< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase Emerald Pokémon Greatest Emerald.

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:59 AM).

Hello everyone , I am pleased to present my project !

Name: Pokémon Greatest Emerald
Rom Base: Pokémon Emerald (Ing)
Lenguage: Inglese

Introduction:
After so much time spent working on Hack Rom ( often not mine ) , I decided to make my own project, complete and well

developed . Being Emerald my favourite rom , I decided to rework it , creating a Hack Rom that allows me to express all

that I have learned in recent years .
To achieve this hack , I formed a team . The members are:
- Me: Founder, Mapper, Tilesetter, Graphic
- ..Splash : Scripter
- Igna97 : Spriter, Pixelartist
- Ripper : Spriter, Pixelartist

Plot:
The story of the hack is a reworking of the old story of Emerald . The hero will have to travel through Hoenn to face

gyms and become the champion of the League ... But it is not all. The story will be different in many points: the script

will be reissued to totally recreate the story . In addition , during your trip , you will have the opportunity to face

new enemies and to shed light on many mysteries that in the original game were left in the dark .

Features:
- New Plot
- New Maps.
- New Tileset.
- New Trainer Sprite.
- New Overworld.
- New Starter.
- New Mt.
- New battleground
- A lot of more other little things...

MAPS

Spoiler:
The maps were been changed with a new stile. The majority of the tileset are created by me. Anyway, I took some

tileset pieces from Alucus, BoomXBig and IvanFGK.

NEW BATTLEGROUND
Spoiler:

Credits:
- Ryan 914 : Final Fantasy Battleground
- Klnothingcomin : DS Disks
- Lord Nightsroud : Naruto Battleground

SCREEN
Spoiler:

I would like to also thanks eMMe97 that is helping me with the Battleground and something about the ASM.

DOWNLOAD ALPHA:
Not Yet Available

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:49 AM).
I am the best in the world.
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
This looks really nice, the more up to date look gives it a whole new feel and if you intend on reworking the old storyline but at the same time keeping to Emerald it would definitely worth waiting and playing, Good luck on this my good sir. Also if you need any spelling checks or what not done for this hack (I assume English isn't your first language) I'd be more than willing to help you out.

Just a few questions:
P/S Split? I assume so.
New moves?
New Abilites?
Generation IV evolutions? (Dusknoir, Togekiss, Rhyperior ect ect)
New items?
New rival?
New enemy? (Maybe having a new team that are a fusion of the radical aqua/magma members would be interesting to see.)

I'll post anymore if I think of them.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:19 PM).
Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends

Tiles look fantastic, funny to see someone else with the final fantasy backgrounds. They seem to fit Pokemon really well.
Check out my hack: Pokemon League of Legends.

If you would like to support me or my hack, you can donate here.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:04 PM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely
Great indeed!
https://www.tumblr.com/search/popoy%20gif
“You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.”
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:12 PM).

That looks beautiful. Looking forward to it.
Check out my great completed hacks:
Pokemon Outlaw

Pokemon CAWPS
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:11 PM).
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
I agree Kingdom of Tea's list of possible features, especially for the pokemon from 4th gen regarding the evolution lines. Dusclops may be decet on it's own (especially if you enable Evolite) But Dusknoir has more attack power and HP as well. Likewise Togekiss outshines Togekiss by MILES. It would be best to enable 4th gen pre-post evolutions if anything else if you end up not adding any other pokemon. Fairy type might be worthwhile since it makes poison types actually useful.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:18 PM).
He kill none

Nature: Hardy
The Thread Name fits it.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:23 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Looks cool. Good luck with the hack
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:14 AM).

Thank You Everyone!

You have been very kind with your comments! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
This looks really nice, the more up to date look gives it a whole new feel and if you intend on reworking the old storyline but at the same time keeping to Emerald it would definitely worth waiting and playing, Good luck on this my good sir. Also if you need any spelling checks or what not done for this hack (I assume English isn't your first language) I'd be more than willing to help you out.

Just a few questions:
P/S Split? I assume so.
New moves?
New Abilites?
Generation IV evolutions? (Dusknoir, Togekiss, Rhyperior ect ect)
New items?
New rival?
New enemy? (Maybe having a new team that are a fusion of the radical aqua/magma members would be interesting to see.)

I'll post anymore if I think of them.
As you say, english isn't my mother tongue... So, in some points, the use of the language may be diffisult... Fortunately, I know some Italian Hackers that speak English a little bit better then me, so I'll get their help... Aniway, if you are so kind to help us, I'd like to accept your help. So let's keep in contact.
About the storyline, you've got it right: the plot will be similar at the original one, so you can relive the third generation story but, at the same time, play whit a total new game!

To answer your questions, I'll use points:
- P/S Split? - May be, but I have to work on it.
- New moves? - I don't know yet, it depends by some things...
- New Abilites? - The same of Moves.
- Generation IV evolutions? (Dusknoir, Togekiss, Rhyperior ect ect) - I'll currently working about, maybe, I know someone that cuold help me whit it.
- New items? - I had some ideas about.. But for now they are only ideas...
- New rival? - Of course! But first, I'll give a new relevance to the old ones.
- New enemy? (Maybe having a new team that are a fusion of the radical aqua/magma members would be interesting to see.) - You look very perspicacious... But I'll say more: Magma Team wanted to revive Gorudon, Aqua Team wanted to revive Kyogre... Don't you believe that there are another important legend pokemon that ......... I won't say anymore!

Then, I wouldn't like to say too many details, but remember that we have a lot of ideas!

