Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: FireRed 2.0 - A whole new gen 3

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 9th, 2014 (11:18 PM). Edited August 1st, 2014 by imas234.

Intro:

Hi, this is imas234 and this is my first attempt at a "ROM-HACK". Well, to be honest this isn't much of a romhack, as it is a heavily edited version of firered. It features the same pokemon but they have completely new movepools, reworked typings [some] and new abilities [some of them don't though .__. ] and some very small map changes.

In this game i simply changed some pokemon's types to make sense of gen 3's physical special system. e.g I changed charizard's typing to fire/dragon and readjusted its stats; also changing its movepool to make sense.I arranged the moves to give a sense of progression i.e I made sure as the pokemon levelled up it didn't have a low base power move for a long time without getting a better move, or just suddenly getting a high powered stab[or otherwise] move. As a pokemon grows to higher levels they wll get better moves and no pokemon will be subject to geting little to no stab moves like cloyster and water type moves in gen 3.

Basically, what i've done here is i took all the things that bothered me about generation 3 and i fixed it without adding the physical/special split, so that players can get a better GEN 3 experience. Just to be clear its not laziness or lack of experience that stopped me from putting in the split [ i have something planned for the future] i just wanted it to be a pure GEN 3 experience, but better.

Features (sort of):
-There is a new palette which makes everything more vibrant imo, instead of the original gloomy palette

-Almost all moves have been edited [base powers changed and what not]

-Most pokemon other than post national dex pokemon have had their base stats and movepools reworked

-Quite a few pokemon have new typing. Most make sense, some might not.

-Three pokemon have been given different evolutions. [I will list the major changes below]

-THE HM's DON'T SUCK! Seriously you don't need anymore HM slaves because they are now good, useful moves your pokemon would be happy to have.

-Go to the move relearner because all fully evolved pokemon have great moves at level 1. Also catch lots of paras because they'll always hold TinyMushrooms [and are also quite good now]

The new evolutions:
[spoiler]
-Dratini evolves into dragonair[pure dragon and has the same base stat as dragonite] at level 45 and evolves into dragonite when a dragon scale is USED. [dratinis always hold dragon scales so you should be fine]

-Venonat evolves into butterfree, and metapod into venomoth. Yeah..

-Most level up evolutions evolve at new levels but that shouldn't matter. However if you want a list i can provide one if enough people are interested.

-Trade evolutions have been removed[YAY]. They all evolve in the thirties.

-"Trade with item" evo's now require you to USE the items instead of trading with them.

-Zubat now evolves into golbat OR crobat. Evolves into crobat by using a moonstone and into golbat at level 30. Crobat is now poison/dark with levitate and is a special attacker. Golbat and Crobat have identical base stats but golbat is a physical attacker and slower.

Major changes:
Spoiler:

-Sandshrew line are now ground/normal and the second fastest ground type ingame. I have two reasons for doing this: they always seemed like that to me AND they get swords dance and extrmespeed *cough extremekiller cough*

-Growlithe line is also part normal now because swords dance and extremespeed. They also got a spA buff

-Ponyta line is also fire/normal because they look like it tbh. Gave them a much better physical movepool and spA buff.

-Mankey line is normal/fighting because it looks like it and it gets dual physical stab.

-Cloyster line is water/ghost and its stats and movepool has been edited to suit it. I did this because it doesn't look like an ice type AT ALL, and i thought this made more sense. Also, there's like no ghost types in firered

-Gengar line has been turned into a physical attacker to suit its typing [frankly i always thought it should be] but it still has a good special -attack so it can run mixed sets.

-Fearow is pure flying

-Pidgeot line gets updated[gen6] speed and pure power starting from pidgeotto. Don't worry about it being op though because i a lot of things outspeed and ohko it. Also, i nerfed its attack to 65.

-Since mainly cute mons get huge power i gave it to the venonat line[also has 80 spA],rattata [not ratticate], jigglypuff line and farfetch'd. They are not op by any means as they are outsped and killed easily by most pokemon.

-Wigglytuff: with its new ability its very strong[hits as hard as azumarill] and with its new stats its quite bulky. Unlike the stronger rattata[55 attack] it doesn't die to mach punches and can maybe even tank primape's fighting type stabs but i made sure that it dies to every other fighting type and anything with decent bulk[there are quite a few] can kill it quite easily [also, ghost types make it cry].

-Farfetch'd: IT IS THE HARDEST HITTER IN THE GAME[with huge power and its 75 attack stat] aside from thick club marowak. But its still frail as duck.
-Gyarados is now water/dragon and had its attack and special attack stats switched. Safe to say it is now one of the most feared special attackers in the game[with its amazing special movepol]. Its also a pain in the ass to kill because of its new typing and intimidate.

-Hitmonlee is now super fast [like it should be] but frail. I basically switched its special defence and speed, but i made some more changes. -Its brother hitmonchan has higher attack and is more bulky now.

