The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
Oh. Hi Chris! It's nice to see someone from Austria come to here.
Have fun and enjoy! :D
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Nature: Quirky
Hello Chris, and welcome to PC!

Wow, you're Austrian? We have loads of people from around the globe coming here every day. I do hope you enjoy your time here, and remember to read the rules or ask any moderators if you need help!

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old June 17th, 2013, 07:09 AM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
Yay, another germanspeaking person... I know there's quite a different in terms of accents and stuff, but do you usually write german the normal way or is it an austrian dialect like the swiss with their completely incomprehensible dialect for non-swiss people?

I know you guys don't say stuff like brötchen, you use Semmeln instead, for example... Oh well, welcome to the forums!

btw hikari, following you on tumblr now.
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Giganomix
Now with free cake!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Giganomix
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and I have played Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Black! My favorite Pokemon are Infernape and Giratina.
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:09 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
Hello there Giganomix welcome to PC. my name is Diab and am happy to welcome you to the best Pokémon community in the world please if you have any questions feel free to vm me
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganomix View Post
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and I have played Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Black! My favorite Pokemon are Infernape and Giratina.
Hi Giganomix, and welcome!

I loved Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Black, 4th and 5th Generation housed a lot of my fave Pokemon games, and if you want to discuss them I advise you head over to the Fourth Generation and Fifth Generation sections, which have some good topics on both games.

Have fun, and remember that we have staff members like Cirno who can help you anytime!

Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Whyvile
Questions the typing

'Ello all! I'm an AMERICAN user who utterly adores Gen 2/5. Like, seriously, I'm still trying to find something wrong with those games.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
0xTidusx0
Unhatched Egg

Hi there !
I'm 0xTidus, and i love Pokémon (Gen I & II) =))
Uh.. and, my fav Poké is Haunter, Gengar and Ghastly. lol!
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
The Sly Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyvile View Post
'Ello all! I'm an AMERICAN user who utterly adores Gen 2/5. Like, seriously, I'm still trying to find something wrong with those games.
Hey there! Welcome to PC! Great to have you join us. Generation 2 is my all time favorite! Johto is the best, and all my favorite Pokemon are from that generation. The games were also the best since there was so much to do! 16 gyms and 2 regions? I don't see how anyone could hate Gen 2! You can try to find something wrong with them, but you won't :3 Anyway, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xTidusx0 View Post
Hi there ! ^^
I'm 0xTidus, and i love Pokémon (Gen I & II) =))
Uh.. and, my fav Poké is Haunter, Gengar and Ghastly. lol!
And a hello to you as well! Another fan of Gen 2? This makes me really happy. Gen 1 is also great. I love the Ghastly evolutionary line too, with Gengar being my favorite of the three. A great member to have on your team. As I said with Whyvile, if you need anything, do not hesitate to ask (:
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sheraku

Nature: Quiet
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, still pretty new here. Lookin' for an open or new RP, anybody got a suggestion?
-Team Rocket Kumori Sheraku
Pokemon: Dissappearing Souls
-Corrupt Champion Tsuya Tougen
Pokemon: Hollow Shadows
-Mawile Knight Marek Reiketsukan
Monster Art Online [Remake]
-Grinder Tabris (Cody Martin Ascher)

Last edited by Sheraku; June 24th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Minerva
the S I R E N S are calling

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraku View Post
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, still pretty new here. Lookin' for an open or new RP, anybody got a suggestion?
Hey there and welcome! You should visit the Roleplay Corner if you are looking for a roleplay! The community there is really fun and you'll love it there. The subforum right next to it has the OOC threads where you can ask to see if the roleplay is taking any spots. I'm sure you'll find one! Good luck and have fun!

Also, feel free to drop me a PM if you need help with general roleplay. I'm a retired player but I'd love to help! Again, have fun!
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM
PandaBoy
gotta catch 'em all

Hi everyone, I signed up here today!! :D

Old June 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Minerva
the S I R E N S are calling

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBoy View Post
Hi everyone, I signed up here today!! :D
Hooray! Nice to see ya here & welcome! You'll definitely like it here. Don't forget to read the rules first before you jump in, and the staff in bold names are always around if you need any help!

Have fun & hope everything is going well. :D
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Rasamaphoo
Ain't nobody got time fo this!

Send a message via Skype™ to Rasamaphoo
Hello!
I am Rasamaphoo! I'm new! (That's why I'm posting here. Ugh, I am not the best at Intro posts...) You can call me Ras for short.
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasamaphoo View Post
Hello!
I am Rasamaphoo! I'm new! (That's why I'm posting here. Ugh, I am not the best at Intro posts...) You can call me Ras for short.
Hi there Ras, welcome to PC!

I know we have quite a few Canadians here, so you're definitely not alone. We get people from all over the world so you'll soon notice how different everyone is. Don't worry if you can't make great introductions, at least you'll enjoy PC a lot.

Have fun and remember to read the rules or ask a moderator for help!

