The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul619 View Post
Thanks Meganium. sorry the net went haywire soon after I posted yesterday!
Well I'll check out the completed ones first :D
That's the spirit! And if you like the game you downloaded, be sure to give thanks to the authors for their hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetRising View Post
Hi there, I'm Magnet. I'm new here and I look forward to PC.
Greetings, Magnet :D I hope you enjoy it here as well! PC is quite large and it has a ton of things for you to do, so go on and have fun! See ya laterz <3
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
I was just wondering. . . where is the koffee pot?

I'm here to announce that you should always tell your coffee thank you. Except blonde roasts. No one likes those guys, koffi~

I dream that one day, I'll be the proud owner of a Koffing that knows scald. . .
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
coffeecoffeecoffee!

Honestly I prefer mine with cream and sugar, and powdered cocoa, which requires less sugar when I'm adding some. :D It pretty much wakes me up. :D

Welcome aboard, CoffeeDrink! I really like how you did with your avatar and siggy. Very creative~ xD
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex

Nature: Quirky
Hi, I'm Alex. I'm a huge Poke-nerd and this is the first Pokemon community I've really been a part of. I am a big fan of Fire Red, I always have an active file of it just to play during my down time. I enjoy writing fanfics, but don't have a lot of time to devote to them. I also write music, play drums and guitar, and sing a little bit as well.

Credit to RapidFIREPho3nix for the Fire userbar, Credit to Poki for Poison and Ground userbars

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8083-0354 Friend Safari: Electrode - Electabuzz - Luxio
My ReverbNation Page
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
Why hello there! This was my first pokemon forum as well, so I'm sure you'll fit right in! If you're into Fanfics, be sure to check out our Fan Fiction and Writing section. I do a lot of reviews there myself and that's where spend most of my time, so I'm sure I'll see you there. Even if you don't have fics to post, you can read others, and reply to various writing topics we have up.

I enjoy music too! I personally play trumpet, flugel, french horn, and mellophone, but the only one I'll be playing in college is the french horn. If you need a friend, or just feel like chatting, shoot me a VM and I'll be sure to get back to you. Have fun and happy posting!

PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
Hi, I'm Alex. I'm a huge Poke-nerd and this is the first Pokemon community I've really been a part of. I am a big fan of Fire Red, I always have an active file of it just to play during my down time. I enjoy writing fanfics, but don't have a lot of time to devote to them. I also write music, play drums and guitar, and sing a little bit as well.
Well hi there Alex! Welcome!

If you were looking for a good Pokemon forum to start with you definitely picked a great community indeed. We have the sections that have got your interests covered indeed, so go and take a look around and explore the forums and don't hesitate to ask any staff members if you have questions!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
BrawlixXx

Hey guys this my first forum and Im almost certain ill fit right in so.....hehehehe 😁 I Looooooovvve pokemon I think im a poke-fanatic, no I know I am lol I wanted find some people to talk about pokemon with. I also have a youtube channel so if you wanna check it out that would be Beautifly lol yea I know...alittle corny...
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
Greetings BrawlixXx, I'm sure you'll fit right in too! We're really friendly and the best part is that we all love pokemon. Be sure to chat it up with some of the other members in the various discussion threads we have.

If you need a friend, or just want to chat, be sure to shoot me a VM or friend request. I love receiving mail and chatting with other members. Hope to see you around and happy posting!

PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Sheep
may the stars shine down on you

Nature: Timid
I was away for a few days and come back to so many newbies! This is awesome; welcome, guys. I don't think I can reply to everyone individually but it's very great to have you all here. <3

BrawlixXx, this is a great place to explore as your first forum... we're all huge Pokemon fanatics. I think Pokemon X and Y has increased my love for the franchise tenfold, and I didn't think that was possible. @_@

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM
kiwisarereallcool

Hey, I'm kiwisarereallcool. I am interested in trying to create my own hack, most likely of FireRed, and I look forward to feedback from the fellow users.
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisarereallcool View Post
Hey, I'm kiwisarereallcool. I am interested in trying to create my own hack, most likely of FireRed, and I look forward to feedback from the fellow users.
Hey there, welcome! Good luck with the hack; the Emulation board will have lots for you to utilize as far as resources go. I'll be looking forward to it and hopefully you explore around other parts of the forum too. o/

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 21st, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlixXx View Post
Hey guys this my first forum and Im almost certain ill fit right in so.....hehehehe 😁 I Looooooovvve pokemon I think im a poke-fanatic, no I know I am lol I wanted find some people to talk about pokemon with. I also have a youtube channel so if you wanna check it out that would be Beautifly lol yea I know...alittle corny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisarereallcool View Post
Hello there you two and welcome!

Brawlix, you made a good decision to join PC if you're new to the forums. We are very diverse and have everything to cater for any Poke-fanatic such as yourself, and I've been into Pokemon for a long time now. Around 14 years to be exact. Hope to be able to talk to you sometime and have fun!

And Kiwi (I'll just call you that due to the long username) if you're interested in ROM hacking, I advise you check out the Emulation & ROM Hacking section which has loads of things you can do to make hacks, or even play completed hacks! You'll find loads of resources you can use over there, and also there's threads where you can ask questions. Good luck with your hack!

And remember, don't hesitate to contact any staff members such as Cirno if you have questions!

Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:23 AM
Bidoof Overlord
All hail Raticate

Nature: Serious
I am Bidoof Overlord, but for short, its Bidoof High Supreme Ruler Emperor the Fifth. You can call me just Doofy.

The reason I entered PC was to get help in hacking.
But why not go to the Welcome Users thread?

Come at me bro.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
DGrayHero

DGrayHero the name! you guys can call me Hero, am a big fan of both heroes and pokemon,am gearing up for X and Y by catching all the pokemon in B2 and W2.
(Nice to meet you all)
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoof Overlord View Post
I am Bidoof Overlord, but for short, its Bidoof High Supreme Ruler Emperor the Fifth. You can call me just Doofy.

Hi Doofy, welcome to PC! The welcome boards are definitely a great choice. What better way to get your feet wet when it comes to the forum than to introduce yourself to us? :D You'll find a lot of resources to help you with hacking so you've definitely chosen a great forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrayHero View Post
DGrayHero the name! you guys can call me Hero, am a big fan of both heroes and pokemon,am gearing up for X and Y by catching all the pokemon in B2 and W2.
(Nice to meet you all)
Welcome to the forum, Hero! Great to meet you. Yeah, we're all thrilled for X and Y so time needs to move faster. So hard to wait out these last few weeks ugh.

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:

Why hello Bidoof!! Welcome!! It's really nice meeting you, I'm Aaron. The Emulation section will be best for you like Cirno said. But be sure to look around at other sections too. We have a lot of things to offer on Pokemon, but also things not about Pokemon. But I hope you do have a fun time here. :)

Quote:
(Nice to meet you all)
Hi there Hero!! I'm so excited for X and Y too! I'm playing White 2 myself to occupy me, but X and Y look so good and really fun. There's 20 days left, but I'm gonna have a hard time waiting that long. D: I suggest the X and Y section though to help you keep yourself busy when not playing B2 or W2. There's a whole lot of discussion going on there right now. See you around and enjoy your stay. :)

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Bidoof Overlord
All hail Raticate

Nature: Serious
I have some questions though.
What does the phrase "You can just PM me" mean?
I hear it a lot in the Emulations Section.

And thanks for the warm welcome, Cirno and Aaron!

Come at me bro.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:27 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
I have some questions though.
What does the phrase "You can just PM me" mean?
I hear it a lot in the Emulations Section.

And thanks for the warm welcome, Cirno and Aaron!
PM stands for Private Message it's pretty similar to email on any forum and it's a way to privately send someone a message if you don't want other users to see what you're telling them. You can check your Private Messages in your Inbox in your Control Panel or "CP" as a lot of people call it.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?folderid=0

And just so you know , if someone says VM it means Visitor's Message. It's when someone posts a message on your profile. You respond to a VM by either clicking View Conversation and typing on the text box you see above all your VMs with that person. You can also post a VM by going to that person's profile and typing your message in the text box on their profile. I'll send you both to show you how it's done! :)

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
(Nice to meet you all)
Hi there and welcome!

Glad to see you joined, because only 20 days til Pokemon X & Y come out and the speculation is even more intense in the last leg before the big day. Have an awesome time and I hope to see you around the forums!

Old September 24th, 2013, 02:16 AM
James169

Hi, my names James and I'm 18

I started playing pokemon AT&T the beginning but only on friends game boys as I didn't have one, first one I had of my own was platinum and I've played every gen except V as I didn't have a ds at that point
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James169 View Post

I started playing pokemon AT&T the beginning but only on friends game boys as I didn't have one, first one I had of my own was platinum and I've played every gen except V as I didn't have a ds at that point
Hi James, and welcome to PokeCommunity!

If you've played loads of different Pokemon games, you must be a true fan for sure. We've got sections covering every Pokemon game you can imagine, and other aspects of Pokemon (and even outside of Pokemon) as well. I do hope to see you around and if you need help don't hesitate to contact a staff member. Have fun here!

Old September 25th, 2013, 02:52 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James169 View Post

Welcome James!!

Have you gotten a chance to play any of the Gen V games yet? If not I hope you can cause they're really good in my opinion. Second favorite generation before gen III. I've been playing Black 2 and White 2 to prepare myself for X and Y. Very excited for those games to come out! How about you?

Hope you have an excellent time here and I'll hopefully see you later! Feel free to VM or PM me anytime if you like! (If you're not sure what those are, there's an explanation above.)

Old September 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Dreamer98

Nature: Quiet
Uh hi everyone my name is Dreamer98, but you can just call me Dreamer or Cameron which is my real name. I'm pretty shy but I'll still try to get more involved in this friendly community.
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Wade Appelgryn

HEy guys, I'm Wade from South Africa, first time doing this, don't know what im doing haha, just saw this box and now im typing
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Appelgryn View Post
HEy guys, I'm Wade from South Africa, first time doing this, don't know what im doing haha, just saw this box and now im typing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer98 View Post
Uh hi everyone my name is Dreamer98, but you can just call me Dreamer or Cameron which is my real name. I'm pretty shy but I'll still try to get more involved in this friendly community.
Hi there you two, welcome!

I'm so glad you joined a community like ours because we are da best Pokemon community out there (see what I did there lol) and we have so much you can discover along the way. I do hope to get to know both of you so don't hesitate to leave me a visitor message, or you can ask staff members if you have more serious questions.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here