting stuff.
-Saved Professor Birch from a wild Poochyena using Ace the Mudkip.
-Caught wild Zigzagoon on Route 101, named Leah.
-Caught a Poochyena on Route 102, named Erin.
-Leah was killed from a crit by another Zigzagoon while grinding on Route 101.
-Caught another Zigzagoon on Route 103, named Leah II.
-Caught ANOTHER Zigzagoon on Route 104, named Leah III.
-Caught Silcoon in Petalburg Woods, named Lilly.
-Lilly evolved into a Beautifly.
-Battled Roxanne, Lilly died against her Geodude, I forgot all about the cursed Rock Tomb [No Screenie].
-Didn't catch the Zigzagoon on Route 116.
-Didn't catch Zubat in Rusturf Tunnel.
-Caught Makuhita in Dewford cave.
-Beat Brawly much easier than expected. 002.PNG
-Delivered Letter to Steven.
-Delivered Devon Goods to Captain Stern and fought off Team Magma.
-Went back to Devon Co. and got the Exp. Share.
-Caught Lisa the male Plusle (face palm) on Route 110.
-Beat May on Route 110.
-Erin evolved into a Mightyena.
-Beat Wally in Mauville city.
-Caught Marill named Tasha on Route 117.
-Beat Watson easily. 003.PNG
-Tasha evolved into Azumarill.
-Went to Meteor Falls and confronted Team Magma.
-Defeated Maxie.
-Defeared Flannery. 004.PNG
-Went back to Petalburg and battled Norman.
-Defeated Norman, Erin and Leah III died. Erin was switched in as Slaking used Focus Punch. [No Screenie].
-Too lazy to list everyone else's locations so caught two Machop named Connor and Liam, a Spinda named Gina, a Swablu named Freddy and a Zubat named Yvonne. All boxed apart from Freddy.

Heaven
Heaven.PNG

NOTE: Picture quality will improve once I've reached 15 posts on the site, team list to come in next update.

EDIT 2: I got enough done for another update, hehe.

Update #2
- Caught a Magnemite in New Mauville and named it Sola.
- Caught a Wingull on Route 118 and named him Rick.
- Caught a Linoone on Route 119 and named her Fancine.
- Caught an Absol on Route 120 and named her Ellen.
- Easily took down Winona with Lisa.

- Lisa died against a wild Keckleon...
- Did not catch a wild Linoone on Route 121.
- Caught a Meditie in Mt Pyre and named her Gabrielle.
- Did not catch a Tentacool on Route 124.
- Sola died while grinding on Route 124.
- Ace evolved into Swampert while grinding on Route 117.
- Grinded, a LOT.
- Defeated Tate and Liza.

Heaven

The Team;

Ace // Swampert
Level: 38
Take Down
Mud-Slap
Mud Shot
Surf

Ellen // Absol
Level: 40
Bite
Double Team
Slash
Swords Dance

Josh // Hariyama
Fake Out
Bulk Up
Facade
Vital Throw

Tasha // Azumarill
Double-Edge
Dig
Rollout
Bubblebeam

Freddy // Altaria
Level: 37
Fly
Dragonbreath
Safeguard
Aerial Ace

Leah II // Zigzagoon
Level: 20
Cut
Headbutt
Sand Attack
Rock Smash

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm done!

Update #3
- Caught a Wingull on Route 125 and named her Adina.
- Caught a Wingull on Route 127 and named her Petra.
- Caught a Wingull on Route 128 and named her Aisling.
- Caught a Zubat in Seafloor Cavern and named him Lee.
- Beat Maxie, lost Tasha to a crit.

- Lost Leah II to a wild Wailmer.
- Caught a Wailmer in Mosdeep and named her Nikki.
- Nikki died from a crit from a trainer’s Loudred.
- Caught a Relicanth on Route 126 and named him Steve.
- Caught a Mawile in Cave of Origin and named her Kayla.
- Ran from Groudon, didn’t want to risk it.
- Beat Wallace, Freddy died from an Ice Beam.

- Went through Victory Road.
- Beat Sidney [Bad Screenie].

- Challenged Phoebe, Ellen died.

- Challenged Glacia, Josh died.

- Challenged Drake, won.

- Challenged Steven, Kayla and Lee died, Ace survived a Hyper Beam with 4 HP [No Screenie for Lee].

-Became the Champion.

-Game ended.

