The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Heracles4

Aight, thanks Cyclone

I'll try that

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:20 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Playing it and I must say it is far more difficult than Life Of Guardians !!! I have so many questions in mind so here they are:
1) DjG said if you don't want Eevee you should go back to the shore after the two rivals Event at Route 1, I got Mudkip in replace of Eevee. But when I checked my Poke Team list eevee was still present.

My other question is Do we get only Mudkip or its just Random?

2) Where is Chip Battle game?
3) I was passing in Route 2-B when I saw this Item behind the tree. How the Hell am I suppose to get it!!!

Old November 20th, 2012, 03:58 AM
SS Goku

@alienhunterx

1. Eevee still in your team is probably a bug, I think DJG mention it before. The Pokemon you get is a random starter. Also:
Spoiler:
I suggest saving your game before talking to the guy (remember this when you restart in the next beta), because you can get one Kanto starter from an old man that requires Cut to get to.

2. I think it's in a house on a route that you can go to after the first three gyms.
3. Walk to the town/city to the right and find the way in, at first I thought I can't get it too.
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:19 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Goku View Post
@alienhunterx

1. Eevee still in your team is probably a bug, I think DJG mention it before. The Pokemon you get is a random starter. Also:
Spoiler:
I suggest saving your game before talking to the guy (remember this when you restart in the next beta), because you can get one Kanto starter from an old man that requires Cut to get to.

2. I think it's in a house on a route that you can go to after the first three gyms.
3. Walk to the town/city to the right and find the way in, at first I thought I can't get it too.
Thanks for the answers and I will remember saving before that old man in future. I should have saved before that guy because I wanted to pick Torchic....Oh well!!!

Another question I caught a Ralts and it won't advances to Lv 11 and it is stuck on Level 10
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:56 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
My dear friend, 10 level bug is probably the most known feature of SkyLine :D
You could have read something before asking :D
DJG was working very hard to fix it but as it was impossible, he decided to reinsert all the things into new ROM, we should be expecting this bug to be fixed in the new release =)
Old November 21st, 2012, 01:02 AM
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Another question I caught a Ralts and it won't advances to Lv 11 and it is stuck on Level 10
Thats the reason why DJG had to restart this hack.Its a bug where certain pokemon need way too much exp to get to the next level and if you use a rare candy it will go to Lv.100.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Thats the reason why DJG had to restart this hack.Its a bug where certain pokemon need way too much exp to get to the next level and if you use a rare candy it will go to Lv.100.
If it goes to Lv 100 I will use a Rare Candy on it . Haa haa. I thought only the pokes in Gym have problems regarding Lv 10 not wild pokes too.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 04:52 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
If it goes to Lv 100 I will use a Rare Candy on it . Haa haa. I thought only the pokes in Gym have problems regarding Lv 10 not wild pokes too.
Ralts is one of the gym Pokémon if I remember correctly... :D
And Pokémon data are the same unaffected by the posession. =)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:13 AM
alienhunterx

Reporting few bugs that might be already reported.

The dialogues are making there way out.

You said only Lv 10 is the bug known of many pokes. I encountered a trainer at Team rocket event He had I think Lv 22 Team but his third team had this leveled poke

Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

The Natu is probably just missclick on DJG's part :D
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
Quote:
You said only Lv 10 is the bug known of many pokes. I encountered a trainer at Team rocket event He had I think Lv 22 Team but his third team had this leveled poke

Team Rocket or Team Aqua...? :\
Anyway, the Level 6 Natu is intentional. Why? Remember that Rival Jorex was "looking" for a PKMN outside Mount Starlight for him to teach it Flash. He caught a new one, didn't train it to level before he faced you on the other exit of the mountain.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Sorry for nitpicking, but that Bulbasaur back sprite looks too disproportionally big.

