• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"Community Service" [OOC][M]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

6pq5X.png

rated m for mysterious

os4d9c.jpg

[IC Thread]
*Credits to Spriter's Resource for GSC tiles

Hello! This thread will come to be known for recording the progress of the characters, but since the RP hasn't started yet, this post will be a little empty until we do. There are still spots left if you want to take them, so please, get your SU in ASAP! Don't want someone snagging your spot before you finish.

Accepted Players:

1. Adrain Randal played by iLike2EatPiez
2. Astor Maddox played by Skymin
3. William "Will" Hayes played by Saturated Hue
4. Riku Kimura played by Charizard_Man
5. Kyle Avery played by The Final Watchman
And. Villidan "Vil" Vertigo played by Lt. Col. Fantastic

Please. Use this thread to ask questions, organize yourselves, and discuss this roleplay. And above all, have fun.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Geez, Kiyoshi, how can I ever pass by one of your RPs? ;D

Name/Nicknames: Astor Maddox
Gender/Sex: Male

Appearance: Astor is tall, slightly dark and maybe adorable would be the better word as opposed to handsome. His hair and eyes are a dark brown, leaning on black (though sometimes, one could say his eyes are golden when the light shines on it properly) and skin is olive/tanned, similar to the complexion of a Welshman. He's slightly muscular, quite tall and very doe-eyed. Despite all this, he's too oblivious of flirting to be popular with the ladies.

His hair is usually short, unkept bed hair and his face is usually well shaved. He has three piercings; one in the lobe of his left ear, one in the top of the same ear and a piercing in his eyebrow. His clothes are usually quite lax, consisting mainly of t-shirts and jeans. His wallet stays firmly in his back pocket, connected by chain from the belt, and his PokéGear in his right pocket. Everything else, in the left pocket. His shoes are that of comfort, canvas or volleys are usually his go.

Clothes are usually consistent, even during the alternating seasons. The main difference; long sleeves and hoodies in the Winter, usually accompanied by a beanie or scarf, and shorts in the hottest of Summer.

History: What was his crime? Foolishness.

Okay, but seriously, Astor was born in the the the average of average families. He was never considered rich, but wore clothes that were decent enough to not be labelled as poor. He's the eldest of two, his younger sister Clara is considered the brains of the family. He was never a bad kid, just one with bad luck. Astor's a lover, not a fighter.

For most of his primary school years, Astor was invisible. He did things, yeah, but he was just like any kid. His fingerpaintings were never special enough to be Da Vinci quality and his theories of the world were barely comparable to Einstein (probably something like "imagine if the world... was made of fairy floss?"). He didn't mind it though. He was oblivious, care-free and mostly, a child. All he wanted to do was be himself.

It was maybe when Astor turned fourteen when bad luck turned his way. When his voice started to drop and hair begun to grow in funny places but his mind still stayed as a child. He believed in justice and that he could be anything he wanted to be, even if that included being a superhero. The first time Astor witnessed a fight, he intervened. He shouldn't have, but he did. Long story short, at the end of it, he was the last person standing. He hadn't his anyone, no, but naturally (and because his mother was a health nut and made him do laps all the time), Astor was stronger and had more stamina than the other boys. He was sent to the Principal's office but didn't object to the falsely allocated crimes; he was too polite to say someone else was to blame.

Though this didn't happen a lot all the way through Astor's late years of school, it was enough for teachers to think that he was some kind of bully, despite how polite he was in class. Something must have been wrong with him, right? Not quite right in the head? Who knew.

When Astor graduated, he wasn't the top of his class. In fact, Astor was never good with smarts. He was the athletic man and applied to become a policeman to help against whatever was happening between the regions (though he wasn't sure of the specifics, he knew that somewhere, somebody needed his help). His work as a junior officer did not last long at all; during his first week of real police work, he accidentally punched a man in the face during a bar fight. Astor was there on patrol with a senior officer and the man he punched ended up being some rich philanthropist of some sort who was actually breaking the law by being in the bar (something to do with a restraining order). To cover up some embarrasing tracks, the rich man turned the story around into 'the man who was punched in the face by a policeman'. Astor had next to no idea what was happening and even though he apologised several times and even sent flowers, thanks to his past experiences with fighting, was sent off to the SOUL program.

Personality: Despite being a bear of a man, Astor has a soft and gooey inside. He's lovable and would never turn to violence to solve a situation. He believes in justice, to do what is right and that every person has a good side. Accompanying his innocent thoughts, if asked nicely and with good reason, he'd do almost anything for someone. Even if that someone was a criminal. This makes Astor probably the easiest person to manipulate, but if Astor finds out? Well, you'd get justice'd.

Astor is also very kind, very polite and usually a happy soul. He's the world's best pillow and is always there to listen to your complaints. He'll try to cheer you up and if he can't with his adorable smile, he'll probably buy you ice-cream. Or take you to see some puppies. He's a big brother for the entire world.

When it comes to battling, Astor's never done it before. He has no thoughts on it; he doesn't find it wrong when the Pokémon wants to battle for their trainer. Only when one is being forced to fight is when Astor will stop.

Astor's other hobbies include piano, photography and painting (though he is exceptionally bad at it).

Aspiration: Astor wants his badge back and become the best Police Officer ever. Along the way of proving his worth, he probably would want to give Gyms a shot.
Starter: Joltik
Password 1: Question: Will Everyone Require Tents Yet Under Instruments Over People?
Password 2: ChEstnut FOUR
RP Sample: (Give me an example of how you RP.)​

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
~Placeholder~
Might I add you have a interesting way with passwords, hehe.

