The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestars83 View Post
Hi guys,
I'm new to the site as of today. Been playing Pokemon for yeeaaars but never joined a community thing like this before til now. I'm here basically to make loads of Pokemon buddies. For battles, trading, friend safari codes and also any problems i come across possibly getting helped with. I'm playing Pokemon Y atm, only reason I bought a 3DS, lol. It's awesome and i'm loving every bit of it.
But, for now i'll say 'heyyyy' *waves*, and i look forward to chatting with peeps.
Well well, you've come to the perfect place to do that, sweetheart! Welcome to the forums, bluestars! It's a pleasure to meet you. You should visit the Current Generation board where you can do all that. :) Have fun~
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Hi guys,
I'm new to the site as of today. Been playing Pokemon for yeeaaars but never joined a community thing like this before til now. I'm here basically to make loads of Pokemon buddies. For battles, trading, friend safari codes and also any problems i come across possibly getting helped with. I'm playing Pokemon Y atm, only reason I bought a 3DS, lol. It's awesome and i'm loving every bit of it.
But, for now i'll say 'heyyyy' *waves*, and i look forward to chatting with peeps.
Well hi there, welcome aboard!

If you are looking for trades, battles and stuff about Pokemon X and Y, Megan has shown you the best places for that. The X/Y section also has a thread where you can share your friend code and there's some fun topics there too. Anyways, have fun and I do hope to see you around the community!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old November 25th, 2013, 11:44 PM
AKPorcupine
Yes, Follow the Light...

Nature: Modest
Hey, all! Newbie, here.

I'm an older player. Played Blue, Gold, Crystal, Emerald, and now getting back in the game with Y.

It was an impulse decision, for me, to get back in the game. I haven't been an active Poke'fan for a while, but I really wanted to revive the feeling that raising, battling, trading, and collecting Poke'mon gave me. So I went out one night, bought a 3DS and Y. (I'm glad I got Y, because it had many of my favorite exclusive Poke's)

Anyway, I searched up Poke'mon forums, because I find myself craving to tell others about my experiences in the game, and want to share. I long for discussion!

So hit me up! My friend code is on my profile, and I'd love to chat!
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKPorcupine View Post
Hey, all! Newbie, here.

I'm an older player. Played Blue, Gold, Crystal, Emerald, and now getting back in the game with Y.

It was an impulse decision, for me, to get back in the game. I haven't been an active Poke'fan for a while, but I really wanted to revive the feeling that raising, battling, trading, and collecting Poke'mon gave me. So I went out one night, bought a 3DS and Y. (I'm glad I got Y, because it had many of my favorite exclusive Poke's)

Anyway, I searched up Poke'mon forums, because I find myself craving to tell others about my experiences in the game, and want to share. I long for discussion!

Hi AKPorcupine. Nice to see another senior Pokémon fan here
I think you must check out the Friend Code sharing thread in X and Y itself if you want to share one, and btw, I'm open to chat so you can call me anytime. I'm glad you want to share your love of Pokémon with us, and have fun!
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Hey, all! Newbie, here.

wellcome and if you would like to chat shoot me a vm im here!

that whoever
believes in him Should not perish
but have eternal life."
John 3:16

Old November 26th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hey, all! Newbie, here.

Hello AK and welcome aboard!

If you want to share your Friend Code I believe Windy has got you covered there, and wow you surely are a veteran of Pokemon given all those games you played. And yeah, if you ever need a chat I'm always open so leave me a visitor message anytime. Do have fun here at PC!

Old November 26th, 2013, 04:06 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Hi guys,
Sup welcome to Pokecommunity or you can call it PC!
Hope you have lots and lots of fun here!
If you have any questions you can ask the Mods!
Mods are the guys with their usernames colored like THIS!
Once again Welcome to PC!!!!!

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Nineflower

Nature: Adamant
Hello, I'm also an older player (late twenties) who's enjoyed pokemon for many years. I'm new to the online pokemon forums but look forward to exchanging friend codes for the friend safari and arranging trades :D. I have Pokemon X and am working on filling out my pokedex, especially looking for ALL the grass pokemon. Please let me know if you have any rare grass pokemon!

My friend safari has Seviper, Garbordor, and ???. They're not very exciting ones but I'd be willing to trade X exclusives, etc..

Anyway, I'm excited to join the Pokecommunity and will do my best to contribute and help people out with my ditto poke factory . Feel free to contact me and PM me if you want to share friend codes or trade.
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineflower View Post
Hello, I'm also an older player (late twenties) who's enjoyed pokemon for many years. I'm new to the online pokemon forums but look forward to exchanging friend codes for the friend safari and arranging trades :D. I have Pokemon X and am working on filling out my pokedex, especially looking for ALL the grass pokemon. Please let me know if you have any rare grass pokemon!

My friend safari has Seviper, Garbordor, and ???. They're not very exciting ones but I'd be willing to trade X exclusives, etc..

Anyway, I'm excited to join the Pokecommunity and will do my best to contribute and help people out with my ditto poke factory . Feel free to contact me and PM me if you want to share friend codes or trade.
welcome to the community, Nineflower!
I see you want to arrange trades and share FC's? you should check the Trade Corner and the ! They both kind of speak for themselves, but if you ever encounter problems or have questions (can be about other subjects too, ofcourse!) don't hesitate to send a message we're all very friendly and helpful here so you'll have the answers you need in no-time!
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Quote:
Hello, I'm also an older player (late twenties) who's enjoyed pokemon for many years. I'm new to the online pokemon forums but look forward to exchanging friend codes for the friend safari and arranging trades :D. I have Pokemon X and am working on filling out my pokedex, especially looking for ALL the grass pokemon. Please let me know if you have any rare grass pokemon! ;)

Anyway, I'm excited to join the Pokecommunity and will do my best to contribute and help people out with my ditto poke factory :P. Feel free to contact me and PM me if you want to share friend codes or trade.
Hello there, Nineflower! I looooove your name, btw! There's always a way to show off your friend code around the forums. You can share on your signature, which it has great publicity, as well as the XY Friend Code thread in which you can share your friend safari as well (if you find out what your third Pokemon is though!). You're gonna make great friends here and have a wonderful time!