-Made golem hit as hard as rhydon and rhydon slightly bulkier than golem.

-Most poison types are very usable now [added bulk and offense] i suggest you try them out.

-Weezing[not koffing] is poison/fire. No particular reason for this but it has levitate so it should not be a problem.

-Kangaskhan has a rock sub-type and gets rock head. It is now a recoil abuser. This is done because kangaskhan's head looks like its made of smooth rock, just sayin.

-Lickitung gets serene grace and buffed defenses and attack. It is now a flinch haxer [get rid of it as fast as you can, seriously]

-First bugs: weedle and caterpie evolutions are now hard hitters but remain frail[as they were meant to be]. Metapod and venomoth are bug/psychic with compound eyes, sleep powder, calm mind and dream eater.

-The Trio: Electabuzz, Jynx and Magmar now all have the same base stats and special attack stats, along with a psychic subtype. Their movepool has been adjusted.

-Eveelutions: Jolteon and flareon's stats has been heavily edited and so has their movepools. vaporeon just got new movepool. Flareon has swapped attack and special attack and all his stats has been readjusted. Jolteon hits harder now but is a bit slower [only outsped by crobat and electrode]

-Tangela gets an electric subtype with volt absorb and static as abilities. This is mainly to create a static abuser and because tangela -looks like a bunch of wires with feet.

-Ninetales is fire/psychic and has gotten higher special attack and calm mind.
-Nidoking and nidoqueen are beasts now. Nidoking is a dedicated physical attacker (fast and kind of bulky) and nidoqueen is a mixed attacker with great bulk.

-Made exegcutor physically bulky and gave it effect spore, also has amazing special attack btw [its gonna be a real pain in the ass].

-Gave dodrio a choice between speed boost and guts because reasons.

-Articuno fans rejoice for i have given the bird a big spA boost!Total BST is still 580.

Let me know if you think anything is too weird or overpowered [but play the game before you do so] and i'll change it immediately [i have a lot of free time]if enough people want it. I'm also open to suggestions and criticism so feel free to leave them in the comments. I'll be reading them all [Again, lots of free time]. I may or may not add a full list of the pokemon and their new stats later on. Btw there are some things that i considered unimportant and therefore did not include (or forgot ._. ).

Screenshots:
Now you'll probably notice that the pictures are all from before the second rival battle. This is because i haven't played through it yet and i just wanted to get the post up and it shows some of the new changes like decap, move power changes and the new map pallette. Also, you guys are welcome to put screenshots in the comments and i'll add them to the op.

Lastly:
This is basically done and should work fine. But i have some things planned for the future. I can't script so don't expect anything there :v however future plans include:
-Edited trainers. Couldn't do it in this one due to laziness and my antivirus being convinced atrainer is a virus. [Actually the gym leaders (with the exception of giovanni) and elite four as well as some late rival battles are edited ]
-If i learn to script, some other stuff [probably ain't gonna happen]

Credits:
Well i used these tools:
-G3T 2.5 by Kurapika
-YAPE 0.9 by Silver314 and Dartharon[i guess, correct me if i'm wrong]
-A-map 1.95 by Lu-Ho
-UnnamedTrainerEditor
-NSE , this let me fix the grass problem
-Trader Advanced
-Misc Editor 1.1

Old Stuff
Spoiler:

New Stuff:
Bug Fix V2

Support Bars (thats what they're called right?):

by .Missingno [thanks :D]

NEW INFO!
New In-game Trades: (some of them are the same as before)
Spoiler:

-Abra for Mr.Mime
-Spearow for Farfetch'd
-Poliwrath for Eevee (instead of jynx)
-NidoranM for Starmie
-Nidorino for Cubone
-Golduck for Lickitung
-Raichu for Electrode
-Venonat for Tangela
-Seel for Dratini
Old July 11th, 2014 (04:26 PM).

um the files you placed at mediafire are deleted
Old July 11th, 2014 (10:40 PM). Edited July 11th, 2014 by imas234.

Wut :/ I'll fix it right away. thanks for letting me know

Edit: The files were not deleted , i just messed up somewhere in the link. I tested it now and it works. hope you like the game.

Theres a bug i found while playing through it: When you run through the grass it reverts to its original colors.I.I'm in the process of trying to fix it. Please report any bugs you may find.
Old July 11th, 2014 (11:35 PM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

Why is Dratini Water/Dragon, while Dragonair is pure Dragon? That's really weird to me. You should either make Dragonair Water/Dragon, or revert Dratini to pure Dragon.

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old July 12th, 2014 (01:31 AM).

its not water dragon as of beta 2 i just forgot to mention it
Old July 12th, 2014 (09:49 AM).
Cursed Hemophillic.

