Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Reload this Page New Users' Hangout

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread

Old August 7th, 2013 (01:57 PM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by HeyLoro:
Hello everyone~
I just joined a little while ago and I saw this thread so I thought I'd drop in to chat.
Have to go in a few minutes so if I poof, sorry.
Well I'm glad you found this thread because it's essentially a chit-chat thread for you newbies, but also the older members post here so you can get to know a few people. Have fun here at PC and I do hope to see you around!

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old August 7th, 2013 (02:19 PM).
So shiny!

Nature: Bashful
Okay, thank you Hikari for the info.
Old August 7th, 2013 (02:20 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Hello everyone~
I just joined a little while ago and I saw this thread so I thought I'd drop in to chat.
Hey there! Welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's nice to meet you! Feel free to contact us here on staff if you need help with anything! Hope you enjoy your stay here as well!
Old August 7th, 2013 (02:24 PM).
So shiny!

Quote originally posted by ZachLMedia:
Hey there! Welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's nice to meet you! Feel free to contact us here on staff if you need help with anything! Hope you enjoy your stay here as well!
Thank you as well Zach for the info.
Old August 7th, 2013 (02:41 PM).

Hello. My name is PokeHacks11. I came here to find people to help me with my Pokemon hack. I've never hacked a Pokemon game before. I figured I would hack a rom of Pokemon Leaf Green. Please message me if you want to help.
Old August 7th, 2013 (02:57 PM).
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Hello everyone~
Hey there Loro! Welcome to PC!
You're username reminds me of the show Hey Arnold! Lol I loved that show. :)

See ya and have fun here!
It's looks like you're starting to settle in which is good.
Quote originally posted by PokeHacks11:
Hello. My name is PokeHacks11. I came here to find people to help me with my Pokemon hack. I've never hacked a Pokemon game before. I figured I would hack a rom of Pokemon Leaf Green. Please message me if you want to help.
Hello PokeHack11!

If you need help with Pokemon hacks,the best place to go is the Emulation & ROM Hacking section. I don't know anything about hacks so I can't help you out personally, but there's many regulars of that of section who can help you and there's also a tutorials sub-forum there which is the best place to learn and help you on hack. If you need more help, you can contact any of the moderators of the section, DrFuji and giradialkia too as well.
Hope to see you around and have fun posting!
Old August 7th, 2013 (04:34 PM).
Fly Away

Nature: Calm
Hi guys, I'm Elixir. I made a thread, but I just wanted to pop in here and say hi to everyone! :)
I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. The community seems lovely.
Old August 7th, 2013 (07:51 PM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
What's up everyone! Welcome to PC. So many new members calls for a cute smiley! (★^O^★) Glad a lot of you guys have made intro threads already and have been welcomed personally to the forum. :)

PokeHacks11, you'll find all the information you need and more over at our Emulation board! There are a lot of hackers popping in every day so finding someone who can help you out won't be too much of a problem. There's a wonderful little thread called team recruitment where you can recruit helpers to assist with your game; why not check that out, yeah?
Old August 7th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Elixir.:
Hi guys, I'm Elixir. I made a thread, but I just wanted to pop in here and say hi to everyone! :)
Your avatar and siggy is so adorable! Skyla is so pretty :D

Welcome aboard. You will defo enjoy it here, like Cirny mentioned, don't hesitate to ask any questions. She's always around to help out & stuff, as well as many of us experienced members here too. <3

Old August 7th, 2013 (10:32 PM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Hi guys, I'm Elixir. I made a thread, but I just wanted to pop in here and say hi to everyone!
Hi again Elixir and welcome, nice to see Skyla fans around.

Like what Megan said above me, don't hesitate to contact Cirno or any other staff members if you need help because their job after all does involve helping people, and there's also the more experienced members such as Megan and myself who may also lend a hand too.

I do hope to see you stick around as an active member because you seem very friendly indeed!

Old August 8th, 2013 (01:04 AM).
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Hey there Elixir and welcome!! Yeah never be afraid to contact the staff members here cause thy're not intimidating at all. And if you ever want to talk with someone, feel free to send a VM or PM on my profile!
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
Emerald Archer

Hello everyone, I kinda just joined yesterday and thought this would be a great place to start to get to know some of the people here. I'm a bit shy at times but I hope I can get used to this place
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Quote originally posted by HallowTrainer:
Hello everyone, I kinda just joined yesterday and thought this would be a great place to start to get to know some of the people here. I'm a bit shy at times but I hope I can get used to this place ^_^
Hey there! Welcome to the forum. <3 I understand being shy since I was that way for a few months when I first joined but you'll get into the swing of things pretty fast on PC. If you're ever in doubt, talk to me since I'm an expert on shyness, baha. :D; Hope you have an amazing time on PokeCommunity, Hallow!
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Hello everyone, I kinda just joined yesterday and thought this would be a great place to start to get to know some of the people here. I'm a bit shy at times but I hope I can get used to this place
You'll very well get used to this place and love it! :D Welcome to PC, Hallow~! n_n I'm Zach and it's nice to meet you! I didn't talk much when I first joined but I just got very active this year and I've been here for 3! Hop you enjoy it here!
Old August 8th, 2013 (02:18 PM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Hi there, and welcome to PC!

My good buddies Cirno and Zach have already welcomed you, but that won't stop me from welcoming you too. Like what Zach said, you will definitely love PC because we have a wide range of topics to discuss and people who you can meet. I'm Hikari (that's not my real name though) and I do hope to see you around the forums!

