The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:22 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai
The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around

Nature: Adamant
As many people know there is going to be keys in Black 2/White 2. These keys are for catching Regice/Registeel and making your game mode Easy/Hard.
Unfortunately these keys are obtained after you beat the Elite Four making it only half the experience of the new modes. Now an easy answer to this is to get a friend to beat the game first then use his/her key to change the mode your game is at. Though sometimes friends don't have the right game for the mode you want or maybe they don't have the generation V games at all. I think it would be a good idea if we set up a place where we could trade keys to each other easily and without the hassle of finding someone with the right game.
Please post your opinions on this. Thank You

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:51 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Keys can be transferred to the other games to catch the opposite Regi through Unova Link.

Challenge Mode and Easy Mode cannot be transferred though.

You can however change the difficulty of a Secondary Copy of Pokemon White 2 if you owned Black 2 into Challenge Mode. You can change the mode of your game or another game.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai

I know. The keys cannot be directly transferred but the effect is "shared" when two games connect. I am talking about what if you didn't have two games and didn't really know anyone with a copy.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
So, say someone who completed the game had the difficulty key, would it be "shared" with a person who hasn't stared their game yet allowing them to play in the difficulty mode instantly? Because that's what I'm hoping to do as opposed to playing through the easy mode.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:52 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai

Yes. Keys can be shared to start a game ALMOST instantaneously. You will of course have to go to a Pokemon Center first, though in Black2/White2 there s a Pokemon Center in your home town. I personally would like to be able to play Challenge mode Instantaneously and not have to wait till the Elite Four.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Khrysta

If you don't have a friend near by, then you are kinda screwed. Gamefreak designs the games so that you have to have local friends with the games to do a lot of things. If you don't then you'd have to have a second copy with a spare DS.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'd love to unlock both modes right about now, actually. I don't think it'll be an option right now though .___.

Chances are quite high someone will develop Action Replay codes so we can activate the modes, though.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:29 AM
SadNumel
I'm a very,very SadNumel.

I never thought about it.

For some reason I think Game Freak couldn't develop a strong enough game to do that.

So, they made it to where you could only have local connection.

BUT!
What if they made it where you can trade over Wi-Fi with diffrent hubs, that can hold a small amount of players.

Just a thought.
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:39 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai

I was hoping that you could trade it over Wifi. It would be much easier since Pokemon isn't as widely played in places as in Japan.

Old July 24th, 2012, 06:29 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It's annoying how you have to share the keys through local wireless because I'd like to be able to play challenge mode when I first play the game straight away, but there is no way I'm waiting for my slow friends to finish their games before I do that. At least I'll be able to do it in the second, seeing as I'm buying both the games, but it still is a major inconvenience. I really hate it when video game companies just assume that everyone has friends (that also have the games).
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
iRyahn

Yeah you have to use Infrared, meaning your DS's literally have to be face to face with each other. I don't have any other friends who play Pokemon (or who would openly admit it, lmao) so that kind of sucks. I wouldn't even consider this local wireless because that would imply you could do it at some sort of range, where you can't even do that.

Still it's a nice option for once you have beaten the game I guess. I just wish they'd take more advantage of Wireless and just give up on everything local because let's be honest, not many people are going to playing Pokemon with their friends.
Old July 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM
ShadowTheDarkrai

Local trading and such should be removed and replaced in Wifi. Though I do have Pokemon playing friends they will probably take awhile and one is even considering NOT getting the game. The keys are just another example of the things we thought were easy but end up wishing it were easier. I totally agree with most of the above statements by others in this forum.

Old July 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I really hate it when video game companies just assume that everyone has friends (that also have the games).
I agree with this. I find it annoying, too. I thought I could trade keys over Wi-Fi, but I guess not. :/ I'm sorta forcing my little sister to get White 2 so we can trade keys. And just in case nobody knew, the next part is spoilered.

Spoiler:
I told her Reshiram was in White 2, not Black 2. She thought Reshiram was in B2 because it was in the first Black game.

I don't have Pokemon playing friends... just siblings, and they get their games like months after I get mine. D:
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

@Galdr Haha same with me and my bro.