Nature: Serious
ahh new fresh tiles♥

very nice, after awhile someone is editing FireRed [YAY]

though kanto starters are powerful but

i really want Kanto starters to have more-than-normal power...

atleast raise their stats, or edit their movepools. Please!!

"Sorry for the mistakes in my posts, I just have a old PC to attend my beloved PokeCommunity."
>>>About My Disease HemoPhillia<<<
Pokemon Z Version! (Dragon ball Z Demake)
Pokemon Platinum Red & Blue (NDS Styled tiles)
Pokemon Mirage of tales: A new Age dawns
1MB Sub-Circuit (Solution)-> (New!)--->Click HERE.
ROM Patching Tutorial For Android & IOS->Click Here
ROM Patching Tutorial For Windows->Click Here
Old July 12th, 2014 (11:04 AM).
Goofball

Location: In my house, In my state, in my country, on my continent, on my planet
Nature: Calm
I really like the new pallet you gave to the overworld tiles. Do you think in the future you might make this a "catch them all" hack? Or at least the Kanto pokemon all available? I also like that you made the starters have more interesting initial moves.
Old July 12th, 2014 (02:46 PM).

@Trainer VyNK
Spoiler:
the starters HAVE been edited and their movepools are changed as well. In fact most pokemon's stats have been edited and ALL of them (excluding legendaries) have edited movepools. I hope you play through it and see how you like it. Also be sure to comment and post SCREENSHOTS!!

@Kyo Razorbade
Spoiler:
Thanks :D . And you CAN catch all kanto pokemon here. Not sure if post national dex evos work in this beta but it will in the next one :D
Old July 12th, 2014 (05:23 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Will this hack have all 386 Pokemon in it? If it doesn't, I'll still play it :p

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, Fat Kid, Eclipse, Cyan, and TLZ: Sacred Paradox. (These either have large banners or none at all)
DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old July 12th, 2014 (10:51 PM).
Cursed Hemophillic.

@imas234

yeah thanks friend, i really appreciate your hard work..

adding to my sig

"Sorry for the mistakes in my posts, I just have a old PC to attend my beloved PokeCommunity."
Old July 12th, 2014 (11:04 PM).
Just Some Average Anthropomorphic Gallade

Nature: Modest
Great job with his one! Maybe when you learn to script, how bout some post-game battle facilities in Saffron City?
Old July 12th, 2014 (11:36 PM). Edited July 12th, 2014 by imas234.

@DJTiki
Spoiler:
Thanks dude. I'd like to learn to script but i have two similar projects in mind and only a month to complete it (vacation time). So, chances are i'm not gonna be able to learn.

@Trainer Vynk
Spoiler:
Thanks! happy that you liked it

@PokeReject
Spoiler:
The point of this hack was to be a better firered so not having 386 pokemon was intentional. However you can catch all original 151 pokemon and the extras that were in firered. I hope you like playing it

So, guys if you play it post lots of screenshots showing your teams, the pokemon's new abilities or the new maps. I'll add most of them to the op.

Edit: Also comment stating any bugs you may see
Old July 13th, 2014 (03:42 AM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Okay, one last question, and then I'll start playing. Can this game trade with Emerald? :p

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, Fat Kid, Eclipse, Cyan, and TLZ: Sacred Paradox. (These either have large banners or none at all)
DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old July 13th, 2014 (03:54 AM).

I don't think so :/ (not sure if that was a joke :/ )
Old July 13th, 2014 (08:52 AM).
Cursed Hemophillic.

accept it as my token of appreciation..

this wont be perfect (coz its my first time at banners)

if you dont like it, delete it!

Code:
[URL=http://imgur.com/ddgRcLj][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ddgRcLj.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Old July 13th, 2014 (10:08 AM).

Oh wow. Thanks. Didn't think people would be making me banners tbh. I'll definitely add it to the op. However, you seem to have made an error because there's no evolutions in the name hehe.
Old July 13th, 2014 (10:39 AM).
Goofball

Location: In my house, In my state, in my country, on my continent, on my planet
Nature: Calm
Are the cave tilesets going to be recolored as well?
Also, I'd suggest having a list of what new Pokemon are found where so people won't spend ages searching for things like the starters, other fossil Pokemon, Mew, and things like that.
Old July 13th, 2014 (11:05 PM). Edited July 13th, 2014 by imas234.

They are going to be in the next beta. It'll be out sometime this week.

oh right thats what 151 pokemon mean :/ . Sadly the starters mew and the fossil pokemon are not in the hack. When i said all the pokemon are in the game i meant version exclusives ._. . I can add the starters (because it involves no scripting) if you want but i made sure there were a lot of suitable (if not better) replacements. But i'm all for fan service so if you want i'll include them in the next beta.