Hope you stick around, and have fun ok! :)
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:

Hello Nineflower and welcome!

I think the other two who posted have shown you the best place to do trades and FC exchanges so I guess this means I'll just leave you to enjoy the community. Do have an awesome time here and I'll be seeing you around, and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always open for a VM!

Old November 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM
bluestars83

I'm not too sure on how you start a thread of your own, can someone help me out with that. As i want to sort out return trades so i can get my Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve back, but i can't for the life of me figure out where i can get that sorted. Heeeelp.
Also, for future reference, can someone tell me how you start your own thread aswell!
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:03 PM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
There should be a button on top of the section you're posting in (or in your case Trade Corner) that either says "New Thread" or is a plus button. Each style is different, but it's always on the top and bottom of any section. Hope that helps! Welcome to PC by the way!

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:09 PM
bluestars83

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
There should be a button on top of the section you're posting in (or in your case Trade Corner) that either says "New Thread" or is a plus button. Each style is different, but it's always on the top and bottom of any section. Hope that helps! Welcome to PC by the way!
Oh right ok, well, i don't seem to get that option anywhere. Do i need to have done something a certain amount of times to be able to start a thread or. . . ? Cause i've searched the whole of a page and can't see the choices you mentioned anywhere.
Also, thanks, it's great here.
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:28 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh right ok, well, i don't seem to get that option anywhere. Do i need to have done something a certain amount of times to be able to start a thread or. . . ? Cause i've searched the whole of a page and can't see the choices you mentioned anywhere.
Also, thanks, it's great here.
No you should be able to starting making threads right away. We'd never limit new users like that. On most styles it should look something like this.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:22 PM
thebluecrab
Sign Language is Handy

I'm thebluecrab, and I feel like I'm one of the only ones here who don't like anime or My little Pony
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Either that, "POST REPLY" or "NEW THREAD" it depends on the style you're using, really. If you're using the default style, which is "Let's Fly Together" (the one with the trainer flying on an Articuno), it should say "NEW THREAD"

Let us know if you are still lost <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluecrab
I'm thebluecrab, and I feel like I'm one of the only ones here who don't like anime or My little Pony
Oh deary...looks like we have a couple of differences here! But I respect that, really. There's nothing to be worried about. Whether you are a fan or not, you're still welcome to at least join other discussions you are interested in, yeah? :3 Welcome to PC!
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:33 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluecrab View Post
I love both of those things! I'm a huge anime fan. I love tons of shows such as Attack On Titan, Durarara, Inuyasha, Bleach, Panty and Stocking, FLCL, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and tons of other anime! It's fine if you don't like either, that's just your opinion. :) You'll find people who don't like either so don't worry! I'm sure I've met a few.

Last edited by awolfsquared; November 27th, 2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Wait a sec
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:34 PM
thebluecrab
Sign Language is Handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
Either that, "POST REPLY" or "NEW THREAD" it depends on the style you're using, really. If you're using the default style, which is "Let's Fly Together" (the one with the trainer flying on an Articuno), it should say "NEW THREAD"

Let us know if you are still lost <3

Oh deary...looks like we have a couple of differences here! But I respect that, really. There's nothing to be worried about. Whether you are a fan or not, you're still welcome to at least join other discussions you are interested in, yeah? :3 Welcome to PC!
I just spent the last 5 minutes putting random things into my profile
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Quote:
No worries about that! People have their own personal preferences and opinions and you are more than welcome to have your own n_n What are you actually interested in if not anime or MLP? I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of people who share the same interests as you if you take some time to search around. Why, we might even have some similar interests ourselves! Anyways, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay heree :D

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:04 AM
bradekert

Hello, currently new here. I'm 18, big pokemon fan.
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:50 AM
JanickGers
Askjafehu

Quote:
I like Heavy Metal \m/

And if it makes you feel better, other than Death Note or Dragon Ball, I myself don't enjoy anime very much.

PS: What the h*** is My Little Pony?

... oh, right. Thanks Wikipedia...

"You tell me we can start the rain, you tell me that we all can change,
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away..."
Old November 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradekert View Post
Hello, currently new here. I'm 18, big pokemon fan.
welcome to the community!
There's lots to find about pokémon here (who would've guessed ) so I think you won't get bored of this place anytime soon :-3
if you ever feel like you need help or just need somebody to talk to, i'm available to answer you anytime
Have Fun!
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM
pumpkinXking

Nature: Quiet
hey, my name is Leif, I join a little while ago and haven't done much. If anyone want to share fc mine is 4441-8318-6814, and im a ghost type. Thank you for your time.
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:54 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinXking View Post
hey, my name is Leif, I join a little while ago and haven't done much. If anyone want to share fc mine is 4441-8318-6814, and im a ghost type. Thank you for your time.
Welcome!!! I absolutely love the name Leif! It's so cool and unique and Leif Erikson was a really great explorer! It's good seeing you finally come out of your shell and post here. Just a tip though, it's good to post your FC in your signature cause that way people can find it easier. And for 3DS friends codes you can share it here at this thread too. You should definitely post more here, there's lots of thread to post in and there's tons of variety here. Anyway, have fun and enjoy yourself and day!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here