Old June 25th, 2013, 10:14 PM
NealCaffrey

Hi everyone, I'm NealCaffrey! I've been a big fan of Pokémon for years now and this forum looks great.
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealCaffrey View Post
Hi everyone, I'm NealCaffrey! I've been a big fan of Pokémon for years now and this forum looks great.
And a big hello to you too Neal, welcome!

If you joined for being a Pokemon fan, you were damn right. We have loads of sections dedicated to Pokemon, and also the non-Pokemon stuff too. I heavily advise checking out the following boards here: Current Generation Pokemon Gaming for 5th Gen and also the upcoming X & Y, General Pokemon Gaming for 1st to 4th Gen, and also spinoffs and challenges, as well as Alternative Pokemon Discussions for all Pokemon topics not relating to the games, but other parts of the franchise. I'm sure all will keep you busy for a while.

Have fun, and remember to ask a moderator if you have any questions!

Old June 26th, 2013, 01:43 AM
PandaBoy
gotta catch 'em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Hooray! Nice to see ya here & welcome! You'll definitely like it here. Don't forget to read the rules first before you jump in, and the staff in bold names are always around if you need any help!

Have fun & hope everything is going well. :D
Thaanks :D

I just have one problem
I cant go to the social groups. The error says that I dont have veryfied my account (which I have done three times by now) or I try to change another members post (which I dont want to do, because I am not a hacker).

Someone please help me

Old June 26th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBoy View Post
Thaanks :D

I just have one problem :(
I cant go to the social groups. The error says that I dont have veryfied my account (which I have done three times by now) or I try to change another members post (which I dont want to do, because I am not a hacker).

Someone please help me :(
That's odd cause I'm sure we don't have social groups.From what I heard, we used to, but they were removed and replaced with Clubs which can be found here and here. Unless you mean something else. Can you elaborate?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealCaffrey View Post
Welcome to PC Neal! I don't have much time to post alot but Hikari basically said what I was gonna say. Current Generation Pokemon Gaming and General Pokemon Gaming cover pretty much all things on Pokemon gaming. There's also Pokemon General who just recently got two new mods, Brendino and Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers who are really nice and friendly! Pokemon General is for all things related that aren't covered anywhere else. So in away , it's just for Pokemon in general as a franchise!And Clubs are also a good way to interact with people as well. I post links to those forums above in my response to PandaBoy.

I hope you can enjoy yourself here Neal and have lots of fun talking about Pokemon and making new friends!

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Last edited by Kouzan; June 26th, 2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mr.Munchlax

I was a member of Serebii forums for years, but I came here since they were recently hacked by a website called Root In a Box. Can anyone give me a crash course on the basics of this site?

Name: Dale Hudson
Idols: Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Wallace, Lance
Hometown: Aspertia City, Unova, USA
School: Aspertia Academy
Class Rank: 17 out of 17 students
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
I was a member of Serebii forums for years, but I came here since they were recently hacked by a website called Root In a Box. Can anyone give me a crash course on the basics of this site?
Ugh, I heard some sites were hacked :(

Well, if you come from Serebii, you should already know the basics of how a forum works. Welcome to PokéCommunity! Here, we strive to be as friendly as possible and have a good time. There are tons of different sections to post in, all depending on your interests and what you feel like at the moment.

For example, our most popular sections are probably the current gaming ones, featuring the X&Y speculations as well as help with trading and battling in the 5th generation games. Then we of course have a major hacking section which lures a lot of new members to PC ;)

But we also have talk about the previous generations of pokémon games as well as the spinoffs, the anime, the TCG and even the manga. And should you just like to chat about something pokémon related that isn't specific to any of those sections, you always have Pokémon General as a catch-all. I am one of the moderators there!

If you just feel like talking casually, or maybe debate the issues of the world today, or maybe just play a few forum games or join a club, we have a lot of offtopic sections where you can always go to find something random to talk about.

And last but not least, we have many popular creative sections for your writing, your art and your roleplaying spirits.

I hope you will find some place you really like on PC and that you will keep coming back even if Serebii turns out to be fine again. Ask a moderator or a seasoned member if there is ever anything you wonder - we don't bite! See you around.

somebody called for the Doctor?
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis
- Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers -

Old June 28th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
Yeah we've had several Pokemon forums hacked lately, thank god PC wasn't targeted yet.

But hi, welcome to PC! Like what Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers said, if you've had forum experience before you'll learn how PC works. Unlike Serebii, we have customizable profiles and very helpful staff members. I do hope you have a great time here and ask those moderators in the blue whenever you need help!

Old June 28th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Rizardon

Send a message via Skype™ to Rizardon
Hello all, I'm new here even though my join date is 2008.
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
Hello all, I'm new here even though my join date is 2008.
Hi Rizardon! It's never too late to introduce even though your join date is 2008. I think you could talk to us if you don't mind. Welcome back to PC!
Old June 28th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Rizardon

Send a message via Skype™ to Rizardon
Thanks Wind Heart

I heard some forums like smogon are being hacked. It surprises me that the forum that I went to, hasn't been hacked yet.

Last edited by Rizardon; July 2nd, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links