Heaven

The Team;

Ace // Swampert
Level: 54
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Surf
Waterfall

So, the challenge is completed. I really enjoyed it, but the amount of deaths caused by crits is incredibly frustrating. I'm disappointed that 14 Pokémon died on me over the course of the run, I was reckless at times and each death was a painful experience! I think that I will come again soon for a FR/LG run but I'll need to make sure I include the duplicate clause so I don't end up with like 100 Rattata haha, I'll try another challenge or two in between though, thanks.
Old December 27th, 2012 (03:54 PM). Edited December 27th, 2012 by kingofeds.
The Ed-olution is here!

Username: kingofeds
Game: Pokemon Emerald (Pokemon Randomizer Active)

So my goal with this game was to randomize the Pokemon I get in Emerald and complete a Nuzlocke challenge on this with a few additional rules, so here's the rules I set for myself.

1. I can only catch the first Pokemon on each route after I have received Pokeballs (so any Pokemon I run into on the way to fight May I will just run away from)
2. Each Pokemon I catch must be nicknamed
3. I must use my Pokemon that I catch in order (ex. The first 6 Pokemon I catch will be on my team until someone dies and then I must use the next Pokemon that I caught)
4. If a Pokemon faints, it will just end up in my PC in a box called DEAD.
5. If I black out, the challenge will end with a status of FAILED.
6. I may catch a 2nd pokemon in an area if it is Shiny, but I will put it in a box in my PC called SHINY and can't be used.

So here's my first update:

So I started off on my quest into a very strange world by selecting a Weezing as my first Pokemon. I made my way up the paths to Route 103 where I beat May without any problem. After Birch gave me some Pokeballs and a Pokedex, I set out on my adventure and the first Pokemon I ran into on Route 101 was a Camerupt and I caught it to add to my collection. After a quick stop in Oldale Town, I went back to Route 103 to catch myself a Scyther. I then headed out to Route 102 where I caught a glimpse of a Breloom before running out of Pokeballs and watching it burn. I then stopped by the Petalburg Gym to say hi to my dad and watch him help some little runt named Wally catch a Pokemon. On my way out, some creepy, stalker-like dude walked up to me and just randomly talked to me. I was stumped, but I headed out to Route 104 where what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a Salamence of my own and I had to cheer. I continued on, wreaking havoc all about until I reached the forest, it was the end of the route. I went into the Woods and found myself a Linoone which made a nice addition to my team. I then proceeded on and went to Route 116 after a quick stop in Rustboro so I could catch myself a Drowzee. I then took down Roxanne with ease and helped out some guys who were in a tight squeeze. I found myself a flounder, actually a Seaking in the cave, but it currently sits in my PC. So now we're in Dewford, all items in hand. It's time to find Steven in that mountain of sand.

EDIT - SECOND UPDATE:

So I managed to snatch up an Onix in the Granite Cave on my hunt for Steven and after delivering my letter and beating Brawly, I shipped off for Slateport. I managed to beat up some Team Aqua goons who were trying to get to Capt. Stern, then proceeded to Route 110 where I caught myself a Hitmontop and bashed May's face in once again. I made it to Mauville and showed Wally what it means to be a trainer and then shipped myself into the gym so I could just wreck Wattson with Carl. After snagging that 3rd badge, I explored out to Verdanturf and missed adding a Tauros to my collection. I then explored the little bit of Route 118 that I could and then headed North on Route 111. After beating Gabby and Ty and refusing to accept their interview (Hey, I don't want to give my ego too much food), I shipped up to Route 112 where I caught myself a Blastoise. On my way back to heal, I unfortunately broke open a rock to reveal a Metang that decided that recoiling itself to death was the best option and took a trip. Now I'm waiting near the entrance to the Fiery Path.

Team:
Spoiler:

Wendy the Weezing (F)
Level: 24
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 69/50/68/58/43/37
Attacks: Poison Gas - Tackle - Sludge - Flash

Carl the Camerupt (M)
Level: 25
Nature: Docile
Ability: Magma Armor
Stats: 73/61/48/65/45/33
Attacks: Growl - Tackle - Ember - Magnitude

Scion the Scyther (M)
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Swarm
Stats: 73/61/45/39/49/59
Attacks: Steel Wing - Cut - False Swipe - Pursuit

Smaug the Salamence (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 87/73/48/61/46/56
Attacks: Rock Tomb - Leer - Bite - Headbutt

