Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Reload this Page New Users' Hangout

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread

Old March 6th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote originally posted by Wind Heart:
Hello, and good morning in your area, Zorogami!
It's nice to see you enjoy hanging out in here, in PokeCommunity!
I hope we could become friends!
Yeah im having a great time :D
Sure, we can definitely become friends!
i haven't really talked to another member since i joined, so that would be cool

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 6th, 2013 (01:43 AM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Hi Zorogami, and welcome.

I'm Hikari, a friend of Wind Heart's. I was one of his first friends here fyi, and in a week or so I celebrate 2 years as a member of this humble community, despite going through tough times and having friendships and bonds fall apart.

If you want a serious chat, I'm your girl! VM me, seriously, I love attention. Oh, and I also love Oshawott. Such a cutie of a Water starter he is. I don't really hang out in Challenges but nice to see you having fun there.

I'm looking forward to getting to know ya, Zorogami!
Old March 6th, 2013 (06:27 AM).
The Speedster

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Jolteon82☆
Hhihihihihihihihihihi I'm Jolteon, if you play Mario kart 7, you might know me I'm not a battle pro, but I do have a WIDE collection of pokemon on pokemon white ;3 Hopefully I'll feel teh welcomez here
Old March 6th, 2013 (06:58 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Hey there Jolteon, nice to have you with us!
I hope you are starting to feel the welcomez

Old March 6th, 2013 (09:11 AM).

Hi my name is William. I am new here. I have been a member at gamefaq for the last month. Are the rules here any different?
Old March 6th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by pokemonzero:
Hi my name is William. I am new here. I have been a member at gamefaq for the last month. Are the rules here any different?
Welcome to PC William. I don't know the rules of Gamefaq so I can't tell you.

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
Old March 6th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Are the rules here any different?
Best thing you can do is check out the rules posted in the forum
But welcome to the forums and make yourself at home!!

Old March 6th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Simple Fangirl

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MiniBubblechu
Hello!

I'm fairly new to PC. :p

A little about myself? Hey, why not
In short, I am a..

Video gamer, Pokemon-crazed, internet-surfing, Kpop loving teenager!
I like to sing & dance (even though I don't find myself too good at it..).
For music, I like to listen to k-pop, all genres of rock and metal, instrumental music and the music of nature, like rain/thunder. c:
I'm a pretty calm and reserved person, so I'm actually not very social.. I think I'm alright at it though. I'm super friendly, and I don't like to bite, unless it's trolls or very idiotic people, hehehe.

Oh.. and... I'm madly in love with boyband Super Junior~ ◕◡◕

But please, let's all try to avoid conflict, yes? :D

Humm.. I think that's all. :p Don't want to say to much about myself!

Don't be afraid to message me if you wish to chat or make friends! c:

Thankies! c:
Old March 6th, 2013 (09:38 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by MiniBubblechu:
Hello!

A little about myself? Hey, why not
In short, I am a..

For music, I like to listen to k-pop, all genres of rock and metal, instrumental music and the music of nature, like rain/thunder. c:
I'm a pretty calm and reserved person, so I'm actually not very social.. I think I'm alright at it though. I'm super friendly, and I don't like to bite, unless it's trolls or very idiotic people, hehehe.

Thankies! c:
Hi there MiniBubblechu, and welcome!

I have to say you look like a sweetie, I'm sorta like that as well, I have trouble with social life as well so I joined this humble site 2 years ago to make friends and talk with fellow Pokefans.

I've never listened to any K-Pop (does Gangnam Style count?) but it looks so colorful and happy, should give it a listen someday hahahaha.

Anyways, name's Hikari. I'm a 20-year-old from Australia. I'm female and have been a Pokemon fan since the age of 7. Fave Pokemon is Oshawott, and I love anything cute, adorable and downright hilarious. If you're wondering about my green username, it's because I'm a PC Supporter, who are basically members who get extra stuff like profile customization, blogs, access to special parts of the forum and such. I've been Tier 4 for around 25 days and after that I was upgraded to my current Tier 5 rank. I love being a PC Supporter cos it makes me care about this forum more, and I was glad I was given it as a birthday gift last year since I can't even donate the money required for Supporter.

I don't bite at all, so just send me a visitor message. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya!
Old March 6th, 2013 (11:00 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Hey there MiniBubblechu!
Your intro was so cute and well written, i thought I would drop by and welcome you to the forum
Im pretty new myself and i can tell you you are gonna have a lot of fun and make new friends in no time!
Everybody i have met so far has been nothing but nice and helpful, so dont worry about chatting up some people, just be yourself and have fun!
So what was your first Pokemon Game? Any favorite Pokemon we should know about?
Ill see you around

Old March 7th, 2013 (12:49 PM).

