The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Advertise here

Old August 5th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Marlo
Missing Person

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
I couldn't find an answer to this question by searching the forum and reading the Wiki on regional dexes didn't help.

I can set it up so that DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = true, which obviously won't fix my problem, and then I can set it up to where it's false and then unlock the National Pokédex, so it will give me a list with Kanto Pokédex and National Pokédex.

I'd really like it to, if anything, just say "National Pokédex" without Kanto or Johto, etc. unless I had all the other dexes-which it doesn't come with.

Can't I just make it so National Dex is the plain default without dealing with the others?

they'll never find me

Old August 5th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Just delete all the RegionalNumbers= lines in pokemon.txt. It makes sense.

I don't think it matters in this case what you set DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to, but I'd leave it as true just in case.
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Marlo
Missing Person

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post

I don't think it matters in this case what you set DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to, but I'd leave it as true just in case.
I got it! I attached the file for anyone else. At first it deleted my Pokédex in general, but I just started a new game and it worked. Now it just says Pokédex.

Thank you very much!
Attached Files
File Type: txt pokemon.txt‎ (397.8 KB, 22 views) (Save to Dropbox)

they'll never find me

Last edited by Marlo; August 5th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:03 AM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post

What I find would have been easier is just to open Notepad and use the replace all function to change all instances of RegionalNumbers to something ridiculous or useless like BegionalNumbers. At that point, the game wouldn't recognize the lines so the game would automatically use only the National Pokedex.

Old August 6th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
What I find would have been easier is just to open Notepad and use the replace all function to change all instances of RegionalNumbers to something ridiculous or useless like BegionalNumbers. At that point, the game wouldn't recognize the lines so the game would automatically use only the National Pokedex.
Exactly.

You'd still need to start a new game, though. It's just common sense to do so when you've changed something.
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Camzikazi
Beginning Trainer

yeah, it's much easier to just get rid of the regionalnumbers bit
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here