Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 9th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Rob Ketchum:
Hey guys, Rob here. I'm relatively new. This seems like a cool forum, and people are pretty helpful.

Off topic, I'm one of the few who start off with Bulbasaur haha
I started off with Bulbasaur too, especially in my first red playthough. I'm a huge fan of grass-type starters so I always went with Bulbasaur. <3

Happy to see ya here btw. <3

Old September 10th, 2013 (12:30 PM).
KidCarter93
PokéTech Guy

Nature: Jolly
Even though I'm not exactly new here, I'm not exactly a PC veteran either so I figured I'd finally make a post in this thread

As I mentioned in my introduction thread, back in June, I've always been a frequent visit to this forum since around 07/08 but decided to finally make an account after all those years. I wish I'd created my account back when I first found out about PC so that I could've been more involved with the community throughout that time + I didn't have internet access back then (apart from at my local library) so I didn't really want to create an account and simply leave it dormant for months and months on end.
Now that I'm here though, there's now nothing stopping me getting more involved which is exactly what I plan on doing.

My main area of interest on here is the Emulation section as a lot of the great hacks are simply much better than their official counterparts. It's always good to be able to actually "Catch 'em all" without the need to trade aswell, so I mainly play the 386 kinda hacks. The storylines are generally much better aswell as they involve more events aswell as a great backstory.

I'm gradually finding my way around more sub-forums so I imagine that my post count will soon start skyrocketing.
I look forward to getting to know you guys better and getting involved more. If you'd like to know anything else about me or simply like to have a chat and make friends, feel free to drop me a VM and I'll get back toyou ASAP (it may take a while sometimes though because of rubbish working hours :/ )

- James
Old September 10th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
raltvus
PoCker

Nature: Calm
Hello, i'm RaltVus (Reference of my 2 of my favorites pokemon: Ralts and Misdreavus) i am new but my açount here i think already have 2 months i think, but i don' have time to post!!!
I'm registred in Skeetendo because i like more hacks of GSC but i decide to create a açount here to follow the other PoCkers (i mean Pokemon Hackers)(sorry but i like junctions of words)!!!
Ending this post, i like so much PokeCommunity like i like skeetendo and is it all!!!
Thnx...oh i'm waiting 4 the final Sterling Silver that i like this hack (was love at the first saw) and the pokemon ET2ndGEN of RED!!!
Old September 10th, 2013 (09:55 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Could have sworn that I've seen you before, KidCarter, but nonetheless, you're still technically new at least. :D Welcome aboard (or welcome back for that matter!). & Hopefully you can stick around & stuff! :)

I'm sure the emulation section will keep you company when it comes to starting a project. Hope you find everything you need and don't hesitate to ask questions alright?

Quote originally posted by raltvus:
Hello, i'm RaltVus (Reference of my 2 of my favorites pokemon: Ralts and Misdreavus) i am new but my açount here i think already have 2 months i think, but i don' have time to post!!!
I'm registred in Skeetendo because i like more hacks of GSC but i decide to create a açount here to follow the other PoCkers (i mean Pokemon Hackers)(sorry but i like junctions of words)!!!
Ending this post, i like so much PokeCommunity like i like skeetendo and is it all!!!
Thnx...oh i'm waiting 4 the final Sterling Silver that i like this hack (was love at the first saw) and the pokemon ET2ndGEN of RED!!!
Don't worry about your urge to post. I understand school tends to eat us up and take over our daily lives and that's okay, really! If you want, here's a tip: Just log on once a week if possible, maybe on a weekend day. That way you can balance school, life and internet. It's easy. :)

Enjoy the hacks, and welcome aboard! :)

Old September 11th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
KidCarter93
PokéTech Guy

Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
Could have sworn that I've seen you before, KidCarter, but nonetheless, you're still technically new at least. :D Welcome aboard (or welcome back for that matter!). & Hopefully you can stick around & stuff!
Yeah you have. You welcomed me on my introduction post that I made a few months back
I just figured I'd post a similar thing in here aswell considering that I'm starting to find my way around more of the forum now
Old September 11th, 2013 (01:24 PM).
raltvus
PoCker

Could have sworn that I've seen you before, KidCarter, but nonetheless, you're still technically new at least. :D Welcome aboard (or welcome back for that matter!). & Hopefully you can stick around & stuff!