Name/Nicknames: (Hey, I just met you.)
Gender/Sex: (Male, Female, and anything in-between.)
Appearance: (Long hair? Snout nose? Bloody fingers? No toenails?)
History: (What got you into the SOUL program in the first place? And did you become the owner of a large shrimp company while you were at it?)
Personality:(Obviously everyone wants to be the dashing aristocrat with a mustache, but you've gotta be identifiable.)
Aspiration: (What does your character want to do? League? Contests? Photographer? Athlete?)
Starter: (It will begin at level five, and at first stage of its evolution line. Pokémon that don't evolve are not permitted, and of course, neither are legendaries [especially in this RP, where legendaries are considered to be just myths. Maxie resurrecting Groudon was similar to a man proving Zeus actually exists and controlling him somehow.] The moveset it possesses at the start will be dictated by me. It can be of any type.)
Password 1: Quilt Watermelon Elephant Raspberry Telephone Yawn Umbrella Iguana Octopus Penguin
Password 2: oAk four
RP Sample: (Give me an example of how you RP.)

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Kiyoshi! Such a fantastic RP and a very politically twisted version of the stories/games we all know and love. I applaud you! But only five characters? Y U DO THIS 2 ME MAN?!

Kyle Avery

Appearance:
To say the least, Kyle's build is one wanted by very few. Small and skinny, he stands at only five foot 9 inches and weighs merely a hundred and thirty-three pounds. His hair is a greyish-black color, typically worn in a somewhat messy style, and is in nearly complete contrast with his pale complexion. His skin however, due to the lack of color, tends to make many of his blemishes fairly noticeable, e.g. his multiple scars from fights and the occasional zit or two (most of which are covered by bandages). Moving on, Kyle's most apparent feature is his eyes, a bright red that seems to make him appear quite odd.

On the side of clothes and accessories, he can be seen as both odd or normal, depending on the situation.
Untitled-1.png
First and foremost is Kyle's black V-neck, usually covered by his red zip-up hoodie. Despite both layers, Kyle will still tend to be cold, causing him to add another layer, a somewhat small blazer-like jacket. Usually, he will have his sleeves rolled up to his mid-forearm, exposing the inside of his jacket that possesses a plaid-like design. Next, Kyle will wear a somewhat loose pair of black jeans or even a pair of sweats. With that, he will have either a chain or a length of fabric connected to his wallet.
History:
Well, when you're the owner of a large shrimp factory, you kinda have to have a long history behind you...

To put it at the beginning, Kyle was born in a small town within the Johto Region as the youngest of three children in a rather odd situation. Of course, when your older sister has officially been labeled as mentally deficient and your brother is one of the largest troublemakers in the world, your parents will tend to expect quite a bit out of their newest child. Although, this is what they wanted of Kyle, that isn't exactly what he became, at least in most cases.

Being the youngest of three, Kyle would obviously gain multiple qualities from his siblings. His father, a rather angry sort of man, would always go against this, believing all of the children to be quite impudent and would tend to go to the extremes to deal with this, ultimately beating his children multiple times throughout their lives. They couldn't do much about the abuse, but how could they? They weren't even adolescents yet and who would believe a morally troubled kid, his twin with mental deficits, and their younger brother whom was, to put it simply, imaginative.

Now school wasn't too different from his home life when it came down to it. From the beginning, he was bullied by the multitude of kids for seemingly no reason then who his family is and his somewhat knowledgeable status. Because of this, Kyle really grew up with a somewhat secluded nature, not being able to trust anyone but his sister. It left him with seemingly nothing to talk to or interact with, even to the extent of sitting in seclusion for hours, merely thinking of what it would be like to have friends.

This seemed to carry on as he moved onto Middle School; no friends, tons of bullies, everything. However, it was here where he was able to begin expressing himself. You see, middle school in Johto was when many of the districts introduced their band classes and to put it simply, Kyle was interested. Even though he was somewhat shy, Kyle immediately signed up to begin practicing the piano and from then on, was able to express himself in the littlest way possible. Music.

More years passed and Kyle finally ended up in High School as a senior. His artistic prowess became more pronounced and he learned not only how to play the piano, but also the guitar and drums. Things were finally going better for him with school! He had more friends, less bullies, and the chance to do what he wanted there. Unfortunately, the same didn't go at home. His father was still an abusive drunk and when it finally came down to it, he needed to leave. He needed a new life.

With that said, his brother and himself began planning an escape of sorts. They were going to leave and eventually save their sister some time later. However, his father caught wind of their plans and as they were executing it, he had called the police.

Kyle and his brother were quickly apprehended. Now many would expect that the two told the cops about the reason they left and then arrested the father, this case was completely different. The police didn't trust Kyle's brother as he did have some problems before nor his mentally deficient sister. Not knowing if Kyle was a trustful or not, they eventually went to Kyle's dad and recommended a new program for delinquent teens. The name of it? SOUL!
Personality:
Well, Kyle is exactly how he looks, a shy, quiet young man. He is nearly completely antisocial, trusting nearly no one and only making friends with those who try to be one. Of course, it was likely brought on by his horrible childhood of being bullied, but the whole ordeal taught him a lot about what life should actually be like.

Nonetheless, Kyle isn't one who will immediately begin to judge someone and will try to talk them, though that doesn't necessarily mean he would succeed in doing that. Of course, despite his shyness, Kyle likes to try new things.