Leo the Linoone (M)
Ability: Pickup
Stats: 74/46/38/26/37/59
Attacks: Shock Wave - Rock Smash - Strength - Headbutt

Drone the Drowzee (M)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Insomnia
Stats: 67/36/34/32/49/24
Attacks: Pound - Hypnosis - Disable - Confusion

Box:
Spoiler:
- Sally the Seaking (F)
- Orion the Onix (M)
- Handy the Hitmontop (M)
- Bronco the Blastoise (M)

Missed Pokemon:
Spoiler:
Old December 27th, 2012 (04:21 PM). Edited December 28th, 2012 by TrollShammy80.
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Username-TrollShammy80
Game: Yin Black (Random Wild Pokemon Active) more of a challenge

I have some free time haven't played in awhile why not

Optional Rules added:
You may only use PokéBalls.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)

First Update-

Spoiler:

My adventure started-
1-I recieved my first Pokemon, Bastra the Oshawott with high hopes of doing well with him at my side, we defeated our rivals pretty easily, although Cheren's Snivy wasn't very pleasent but we stayed strong and won.

2-Mom talked to me after the battle gave me a fishing rod, I was really exicted to continue but went to get Bianca at her home then went up to Juniper's lab where she gaves us the Pokedex after we ran into mom again and she gave all 3 of us a Town Map

3-Finally Route 1, and being shown how to catch Pokemon seems pretty easy, she gave me some Poke'balls to use and walked to Accumula Town, I took a deep breath and walked into the grass with my randomizer code on, "Be ready for anything Bastra,"

4-My first encounter had come...it was a Pokemon from the Hoenn Reigon a Mightyena, I stood my ground ready to battle it and not fail, it intimidated Bastra but we manged to bring it down enough, Bastra was already tired and low on energy as was the Mightyena I knew it was now or never, I grabed a Poke'ball and tossed it at the Pokemon...1....2....3 Sucess we captured our first Pokemon and I decided to name her Sylvanas

THE TEAM-
Spoiler:

Bastra the Oshawott (m)
Level 6

Sylvanas the Mightyena (f)
Level 6

RIP BOX-
Spoiler:

Empty...for now

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old December 28th, 2012 (09:54 PM). Edited December 29th, 2012 by Fearow_Fan.

Username: Fearow_Fan
Game: Platinum

I'll be going the route of 'no duplicates' so areas aren't so brutal to me if I want to pick up a varied team. The *only* exception to this is shiny variants of stuff I already have that I will not use but, instead, will box to later trade up to one of my other games.

'Optional' Rules:

1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use held items.
4) You may only use PokéBalls.
5) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.**
6) Make comics of your challenge and have fun!

**(I'm altering this so that I will catch them if they just happen to be 'shiny' (hahahahahaha...yeah, I don't think it'll happen, either, but here's hoping!) for the same reason as duplicate Pokemon described above; otherwise, I'm laying the beatdown on them as per normal.)

I got several Pokemon games for Christmas so I would imagine it to be more difficult than it'd normally be since I know virtually nothing for Pokemon specifics compared to the majority of people, having no experience past Gen II (Silver).

I'll be making my comic updates using deviantART muro since I can't seem to make a proper comic template. As such, they'll be rather...umm...awkwardly-styled pages, you could say. (coughcan'tdrawfor@#$%cough)

Also, said comic updates will not be on any kind of schedule. So while I don't have anything besides a very, VERY plain title page on DA at the moment, no worries as they WILL be done.

Progress Update
Spoiler:
Richard, after being thoroughly confused by the circumstances his supposed "friend", Barry, landed him in, he has nevertheless managed to obtain a REAL friend, Boris (Turtwig). After dealing with Dawn explaining blatantly obvious facts, he tries to wait for Barry to get a significant headstart to avoid running into him again. Richard waits until dark to head back home via Route 201, a lucky encounter landing him another companion, Herman (Kricketot).

To relax, Richard walks back to Lake Verity. As he is about to head back, he finds himself about to make yet another addition to the team but Boris tackled the female Bidoof a little too hard and cries from other Pokemon in the area accusing him of rape drove Boris into a panic, mowing them all down in the process. Little did he know they were merely trolls, so their deaths were well-deserved. Unfortunately, due to his naive nature (pun intended), Boris' heart is filled with guilt and doubt as a result of his mass-murdering.