I'm sure the emulation section will keep you company when it comes to starting a project. Hope you find everything you need and don't hesitate to ask questions alright?

Don't worry about your urge to post. I understand school tends to eat us up and take over our daily lives and that's okay, really! If you want, here's a tip: Just log on once a week if possible, maybe on a weekend day. That way you can balance school, life and internet. It's easy.

Enjoy the hacks, and welcome aboard!
Thnx 4 the words and i'll take the tips you giveto me!!!
Now a foolish ask:
What is that image in your signature? i'm very curious!!!
Old September 11th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Oh! That's just a random cat gif I found on tumblr. I get a few cat gifs posted every day and when I find one that's so adorable, I usually post/save them. :D As for avatar, it's Luke Bryan <3

Old September 11th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Hello Raltvus, welcome!

I have to say awesome name you got there, I love those "hybrid" usernames and I tended to use a bit of them on Pokemon Showdown. If you want hacks, you should check out the Emulation & ROM Hacking section which has all you need if you want to make your own hacks. But yeah, have fun here at PC!
Old September 11th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
awolfsquared
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Welcome to PC Raltvus!!

I hope you can come as often as you can, but don't stress over posting here. I get life gets in the way and such. That's me sometimes. I get distracted and forget to post on here in almost a day haha. But that's fine! But yeah, you should definitely enjoy our ROM hacking section. You can learn so much from being there and even find a lot of new hacks to play. I've always wanted to play some ROM hacks cause they look as fun as the real games sometimes!

Anyway, have a ton of fun here. If you just need a person to talk with, I'm available to chat. Just VM me (or visitor's message) in my profile. See ya!
#704 Goomy
Supporter Collab January 2015
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old September 11th, 2013 (09:46 PM). Edited September 11th, 2013 by raltvus.
raltvus
PoCker

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Hello Raltvus, welcome!

I have to say awesome name you got there, I love those "hybrid" usernames and I tended to use a bit of them on Pokemon Showdown. If you want hacks, you should check out the Emulation & ROM Hacking section which has all you need if you want to make your own hacks. But yeah, have fun here at PC!
thnx 4 theelogies and thnx, i know that i'll enjoy so much the rom hack section!!!

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
Welcome to PC Raltvus!!

I hope you can come as often as you can, but don't stress over posting here. I get life gets in the way and such. That's me sometimes. I get distracted and forget to post on here in almost a day haha. But that's fine! But yeah, you should definitely enjoy our ROM hacking section. You can learn so much from being there and even find a lot of new hacks to play. I've always wanted to play some ROM hacks cause they look as fun as the real games sometimes!

Anyway, have a ton of fun here. If you just need a person to talk with, I'm available to chat. Just VM me (or visitor's message) in my profile. See ya!
haha thnx i can see that i'll luv to be here you all are very funny and cool!!!
Old September 12th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
MrJiiun

Hi! I already made a post in this section, but I said ''whatever, I can do a little post here'' so that's what im doing >:D

As I said in my thread, I'm a boy, 13 years old, and I love so much Pokemon, I have been playing since my fathers gave me a GameBoy Advance, at my 5th birthday <3.

Anyways I never tought that the battling in Pokemon was so advanced back then. I just used to beat the game and collect all the Pokemon, but, only a few years ago, I decided to try the Wi-Fi. Traded some Pokes, and fight alot. Every Wi-Fi battle was lost, but I still liked playing. With the time I got bored.

And this year, with the X & Y games coming out soon, I get back in the Pokemon World. And now I want to learn how to play Pokemon correctly in Wi-Fi.

That's my super-short post. And, forgot to mention something, i'm Spanish, just sayin'.

*Trying to create a nice team to battle*
-You failed-
Ill try harder then. ~~Jiiun
Old September 12th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by MrJiiun:
Hi! I already made a post in this section, but I said ''whatever, I can do a little post here'' so that's what im doing >:D

As I said in my thread, I'm a boy, 13 years old, and I love so much Pokemon, I have been playing since my fathers gave me a GameBoy Advance, at my 5th birthday <3.