Kyle is also quite unlike his family. Kind to the extreme, he will be the first to help out his friends in their time of need, the problem not even mattering as long as he's helping. It really makes him seem reliable in the eyes of others and is obviously one who deserves it. He is also fairly smart when compared to many average people. Able to strategically design the fine points for plans and battles fairly quickly and accurately, it is probably wise to be on his side.

Despite being antisocial, Kyle does have a somewhat unique way to express himself. What is it? Art, and to be more exact, music and literature. Using his somewhat artistic prowess, Kyle puts his feelings into the many words and notes. Letting them flow from his mind, he finds to think it's easier then actually talking.

Aspiration: Kyle plans on becoming a skilled musician in the future, though he will likely take on some gyms along the way.

Password 1: qwertyuiopoiuytrewq
Password 2: piNe three

RP Sample: As I'm to lazy to make something completely new... :P
Pandora. A region who's unbelievable stories were always regarded as mythical in nature. A sort of Atlantis type mystery that no one would be able to solve. It was a place that was wanted by all, but seen by none, which ultimately gave it it's mythical status. However, those who believed that the region was a mere fairy tale have now been proven wrong. Just six weeks ago, a man who was regarded as one of the world's most aspiring scientists had mysteriously died after nearly thirty years of being gone, the coordinates of the region being the only thing left behind.

Or at least, that's what Alan recently heard. Personally, he didn't know what to make of the whole ordeal. For the longest time, he had known of Pandora as he believed in mermaids, simply stories. Call him cynical, but he was edging towards the more realistic side of things unless proven otherwise. The proof was exactly what he got.

Less than five days before, he had received an email from a man known simply as Jude Laughner. The subject simply read Pandora and the actually message hadn't said much either.
"Hello Alan Destin,
My name is Jude Laughner and while you may have never heard of me, I have heard much of you. Anyways, I'll get straight to the point. I require your useful skills for something I have planned. While I will not disclose everything in an email, I will request a meeting this Friday at the Moo Moo Cafe in Viridian City. I have attached multiple overhead pictures of the newly discovered Pandora region. Hopefully, this will spark your interest at the very least!

Sincerely,
Jude Laughner
It would have been an odd message to many other people, but to Alan, it was actually one of his normal requests. You see, Alan was a Tracker. A person who's sole job was to track down his client;s lost possessions and Pokemon with only his own Pokemon and instincts. However, including the idea of Pandora simply made it more mysterious. Was he looking for something there? Or was it some kind of a trick? Either way, Alan agreed to the meeting, after all, what could happen at a place like Moo Moo Cafe.

Obviously though, Alan did need to know a little about the man before actually attending the meeting. Luckily, Alan knew of the all-knowing being known as Google. Through this, he was able to find out exactly what he needed to. Jude Laughner was a world-renown, and successful, treasure hunter as well as one of those eccentric rich people. So he wants me to find a treasure, thought Alan, at Pandora? Jude wanted him to go to the very place he wasn't sure existed, merely for more money.

Now knowing what he needed to know, Alan began on his way Of course, residing in the same neighborhood as the Cafe made the trip quite short and efficient, or so he thought. For some reason, Viridian's many streets seemed to be a bit to crowded. Sighing, he made his way down the street, eventually cutting through one or two alleys before finally spotting the establishment. With that said, Alan walked into the restaurant only a couple minutes later, his eyes set on a middle-aged man who's clothes seemed to be rather casual, his hand waving as he spotted the newcomer. This must be Mr. Laughner, thought Alan. After all, he's one of the only people here I don't recognize. Alan made his way over, sitting down as he stated a polite, "Hello, Mr. Laughner."

"Oh, no need with the formalities, Alan," said the man, a wide smile across his face. "Simply call me Jude. I went ahead and ordered you some Moo Moo Milk just moments ago. But now that we have our short introductions aside, I am requesting your assistance in something of what I believe to be of utmost importance. So, to get more to the
058.png
poi-"

"Wait. Just wait a minute. You want me to go to Pandora, don't you?"

"Well, as a matter of fact I do."

"Mr. Laugh-" he began before stopping himself. "Jude. How exactly would I know that Pandora actually exists? I mean, and not to be to rude, but the pictures you sent me and the videos on all of the news channels could all be CGI, am I wrong?"

At first, Jude merely smiled as he looked at the young man, his thoughts hidden before he actually answered. "Unfortunately Alan, I honestly can't prove that the pictures were fake until you see it. I do understand your skepticism, but at the same time I promise on my honor that I am telling you the truth."

But would trusting him be the smartest choice, thought Alan. Obviously, he looks quite trustworthy, but should I really take the chance? "One more question. How do you, a rich treasure hunter, know about a small town tracker who has only traveled through one region?"

"Ah, I expected you to ask that. To be honest, I hadn't known about you until quite recently. You see, I was actually visiting the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion when I began talking to the club's chairperson. For some reason, I told him about my plans and before I knew it, he recommended you for it. I don't exactly remember why, but he had said something about a lost Master Ball in one of the unexplored parts of Diglett Tunnel. Not only did he say you found it, but you actually returned it. Honestly, I know most people would have taken the rare item and ran. It proved to me that you are very skilled in what you do, but also that Alan, you are a trustworthy young man.

