The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
Woah imagine if Volcarona did have an evolution, it's already an incredibly powerful pokemon, and with a stat total of 550 if it evolved it would be near legendary status. Which would be awesome because then one of the strongest non-legendary pokemon would be a bug type.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Welcome to our newest member TwilightBlade!

If you could choose one bug type pokemon to gain an evolution which one would it be?

I'd definitely have to go with Pinsir, for this one. Pinsir is a great pokemon as is, but an awesome half fighting type evolution would make it just that much better. I mean Scyther got an evolution, so why shouldn't its parallel Pinsir get one? It's based on stag beetle, (a popular insect used in insect fighting) learns more fighting moves than bug moves, and looks the part. It would be stronger and more BA than Heracross, with massive attack and destroy everything!!!!!!! >:D

*Ciax, you've earned a reward! Your name is listed under it on the first page and please tell me what you'd like to use it for! :D
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

If you could choose one bug type pokemon to gain an evolution which one would it be?

Honestly, I can't really think of any Bug type Pokémon I'd want to have an evolution. Most Bug type Pokémon are three staged already, so we can't really add on to that, and for the ones who aren't three staged, they all just seem pretty final stage like. I can't imagine Pokémon like Pinsir, Heracross or Volcarona to have an evolution, though a prevolution could probably go. While it'd work with Pinsir and Heracross, I just can't imagine anything to base it on, without just making it look like a baby form. But yeah, I can't think of any Bug type Pokémon that would need an evolution.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

au contraire! There are many bug types that could be changed dramatically with an evolution. The bugs with low base stats such as Kricketune, Ariados and Ledian could definitely use one. I also would love if Skorupi was given a branch evolution which stayed the bug type, although that probably wouldn't make much sense.

On this subject of awards, if I am interpreting it correct I can choose another partner? If so I would choose Ledian please.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Username: ShinyUmbreon189

Partners: Ariados and Scyther

Reason: Bug types are just cool in general and are very underrated. Ariados can learn moves that takes out it's weaknesses. Also Ariados and Scyther are one of my favorite Pokemon out of all of them.

My favorite bug Pokemon is Scyther. Reason, Scyther is a very dominant Bug Pokemon and can take out many Pokemon very easily but I also like Ariados too.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Welcome, ShinyUmbreon189!

@Olli97 I have to agree with Ciax, bug pokemon could definitely use evolutions to give them the boost the need. All the ones that Ciax mentioned are good examples, as well as venomoth, masquerain and perhaps a male evolution of combee (although it wouldn't make a ton of sense)

*Ciax, you're all set :D

On a side note, I'm going to be gone for a little while so the club will be all yours! Try not to party TOO hard! :D
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Don't forget to leave us booze. Hahaha jk.
Would you guys recommend me to catch Spinirak and use him in my team in HG?

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, ShinyUmbreon189. Even though Ariados is a fun Pokemon, it's too slow to be of much use. I'd raise a Scyther/Scizor, Butterfree, or Yanma/Yanmega :)

Hmm either Surskit needs a split evolution that retains its unique Bug/Water typing or Masquerain needs a stronger evolution in general. I love this family, the concept, and the movepool. I just wish it was stronger poor bugs.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

[QUOTE=TwilightBlade;7284528]Even though Ariados is a fun Pokemon, it's too slow to be of much use. I'd raise a Scyther/Scizor, Butterfree, or Yanma/Yanmega

I would use Yanma in a heartbeat but it's so rare to get.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Yeah while it pains me to speak out against a bug Pokemon, Ariados is just a pain to raise. I used him in my HeartGold bug monotype and by the 6th gym he became hard to raise and after the E4 I just gave up on him and didn't bother training him for Red. For early game though he is a killer, until about the fourth gym.

Heracross is a good option, with headbutt it doesn't take long to find him. Scyther and Pinsir can be caught fairly early in the Bug Catching Contest as well.

@TwilightBlade - Surskit's family should definitely get either a split evolution or Masquerain evolution that brings it back to water/bug. Maybe once it grows old it looses its wings and returns to the water.
Old August 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
POKEMONTRAINERZER0
Veteran Pokemaniac (Gens 2-5)

Nature: Modest
Hmm I would like to see a male Combee get an evolution. Vespiquen is amazing, but if you have a male it just stays Combee. Which sucks kinda.
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Gen2 brought me two of my favorite bug pokemon: Scizor and Heracross.

Scizor just for plain bad-assery and Heracross for being so strong yet retaining its cuteness Both are also very much viable competitively

for the topic, i want to see evos for some of the less commonly known bugs, like Volbeat/illusmise. If you played the Ruby hack Ruby destiny LoG the creator has given them some nice designed evos (IMO).

Volcarona should never get an evo, for that would break the game. unless the evo just change its stat around but not increase them. (but still nigh impossible to happen)

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Volbeat and Illumise would be great candidates for an evolution as well. Bug/Electric seems a good type combo for them. They were speculated to be that when 3rd generation was released. They are actually my two favourite bug pokemon.
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I was never really much for Volbeat and Illumise actually, though third generation Pokémon have never been any of my favourites. Like I like the concept and designs, however as Pokémon they just never really appealed to me, and the only think notable about them was that signature move of theirs which I don't really remember. But yeah, maybe if they got evolutions I'd gain a bit of interest, however that would depend on what the evolutions turned out to be :p
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Nature: Jolly
Here's a couple of userbars for the club, hopefully they're alright for the club owner :D

If anyone needs/wants one with different bug types, let me know. (as long as it's okay with the club owner)
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:02 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Hey guys, I'm back! :D

Oh yeah, illumise/volbeat really do need an evo, and a cool pre-evo would be, well, cool. (Olli, their Volbeat's signature move was tailglow/signal beam)

They need to get a super cool ball room dancer evolution or something, where Volbeat has a Tux. Maybe they'd be Bug/Normal?
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Oh wow Zach, those userbars are great! (by the way, you get a reward, just tell me what you'd like)

Hm, seems like this club hasn't seen a lot of use lately...

