The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
BlackZard006
Charizard *shiny*

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yeah, and we're glad you joined.

Welcome, BlackZard006! Do you have any particular interests here?
well i'm sort of new to forums in general so... how exactly do you join clubs?

Charizard used Thunderpunch!
Foe Blastoise fainted!
Gary: ...
And they said it couldnt be done! *trollface*

my avatar brought to you by: liliebiehlina3siste on deviantart
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZard006 View Post
well i'm sort of new to forums in general so... how exactly do you join clubs?
Heey welcome! :3 You can join clubs by heading over to either Pokemon Clubs or Other Clubs (the section for all non-Pokemon clubs) and find one you'd like to join. Then just fill out the join form that's written in the first post to join and add something to contribute to the discussion. It's pretty easy, just make sure you don't only post a sign-up post since club posts should also contribute to the topics. :3

Have fun and enjoy your stay! <3 You can always contact me if you need more help.

Last edited by Sheep; December 18th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
Hello everyone!

My name is TheRaven, but you guys are welcome to just call me Raven :3

I'm a fairly new member of the PC, I joined on the 11th, but I haven't really been active until the last couple of days. My specialty, will hopefully become scripting, but I need help. My knowledge is very basic at the moment. I was hoping that someone here in the thread would kind of take me under their wing and help me become better at scripting. I'm not looking for a scriptor, I don't want pre-made scripts or anything like that. I just want to learn more about it and make my own scripts when the time comes for me to either start working on my own hack, or join a team and assist in making a hack.

If this interests you, and you wouldn't mind helping me, please Private Message me so we can get started. I will be on through the week after school, and the weekends are a given unless I notify you otherwise. My Christmas break is coming up on Wednesday, and I will be very active for about 2 weeks, most likely on every day.

Just a little about myself:
My favorite Pokemon are Umbreon and Cyndaquil.
Umbreon has always appealed to me, especially since it was a bit of a challenge to obtain one.
Cyndaquil has been one of my favorite starters for who knows how long, he is a cute little guy in my opinion.
I love music, I wouldn't be able to live without it. Electronic and House are my favorite genres at the moment. Deadmau5, Zedd, and Excision are probably my top artists at the moment.
I'm very easy to get along with and I love meeting new people. Joining this Forum kind of supports that.

I apologize for the long and rambling post. Thanks to anyone that had the time to read the entire thing, it means a lot.

Hopefully I will talk to some of you soon, for the others, I hope you guys enjoy your time in the PokeCommunity!

~Raven
I think it was a good decision for you to make a longer intro here since the one you placed in your intro thread was a bit short. This one certainly had more substance. And I like it a lot! Umbreon is a cool 'mon, even though I like Espeon way better. I've not been a fan of Cyndaquil so I can't relate, but I think I feel the same way with Squirtle that you do with Cyndaquil! I also love music, but completely different genres from yours. Still, a passion for music is what it is, and there's no reason to look at it differently. I try to be unobtrusive and easygoing online, too (irl I'm probably considered antisocial, haha) because I actually love meeting new people as well. So yeah, I think you've got some great interests! ;D

However, it's hard to get the attention of people you're looking for here at the New Users' Hangout (I assume you're looking for seasoned ROM hackers that have free time in their hands to help you in learning more about scripting). You could always teach yourself through the various resources available in the Emulation section, but even I think that's too tedious. I think the best way to go with this is to maybe look at a few team threads or hacks showcase threads and try to spot a good member that can teach you. A mentor from the Adoption Center would only encompass stuff relating to the sections themselves, and not on the art of scripting or hacking per se. You have to reach out. And be patient, too. I wish I could help you more, but this is all I could advise you. I could only wish you luck on your future endeavors. But I really hope that I'll hear you going big time as a ROM hacker in the future, with a HotM or two under your belt (that you've worked on as a scripter or hacking team member, at the very least)!