"However, I do understand that he seems to exaggerate quite a bit. So just to be sure, I tracked down multiple other clients of yours who all said the same exact things, ranging from a lost Aron deep within the Viridian Forest to an Experience Share that had been dropped in a pond at the Safari Zone. And you know what the most interesting thing about it all was? I had learned that you didn't even use an ItemFinder, only your own knowledge and instinct. It sounded unorthodox at first, but you managed to pull it off every time. I applaud you."

Fortunately, the chairperson didn't exaggerate when he told this story. The emphasis on this. It was all true. However, he was still a bit worrisome, though after the praise, Alan decided he would hear it out. "Please continue Jude."

Smiling, the man did just that. "So, I assume you've heard of Pandora's many stories as all of us have. Fortunately, we only have one story to worry about. It is the tail of the four brothers who ruled the region. It is said that at the end of their reign, they hid their treasures in an unknown place there. Now that Pandora's proven to exist, I believe the same as the treasures. As I stated before, you have found many lost possessions and Pokemon and I have contemplated over a single thought ever since I found this all out. With your skills, I think that you can find the treasure without too much trouble.

"Of course, I will fund the trip as to not harm what expenses you possess, however I have a single requirement. I will receive half of the treasure. I must also state that I have tracked down several other trainers and treasure hunters who have a chance as well, making this trip somewhat of a race. However, even if you fail, I know that you could easily see this as a great vacation and well as an unique adventure.

"If you have any more thoughts or questions, I'd be happy to answer it," said the man, his smile still on his face.

"Just one. Will you always smile like you are now?" It was obviously said in a joking manner, however Alan did feel some sort of creepiness from it.

"Only if you would like me to. Have you found your answer?"

Alan honestly didn't know what to say immediately and let his thoughts start their typical process. On one hand, the trip could be strenuous and useless, while on the other, it could result in an amazing adventure and huge riches. But what to do? The odds were that there was no harm to him and only chances for greatness. Sighing, Alan gave the man his answer.

"Jude. It seems that you have pulled my arm on this, especially with the little complement you gave me. So with that said, as long as you smile a tad less, I'm in."

"That may be a bit hard for me," answered the older man. "But I agree to your terms. Now, what Pokemon would you like to be your new partner?"

Sighing, Alan started up once again. "So you mean that I can't use my own Pokemon? That basically means I'm starting almost completely over."

"Well, several of the other people do not own a Pokemon and in order to make this race a bit more even, I have decided to give you all one Pokemon to accompany you. Are you worried Alan? I'd completely understand if you decided not to go."

"Don't worry. However, if you plan on telling anyone else about your race, maybe start off with that as the first requirement."

"I'll take that under consideration," said Jude with a laugh. "Nonetheless, I'll still waiting on your answer."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
** EDIT: All done!

[name/nicknames:] Adrian Randal
[gender/sex:] Male.
[age:] Nineteen.

[appearance:]
Adrian is lanky, very tall, and all angles. Sharp face, pointed nose, bony fingers, triangular shoulders... It's almost like the guy could stab you just by glancing your way, if not for his thick gentle eyebrows and warm amiable gaze. His light greyish-brown eyes are usually behind a pair of glasses; without the glasses the world becomes a blurred, incoherent mess of color to him. One can often note Adrian's dreadful crooked teeth, as he grins and laughs often. His hair is a miserable blonde rat's nest. He has a rather pathetic bit of stubble and does a lousy job of keeping it shaved.

His sharp edges are also offset by his attire. Adrian often wears a big, puffy, weather-resistant yellow coat that he could practically drown in, along with baggy jeans and t-shirts. In fact, most of his clothes look like they're a size or two too big for him (which is the way he likes it, mind you). His bold red tennis shoes, however, are costly, new, and snazzy, an odd juxtaposition to his baggy and scrappy look. His hands are usually covered by an old scruffy pair of dark fingerless gloves. His clothes and food and all that junk go sloppily into a tough camping backpack. He also wears a heavy black monster of a belt, which can hold all of his handheld devices and utilities with plenty of room to spare.

[history:]
First things first, Adrian's an amateur psychic. You know, like these guys. He's either learned or inherited the skills from his mother (I'll get to her soon), but, in all honesty, he isn't very impressive. He can't do any mind reading or fortune telling; his abilities are limited to telekinesis. Not even the hardcore send-cars-and-unfortunate-bystanders-flying-with-your-mind telekinesis. Just kind of... clumsily levitating small, light objects, like writing utensils or Pokeballs. His abilities may improve with practice over the course of the roleplay... or not. He might just be doomed to never become decent at it by his inherent natural lousiness. We'll see!

So uh, right. Adrian's mom. Helena was born in Saffron City. Lived there most of her life, a good fourty years or so. In that time she met her husband, Gregory. They met in their later teenage years. They were like star-crossed lovers. It was sparkly and romantic. They got married. They had kids. They worked and earned money and supported their family. All that lovely stuff! To be more specific, Adrian came first, followed by his younger sister by six years, Madison. And Helena worked an office job at Silph Co., while Gregory worked at the Magnet Train station. All in all they had a nice little life set up for themselves, if a bit hectic, what with work schedules and the day to day rush of the big city.

But when Hoenn and the USU started trying to get their grubby paws all over Kanto, Helena and her little family made like a leaf and got the hell out of there while they still could. See, she's the sort of psychic that can do all those spiffy things Adrian can't. Or, at least the fortune telling part. Her sixth sense warned her that some shady business was going down. Not that she wasn't suspicious to begin with; she and her husband had no interest in Hoenn's recent affairs, and didn't want to get caught up in any of that junk. Thankfully, peaceful, pleasant Johto was just a quick Magnet Train trip away.