Edit- jynx can be found in seafoam island's lowest layer (quite common)
electabuzz can be found in the power plant (quite common)
Magmar can be found in pokemon mansion's lowest layer (quite common)

be sure to trade your poliwag or poliwhirl for an ev because it has good ivs (all new trades do) and holds a lucky egg
in fact, do all the trades because they have new pokemon and hold good items and has good ivs

Safari zone pokemon are a lot easier to catch (if ash can catch 30 tauros so can you!) and the rare pokemon are more common too.
Old July 14th, 2014 (12:50 AM).
Cursed Hemophillic.

@imas234 well i thought of evolution as "evolution of fire red"

though i seem to have encountered an old error

Spoiler:
after patching the full patch to fire red [squirels], my screen goes black after that pikachu description.. happens all the time. help please

i use VBA-M (latest)

Old July 14th, 2014 (02:51 AM).

Quote:
fire red [squirels]?
it works fine when i patched beta 2 to my firered rom no idea what could be causing this :/
Old July 15th, 2014 (07:31 AM).
—the dream is dead

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by vC1oud:
HE STOLE MY ROM!! HE STOLE MY ROM!! HE STOLE MY ROM!! HE STOLE MY ROM!!
If that is the case you should consider reporting it to one of the moderators.
Old July 15th, 2014 (08:02 AM).
Viridian City Gym Leader

Nature: Relaxed

Looks good!

Old July 15th, 2014 (10:15 PM).

how on earth would i steal your ROM? that makes no sense whatsoever.
Old July 16th, 2014 (11:01 PM). Edited July 17th, 2014 by imas234.

Now i'll be addressing all your "proof" and i hope you'll stop bothering me.
Spoiler:

-
Quote:
Hmm... Idk how u got it but I can name all that is mine. ROUTE 3/4 and 22 mine the berry tree & small trees from johto MINE .
As for route 3 and four I just added some grass in places but was left otherwise untouched i really don't understand how it can be "yours". And speaking of route 22 i made no changes to it whatsoever so unless you're gamefreak in disguise it can't be "yours". As for berry trees and small trees from johto, they aren't even in the hack because it has NO NEW TILES. i honestly don't understand what you're talking about here
-
Quote:
Birth Island when MEWTWO coming down MINE
wut? i'm pretty sure mewtwo's in cerulean cave so no idea what you're talking about here .-.
-Navel Rock was left untouched as its not even accessible in this hack because you can't get the item you need to get there
-
Quote:
and the POKEMON on the table was Mine
I didn't put any pokemon in the table because i have no idea how to lol. [are you sure you're playing my rom?]
-
Quote:
The OVERWORLD sprites are exactly placed the way I have them weird??
I barely messed with the overworld sprites' placement only changing them slightly if anything new i did to my map got in their way
-
Quote:
The national pokedex in the beginning mine
umm.. you can't get the national dex in the beginning. I can't even script so its impossible. [dude, are you sure it was my hack you "checked"]
-
Quote:
it's mine I just named everything in the rom and I checked everything
i don't understand what you mean. If you mean actual names of stuff in the rom i didn't change any. Everybody & everything has the same names as they did in normal firered.

As for the stealing ROM accusation how can someone even steal a ROM and what makes you accuse me of that? I don't know you in PC and i don't know you IRL. I'm pretty sure we're not even from the same country its basically impossible for me to steal anything from you.

I hope this cleared whatever problems you had. I'm not sure if you're being a really annoying troll or you're just confused but i'd appreciate it if you stopped commenting crap here and hope you find your stolen ROM.

If any of you guys are playing this please post some pictures of route 3, 4 and 22 it'll help prove i didn't steal this guy's rom.
Thanks in advance. :D
Old July 24th, 2014 (11:07 AM).

FINAL BETA RELEASED!!!
Seriously though, finally got around to finishing this and there'll be no more updates unless you know, bugs.

Changes:
-Fixed the running in grass problem with NSE
-More map changes, that is, pallette changes.
-Edited trainers. Levels are just 2-3 levels higher than vanilla but i gave most editable trainers much better movepools. (I skipped some trainers due to laziness, mostly the re-battleable trainers).
-Fixed some movepools and stuff. Like the OP cut.
-Indoor running and evos without national dex, thanks to the misc editor.
-Zubat now evolves into golbat OR crobat. Evolves into crobat by using a ultraball (no particular reason for this except that i wanted it to be a item evo) and into golbat at level 30. Crobat is now poison/dark with levitate and is a special attacker. Golbat and Crobat have identical base stats.
-Ingame Trade pokemon have really good iv's and hold useful items. You should get them.
-Put in Coil, but its more of a poison type bulk up (because it doesn't improve accuracy ._.). Arbok and Onix lines get it. This was mainly done to improve arbok and accuracy thing was beyond my skillset.

So, yeah report any bugs and here's the new file -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zroc13ldl5rx2p4/Pokemon_FireRed_2.0_(final).ips
(it's also available in the op)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)