But wait I'm confused. After you defeat the Elite Four and unlock the challenge key, does that mean you have to restart the game again if you wanna play in a different mode from the beginning? O.o
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
PokeFreak201306
Pokemon Master

Send a message via Skype™ to PokeFreak201306
So if i have black and my brother has white 2 ill have to beat it then connect with v him then start over and he can give it to me?
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Khrysta

No I think if you reset your game it permanently deletes everything from your data including the Keys meaning you'd have to beat the game again to get a new one. That's how it works with all the past games. Its why you can't relink with the Pokewalker in HG/SS and why you can't relink your Black/White to the Dream World after deleting your data.

You can only make the game harder form where you currently are or get a second game to use the Key on to increase the difficulty.

If you delete your game to try and play it on hard mode, it will not work. You'll just delete everything including the key and most likely with rage about it for a long time.

The Keys and Challenge/Easy Mode are also two competely different things. The Key for Regice/Registeel aren't what enable the Modes, Simply beating the game enables the modes.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:04 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai

Yes resetting games will reset the key too. You also cannot trade keys to or use them on Black and White (not 2) so if you want to use the first game to avoid the spoilers of playing a White2 or Black 2 game and then doing it again in challenge mode. Trust me, replaying the same Pokemon Game with *slight* changes over and over again gets boring fast.

Old July 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Thankfully, I can resort to Emerald Version to obtain the Regis/Legendary Golems (although there's the disadvantage of the Synchronize field effect applying to the B2W2 Regis, but not to the RSE ones), but I'm still annoyed that these Regi Keys are local wireless only instead of global WiFi. It's getting increasingly harder to find nearby people who own copies of the Pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
It's annoying how you have to share the keys through local wireless because I'd like to be able to play challenge mode when I first play the game straight away, but there is no way I'm waiting for my slow friends to finish their games before I do that. At least I'll be able to do it in the second, seeing as I'm buying both the games, but it still is a major inconvenience. I really hate it when video game companies just assume that everyone has friends (that also have the games).
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdr View Post

I agree with this. I find it annoying, too. I thought I could trade keys over Wi-Fi, but I guess not. :/ I'm sorta forcing my little sister to get White 2 so we can trade keys. And just in case nobody knew, the next part is spoilered.

Spoiler:
I told her Reshiram was in White 2, not Black 2. She thought Reshiram was in B2 because it was in the first Black game.

I don't have Pokemon playing friends... just siblings, and they get their games like months after I get mine. D:
And this.

Last edited by fenyx4; October 17th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Pingouin_7
This account is now inactive

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I'd love to unlock both modes right about now, actually. I don't think it'll be an option right now though .___.

Chances are quite high someone will develop Action Replay codes so we can activate the modes, though.
There IS an Action Replay code.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:42 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
THERE IS???
WHERE!!!!
I just planned on resorting to just buy both(where im from one main series pokemon game costs about 34.99 plus tax) so i was gonna spend 80$

But now all i need is that code

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I want to get Black 2 but I want to play in Challenge Mode the first time round, would I be able to do this or would I need to complete it first then use the Key?

Old August 4th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
Just to verify this, I am going to buy both games as always but i really only want to play White 2 but i want to play it in challenge mode. So if i get someone to blitz black 2 i can just transfer/trade challenge mode on to white 2.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Jayme Moore
Unhatched Egg

I don't know how relevant this is but you can use an Action Replay code to unlock them before you play through the game (assuming the english version gets one (the japanese game has one)).

I do like the idea of the keys though. It's a shame you have to own both versions of the game (or know someone who owns the opposite version to you to trade). This is why I mentioned Action Replay.

I'm not sure if posting Action Replay codes is allowed so...
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I think many people would use the Action Replay code if there were one for the English Version, I don't usually use cheat codes but in that case I would class it more of a time saver than a cheat. I'd prefer to play the challenge mode first rather than the normal mode.

Old August 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Jayme Moore
Unhatched Egg

I never use them either. However, in this case I made an exception. Just finished playing the game on Challenge Mode and it was a lot of fun. You can definitely notice the increased difficulty.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links