They settled down in Ecruteak and, after a period of adjustment, found that life in a quiet traditional town was a lot easier on everybody's nerves. That is... everybody except Adrian. He was firmly adapted to city life. He enjoyed the activity. Lights and sounds everywhere. Everything was accessible. There were always new places to go, new things to see. And there were plenty of people for him to impress! But here, everything was slow-paced and, dare I say it, boring. Adrian since his childhood had always had a short attention span and a constant hunger for things to do, and he'd never really been deprived of such consistent availability of entertainment. Now, relocated and well into his teenage years, Adrian found himself unsatisfied with his situation.

On top of that, things weren't going too well for him. He was on his way into adulthood, with no plans for a college education (nor any interest in getting one), little if any work experience, and pretty much no idea what to do with his life. He did get himself a job at a local convenience store, but ended up being fired before too very long, much to his mother's displeasure. It kind of went downhill from there. All attempts to start supporting himself faded into increasingly desperate attempts to entertain himself. He ran off to Goldenrod every now and then, taking along his mother's Kadabra (without permission) to ensure his safety along the way.

Now, here's what broke the last straw and got him into the SOUL program. Adrian developed a tendency to perform all sorts of psychic shenanigans. Telekinetic shoplifting, spilling drinks and popcorn in movie theaters without lifting a finger, making peoples' wallets and credit cards dance in the air... all silly stuff, really. But, silly or not, he got caught in the act, and ended up being driven home by a police officer. He wasn't arrested or anything, though a stern warning was enough to send his mother into a frenzied rage. Her was her son, at nineteen, incompetent and irresponsible, running around causing trouble with the age-old powers she had passed down to him in one way or another. She could tolerate his disobedience and his sneaking off, but such use of his psychic abilities was just all kinds of disrespectful.

So she sent him off. Some community service would do him good, right?

[personality:]
Adrian is a rather awkward blend of "relaxed and easygoing" and "ADD spazcase". Nothing much seems to visibly phase him; he's calm and collected, optimistic and carefree, a "take life as it comes" sorta guy. But, at the same time, he's a fast-paced city kid: spontaneous, and in need of constant activity. His mind is always running at a mile a minute. When life doesn't do the same, he starts to lose his casual cool and succumb to the dull drone of boredom.

And Adrian idle rarely ends well. With nothing to occupy his time or attention he tends to lean into shadier activities. Pranking and hassling people, at least. Under the stress of boredom he even becomes something of a kleptomaniac, compulsively taking things, getting a kick out of the risk involved. In a way he's on a boderline between harmless prankster and shady delinquent, because his sense of judgement covers less the more bored he gets. At his best he wouldn't dare, but at his worst, sure, he'd consider going through with plenty of actual crimes if they were suggested to him. Anything to entertain himself, and, hey, if anyone has a problem they can deal with it.

But don't get the wrong idea. Adrian's not a bad guy. Generally he's friendly and outgoing, and willing to do any sort of favor for anyone. He's not the questioning sort. He won't pry into one's affairs or worry himself sick over the details of a statement or request. He'll just kind of go with the flow. He doesn't have time for hard feelings or confrontations. As such, he's easy to get along with, if you can work at his pace, and while he isn't always the best at understanding other peoples' emotions, he will always accept them. Adrian is a loyal companion who values his friends. And, though he doesn't really show it, he gets lonely without anybody to relate to.

This may, in part, be attributed to his vanity. The only thing he likes more than hearing himself talk is having the eyes and ears of others on him, be them close friends or random strangers. As such he loves to tell stories, or to show off, or to perform shameless acts, becoming the center of attention. Is this the result of a secret inferiority complex? Maybe so! But whatever the case it is for the most part harmless, albeit obnoxious to some.

[aspiration:]
See, the thing is, Adrian doesn't really have an aspiration. That's his big problem. No goals, no dreams, no passions... nothing to really work for. It's why he ended up in this mess. He's a friendly and well-meaning but very aimless individual, prone to causing a ruckus out of idle boredom. His journey, whatever it may entail, will hopefully lead him to a cause he can really pursue. He has always been interested in travelling and battling with Pokemon, and recognizes that there's something of an opportunity for him here.

[starter:]
Okay, random Pokemon generator here I go... Nidoran Female!! Awesome!
DAdaa.gif

[password 1:]
Quit Writing Essays Regarding The Yellow Umbrella; It's Obnoxiously Perplexing

[password 2:]
aSpen two

[RP sample:]
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
This RP looks soo cool :3 here's my sign up

Name/Nicknames: Viola "Vi" Masters

Gender/Sex: female

Appearance: Viola is short for her age and has extremely pale skin, so pale that people have often compared it to snow. Her eyes are a bright sky blue in color and they really stand out against her skin. Her hair goes down to the middle of her back and is a raven black in color. She normally has her hair down with it curled slightly at the bottom and her bangs are a lime green in color as well as the highlights in her hair. Viola always wears lime green and dark green eye shadow, black eye liner, as well as black lipstick to complete her look. She also as a stud nose piercing in the left side of her nose, her right eye-brow is pierced, and both of her ears have three piercings each.