Learning how to hex edit. I'm not advanced in any way, and rely on tools most of the time.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
Wowow amazing hack man
better than the ruby destiny series
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Heracles4

Ok so I downloaded it, and there are two files in the .rar file:

Pokemon skyline(UPS)

Pokemon skyline(IPS)

Neither work with VBA, Desmume, OR no$gba :/

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:00 PM
CrystalStatic
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles4 View Post

Pokemon skyline(UPS)

Pokemon skyline(IPS)

You need to patch the game...
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles4 View Post

Pokemon skyline(UPS)

Pokemon skyline(IPS)

You have to download a Ruby ROM and either patch it with the UPS using Tsukuyomi or with the IPS using LunarIPS (LIPS).They are patch utilities and you can just Google search for them.
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:11 PM
搞五搞六
战5渣

THX,DJG.
This is a good hack and I have already played it.But it's apity that it's unfinished.
Will I offend you if I ask when I can play the finished version?

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:59 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

Team Rocket or Team Aqua...? :\
Anyway, the Level 6 Natu is intentional. Why? Remember that Rival Jorex was "looking" for a PKMN outside Mount Starlight for him to teach it Flash. He caught a new one, didn't train it to level before he faced you on the other exit of the mountain.
It was Team Rocket ah. Hmm so you are really going with 100 accuracy according to in game events. Thats cool I respect that. Any news regarding future Beta?
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Villa10
Unhatched Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
Amazing hack, love the idea of starting with Eevee. Hoping you can finish this one and will be another successful rom hack. Congratz!
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
alienhunterx

I find it very difficult to train Eevee as it does not learns powerful moves yet still want to keep it in the party . can you at least put elemental stones sooner in the game?
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
yellowfang

I have noticed a rather unfortunate glitch. I was training my Ralts, and as soon as it reached level 10, it no longer gained experience. Upon looking at its stats, it turned out it *was* gaining experience, it just required an impossible amount of experience to level up. When I was looking at all my Pokemon's stats, I had captured a Tauros, also at level 10, who also required a ridiculous amount of experience to level up. Pictures are below.

Upon further investigation, Tauros and Ralts are both in the "Slow" experience growth rate group. I have a couple of other Pokemon who did make it past level 10 (Poliwag and Eevee), and they are not in the Slow experience growth rate group (they are in Medium Slow and Medium Fast, respectively, I believe).

Well, now my Ralts is no longer usable :( I just thought I would let you know about this bug.

[Actually, it turns out I can't post links to the pictures because I haven't made more than 15 posts here. If there is any sort of workaround then let me know.]
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
atie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfang View Post
I have noticed a rather unfortunate glitch. I was training my Ralts, and as soon as it reached level 10, it no longer gained experience. Upon looking at its stats, it turned out it *was* gaining experience, it just required an impossible amount of experience to level up. When I was looking at all my Pokemon's stats, I had captured a Tauros, also at level 10, who also required a ridiculous amount of experience to level up. Pictures are below.

Upon further investigation, Tauros and Ralts are both in the "Slow" experience growth rate group. I have a couple of other Pokemon who did make it past level 10 (Poliwag and Eevee), and they are not in the Slow experience growth rate group (they are in Medium Slow and Medium Fast, respectively, I believe).

Well, now my Ralts is no longer usable I just thought I would let you know about this bug.

[Actually, it turns out I can't post links to the pictures because I haven't made more than 15 posts here. If there is any sort of workaround then let me know.]
Those are the level 10 glitches some Pokemon have it was known that Ralts has it but now you are saying that Tauros has it aswell. DJG doesn't know the solution so he's redoing the hack to figure out that and other known bugs.

Atie-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfang View Post

Well, now my Ralts is no longer usable I just thought I would let you know about this bug.

Yeah these are known bugs and I am sure DjG is trying to fix these in future beta. But if you give these Lv 10 pokes a Rare Candy they will shoot directly at Lv 100. (Just thought to let you know)
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:57 PM
ShadeT
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Can wait for final version! :D

Old December 16th, 2012, 08:29 PM
stealthkiller46
Unhatched Egg

i love DJG's hacks, they are always good and i look forward to seeing this hack finished. but i have a question, how do u script events and stuff like that, because i want to make a pokemon hack but i cant find out how to script ANYWHERE, if anyone can tell me where i can learn everything about scripting, i would be most thankful
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links