TIME FOR A NEW TOPIC!!!

Of the two split evolution groups in Generation 3, which was your favorite and why? (Nincada, Shedinja, Ninjask vs Wurmple, Silcoon/Cascoon, Beautifly/Dustox) Discuss!

Also, how bout a bug type of the week to be displayed in the first post? First suggestion wins! gogogogogogo! :D
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Of the two split evolution groups in Generation 3, which was your favorite and why? (Nincada, Shedinja, Ninjask vs Wurmple, Silcoon/Cascoon, Beautifly/Dustox) Discuss!
The Nincada line! I just thought the whole Shedinja thing was, despite being incredibly creepy, a lot of fun :3 It was a really interesting twist to see a Pokémon evolve in that way and then Shedinja itself was a treat to use. It's ability, stats and moves never left a battle boring, and although as you progress through the game everything seems to be able to kill it, that's not necessarily a bad thing as it makes it a lot more challenging which I prefer :3 You have to get really strategic with it if you want to keep using it towards the end of the game, so it's a Pokémon I really enjoy using. The Wurmple family however were... tbh, boring. There was nothing special about them at all other than their evolution methods and even that wasn't very exciting D:

Quote:
Also, how bout a bug type of the week to be displayed in the first post? First suggestion wins! gogogogogogo! :D
YANMEGA. <3
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Probably the Nincada line. While the way the evolutions worked may have been a little odd, I liked it. I guess the main thing I like about this line is Shedinja though. It was a pretty unique Pokémon, being the only one to have the Wonder Guard ability. I didn't actually learn about it till late it, but the first time I used it I was pretty surprised that no Pokémon were able to hurt it, untill I learned that Pokemon strong to it could. Despite that, it was pretty fun to use, not the most effective since it wasn't as strong as I initially thought, however it was still fun to use :D
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Yanmega is now the Bug of The Week! (check first post)

On this, I'd have to say I like the Wurmple Line better, only because I've never used the nincada line (Nincada was a pain to train so I ditched it early on)

I like the element of surprise you get with wurmple, and the final evolutions learn some good moves (i.e. confusion/gust) for that stage of the game. Sadly, they aren't super useful later on, but Beautifly/Dustox are pretty cool!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Dalek_Kabu
Resident Fossil

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dalek_Kabu
Username: Kabutopsian
Partners: Yanmega(nn doomfly) Genosect(NN Redrum)
Reason:Well short of the fossil types i love the living fossil bugs and use them every chance i get.

I would choose the yanma yanmega family to gain a new pre-evolution it would be a helgramite like form no wings just nasty pinchers on its head much like a pinsir without the arms and legs.it makes sense to me since a dragonfly nymph is a worm like bug that inhabits the watery depths and tends to hide under rocks.
Old August 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I like the element of surprise you get with wurmple, and the final evolutions learn some good moves (i.e. confusion/gust) for that stage of the game. Sadly, they aren't super useful later on, but Beautifly/Dustox are pretty cool!
I was going to say this in my answer, but then I started wondering if it really is much of a surprise o3o I mean, obviously you don't know which you'll get which is kinda fun, but neither of them are particularly... special. :3 It kinda seems like the difference between being given white paint or very pale beige paint :p I know this is quite a dull way to look at it, but I just think it's another reason why the Nincada family is so much better. x] Obviously there's no surprise in what you'll get whilst evolving a Nincada (unless you didn't know about Shedinja then it's extremely creepy lmao), but I still think that based on the Pokémon you actually receive from it, it's a lot more fun and rewarding. Especially since the two evolutions are so completely different from each other :3
Old August 25th, 2012, 07:44 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Welcome kabutopsian! You should be added to the members list.

Hm, I don't think beautifly/dustox are reminiscent of "pale white/beige" lol. I think there is enough surprise - I know I was surprised with my first wurmples. I love how they feel like two completely different families of pokemon even though they stem from the same species. But I will say I love Shedinja's legend that goes along with it. Every trainer is doomed if that were true haha.
Old August 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
That applies to the majority of Bug Pokémon too though, which is probably why they evolve so quickly. For example, with first generation games, you could catch a Caterpie or a Wumple and get them fully evolved before the first gym even, where they for a bit would be good for your team, but as you progress, even though they level up, they just don't help the team as much as they did earlier on, and once you're far enough into the game, practically anything can kill them. The stronger Bug Pokémon like Volcarona and Heracross are exceptions to this though, however they also appear later into the game, so it's not quite the same.
Old August 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

@Olli97 Hm, that's not ENTIRELY true. Heracross, pineco, scolipede, leavanny, scyther, nincada, combee, yanma, and dwebble (and even paras) can all be obtained before the fourth gym (in respective games, unless I'm mistaken) and they're strong bug types. (in my mind at least)

So I've noticed that very few people have been posting lately which is sad. Maybe an event/contest will liven things up? please?

And if no one signs up, no big deal as it's just a small one.

Time For A Haiku Contest! - write a haiku about a bug type pokemon that accentuates it's qualities etc.
Why haikus? Why not!
  • For those who don't know a haiku is a small poem following a pattern of five syllables for one line, seven syllables for the next line and five syllables once more for the last line. It doesn't have to rhyme (actually I'm not sure if any of them do, but feel free to)
Poems will be judged by me on cleverness and whether or not they capture the bug type subject. Making them funny won't hurt either! :D

1st: Club Emblem (if that is in effect, if not I'll change it)
2nd: Reward

3rd: Pat on the back

Get poetic! :D

Sponsored Links