Still, I sincerely hope you'll enjoy PC to its fullest, Raven. Good luck! And never give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire Dragon View Post
Ok, i've been a member for about a week now, this is a wonderful site. For everyone i've meet so far thank you for the warm welcome, i think i've been on everyday so far since i joined :laugh: As for those i have not meet welcome & hope to see you around. I hope you are having as much of a good time as i have. Even with the limits of my Dsi everything is good. I will soon have a 3Ds which i hope makes things a little more easy for me :) Thanks again eveyone :)
A late welcome to the forums! I saw you greet Kimiko back in her thread and I thought you were really friendly and welcoming. :) I'm just glad that you're enjoying this site so much. I mean even I haven't been that active back when I joined PC! Your hopes actually inspire me to be more fun-loving and laid-back, because I know attitude really changes how this site feels sometimes, so I thank you for that. Continue what you're doing because it is wonderful. So yeah, I hope to see you around! :D
Old December 19th, 2012, 04:39 PM
BlackZard006
Charizard *shiny*

@Cirno
thankies! i'll be sure to join plenty of clubs

Charizard used Thunderpunch!
Foe Blastoise fainted!
Gary: ...
And they said it couldnt be done! *trollface*

my avatar brought to you by: liliebiehlina3siste on deviantart
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:24 AM
PokeBunny
Pokemon Game Maker

Nature: Serious
Hi im PokeBunny and I love making Pokemon games.

The Pokemon Game Developer
If you are wondering why I'm taking long to make Pokemon Hot Red and Cold Blue... It's because I barely get computer time. Be patient (I'm not!.

My SoundCloud!!!!!!!!!
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeBunny View Post
Oh hello there, I think I remember you.

Welcome back and well, good luck with your projects!

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old December 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeBunny View Post
Hey there, PokeBunny! I also enjoyed making my own games (but I did it through ROM hacking in my early PC days, I assume from your signature that you use other means, like Game Maker or something). So yeah, I know the feeling. It's just really enticing to have the ability to channel your own imaginative ideas into an actual playable game, don't you think? ;D

I noticed you posted mostly in Emulation though, so if you aren't using stuff like Game Maker to make the Pokémon games from scratch, then I suppose I was wrong in my initial assumption. Nevertheless, whatever method works! If you haven't visited the Game Development section of Creative Discussions, you might want to check it out (the Game Maker method might seem preferable for some), because for some reason your signature makes me want to say that. However if you actually ROM hack then don't mix the Game Development section up with the Emulation section, okay? It will do you good to stick with the section apt to your style of game making.

But yeah, I noticed that you recently came back from a quick leave. I hope you'll be sticking around this time! I'm sure you've been missed. Yes, welcome back! :D
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM
kieran@home
Unhatched Egg

hey everyone I'm kieran and a huge fan of the metal series ( gold, silver and crystal) but I also love the latest series too! so people who have questions on my favourite series hit me up!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Welcome aboard Kieran! I love the Metal series too :D It's the Pokemon game series that I grew up with and loved when I was just a little girl. <3 Fortunately, we have a section dedicated just for that. :)

What is it that you love the most about the games? Have fun and see ya around! :)

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Brizz
TM87

Nature: Modest
Another new guy here. I'm also known as Larry on Serebii and CodyFTW on Ever Grande City.

I plan on hanging around the games section for the most part but I'm also liking the Entertainment section you got here. Plenty of music related topics
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizz View Post
Another new guy here. I'm also known as Larry on Serebii and CodyFTW on Ever Grande City.

I plan on hanging around the games section for the most part but I'm also liking the Entertainment section you got here. Plenty of music related topics
Hello Cody, and nice to see you here.

I'm the same Hikari10 from Ever Grande if you're wondering who I am. Have fun here, okay?

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
I am absolutely new here, in every sense of the word.
But I adore chatting with others, so please feel free to say "hello!" whenever you'd like .
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM
kieran@home
Unhatched Egg

thanks leaf storm my favourite part is the story and all the lore behind ho-oh and Lugia and the three dogs aswell it's by far the beat written story! what about you? whats your favourite part!

Old December 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran@home View Post
thanks leaf storm my favourite part is the story and all the lore behind ho-oh and Lugia and the three dogs aswell it's by far the beat written story! what about you? whats your favourite part!

Hi Kieran, and welcome to PC!

My name's Nichole, feel free to ask me anything!

Old December 22nd, 2012, 04:58 AM
kieran@home
Unhatched Egg

hey nichole thanks so is their a thread for fan made games? because I'm currently working on one :D

Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
hey nichole thanks so is their a thread for fan made games? because I'm currently working on one :D

Yes we do. They are Emulation and Game Development.

Emulation focuses on hacks, while Game Development is for games made with stuff like Game Maker. Just remember to read their rules before posting.

Have fun over there, all right?

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:

Mine would be... oh! I love everything about the games, I can't seem to choose what I like!