Old August 8th, 2013 (06:13 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Hi I'm Dabootyswag and if that is to inappropriate then just call me David. I'm new on this site but from what I've seen so far, it's a good site full of good people. More about me I'm 15 and I live in fresno California. I'm always lookin to make a good friend
Message me on Skype. My username is "Dabootyswag"
This will be on a Emulator
So who wants to play?
Old August 8th, 2013 (07:02 PM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Quote originally posted by Dabootyswag:
Hi I'm Dabootyswag and if that is to inappropriate then just call me David. I'm new on this site but from what I've seen so far, it's a good site full of good people. More about me I'm 15 and I live in fresno California. I'm always lookin to make a good friend
'Sup David! I think your username is totally fine but I'll go with David since it's easier for me to remember. n~n; Glad to see you're enjoying things here so far! You're quite lucky to be in California though gosh.. I'd love to go and perhaps live there myself some day. One of my friends is really pushing me to check out San Francisco, haha.

Anyways, have an amazing time and let a staff member know if you ever need any help! :)
Old August 9th, 2013 (02:36 AM). Edited August 9th, 2013 by Limerent.
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Dabootyswag:
Oh Cali, the land of cheesey movies and even cheesier adult ones. Hi dabootyswag, your name isn't inappropriate at all! Everyone appreciates a good booty, especially if it got SWAG Yo. Mmmmmm. We get tourism commercials here depicting Cali as full of happy people, sunny beaches and fantastic mountains but i'm guessing it's mostly just arid land and unemployment. I heard your public school year got slashed by 20 days because you they couldn't afford to run them. It'd be really weird going to an American school, given how stereotyped the different tiers of social class are and also you get fed cheeseburgers in a cafeteria and don't wear uniforms... We do wear uniforms and bring our own lunch to school and eat it in the playground :D

I'm going to see if you have an introduction thread and post in it now cause you seem cool
EDIT: Oh, it got closed for abundant amounts of swag, nevermind. I'll add you on Skype though.
Old August 9th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
So shiny!

Quote originally posted by O07_eleven:
Oh Cali, the land of cheesey movies and even cheesier adult ones. Hi dabootyswag, your name isn't inappropriate at all! Everyone appreciates a good booty, especially if it got SWAG Yo. Mmmmmm. We get tourism commercials here depicting Cali as full of happy people, sunny beaches and fantastic mountains but i'm guessing it's mostly just arid land and unemployment. I heard your public school year got slashed by 20 days because you they couldn't afford to run them. It'd be really weird going to an American school, given how stereotyped the different tiers of social class are and also you get fed cheeseburgers in a cafeteria and don't wear uniforms... We do wear uniforms and bring our own lunch to school and eat it in the playground :D

I'm going to see if you have an introduction thread and post in it now cause you seem cool
EDIT: Oh, it got closed for abundant amounts of swag, nevermind. I'll add you on Skype though.
Uh...what was that about?
I'm pretty sure America isn't the only country with stereotypes & non-uniform schools.
Old August 9th, 2013 (07:21 AM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Cali isn't all about the swag or the movies. It's about the beaches and the nice weather. Sadly I live in the desert part of it and it...kinda sucks and I am willing to move out of state to experience something new. :D

Old August 9th, 2013 (08:33 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Uh...what was that about?
I'm pretty sure America isn't the only country with stereotypes & non-uniform schools.
I'm pretty sure most 1st world countries do have uniforms, if not in primary school then definitely in high school. And your stereotypes are deeply ingrained in entertainment & the media, much moreso than say a Russian school, there's a very strong idea of what the culture is in the schools and the society overall. Not to say everything you see or read is accurate but there's a base for everything. Anywaayyyy...

@Meganium90 of course, people are people anywhere in the world and the glitz of movies and whole swag thing would only be a small minority... I have 2 Cali friends that live in a little town called Susanville, maybe you've heard of it? Their economy is dependent on the prison industry, such nice neighbours to have...

You should move to Australia, we're also blessed with wonderful weather and beautiful sandy beaches all along the coast, although that climate is only around the coast, the vast majority of inland Australia is scorching hot, flat, desert, we are the driest continent on Earth, definitely not what you want! No NASCAR either, maybe you'd do better in Ohio or something idk...
Old August 9th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
So shiny!

Quote originally posted by O07_eleven:
I'm pretty sure most 1st world countries do have uniforms, if not in primary school then definitely in high school. And your stereotypes are deeply ingrained in entertainment & the media, much moreso than say a Russian school, there's a very strong idea of what the culture is in the schools and the society overall. Not to say everything you see or read is accurate but there's a base for everything. Anywaayyyy...
Unless you go to a private school, most schools around here don't have uniforms, not even for high school. I believe it should be left that way, personally. Uniforms are bleh.
But sadly yes most of our country is dominated by pop culture. But that's not to say other countries can't be like that too.
Old August 9th, 2013 (10:43 AM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Well I have a PC friend that lives in Ohio, but we both want to move to either Bristol or Talladega if we ever decide to room together. :D Australia sounds niiiiiiice though! I'd die listening to the most amazing accent ever! <3

Susanville...that's up in northern cali. My dad is in northern cali right now on a business trip...he might pass by there when he goes to Reno this weekend.

Old August 9th, 2013 (11:19 AM).

Does anyone know how to change your time zone?
Old August 9th, 2013 (11:50 AM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Quote originally posted by PokeHacks11:
Does anyone know how to change your time zone?
Just go into your user control panel and click "edit options". Scroll down to Date & Time Options and you'll be able to change it there! :) Or click this link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)