The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
jstolze

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifitrader6 View Post
I'm going to seem like a right numpty but I can't seem to get the patch to work, tsukuyomi says it patched successfully and i open it up and its still fire red, I try to get a bulbasour with chlorphyll as is supposed to be available from oak and nothing (20 times) i go the first route to find any new additions and nothing, so is it my fire red rom that's broken, or is the american version or something? and yes i have searched around google
I'm pretty sure Blubasaur doesn't get Chlorophyll until he evolves. You can always open the game in YAPE and change it to whatever you want.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
wifitrader6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
I'm pretty sure Blubasaur doesn't get Chlorophyll until he evolves. You can always open the game in YAPE and change it to whatever you want.
according to the document given, all of bulbasour, ivysour and venosaur all can have chlorophyll, and the fact that the route 1only had pidgey and rattata is proof enough that the game isnt working correctly, i tried routes 2 and three and there were still no changes. So any solutions please?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
StormVentus

This looks awesome, wonderful you guys.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
jstolze

Quote:
according to the document given, all of bulbasour, ivysour and venosaur all can have chlorophyll, and the fact that the route 1only had pidgey and rattata is proof enough that the game isnt working correctly, i tried routes 2 and three and there were still no changes. So any solutions please?
Well, you must not have patched the right game. If you DID patch it, it either works or doesn't. And by doesn't work, I mean it could have a white screen on boot if you patched it to the wrong fire red rom. Also, isn't Lunar IPS patching available as well? I would stick to that, it's more convenient in my opinion.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:03 AM
wifitrader6

*fixed, had a broken rom got it working now
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:30 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
I'm going to seem like a right numpty but I can't seem to get the patch to work, tsukuyomi says it patched successfully and i open it up and its still fire red, I try to get a bulbasour with chlorphyll as is supposed to be available from oak and nothing (20 times) i go the first route to find any new additions and nothing, so is it my fire red rom that's broken, or is the american version or something? and yes i have searched around google
You don't need to worry because the Hack has same title screen like Firered. Don't worry you will see that it ha some changes
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Ok, I got a glitch around Celadon City. So the guy who has a LV 80 Shiftry at the front of the megastore, when I restarted the game, I was playing him instead of my player, which was strange, and I couldn't move my player no matter how many times I reset the game.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
jstolze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Ok, I got a glitch around Celadon City. So the guy who has a LV 80 Shiftry at the front of the megastore, when I restarted the game, I was playing him instead of my player, which was strange, and I couldn't move my player no matter how many times I reset the game.
I had this happen with the guy dressed like Maxie on either Route 7 or 8, and the only way to get rid of it is to enter a building, fly or just plain restart the whole game. If he was standing in front of the Big Mart, you could try entering the building and that would return your character to normal. If for some reason you have teleport on one of your PKMN, you could use that to get out of the mess.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
XxAaron11xX
Unhatched Egg

Is this game done? please tell me looks good.

Old March 8th, 2013, 06:13 AM
iambatmanlol

Just a heads up. I have played this hack for the last couple of days and found a few bugs, some good and passable but some requiring the use of AR codes and such. The good ones were just Rival May glitching out and always being (although invisible) in her battle spot on route 9/10, You have to re-battle her every time you pass through that gap (makes for easy exp but gets tedious when you have to heal at the Cerulean PC to progress to Rock Tunnel). Other bugs have been stated like the "body-switching" glitch, the known places for me were Celadon City with that trainer and 4 Island on the top-right hand corner of the 3-4 high stretch of ground parallel to the breeders. These bugs ion particular usually occur in menus when your character is "inactive" which may give some insight to the problem.

Also In Icefall Cave (also on 4 island) once you get up the Waterfall where Lorelei is meant to be, well, she isn't and although i'm fairly sure she isn't fully needed to progress it's something to look into.

Also, also, I am unable to battle the weather duo, Rayquaza yes, but the other two, no.

Also, Also, Also. In your General Changes document you have it put down as Shedinja gaining base 100 hp instead of the usual 1, which doesn't seem to happen in my game. On this subject of General Changes, most Pokemon I encounter that have had ability changes or additions will not spawn with their original, i.e. I bred a couple of Beldums and none of them ever had clear body. Similar thing with starters and never having their secondary ability.