BUT IF I HAVE TO...It'll have to be finding Lugia before encountering it. I love traveling through the waterfalls and the mystery caves, even though it's a maze I tried getting through for days. xD

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

I'm new to this forum. I'm now working on a new Pokemon game and i don't know how to put spoilers.

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

spoiler tags are easy!

the code is [spoiler](add content here)[/spoiler*] (without the *)

that becomes this:

Spoiler:
yo sup!

Hope that helps, and welcome to PC! Hope you're having a great time here and hope you like it here! :)

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Thank you a lot, Leaf Storm!

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Oh, I didn't know this was here. I would've introduced myself last week if I didn't think I'd have to make a separate topic out of it. Well, 50-70 posts later...

Name's Patrick, and I usually register with my real name. I think I was just really lazy signing up, admittingly mixed with some slight discomfort in doing so.

I'm not really intrested in Pokemon, at least as a franchise, as I got tired of it during the 3rd generation. Black, Ruby, Red, Yellow, they're all the same to me. But in having cultural significance, I'm more about Pokemon fans. And sometimes, I like to talk about the fun I had when I was actively involved in the series. I still have some compentency (I surprise myself with the 5 Pokemon game in Pokemon Trivia), but there's days when I mentally black out and can't remember a single Pokemon fact.

One of my favorite Pokemon things is fan art, and probably more than that, fan comics (if they're humor based moreso than dramatic). I'd actually really love fan animations if I knew people were doing them. That leads to a question, where exactly would people post comics? Art & Design or Fan Fiction and Writing? I don't plan on uploading anything, but I'm interested in what others are doing. I'm always interested in seeing more interpretations of these things.

My favorite Pokemon is Nidorina, and favorite family is the Nidoran family. Following that is Vulpix, and then according to the favorite Pokemon of each type thread, it falls apart after that due to fragmented memory. But I can honestly say I don't dislike any of the first 151, and I prefer generation 3 to generation 2, despite the fact that I have a better recollection of the Pokemon in gen 2. Overall, you can get me into any Pokemon from any generation if you give it an interesting personality.

Finally, I'm a jack of all trades sort who can do just about anything. An animation foundation helps me with art, character design, color and animation (I love to experiment with different illustration styles), while a games background allows me to undertake various game projects. I have a graphic design background too, but didn't retain a lot of that knowledge, so I'm pretty weak there. I also can't write music (though I can do covers). I like to stay inspired by viewing a lot of blogs and what have you of people's art, and it's usually girls (for some reason, the way girls draw or color appeals more to my tastes). In fact, I don't remember the last time I've been to an art blog that was owned by a male...

TL;DR

dbp is the Nidorina loving fair weather opportunist with a bad memory that enjoys Pokemon humor and art blogs owned by girls and he draws graphic design games or something.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Chrisilly
Unhatched Egg

Hello guys,
I just registered and the website kept buggin' me to introduce myself, so I thought I'd might as well do so. Well I'm Chrisilly and I've been loving pokemon for a looong time and I actually just thought I'd like to learn how to hack, so that's the main reason I've joined and I hope I'll get to know a lot of nice people here.

Furthermore, I guess you could call me a pokénerd when it comes to facts/stats/attacks/blablabla so I'll help out where I can. Alright I hope this will suffice as far as introduction goes. If any of you want to know more, let me know !

Bye!
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Hey there you two! <3

Great to meet ya Patrick! I've seen ya around a few times, and it's certainly not too late to introduce yourself. :) Haha, I tend to have bad memory myself. Fruits help me a lot with memory. So I eat them a lot. xD Hope you are having a great time here at PC, and judging from your post count, it looks like you are! Hope you stick around!

& haha Chrisilly! We bug you because we love new members like you! The whole introducing yourself thing is optional and it's all up to you, but we'd love to get to know you! Welcome aboard, and hopefully...like the user above, can stick around!

Also hope you all have a wonderful holiday! ^_^

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Fruits, eh? Oy, help a brother out then. What fruits do you recommend? I enjoy going grocery shopping for new items and produce, or even old favorites, so I have no problems stocking up.

I recently bought a cactus pear, for example. I have no idea what it's used for, I've never had one, I've never even seen one, and I'm not exactly sure how you eat it. But, I still had to have it.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Apples and oranges, my favorite. ^__^ I haven't heard of a cactus pear, so can't help ya on that. Never tried them, before, actually. xD

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links