As for her other clothing, Viola is never seen not wearing two things, her lime green beret with a skull on it in the right side of her hair, the other thing is a black choker with a lime green skull on her neck. Viola normally dresses in a black and lime green stripped top that ends right above her belly button so her bellybutton piercing can be seen. On her arms she wears a pair of finger-less lime green fishnet gloves and on her left arm she has a tattoo of black roses going up the arm. For the bottom half of her clothing Viola wears a knee length black skirt with lime green lace on the bottom. On her legs she has a pair of lime green fishnet stockings and wears a pair of black combat boots.

History: Viola had what she considers a rough childhood. Her father was a prominent business man in Goldenrod City, because of this her family had a lot of money and both her parents gave her everything she could have ever wanted. As a very small child Viola was a sweet kind little girl who's favorite color was pink and she wouldn't dream of doing anything bad. But that all changed when she turned 14. As she became a teenager Viola started to rebel against her parents. She was tired of being spoiled, tired of being treated like glass. So when her parents were on a business trip she got a friend to dye Lime green into her hair and do her piercings and tattoo, then she reorganized her look, getting rid of everything pink and girly. The only thing she didn't get rid of was her love for drawing. But she didn't stop there.

Viola started to shoplift after that gaining quite the record, she also started to smoke. This went on for years, with her parents trying everything they could to stop her...to no avail. Finally after she turned 17 her parents had no choice but to put her in the SOUL program even though her mother didn't want to. Viola and her friends went to shoplift from a store but things turned sour, and her two friends ended up killing someone. Faced with either prison or the SOUL program, her parents sent her to the one she wanted the least.

Personality: Viola is a very headstrong girl but she's not afraid to stand up for who she is and what she believes in. She won't back down from a fight, be it in words or a physical fight. She has only two friends, both of whom chose Prison over the soul program leaving her alone, so if asked about them she will get very bitter about it. If by chance you get her to like you Viola will be extremely protective of you, as well as a bit nicer. She still smokes and can't bring herself to stop that and she loves to draw. Other important things about Viola are that she hates being asked if she plays the Viola due to that being her name (It has happened), her favorite colors are black and lime green, if your too girly she will hate you, and personally she prefers to date girls over guys making her a bigger disappointment in her fathers eyes... she doesn't care what her father thinks. To her she will always be a disappointment, so has plans in place to just cut herself off from her mother and father, it would either be that or getting disowned.

Aspiration: She wants to be an artist.

Starter: Sneasel

Password 1: qwireuqoruqwoutqputruputeqpeur

Password 2: cHerry four

RP Sample:Here's a recent post from the RP Danger on the S.S. Anne
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Well, Mr. Polar Bear, this RP seems pretty fun if I do say so myself. And I've been wanting a new RP to participate in, so I'm going to ask you kindly to hit me up with a reservation. The SU will be finished and up sometime tomorrow I believe.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I love the participation and eagerness from you guys! :3

However, I would like to point out, like it said in the IC thread, there is no reserving spots. It's first come first serve, so just post the full SU when you can. :3

Can't wait to see some of those unfinished ones so far!

But getting on to one that's was actually finished:

@~Genevieve~ - Dat black and lime green. Her appearance is all fine and dandy as it looks now (quite the consistent color coordination she's got there!), but your detailing lacks quite a bit when it comes to Viola's History and Personality.

Let's start with her history. I don't understand her reasoning. She's not really believable, because why would a kid in their right mind that received everything she could've every desired as a child suddenly shift so dramatically almost overnight simply because she "was tired of being treated like glass." The transition could work, but it needs more logic behind it. These changes don't happen because one day she decides to go from a prim and proper girly rich girl to black-and-green scene queen, it takes time and more factors to become that radically different. I know she was rebellious, but why did she resort to petty thievery as an outlet of all things? Was it because she fell into the wrong crowd? Did it make her feel alive or was she trying to prove a point (she is rich, after all)? Why did she begin to hate her girly past as a reaction to hate from being spoiled? Why did she hate being spoiled? Did it make her feel insecure? Was she made fun of? Did she want to claim a sense of independence and that was getting in the way? There's just not enough substantial reasoning and material to make her believable in the slightest.

Moving onto Personality, I see the same issues here. There are parts that flows together nicely, but you need to explain a lot more. What can someone do to be her friend, especially now her past friends had jilted her? And why were these friends not in her history? Who are they? And holy moly! I don't remember her parents ever being ashamed of her in her history either! And if she doesn't care about them or their thoughts about her, why does she remotely care about being disowned? There needs to also be more depths to her personality, because she's a bit too flat right now.

For now, you're declined. You can fix up your profile and come back, but the spots remain open.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
alright, I'll most likely have to look into this if a spot opens up, I'm gone starting from July 22nd, to August 7th, and have a feeling that by the time I get back the spots will be taken.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Oof, finished up my SU! Oh yeah, and I should probably mention, I do have marching band camp coming up in August, which will limit how active I can be for a couple weeks. I'll do my best to keep up during that time.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@iLike2EatPiez - I nearly died when I saw "amateur psychic" in bold. You're very good with creating a voice with your words.

Your RP sample is a bit skimpy, it could use more meat. I found it a tad difficult to really visualize the scene. However, you proved to be competent in writing and it was nice to read.

You found yourself to be on the accepted list. Hopefully keeping up with the RP and your marching band plans mesh up well. Good luck with that, by the way. :3

And, and I've been waiting to say this:

PUPPIES <3333

The data about your Pokemon will be given when the first mission is ready to start. :3

@Placeholders - Make sure you get in those SUs! There are no reserves remember, so if someone swoops in with a finished and acceptable SU, a spot can be easily taken from you!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Gyaaah! Sorry I'm taking so long. It is so hard to think up a legitimate storyline for a dumb but kind strong kid and how he could possibly wind up in this kind of situation...