Oi! Brand new here. Love Pokemon and figure as I go off to college I'd like to meet some people here I can play with every once and a while because all my Pokemon-playing friends are staying here. Or whatever. Hit me up sometime, maybe we can battle/trade.
Old March 7th, 2013 (01:04 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Niklauss:
Oi! Brand new here. Love Pokemon and figure as I go off to college I'd like to meet some people here I can play with every once and a while because all my Pokemon-playing friends are staying here. Or whatever. Hit me up sometime, maybe we can battle/trade.
Hi Niklauss, and welcome!

If you were looking for fellow Pokemon fans to talk to, you definitely came to the right place! You'll make loads of new friends here, and since you're a keen trader and battler, why not check out our Trade Corner and Battle Center sections of the forum. Both are teeming with activity, and there's also a Pokemon Showdown server you can check out. I'm OshyHikari there if you're looking for me. (OshyHikari stands for Oshawott Hikari, and I love Oshawott, so it fits)

If you ever need anything, feel free to send me a visitor message!
Old March 13th, 2013 (04:23 AM).

Hey I'm Nate and I'm new I love pokemon have done for years! I like playing the retro games and am trying to get them again starting from blue and red if I can. Generally I use a water starter but sometimes I use fire. Anyway hi!! Feel free to message me to chat.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi
Old March 13th, 2013 (04:30 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by PrinceTogepi:
Hey I'm Nate and I'm new I love pokemon have done for years! I like playing the retro games and am trying to get them again starting from blue and red if I can. Generally I use a water starter but sometimes I use fire. Anyway hi!! Feel free to message me to chat.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi
Hey Nate, nice to have you with us!
If you love Pokemon this is definitely the site to be, there are plenty of boards to check out and see.
I love to replay the games too, i think I've played evey Generation about 5 times
For me it's the other way around, i always pick the Fire Starter and sometimes the Water type.
Anyways, i hope you fun and i'm looking forward to see you around! :D

Old March 13th, 2013 (03:15 PM).
CEO & Owner of VoVillia Corp.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi
Hey Nate, it's nice to meet someone that has a similar philosophy with Pokemon games as me! :D
Old March 16th, 2013 (11:05 PM).
Find your niche.
Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Welcome to PC, guys!

Quote originally posted by Zorogami:
Yeah im having a great time :D
Sure, we can definitely become friends!
i haven't really talked to another member since i joined, so that would be cool :)
I sure hope this last bit has changed! You've been a pretty cool member thus far, particularly here at NU/W. :D

Quote originally posted by Jolteon82☆:
Hhihihihihihihihihihi I'm Jolteon, if you play Mario kart 7, you might know me :P I'm not a battle pro, but I do have a WIDE collection of pokemon on pokemon white ;3 Hopefully I'll feel teh welcomez here :P
I don't play Mario Kart 7 because I don't have a 3DS yet, but if I did, then it would be awesome to see someone well-known in that fanbase. You don't have to be a pro battler or anything to enjoy this place. And even if it were, catching lots of Pokémon is an accomplishment enough~ I hope you're having a good time in this ol' Pokémon forum of ours. :)

Hey there William! The rules here are probably a little different compared to the ones they have at GameFAQs. We're both basically forums / boards in the Internet, but PC has tons of differences. There are section-specific rules, signature rules, account rules, profile rules and for some, blog rules. Plus we tend to have discussions for stuff outside of the games. Still, they're all easily found everywhere, because on literally every page you can access the forum-wide rules, and the most up-to-date section-specific rules are stickied on top of the section's page for your convenience. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here even with these rules, because rules aren't everything this place has to offer. :P

Quote originally posted by MiniBubblechu:
Hello! ^_^

A little about myself? Hey, why not :)
In short, I am a..

Thankies! c:
This looks like an intro thread. XD; Since you haven't made your own intro thread yet, I could turn this post into a separate thread if you'd like! Or if you're more comfortable with the New Users' Hangout instead, then that's fine too! I'm not a K-pop fan, but I have a lot of friends in real life who are. From what I've heard, the artists themselves work hard for their fans, and they went through a lot to get there, so it's all good. Those friends I have are pretty fun to be with, too. ;)

I hope you're liking the forum so far! And get into many interesting places of the forum as much as you can! If you need any help, just approach us. :) And if you'd like to make friends, then you shouldn't be afraid to message other people if you wish to chat or make friends, too! :D Welcome to the forums~

Quote originally posted by Niklauss:
Hiya! For that purpose, a visit to the Battle Center and the Trade Corner (which Hikari has already linked, haha) would probably be on your top priority list. If you have the time though, try to branch out of the forum and see if you could enjoy more people's company! There's also PC's battle server if you haven't seen it yet. With your interests, I think you'll like that place. Because a lot of us server regulars certainly do.

