The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
BlazZe.
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Well, first i readed "you're the son of professor ***** not Birch " and second you say this is a new area but in the story you tell that evee want with you to travel Kanto?
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazZe. View Post
Well, first i readed "you're the son of professor ***** not Birch :|" and second you say this is a new area but in the story you tell that evee want with you to travel Kanto?
Read this bit, it makes sense...

Quote:
The Story...
You woke up on a shore, and found an Eevee who seemed to be washed ashore as well. The Eevee decided to come with you as you try to continue your trip to Kanto, but after travelling to a town where the port was located, you decided to travel this brand new region instead; the Crest region.
Along the way, you'll meet up with a number of trainers who are also on the move of achieving their own dreams. Friends or foes, you'll be a part of their lives, and they will to you.
Later on, you'll be meeting Team Aqua once again, and you will do your best to try and foil their evil plans as you travel around the region, but are they here to cause chaos, or something else?
And that neatly brings me to what I like. I absolutely love the story of this DJG. You always have a knack for writing and creating some pretty unique hacks. I haven't played the beta yet, but I'll wait for the next release as it sounds like it will be more... Refined!

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 6th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Correspondence

Its a great hack and all but i think the distance between the towns are way too short and the routes could use a little more trainers in them.
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
MUDKIPS4LIFE
Hack Player.

Nature: Relaxed
Love the game, i think it's new refreshing but obvious it was made by the person who made the ruby destinies
I don't know how this bug is possible, but when ralts hits level 10 it takes him 1,000,000 exp to level up again

This ferocious beast is stronger then Chuck Norris. Bigger then Godzilla. He will crush you in seconds. He is a beast. That blush? Blood from a baby he ate earlier.
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDKIPS4LIFE View Post
I don't know how this bug is possible, but when ralts hits level 10 it takes him 1,000,000 exp to level up again
Oh god... and if you give it Rare Candy it will teleport to the level 100, yeah everyone knows that =D
DJG's trying his best to fix this =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:01 PM
blackmage856

This dark story event starts with the Suicune event right ? :D If so ..I've seen it ...when I was speed running around the world rebattling every trainer xD

Old August 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage856 View Post
This dark story event starts with the Suicune event right ? :D If so ..I've seen it ...when I was speed running around the world rebattling every trainer xD
No.
The Suicune event is part of the main story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Oh god... and if you give it Rare Candy it will teleport to the level 100, yeah everyone knows that =D
DJG's trying his best to fix this =)
Nnnope.
I'm trying to avoid it by restarting the hack fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Its a great hack and all but i think the distance between the towns are way too short and the routes could use a little more trainers in them.
It'll stay that way, unfortunately.
As for the trainers, I may decide to add some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaceon12 View Post
That tree that moves was super annoying. I went through every town looking for an answer... Not nice.
That was on the F.A.Q. on the first thread. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK0UT View Post
i was wondering, will there be any music from life of guardians in the game? i swear that game had the best music ever!
Some of the LoG music will be transferred in SkyLine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Pretty clever removing the first badge one title before the weird tree. I was going to murder it the same way I used Rock Smash on a guy dressed as a rock in Pokemon Quartz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
If you go to Route 3-B before you go to Twinkle Town, the sprites for the event are there, but the event doesn't trigger. You can walk up to them and when you talk to the Suicune, it triggers a battle with Hex Maniac Evelyn with some Lvl. ~30 pokemon.
Thank you.
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Nature: Relaxed
You made this entire hack by yourself?

You're a hacking God :O
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Another hack by the amazing destinedjagold!
(can't believe I haven't seen this yet)
Looks amazing so far, and can't wait to see the finished product.
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Biminis
Beginning Trainer

I found that if you run very fast,you may go to another town without wailmer pale.It's a bug or part of the game :D?
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biminis View Post
I found that if you run very fast,you may go to another town without wailmer pale.It's a bug or part of the game :D?
If you mean that you won't obtain Wailmer Pal then yes, that is part of game because you need to remember to pick it up xD
If you mean you don't need to use it on the tree then that IS a bug o.O

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Biminis
Beginning Trainer

If you mean that you won't obtain Wailmer Pal then yes, that is part of game because you need to remember to pick it up xD
If you mean you don't need to use it on the tree then that IS a bug o.O
I mean that I don't need wailmer pale at all,to go to the other town.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
werwet
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrepuS View Post
VBA should work. Any GBA emulators should be fine (it is a ruby hack)
aw,My GBA doesn't work. Do I have to do something, before I can play? I just dowloaded and tried to open those (of course I unpacked the file)
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

No.
The Suicune event is part of the main story.

Nnnope.
I'm trying to avoid it by restarting the hack fresh.

It'll stay that way, unfortunately.
As for the trainers, I may decide to add some.

That was on the F.A.Q. on the first thread. =/

Some of the LoG music will be transferred in SkyLine.

Thank you.
Will there be any new music? I have to give it to you, that was the most masterful use of People Imprisoned by Destiny and Simple and Clean that I've seen in a rom hack. Will there be any more from Chrono Cross or Kingdom Hearts? It really gave an added effect to Life of Guardians.

