The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros

Advertise here
I hate infatuation and poison especially infatuation since I always catch male Pokemon...

But, poison always annoys me when I'm walking I was like in a battle with KOGA on FireRed when My Charizard got poisoned by Toxic! Oh man it was really annoying!
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Paralysis shows up far more often than it should.
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Beginning Trainer

Confusion isn't actually that bad for me. Paralysis seems to be an issue though, but more because of the speed thing.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Danny Leo
The Best There Is!

Nature: Quirky
I've had a strong dislike for infatuation ever since the "CIPHER Admin Venus" battle in Pokemon Colosseum, so I'd probably go with that as my most hated ailment. Confusion is probably a close second, since I've had slightly better luck with that one.
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
ManOfSteele
Beginning Trainer

Sleep, hands down.

Just because with the other statuses you have that reassurance that it's permenant until you do something. If you're burned, poisoned, etc., it's gonna stay that way until you use an item/ cleric.

But with Sleep, it dangles the possibility of waking up right in your face, just to dash it away to be sitting there useless for another turn.
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
confusion really annoys the crap out of me, poison annoys me so much in the past games.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
Infatuation.

It's absolutely the worst thing that you can happen...
Old August 19th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
Tie between infatuation and poison. Infatuation... it's hard to score a hit cause your Pokemon just fell in love with the opponent. Had to see your Pokemon with hearts plastered all over it whilst taking hard hits, until it dies.

Poison, it's not much of a big deal, but when it's badly poisoned, that's the idea. You take maximizing damage over time, even after a battle. It's a huge bother.
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
Seeing this competitive: Confusion. I think Paralysis is next to that. And infatuation on some level. Or rather, let's just do it like this:

Confusion and Infatuation are on the same level of annoyance here. With Infatuation, your pokemon, chances are, isn't going to move and you're going to be really lucky if they strike a hit, whilst your opponent is just going to sit there, setting up on you in like 50 different ways and its gg from there. @_@; it's the same thing with confusion, except there's a huge risk that you might kill yourself, thus giving your opponent a free turn. Meh.

Though speaking of these things as far as in-game goes, I still find infatuation to be a pain to put up with, but Paralysis becomes increasingly annoying and and a pain to tolerate.
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:15 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
I seem to have the worst luck with confusion and that seems to be the only part of any of the games that KOs my Pokemon.

I hit my enemy with confusion, they always seem to get out of it too quickly and the never hit themselves rendering my turn as worthless.

When I get hit by it, my Pokemon ALWAYS hit themselves and sometimes even changes the outcome completely within the fight.

So it feels worthless when I use it, but almost god-like and cheap when the AI uses it. Therefore, it's my least favorite. Don't even get me started with my Swagger rage, I keep thinking it's going to be helpful in my team but...... UUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!! And somehow the AI just manages to place me in bad situations with it, it's unfair!

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sodapop
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Sleep and Paralysis, Nuff said.
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Definitely confusion through all of my Pokemon Games. My opponent needs just one small hit to die and here I am with my Pokemon slowly killing itself >. Usually my Pokemon hit themselves 200 times or something during one battle .
. :p
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Pokemon_Trainer_Danny
Slateport resident

Nature: Calm
Confusion and infatuation are both merely annoying, because it's easy to get rid of. You change your Pokémon, confusion or infatuation gone!

Poison, paralysis and sleep are my most hated status ailments. Poison lingers after battle, and if you haven't got an Antidote with you, you'll either be using Potions to keep your Pokémon alive, or it just faints. Paralysis is just like confusion an infatuation, but more powerful. It lingers after battle, and it cuts your Pokémon's speed. I think sleep is my single most hated ailment. I'm fighting a strong Pokémon, and my Pokémon falls asleep. And you'd think it would be shook awake after taking a hit, but no... even a Hyper Beam won't wake you up! Before your Pokémon wakes up in battle, it might already have fainted.

So, sleep is definetly my most hated status ailment.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:06 PM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Confusion. I always get a little annoyed whenever I see "It hurt itself in its confusion!" I seem to get the worst luck with it, too.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
crystalzapdos

Confusion is the worst. It never works in your favor.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
poke-world
Booted out - don't be like me!

The others suck too, but there's nothing worse than being incapable of doing anything for me because your Pokémon is too attracted to the other to move.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
being paralyzed and being infatuated...And sometimes burn, if it'd happens to a Pokemon with good attack power.

but paralysis and infatuation is just da worst. Not being able to attack or havin' your speed cut...it's just horrible
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
All of them annoy me, but I think Confusion annoys me the most, 'cause it always seems to happen to me when I'm so close to winning! Also, Flinching is annoying as well, although I love it when it happens to someone I'm battling haha.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
The Works
Omochikaeri!

Location: There was supposed to be a location here but I'm too lazy so
Nature: Timid
I hate Confusion, Sleep, and Infatuation the most. Confusion is just plain annoying and I feel like throwing the DS down when someone uses Supersonic or it says: "It hurt itself in its confusion!"

Sleep is just annoying when I get afflicted, but even more annoying when I put another Poké to sleep. My Pokémon sleeps for like 5 turns, but the foe sleeps for even less when I afflict it.

Infatuation is really annoying, particularly when Audino training. I'm unable to attack most of the time, and the Pokémon that used Attract takes advantage by torturing my Pokémon. But one thing I'm really glad about is that there are male Audinos, because my Black team is mostly male.
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Apricots
Cream Puff

Nature: Gentle
Poison, mainly because it affects them outside battle too and gives this horrible sense or urgency to get to a Center before they faint.
Plus I hate the overworld effect and sound.

tumblr | deviantart | pixiv | twitter
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Confusion, because of my bad luck.
Whenever I am confused, I get hit back.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old September 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

Confusion, Infatuation, and Flinching because the A.I. always cheats with it. Let me use those attacks and they shrug them off.

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Jeremy
Sweetie
Community Supporter

Well sweeties, I definitely hate Paralyze and Confusion.

For Paralyze, not only it cuts your speed, but there's a 25% chance of not attacking, which makes it annoying.

For Confusion, it seems that it will always hit itself and will never snap out of confusion. It's so aggravating.

Facebook Twitter

Old September 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
RivalGator
I hate them all.

Nature: Adamant
I hate burns. It always cripples me. I hate confusion too, because it's more annoying than anything. For some reason, poison never really does much to me though. Oh, and infatuation... Oh my god I hate that move.

"Ah, the past... The only thing dead that smells good."
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Whenever someone uses attract I'll just switch out, because if I don't there's like no hope in trying to attack haha.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here