Anyways I never tought that the battling in Pokemon was so advanced back then. I just used to beat the game and collect all the Pokemon, but, only a few years ago, I decided to try the Wi-Fi. Traded some Pokes, and fight alot. Every Wi-Fi battle was lost, but I still liked playing. With the time I got bored.

And this year, with the X & Y games coming out soon, I get back in the Pokemon World. And now I want to learn how to play Pokemon correctly in Wi-Fi.

That's my super-short post. And, forgot to mention something, i'm Spanish, just sayin'.
Hi Jiiun and welcome to PC!

I noticed you started playing Pokemon games when you got a GBA, I went through a similar thing as well except I had only just turned 11, and I also got Pokemon Ruby and I loved it. And hence my Pokemon gaming career began, and I then got a DS Lite when I turned 16 and started playing 4th Gen and then eventually 5th Gen when I was 19. I'll be 21 next month and I still remain a fan of Pokemon today. I'm excited for X and Y as well, any thoughts on which starter you're choosing? I'll be going with Froakie for sure.

Anyways, have fun and leave me a visitor message on my profile if you want to chat!
Old September 12th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
Nolafus
The Sentinel's Sorrow

Hey Mrjiiun!

If you're into competitive battling, you should come on over to the Battle Center where that's all we talk about. I'm a huge battler myself, so you'll see me a lot there. We do everything, from talking about the meta-game, to rating eachother's teams. You should head on over and chat it up!

Edit: I got Ninjask'd by Hikari10! D:
Old September 12th, 2013 (07:02 PM). Edited September 12th, 2013 by AlakaPWNAGE.
AlakaPWNAGE
Kirito the Beater

Hi everyone! I joined somewhat recently and decided I might as well meet some more people (I'm on a hot streak of nice people ) so here is my into... I guess:

Hiya! I'm AlakaPWNAGE, but please don't call me that, it is simply too formal, my name is Dj so please call me that. I'm 14 years old (can't wait for a permit in a couple months!!) and I grew up with pokemon. My dad was a huge pokemon seller and as pokemania had begun he decided to go to Japan, by a bunch of pokeman toys :p and sell them all here, and being a child I got into it like HOTCAKES. I've played every generation and most of the side games (XD, Rescue Teams, Trozei) and I want to get back into it. If anyone wants to talk or anything about pokemon please PM me, just like Slayr231 I love recieving mail! I joined this site simply for challenges at first, then I took on some Dora and began to explore...and explore...and explore...and WOW! So much pokemon! This forum us so great so far and I hope it gets even better, and I hope to seem very outgoing and weird, but alas, I have a somewhat angry side (trolls, people who just....ugh.. and BULLIES, GOSH I HATE BULLIES) so I hope no one here fits that criteria and I hope to meet everyone possible here. THREE CHEERS FOR POKEMON!!!

Oh! That's just a random cat gif I found on tumblr. I get a few cat gifs posted every day and when I find one that's so adorable, I usually post/save them. :D As for avatar, it's Luke Bryan <3
It's so adorable, please keep it! :3
Old September 12th, 2013 (09:32 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

There's no need to worry about dang bullies here on PC! Everyone here is kind no matter what. Everyone here loves to make friends and share common interests. I know it has been really hard for you, because I myself have been hit hard with bullying in middle and high school. But it gets better, okay.

I welcome you to the community btw! It's such a great pleasure to meet you and glad to see a fellow enthusiastic Pokefan like you! Have fun okay!

Old September 13th, 2013 (12:17 AM).
awolfsquared
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Welcome to PC DJ! As my friend Megan said, you have don't have to worry about bullies here. We are a really nice community and most people on here won't judge you or hate someone just because. We are a very welcoming and accepting place honestly! It's really easy to make friends and get along with people. I'm a nice guy and will always be willing to talk to you. Feel free to send me a VM or PM anytime. :) I'm sorry you have to deal with bullies, that really sucks. I know how you feel cause I was picked on in 8th grade for being in special ed classes and having tons of pimples. People can be cruel sometimes. I also get bullied by my own older brother(I have two one older and the other younger) all the time for my weight. Yeah it's sad my own brother doesn't like me, but I get through it. It gets better, trust me.