I hope to see you there, Niklauss! And elsewhere around the forums, of course.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi
Hey there, Nate! Well what do you know! I'm also a fan of retro games, I've loved Pokémon for years as well, and I generally use the Water-type starter, and then the Fire-type one. Haha. I don't know much about cosplay but if you enjoy it that much then I'm all for it! The Togepi line is pretty cool, after all. Make lots of friends here, alright? And don't be afraid to get yourself out there.
Old March 16th, 2013 (11:09 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Ps yes I cosplay togepi
Hi Nate, and welcome to PC.

Nice to see you replaying all your old Pokemon games, it's always fun playing again and comparing to the newer games to see what's changed. And I love Water-types best as far as starters go, especially Oshawott. I just totally adore that blue otter, even the username I use on PC's Pokemon Showdown battle simulator is based on Oshawott.

And yeah, I'd be happy to talk to you anytime! Just shout me a VM, but be warned, I can get a bit crazy.
Old March 17th, 2013 (03:39 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Cid:
I sure hope this last bit has changed! You've been a pretty cool member thus far, particularly here at NU/W. :D
This has definitely changed since i joined, I've met a bunch of cool and friendly people already!
Everyone is so nice around here, love to meet new members every day and getting to know them :D
And thanks! i try to be as active as possible, since I'm having so much fun on here, and greeting new members is something i like to do, to make them feel welcome, as not so long ago others made me feel

Old March 17th, 2013 (04:59 AM).

Hey, brand new here, too. Well, almost. I registered three days ago, but the site got a new layout in the meantime so I kinda feel like an old member now

Quote:
Love Pokemon and figure as I go off to college I'd like to meet some people here I can play with every once and a while because all my Pokemon-playing friends are staying here.
I go to college too, but I have literally no pokemon-playing friends. I've tried to convert some of them, but without much success. One of the reasons I joined. People have been really nice with welcomes and such.

I don't really favor any type of starter, in fact I usually have a difficult time choosing. The X and Y ones look great! I think I'm going with the plant this time...
Old March 17th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Da_Man32:
I go to college too, but I have literally no pokemon-playing friends. I've tried to convert some of them, but without much success.

I don't really favor any type of starter, in fact I usually have a difficult time choosing. The X and Y ones look great! I think I'm going with the plant this time...
I feel pretty much the same, i really don't know anyone who plays pokemon anymore, that's the reason i joined myself, and i wanted to try some challenges and hacks. Luckily enough, i found this site, which has been a blast of fun so far! :D

I think i might pick Chespin too this time, although they all look really cool! I guess it all depends on what 2nd type their evolutions will get

Old March 17th, 2013 (05:56 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Hi guys! I'm Desmond, but some people call me Moon Bear thanks to ASDF movie. Anywho, I live in Alabama and like long walks and fresh flowers. Nah, just kidding. I love Pokemon and have since I was little. I just found out about PC and I flipped out! Nice to meet everyone!
Charmander hurt itself in it's confusion!
Old March 17th, 2013 (08:50 AM).

Zoro, really? I thought you liked fire types.

I actually think Chespin might get a secondary fighting type. I don't know, it's the way he waves his hands around I guess
Old March 17th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
miau

Nature: Docile
*drives up in expensive car*

I have just found out about PC. While I was looking for somewhere to get trades.
I look forward to meeting you!

blog

currently looking for shinies!
Old March 17th, 2013 (09:25 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Da_Man32:
Zoro, really? I thought you liked fire types.

I actually think Chespin might get a secondary fighting type. I don't know, it's the way he waves his hands around I guess
Correction, i absolutely LOVE fire types :D And to add some more controversy, Grass is my least favorite type out of all 17 xD i just thought i might try something new this generation, plus i think Chespin has the coolest design so far. He really might become a Fighting type, i'm hoping for Rock or Ground
But who am i kidding, i'll probably end up picking Fennekin anyway Fire Starters, they just get to me

Old March 17th, 2013 (09:38 AM).
majorah man
Administrator

I've a tradition of not using any starters but Water type for my first playthrough but this time round, I reckon I'll be changing that. I don't like Froakie or Chespinn quite as much honestly. I usually hate the Fire starters but Fennekin is just aaaaaaaa.

Also, welcome to PC guys! Nice to see you all here.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)