Herman doesn't seem to have concern for Boris as he is too preoccupied with delusions of grandeur after having taken out a single Bidoof, altogether too proud of his "power" (again, pun intended).

The Team
Spoiler:

Lv. 10
Boris the Turtwig
Nature: Naive
Likes to thrash about.

Lv. 3
Herman the Kricketot
Nature: Hardy
Proud of its power.
Old December 29th, 2012 (11:13 AM).
i was a teenage anarchist

Nature: Modest
Name: Technician
Game: Platinum

Rules:
1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.
5) Challenge starts once I receive Pokeballs.

Progress:
Spoiler:
- Started up the game on my brand new Nintendo 3DS! Nothing like a good Nuzlocke challenge to break it in.
- After all the intro stuff, I finally got to pick my starter from Prof Rowan. After a series of coin flips, I ended up with Piplup as my starter.
- My rival (Markus) challenged me to my first battle! And what a ridiculous battle... I Growl'd a ton of times while his Turtwig spammed Withdraw. This was a long fight... I finally came out on top though.
- Mom gave me the Running Shoes, and I set off for Sandgem Town! Or so I thought. Markus dragged me off to Lake Verity. Once there, we found a guy with blue hair talking to himself by the water. He then saw us and left. Weird.
- Markus then realized we didn't have any Pokeballs to catch the legendary Pokemon with, so we actually left for Sandgem Town now.
- Upon arriving in Sandgem Town, I ran into Dawn, Rowan's assistant. We got to the lab but Markus was already there. He eventually left, and Dawn and I entered the lab. At this point, I got the opportunity to nickname my Piplup, so I named it Sticks (my Pokemon are gonna be named after songs I listen to; this song is from Mother Mother). Rowan then gave me a Pokedex and TM27 Return. Nice!
- Dawn then took me on a tour of Sandgem Town, and told me to tell my mom I was going on an adventure.
- After doing that, and a bunch more chatting, I finally headed back to Sandgem Town. Dawn gave me the whole "catching Pokemon" tutorial, and then gave me some Pokeballs. I can finally make additions to my team!
- Since I was already on Route 202, I figured I'd catch a Pokemon in the grass here, and it was a Bidoof. I caught it and named it Chaos (from MuteMath). After that, I went back to Route 201 and found another Bidoof. Hooray. This one was named Bob (from NOFX).
- Made my way to Jubilife City.

Team:
Spoiler:

Sticks the Piplup
Level 8
@No Item
Pound, Growl, Bubble

Bob the Bidoof
Level 4
@No Item
Tackle

Chaos the Bidoof
Level 3
@No Item
Tackle

Deaths:
Spoiler:
None yet!

Current: Emerald (ON HIATUS)

Single Monotype Challenge: Fighting
Yellow
Old December 29th, 2012 (08:19 PM).
The Ed-olution is here!

Third Update:

So I ran through the fire and flames, missing a Walrein along the way. Then I made it to Route 112 part 2, which allowed me to make it to Ash City, aka Route 113. There I picked myself up a heck of a lot of ash on my hat and a Gengar to pitch into my PC. I made it to Fallarbor Town and quickly healed up before hitting Route 114 and picking up a Raichu. I then battled my way toward Meteor Falls where I thwarted some plans by Team Magma with some help from Team Aqua. I then proceeded all the way back to Mt. Chimney and thwarted some more plans by Team Magma. When all was said and done, I bashed my way down the Jagged Pass and picked up a Vulpix along the way. I then ATTEMPTED to train a bit on the Jagged Pass. I unfortunately lost my beloved Drone along the way, so Sally became my new staple team member. I also lost Scion too, as well as his replacement, Orion the Onix. So after I finally got everyone, including newcomer Handy, trained, I decimated Flannery AND Norman in back-to-back gym battles. I then received the Surf HM from Wally's dad, which allowed me to catch a Ledian in Petalburg City. I then went to Route 106, picked up a Dugtrio, then ran to Route 115 and missed yet another Tauros. I then did Wattson a favor and fixed New Mauville, where I added a Taillow to the crew. I then bashed my way through Route 118, crushing Gabby and Ty AGAIN and picking up a Mankey. I then went onto Route 119, where I currently sit after catching a Paras.

Team:
Spoiler:

Wendy the Weezing (F)
Level: 36
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 101/76/101/89/64/55
Attacks: Poison Gas - Tackle - Sludge - Flash

Carl the Camerupt (M)
Level: 35
Ability: Magma Armor