Trust me, you should like it here, we truly are one of the nicest communities' I've ever been apart of. Hope you enjoy yourself here and see you around sir!
#704 Goomy
Supporter Collab January 2015
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old September 13th, 2013 (04:27 AM).
Arcontia End
Some random guy with pokemons

Nature: Lax
Hello people. You can call me Arcontia, or End or Arcontia End, or anyway you like. Happened to find this thread so... I have appeared. Anyway I just wanted to say hi...

Hi.
Old September 13th, 2013 (06:25 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Nature: Timid
Hi there, loves! Welcome to the wonderful world of PokeCommunity.

Dj, that's pretty awesome. :O Your dad was into Pokemon and even went to Japan to get merchandise?! Oh how I wish I had a parent like that, haha. Sounds very fun!

Quote originally posted by Arcontia End:
Hello people. You can call me Arcontia, or End or Arcontia End, or anyway you like. Happened to find this thread so... I have appeared. Anyway I just wanted to say hi...

Hi.
Hiya, Arcontia! Welcome to PC. Great that you've appeared.. just make sure not to flee away from us now, 'kay? Stick around and have a lovely stay around the community.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Old September 13th, 2013 (12:11 PM). Edited September 13th, 2013 by Rob Ketchum.
Rob Ketchum

(high five!!)

Bulbasaur is awesome, i feel that too many people jumped on charmander that they just overlooked how strong bulba actually is

Bulba is totally underrated man
Old September 13th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
MTG
Burning shooting star!

Nature: Lonely
hello everyone! i just got back of the pokemon fandom again! though this is my first time here in a pokemon forums so yeah, i'm glad to be here! :D

Coming soon on the Writing Forum! Four Wishes: Dreams
Old September 13th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
Tsutarja

Quote originally posted by MTG:
hello everyone! i just got back of the pokemon fandom again! though this is my first time here in a pokemon forums so yeah, i'm glad to be here! :D
Hey there, welcome to PC! It's okay if this is your first Pokémon forum, because PC was also my first Pokémon forum as well! (: And I'm sure you'll love it around here because we have lots to discuss with Pokémon so be sure to look around and see which areas you want to post in!

As a reminder, please be sure to look at the rules so that you know the do's-and-don'ts of PC here, and so you know what could give you infractions! If you have any questions about the forum, do not hesitate to come into a contact with anyone here on staff, whether that'd be a moderator, super moderator, and or a staff administrator, and we'd be glad to help you out anytime! n_n

Hope to see ya around, MTG! Feel free to leave a VM on my profile if you ever wish to chat with me!
Old September 13th, 2013 (12:56 PM).
MTG
Burning shooting star!

wow, thank you Zach, i feel welcomed already. thank you very much!
Old September 13th, 2013 (03:41 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by MTG:
Hello MTG and welcome!

I have to say interesting avatar you got there, it's Flint in the style of Homestuck. But yeah I do hope you have an awesome time here and make new friends. Nice to hear you decided to join us as your first Pokemon forum, because we're such a diverse community. Have fun and I do hope to see you around the forums!
Old September 13th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
MTG
Burning shooting star!

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Hello MTG and welcome!

I have to say interesting avatar you got there, it's Flint in the style of Homestuck. But yeah I do hope you have an awesome time here and make new friends. Nice to hear you decided to join us as your first Pokemon forum, because we're such a diverse community. Have fun and I do hope to see you around the forums!
oh wow, i'm surprise someone like my avatar i did not that long ago.

but thank you for the warm welcome, Hikari. i was thinking of doing a crossover of Flint and Volkner playing SBURB, so i can post it in both here and mspa fourms for maybe an artist.
come to think of it, i like to ask you a question, where should i request an artist for a group project?
Old September 13th, 2013 (04:29 PM).
Crystal King

Nature: Quiet
I joined this site earlier today. I just started working with Advance Map about a day or two ago, and I thought this would be a nice place to look for help or criticism when I need to. I've only just gotten the basics down, and learned how to work with warps.

Also, I joined the site with intentions of immediately posting in the Map Rating thread, but it appears that I can't insert images because they contain URL links, and I need more than 15 posts to do so. I suppose I'll just have to wait until then to post there.

Well, with any luck, maybe you'll be seeing more of me around here.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links