Or I could write about a bad-ass... HMM.

EDIT: You know, the bad-ass is probably easier to incorporate. LET'S DO IT.

EDIT2: OH BUT A DUMB KID WOULD BE SO FUN. ADUFNDIFJDKMFALMFAS

EDIT3: OK. DONE.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
@ Skymin: You can't be such a weird person sometimes. :P

@The Polar Bear: I'll try and work on it as much as I can right now.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Skymin - OH MY GOODNESS I JUST WANT TO GIVE HIM A HUG AND CUDDLE AND ASIODOJFNOIOSFJSAID

*Ahem*

Pardon me.

Great SU. Accepted.

And like that, another spot is gone.

and he was bbbbeeeeaaaauuuuttttiiiiffffuuuullll~

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Name/Nicknames: Laurence Fox
Appearance
: Laurence is an average kind of dude, sorta. He's tall, about 6'2", but looks about five inches higher than that thanks to his luck on acquiring on ectomorphic body at birth. Simply saying he's tall with a narrow body, thin limbs, and drooping shoulders. His attempts at bulking up or at least putting on a little mass have been impossible and since he was maybe twelve has had a noticeably thin body. At first it was funny, but when realizing how meek he looked, it was just a hassle all together.

However, the upside to being naturally thin is that you can pull off the "thin look". Unfortunately dressing "thin" means that his wardrobe can rack up some serious bills. Especially suits. Luckily for him, as nice as suits are, he doesn't particularly enjoy wearing them and, as such, successfully avoids going to places which require them (well except work...). For his casual dress, Laurence wears something either tailored (because he has to) or luckily bought in his size. He isn't really "in the know" when it comes to fashion, so his everyday wear usually consists of straight-leg pants and some kind of shirt or another. He's a fan of dark clothes (though not too dark) so a dark green or a brown or a little bit of black somewhere is kind of his thing. What's more of his trade mark, though, is a jacket he wears. Not a hoodie or anything like that, but a nice, gray sport coat. It had to be his favorite jacket and while he never absolutely had to wear it, he did wear it often over his garb. It was a jacket that he'd taken out of his father's closet after his passing and had kept not really for sentimental value, but because it looked almost criminally nice (at least to him). The years had worn it some, but it still kept a good portion of flare.

History:
A life of crime doesn't really describe Laurence's daily life. The only life of crime he gets is from watching mystery or crime shows on TNT or some other network like that. He'd wish for a life of crime, if it didn't also come with the risk of the death penalty or being on the run or something like that. He really wasn't an on the run type of guy. No, Laurence's life is quite average and it wouldn't be treading into unknown waters to say it was quite dull. His life has always been like this, or at least until the time he was conscious enough to realize how boring his regular day really was. When you stopped having battles with Lugia in your backyard or school didn't keep you so occupied that walking around the neighborhood with friends or going skating constituted for wild nights the whole "my life could be much better" thought starts to come up more often. As a kid, of course, Laurence didn't care about any of that. Fighting Lugia was all he needed to keep himself occupied. The youngest of two, Laurence was behind part of his brother's shadow. He was not completely forgotten, but it was always Bruce & Laurence, never Laurence & Bruce. It wasn't really something that Laurence got mad about, being a no conflict kind of guy, but it didn't stop him from realizing that he wasn't the most notable part of the family. His brother Bruce was most usually smarter than him, there was maybe two things that Laurence could get on Bruce: Height and athletics. Not like lifting weights and punching and kicking kind of athletics, but run a mile or bike up a hill kind of athletics. Bruce was like snails and rabbits when it came to a race, but that wasn't really something you could hang over a person's head. Not only was Bruce smart, but he was an idea guy. Not to say that Laurence was never creative, but Bruce could make ideas that made a lot more sense and were a lot more practical than anything he could come up with. An example of this gift was Bruce's idea for them to start their own business.

Late Fox was the name of their soon-to-be constructed bar. They of course, at the time, didn't know much about making their own bar or business for that matter, but Laurence had a knack for getting to know people, finding important guys that could help out. That's where he came in. The idea was constructed when Bruce was on his way to college. He'd never really known what he wanted to do, but Bruce knew he wanted to own something, not work anywhere and, being a year behind him and thus, still in high school, the idea seemed like the best thing in the world for Laurence, even though he couldn't touch the stuff without cops writing an arrest (not that it would change much). As the years went by Laurence's view on the slowly growing plans became less enthusiastic. The idea was, however, coming together. Bruce was attempting some sort of degree in business and Laurence, like he'd always been able, could find the guys that could help them out on their bar-making-scheme or at least get a cheap lot to set up shop. Before long their plan and goal had expanded, Bruce not only wanting to build a bar, but make their own beer. Naturally the two had no idea what the first part of brewing was, but it was a work and progress and, again, Laurence could find the right people, right? They have made closer steps to the first part of their master plan. While the actual building has not been raised yet, Bruce has his eyes on what he thinks would be a good location and it would only take some rigorous savings to purchase it. They would, of course, they had no doubts against it and Laurence, being so good with people, had a way of securing the spot for them for at least a couple years. And, while business wasn't the most interesting thing in the world for him, Laurence knew Bruce was a dreamer and would assist him on this little journey.

