The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Forum Games

Notices

Forum Games It's time to save yourself from the everyday trials and tribulations of your vigorous post day. Welcome to Forum Games, where the only posts are frantic fun and hilarious hijinks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly

I'm still the best here when it comes to that though. :D
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle

I'm unsure what that is a response to.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

I don't know what it is but I rarely post outside of the Trivia sections.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Fuyuki~

Response to Gerokunz' post.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed

Well after the boys win, how bout we all get some pizza, my treat?
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Fuyuki~

If you want to get me a big free pepperoni pizza with jalapenos... Nothing else...
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Correspondence

That settles it then!Pizza party at CourageHound's place.

Last edited by Correspondence; November 14th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:34 PM
CourageHound

However, I get my own pizza cuz i cannt eat ze pepperoni. The porks' bad for the soul
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Fuyuki~

Did anyone here play Advance Wars? I was so boss at that game and I'm pretty good at strategy games in general. I've never been able to beat my brother at strategy games though, he always beats me in certain types of games.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold

I still need to finish Advance Wars - Days Of Ruin after all this time.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Fuyuki~

Why? Too difficult or just not enough time? Days of Ruin's campaign is more difficult than the pas three games' because it doesn't have a hard campaign unlike the other games. To this day I still have trouble completing Lin's Gambit with a good score.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

I got stuck on a mission where I had to operate not only in fog but also under a time limit which made me stick to a Zerg Rush strategy all too often, it was against the New Rubinelle Army last I checked.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
CourageHound

Guys I realised I made the most epic fail

@Fuyuki whats advanced wars?
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Fuyuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven Bloodia View Post

I got stuck on a mission where I had to operate not only in fog but also under a time limit which made me stick to a Zerg Rush strategy all too often, it was against the New Rubinelle Army last I checked.

Uh, was it Hope Rising? Or Lin's Gambit? I can't remember if any were timed.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

It may have been Lin's Gambit since I remember using a female officer under the Rubinelle Army banner at the time, I certainly remember having only so many turns before something bad happened apparently as well.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Fuyuki~

Then Lin's Gambit. You have to control Lin for it, hence the name, and Hope Rising has you in control of Will.

Long story short, you'll only beat this mission if you're... You need to play very smartly. Learn when to move up and when not to. Use cover... Move fast but not recklessly or you'll get wrecked. Badly.

When moving up the side with land units I always find it difficult to move across that chokepoint by the bridge where you end up in enemy territory and little cover... Just... **** that. You have to take your time if you don't want to lose too many units in the fight to take over more of the map.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

I can see myself having so much fun already, all that's missing is a jar's worth of fire ants chewing on my eyelids while I'm playing.

Provided I beat Crysis 2 first, that one I'm actually having a lot of fun on atm, gotta love automatic cloaking features.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Fuyuki~

That comment right there is kinda vague... Don't know what you're referring to.

By the way, is that a Kill Bill avatar...? From that animated portion where it shows the leader of the Crazy 88 sniping some poor dude in a moving car from a skyscraper?
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

I was being sarcastic while mentioning what my predictions were gonna be for the mission that I'm on in Days Of Ruin.

And yes it is.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Fuyuki~

So does that mean you're going to hate yourself when doing it? That's the one point in the campaign where difficulty just spikes pretty badly.

Well, actually, difficulty sort of spikes when you hit Waylon Flies Again. All the following missions are a lot more difficult.

This is how the map looks without fog, if it helps.

http://www.advancewarsnet.com/files/...1;Fogless].png

I have the game down to the point that I have the damage calculation in my head already. I can put two units to battle and guess approximately how much health each unit will leave with and be right most of the times.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Hardest mission for me before the on I'm one right now was where I had to take the base of this old man who was the leader of some blue army whose name I've long since forgotten, I still can't believe it's been 3 years since I last played Days Of Ruin tbh lol.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Fuyuki~

Forsythe? A Hero's End? Yeah, that mission was pretty difficult. That's another difficulty spike, but it drops right after for a couple of missions.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Yeah that was it.

My clan buddy Stepith still says I should try out the other Advance Wars games for the DS sometime, I told him I'd do it if he got a copy of Crysis 2 so he could join me in a few firefights for once that wasn't Horde or Beast mode on Gears 3.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Fuyuki~

You should. One thing that should be noted about the past 3 games though is that the first 3 games are far more cartoony and far less serious. AW:DS features like... 30 or more COs and I guess they wanted a new start with Days of Ruin with all the new characters and such. The gameplay is the same but the story and feel is completely different. The AI also got progressively better and better throughout the series, but the campaign also became progressively easier. Odd, really.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
215.just another post came out of nowhere!

May Love embrace the world
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links