EDIT: By the way, are you planning to make Skyline to be as storyline-oriented like LoG? I loved LoG mainly due to its unique storyline. Oh, and by the way, have you ever played Ragnarok Online? I think I heard Gonryun/Kunlun's Theme in the Day Care Center.

Last edited by Ach7AC; August 11th, 2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: A few more questions.
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Meowing Mewtwo

Heya DJG, Meowing Mewtwo here, this will not disappoint! And being that it's a solo hack, and that your hacking RUBY, well, I have to say that I'm impressed! VERY impressed! You are a truly amazing hacker. So anyway... Eevee. I lurv Eevee... I have a life sized Eevee doll sitting next to me as I write this... Eevee is so cute! ...the Eevee doll thing sounded weird, didn't it? But really, Ruby seems to have so many bugs... it makes me crazy! And yet I still hack it. (They say that the secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse... but my no-pay job is the same as my hobby!) Sorry for all the tangents, I do that... But like I said, this is gonna rock! :cer_boogie:
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by werwet View Post
aw,My GBA doesn't work. Do I have to do something, before I can play? I just dowloaded and tried to open those (of course I unpacked the file)
Well... at least you unpacked the file...
You need to patch the IPS/UPS file to a clean Ruby ROM.

Old August 12th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Tojo

I would like to post an image where i found bug, but some stupid rule doesnt allow me to do it, so Destinedjagold, i can send you link with that screenshot.
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo View Post
I would like to post an image where i found bug, but some stupid rule doesnt allow me to do it, so Destinedjagold, i can send you link with that screenshot.
You only have 9 posts; the forum rule is 15 posts before any links or screenshots. I don't know if this applies to PMs however, though I suspect it does.

If you upload it to imageshack or something, I'll be happy to show the image in a post here.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 12th, 2012, 05:46 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Wow another hack immediately after legend of guardians..... i never expected the first beta to be upto 6 gyms.... i have bben enjoying your hacks since i was 11..... anyway i hope you finish this hack too

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
werwet
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

Well... at least you unpacked the file...
You need to patch the IPS/UPS file to a clean Ruby ROM.
I'm so sorry for bothering you, but How can I patch it? I have never done such a thing. I tried to search the instuction or something from this tread but I didin't found it...
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm so sorry for bothering you, but How can I patch it? I have never done such a thing. I tried to search the instuction or something from this tread but I didin't found it...
For IPS file you need to use Lunar IPS program.
For UPS you need Tskuyomi (but IPSs are easier to use, so use LIPS :D)

Old August 12th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Oh my goodness, Pokémon SkyLine. Didn't see this one until now, and now that I've seen this hack thread... it immediately caught my attention. xD

That's fantastic that you're actually working on a totally new storyline that is separate from the Ruby Destiny series, it really does sound like it would be very enjoyable.

Hm... lemme take a look at the screenshots. Well, from what I can see... maybe you could change the design of the cave graphics? That would make it a more creative design.

Maybe you could also research some of the stuff in FireRed as well as Emerald? And if you can do some ASM, then you might be able to paste some of the stuff from them.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
You made this entire hack by yourself?
Yep, with some help from Crosell with the sprites.
He's still working on them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
Another hack by the amazing destinedjagold!
(can't believe I haven't seen this yet)
Looks amazing so far, and can't wait to see the finished product.
The finished product will definitely be for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biminis View Post
I'll...check on that.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
Will there be any new music? I have to give it to you, that was the most masterful use of People Imprisoned by Destiny and Simple and Clean that I've seen in a rom hack. Will there be any more from Chrono Cross or Kingdom Hearts? It really gave an added effect to Life of Guardians.
I am not sure if I will be adding new music though.
It really depends, since it's not really on the top of the things I need to do with SkyLine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
By the way, are you planning to make Skyline to be as storyline-oriented like LoG? I loved LoG mainly due to its unique storyline. Oh, and by the way, have you ever played Ragnarok Online? I think I heard Gonryun/Kunlun's Theme in the Day Care Center.
I plan to, but it won't be like LoG.
I plan to make some of the stories to only be triggered if the player can trigger them, for other stories to follow.

Quote:
I have a tutorial about that.
Hopefully, it'll be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... lemme take a look at the screenshots. Well, from what I can see... maybe you could change the design of the cave graphics? That would make it a more creative design.
I think I'll leave the cave tiles like that.
I really like FR cave tiles for some odd reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Maybe you could also research some of the stuff in FireRed as well as Emerald? And if you can do some ASM, then you might be able to paste some of the stuff from them.
I'm not good with ASM...
...okay, to be honest, I have no idea how to do ASM. =/
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:55 AM
blackmage856

I hate the attempt at fake difficulty ...by making EVERY trainer spam items, its annoying and repetitive, quite frankly it makes me not want to even go to the end of the beta.

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
mralexs
Unhatched Egg

Someone please tell me where rock smash is! I've looked all over moonlight town and I can't find it!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here