I'm unsure if that's everything (foggy memory) but that's all I have for now.
Thankyou for this great Hack I much prefer the "minimalist" type hacks for these games, I dislike hacks that change way too much of the original game. As long as i can get most (if not all) and movesets are improved (Gen 3 has horrible movesets for most of my favourites) then i'm happy.
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:54 PM
pokefan harry potter
Unhatched Egg

So I searched the thread, and there was no mention of how to install the game. I don't know if i am overthinking it, but could someone please explain?
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:35 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAaron11xX View Post
Is this game done? please tell me looks good.
No, it sure covers Sevii Islands as well as Kanto. The developers are currently working on adding Hoenn region in this hack as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefan harry potter View Post
So I searched the thread, and there was no mention of how to install the game. I don't know if i am overthinking it, but could someone please explain?
You need a VBA emulator as well as a Firered ROM to patch the file with

Last edited by DrFuji; March 9th, 2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM
pokefan harry potter
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
You need a VBA emulator as well as a Firered ROM to patch the file with
Indeed, i have both. I am just not sure what i should use to patch the fire red ROM. I have an IPS patcher, but that did not recognize the file (because it wasn't ips obviously).
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Indeed, i have both. I am just not sure what i should use to patch the fire red ROM. I have an IPS patcher, but that did not recognize the file (because it wasn't ips obviously).
Because you are obviously supposed to use WinRAR to extract the rar file =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
Hey, I've been playing this Hack for a few days, really loving it. But I've swapped bodies with the guy with the Lvl 80 Shiftery and I literally can't get out of the invisible box I don't have fly/Teleport or anything. I saved and reset the games countless times, but no joy. I really don't wanna start over is there anyway I can get past this?

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:18 PM
jstolze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat20cool View Post
Hey, I've been playing this Hack for a few days, really loving it. But I've swapped bodies with the guy with the Lvl 80 Shiftery and I literally can't get out of the invisible box I don't have fly/Teleport or anything. I saved and reset the games countless times, but no joy. I really don't wanna start over is there anyway I can get past this?
Yeah, it's a well known glitch. It also happens in either route 7 or 8 with maxie after he gives you a clampearl. I DO know a way but it requires editing the save game. Google the 3rd gen save game editor. Download it and open it. Follow the instructions I posted on that thread, which is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249554

After opening the save game, give one of your pokemon teleport while editing their moves. Save, and quit. Then, start the game, use teleport and you're good to go! :D
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:53 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
YOU MY FRIEND ARE A LIFE SAVER!

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:40 PM
pokefan harry potter
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Because you are obviously supposed to use WinRAR to extract the rar file =)
can i not use 7-zip...? it would be irritating to have to switch back and forth. I extracted it, and the game came out as a .ups file.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:23 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
can i not use 7-zip...? it would be irritating to have to switch back and forth. I extracted it, and the game came out as a .ups file.
So what are you waiting for. Patch it with UPS Patcher like Tskuyomi and start the adventure
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
pokefan harry potter
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
So what are you waiting for. Patch it with UPS Patcher like Tskuyomi and start the adventure
ahh okay, yeah i needed to know what the patcher kind was. it keeps telling me input checksum is invalid though.
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:28 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
ahh okay, yeah i needed to know what the patcher kind was. it keeps telling me input checksum is invalid though.
If you are facing that Checksum error than it is your ROM's fault. Try to change your base ROM
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
It tells you that the ROM you are using is of different base from the one creator used to create the patch.
You need to try many ROMs before the patch is successful.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:06 PM
TheRealCubanGamer
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys! I just started a Nuzlocke of this hack on my channel and I would love to have the creators YouTube channel or anything that I can use to credit him. Also, I'll leave the link to my channel so you can see the series so far.
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Well, all this talk of editors and hacking has got me in a mood. So I downloaded and patched this game right up, and Im at the Mt Moon PokeCenter, and I splurged on the Magikarp because I went and edited my favorite little fish so his stats are a bit higher and he learns more moves. The kicker in all this is I also edited the move Splash to be a 10 power Water type Fury Swipes. I should have changed the name of Splash to Flop so it would make more sense for the attack description to say 'Flop and splash around with little effect.'
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:26 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Nature: Relaxed
is this game complete, or where this beta ends?
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________

Sponsored Links

Advertise here