The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
So if any of you have seen the new scans of the map, you'll notice that most of the map is frozen. Though this may be to hide the other towns (like with the clouds hiding stuff before BW came out), this may actually be part of the game. My theory is that Kyurem most likely has something to do with this. Maybe, after we quell (capture) it, Unova would go back to normal. Hopefully one of these is the case as some of us may want to visit Nuvema Town and other cities.

1) What do you think of the new frozen world?

2) Do you think it will be a permanent feature of the game?

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
After you catch Kyurem I'm sure it'll thaw out so you can explore the rest of the region. I'd love to see the old cities and see what's goin on with Striaton after you complete the story line.
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
The ice on the image seems a tad unnatural, more like it's there only to cover up the rest of the world rather than to actually represent frozen land.
I know that it says that Unova is partially frozen, but I think it will be explorable. Perhaps they're just hiding the region so they can show off some of the new Unova later.
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
P0kelegend

Originally Posted by Cello View Post
The ice on the image seems a tad unnatural, more like it's there only to cover up the rest of the world rather than to actually represent frozen land.
I know that it says that Unova is partially frozen, but I think it will be explorable. Perhaps they're just hiding the region so they can show off some of the new Unova later.
Yeah, it actually says the map is frozen, not the region. So Im assuming its just covering the parts of Unova they plan to reveal in the next issue like how they put clouds over Unova for B/W when it was shown.
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
What if the ice isn't actually on the region but over, maybe Kyurem made a barrier of ice (to protect itself from Plasma?), surrouding that area...I mean it is the Boundary Pokemon, barriers create boundaries aka it's marking it's territory.
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:06 PM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Yeah the ice makes Unova look so small,I hope that doesn't mean that we'll have less badges this time around. If that ice is actually there, then I'm thinking that we'll explore that small part first, collect the first four badges and then maybe after we catch Kyurem, he unthaws the ice allowing us to explore the other half and obtain the rest of the badges. Or maybe the ice is frozen over the cities and we to go underneath the ice.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I'm starting to think that the ice is like the clouds/fog that covered Unova before Black and White were released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Yeah the ice makes Unova look so small,I hope that doesn't mean that we'll have less badges this time around. If that ice is actually there, then I'm thinking that we'll explore that small part first, collect the first four badges and then maybe after we catch Kyurem, he unthaws the ice allowing us to explore the other half and obtain the rest of the badges. Or maybe the ice is frozen over the cities and we to go underneath the ice.
I'm not saying your speculation is wrong, but four badges is way too little :O
Also I'm not trying to be a grammar police but unthaw is sort of equal to freeze. Thaw means to melt.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Yeah, it actually says the map is frozen, not the region. So Im assuming its just covering the parts of Unova they plan to reveal in the next issue like how they put clouds over Unova for B/W when it was shown.
Yeah, it's more or less this really. Like how they used clouds to cover up the Battle Frontier and Safari Zone in the HG/SS maps.

Old April 12th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I'm hoping the the "Frozen world" isn't permanent. Sliding everywhere would suck. But capturing a pokemon who causes weather changes is so pokemon so I'd go with that hypothesis as well.
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Seems temporary to me, and is only a key element on the storyline involving kyurem. i am sure that after you capture or defeat kyurem, the world will constantly thaw out.

or maybe they thaw in/out depending on the season.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:20 AM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
I'm starting to think that the ice is like the clouds/fog that covered Unova before Black and White were released.

I'm not saying your speculation is wrong, but four badges is way too little :O
Also I'm not trying to be a grammar police but unthaw is sort of equal to freeze. Thaw means to melt.
Perhaps. But looking at the maps again I notice 6 of the original gym cities aren't covered in ice. With the addition of the two cities and gymleaders it brings the total back to eight. I'm assuming you can access the gym in Opelucid and Icirrus ( I think it's partilly covered) City.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Esper

It seems like they're just hiding some new changes to the region, but it's probably also indicative of where you'll be able to move around in the beginning of the game since you seem like you'll be starting out in the south-west of the region rather than the south-east.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd say that the areas that you visit after the Elite Four in BW are frozen over and once defeating the Elite Four and resolving the whole Kyurem dispute it will thaw and make it accessible. I can just imagine how epic it will look when Unova is frozen!

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
dannyboy601
Musician-in-Training

I think that ice is probably there to cover up new locations that they're going to reveal later on, that ice doesn't even look like its part of the same image. If they wanted Unova to be frozen, they would've just drawn it properly like the changes to Driftveil City, Route 4 etc. However, I did read something on Bulbanews about cave entrances to enter the ice...

Old April 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I think that it will be somewhat like Pokemon HGSS and Crystal. Like when we finish the main storyline and defeat the whatever/who ever caused it. The old areas will reopen and we have like 8 more gyms we can fight.
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I think that it will be somewhat like Pokemon HGSS and Crystal. Like when we finish the main storyline and defeat the whatever/who ever caused it. The old areas will reopen and we have like 8 more gyms we can fight.
The only two gym cities that are 'covered over' in ice are Striaton City and Nacrene City.

It seems that it there's more mature atmosphere concrening the region, as many areas/parts of other cities have either improved/changed/gone. Well for one, the route betweem Castelia and Nimbasa is FINALLY DONE...so what makes of Desert Resort?
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM
A Sadistic Bastard

Can someone link me to a photo of this new map? I tried google. Google failed me.

----------------------------------
White FC: 2580 7669 3124
Platinum FC: 5028 8983 1499
----------------------------------
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Looking at it properly, it looks like it's just been pasted on to cover up new areas as previously stated by others.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

I hope that it's just a cover-up of the whole region (but a smaller glacier somewhere in the region wouldn't be too bad). I do however see the cave entrances into the ice northwest of Driftveil so i dont know...
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
dannyboy601
Musician-in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaccio View Post
I hope that it's just a cover-up of the whole region (but a smaller glacier somewhere in the region wouldn't be too bad). I do however see the cave entrances into the ice northwest of Driftveil so i dont know...
I think those are the entrances to Chargestone Cave and Mistralton Cave.

Old April 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
^ I think so too...I seem to remember seeing those in BW's Unova art too...
The ice does look strange...so if not copy and pasted it's most likely a barrier thing over the region like mentioned before .
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

Ah y'all are right haha the blue from chargestone cave and mistralton cave make it look like part of the glacier. Ah so now I can definitely see it as a cover up
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Forever
let it go

...guys, there's ice covering the left side, which isn't JUST trees, there's more to it, aka something to possibly explore. If the ice is covered up by CoroCoro... does this mean we'll possibly go to another region left of Unova...?
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
...guys, there's ice covering the left side, which isn't JUST trees, there's more to it, aka something to possibly explore. If the ice is covered up by CoroCoro... does this mean we'll possibly go to another region left of Unova...?
The far left of the the scan correct? Wow, didn't sse that....another region? Now that's a farfetched idea there. Still, it would be interesting if SOMETHING is there. Maybe Anville Town can gain access there, as I see the town in the northwesten part of Unova still.
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Yeah it's just a cover up. The scan states that the MAP is covered not the region. Plus it looks like Gamefreak just dropped an ice cube on top of the map. Say you drop an ice cube on top of a map of your state/hometown etc. Is it actually frozen? Nope.

Sponsored Links