Things, however, can't always go so smoothly. Laurence didn't end up in SOUL on purpose, may not have even deserved it, but he somehow was able to get himself stuck. While Laurence wasn't the type of guy to go out of his way to try a sport, sometimes he would go to the track at the gym of his own accord and run a few laps for a quick workout before his normal (attempts at) body building exercises. He usually did his workouts with a friend and during the run had gotten himself immersed in quite the conversation, to the point where he stopped paying so much attention to where he was going. He ended up running into a fellow gym-goer who, simply speaking, didn't appreciate Laurence's lack of attention. Not wanting conflict, he tried to get out of it, but... Well. The end result was a black eye and an order to go to SOUL on the account that he had at least tried not to engage in fighting.

This isn't exactly a program he wants to be in. Luckily as long as he keeps his laptop with him and the shipping address, he can keep up with his studies.

Personality
: Laurence is the sort of guy that goes with life avoiding all the punches. He doesn't like having to deal with tough situations and does his best to keep out of them. He works hard, eats right, and obeys the rules. A good citizen and that's all he needs to be. Unfortunately his life can be quite boring, giving him monotonous mornings, afternoons, and nights. He doesn't complain much, but does wish for something more exciting. His social life, for one could be better. Laurence can feel uncomfortable with the prospect of talking to women, since he's not sure how they'll take him. When he does start talking he does relatively well, though he always makes his next words like a multiple choice test. Laurence doesn't get angry very much, or doesn't try to, because getting angry is taxing on energy. He's not too partial to things that are taxing on energy and feels better doing things the easier way than the hardest way, at least when it comes to physical activity like climbing or something like that. The volunteer work, like his normal job, he does his best on. Like anyone forced into the SOUL project, Laurence isn't happy about being in there, but doesn't complain much about it, mostly because that would be taxing.

Laurence both hates and enjoys being the normal guy or the one that's just there. When he does have the opportunity to be in the spotlight, he usually declines, even though he wishes for something like so. When insulted, he either agrees or tries to make a joke out of it. Getting angry might put him into a conflict and conflicts not only made him uncomfortable, but they were emotionally and physically draining. He tried to stay on a person's good side anyways. It was easier to be nicer to someone when you were on their good side and Laurence was just a naturally nice person. Being mean took up too much energy anyways and he wasn't good at it! Insults weren't really his forte and hating someone was really tiring. If he ever got in a fight, he'd surely fail. He never exactly learned how to fight. Punching, yes, but how hard could he really punch?

Aspiration: Laurence is going into the beer making business with his brother, it seemed. But business was never really his calling or something he found interesting. Laurence always liked the media, and not just the media, but the camera. He didn't necessarily take photos since he was eight, but he always liked the idea of photography, liked the emotions they could display in real life. He realized he'd be interested in the trade his Junior year in high school and focused his studies in college on photographic arts. His brother Bruce tried to convince him to focus on his pictures rather than a bar, but Laurence refused and figured he could use it for at least advertising.

Starter
:[FONT=&quot] Togepi!
Password 1: Quincy Wittenburg Entertains Really Tiny Yanma Until Ivan Oscars Poops
Password 2
: syCamore two
RP Sample:
[/FONT]
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Kiklion - Well, this is certainly well written! You do a fairly good job at describing him.

There's only one thing, though. Laurence really doesn't have anything special about him.... which isn't like how it sounds. He's just a tad boring. Nothing could really come out of him - sure, we as humans constantly change and grow - but he's, like, bare. I was always waiting for a "but" to come. Like: "he may be such and such in these ways, BUT he's the dovahkiin blahdey blah."

He's kinda plain. I feel like he needs something more about him, more sides to his personality. More juice. People are like boxes, with more than one side. But I feel like Laurence is one, maybe two sides tops? And they aren't that interesting.

Literally everything is fine otherwise. Can you please just.... expand? Make him more interesting?

Also, I noticed an inconsistency.... in his history, it states that he's great at rounding up people for his bar business. But, in his personality, he's more than a little awkward with people? Needs more fluidity.

Just come back to me with your edits if you're still interested. I really, really want to accept you since this was so well written- but my reasons just got in the way. :/

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Well the point of Laurence was to be a boring kind of person. It's kind of his thing. I'll try to think of something, but I don't know really what I can add. I might just end up making an entirely new character.

I don't know, I really want to join this, so if I decide to change the character I'll get it done tomorrow.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
♦♦♦♦♦ Server 42.36.01: Massachusetts, USA; Sunday 9 May 1999 02:02:37 a.m. ♦♦♦♦♦
Welcome, <GUEST> !

TITLE%20FOR%20SIGNATURE_zpsffopszhs.png

[ ADVENT▓RE ] | ギアGAME INFORMATION | <,url=?>>ƧETTNGS
<script type=wondertrade_ost player> <data-config:バクフーンOfficialThemeSong.mp3 </script>

[ BOOK ONE - ACT ONE ]
NEW%20FIRSTSTEPSINTOABRANDNEWWORLD%20PICTURE_zpshtcjaduf.png

♦♦♦ PORT WENGE ♦♦♦

♦♦♦ EVENT SCREENS AND SILHOUETTED TRAINERS ♦♦♦

We are currently encountering difficulties with our server at the moment! The system needs to reboot to provide additional areas and quests. The game is still playable, however.​

© '62 - '90 Nintendo Trading Card Company
© '89 - '90 Cable Club International​

Last edited:
Back