(I hope that my use of English is at least decent: write this topic wasn't so easy for me! ")

Quote:
Originally Posted by C me View Post
Tiles look fantastic, funny to see someone else with the final fantasy backgrounds. They seem to fit Pokemon really well.
Thank you!
You are right, they are very beautiful! Even if it was a little bit difficult to reduce them to 15 palettes!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:13 AM).

This hack is really interesting , I suggest you follow the updates ! We're re-doing all the scripts will soon be playable!
I'm Splash and i'm an italian hacker.
I'm now working like scripter in the Project of Greatest Emerald.
Pasta, Berlusconi and Mandolino!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:13 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Spherical Ice.
Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

Nature: Calm
Ohmygosh! Those shots are so great, the title of the hack fits it very well! And I do agree with Kingdom of Tea's suggestions tho, they're great and can really improve the gameplay of this hack... And I'd like to suggest more Pokemons, I mean if you're adding new evolutions and pre-evos, why not add other new Pokemons as well? Not exactly all Pokemons but only Fan Favorites like Lucario, some legendaries, the starters from future gens, Talonflame, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and etc.

Aaand lastly could/will you add Mega Evolutions? There's an ASM for Mega Evos in battle at the Research and Development section, and it's already ported to Emerald.. Oh and I forgot, what about Fairy types? So that Poison and Steel could actually have better use... Anywaaaaays good luck with the hack! :)
Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:35 AM).
Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lèdypion- View Post
Thank You Everyone!

You have been very kind with your comments! :D

As you say, english isn't my mother tongue... So, in some points, the use of the language may be diffisult... Fortunately, I know some Italian Hackers that speak English a little bit better then me, so I'll get their help... Aniway, if you are so kind to help us, I'd like to accept your help. So let's keep in contact.
About the storyline, you've got it right: the plot will be similar at the original one, so you can relive the third generation story but, at the same time, play whit a total new game!

To answer your questions, I'll use points:
- P/S Split? - May be, but I have to work on it.
- New moves? - I don't know yet, it depends by some things...
- New Abilites? - The same of Moves.
- Generation IV evolutions? (Dusknoir, Togekiss, Rhyperior ect ect) - I'll currently working about, maybe, I know someone that cuold help me whit it.
- New items? - I had some ideas about.. But for now they are only ideas...
- New rival? - Of course! But first, I'll give a new relevance to the old ones.
- New enemy? (Maybe having a new team that are a fusion of the radical aqua/magma members would be interesting to see.) - You look very perspicacious... But I'll say more: Magma Team wanted to revive Gorudon, Aqua Team wanted to revive Kyogre... Don't you believe that there are another important legend pokemon that ......... I won't say anymore!

Then, I wouldn't like to say too many details, but remember that we have a lot of ideas!

(I hope that my use of English is at least decent: write this topic wasn't so easy for me! ")

Thank you!
You are right, they are very beautiful! Even if it was a little bit difficult to reduce them to 15 palettes!
Hi there, this might help you with the PSS Split&New Pokemon&Evo Methods
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=346694

And on top of that, i have a big collection of 64x64 Hoenn Trainer Sprites that i used for my Dead emerald remake, if you want some, send a PM!.
Pokemon....

A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:51 AM).

We've added all the Pokemon of all Generations.
Thanks for the tutorial, i'll look it!
As the Megaevos...it's a good idea, we'll discuss him!
I'm Splash and i'm an italian hacker.
I'm now working like scripter in the Project of Greatest Emerald.
Pasta, Berlusconi and Mandolino!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:52 AM).

Thank you!
I already found that patch. I downloaded it yesterday and now I am testing it. If it fits well to my hack, I'll use it! :p

For trainer, I'll think about! Thank you!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:30 AM).
I am the best in the world.
Silver Tier

Please don't add mega evolutions, they don't look or work well in these games. Mega's are something which I believe shouldn't have even been added to pokemon in the first place but that's not an issue for here.

Stick with Gens 1-3 and Gen IV evolutions and at a push, Sylveon but please do not add anything else. Hoenn isn't a big enough region to hold all the pokemon, especially when most of it is water. I would even be happy with you just sticking to the Emerald pokedex.

Physical/special split is something I believe these showcase hacks NEED, a lot of pokemon can't be utilized without it and you end up using the same moves on every pokemon.

Also adding extra moves & abilities will expand on making more pokemon useful.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:54 AM).
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
Reusable TMs is a must too, for some of the same reason that KingdomofTea said about multiple pokemon with the same moves. At times may of the same moves are still used on a whole team of pokemon. Earthquake and Sludge Bomb especially.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:44 PM).
loafing around

Nature: Careful
Hmmm... it should be use Hoenn Pokedex from ORAS
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:15 PM).

W O W It's look great like the name "Greatest Emerald" I'll Wait for this!! Good Luck
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:17 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Splash View Post
We've added all the Pokemon of all Generations.
Thanks for the tutorial, i'll look it!
As the Megaevos...it's a good idea, we'll discuss him!
Pokemon of all Generation?! And a Mega Evos It's Super Great Idea!!!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:22 PM).

Thank you everyone.

I read all your comment and I can tell you that:

-maybe, the mega evo WON'T be added even if a lot of "fan" would like to have them...
- We are trying the patch with the pokemon til the V generation. It allow us to have sylveon and the fairy tipe.
- in my opiniom Hoenn is big enough to contain all those pokemon (don't forget that there are a lot of seas and lakes and that there is the possibility to make different the pokemon for surfing and fishing). Also, we will add a lot of new placese that coul contain the Pokémon.
- we are working on the p/s split (we are looking for a patch or someone able to do that).
- maybe the mt will be reutilizable but I dont't know for sure.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:58 PM).

Mega evolution are terrible, mostly because there's no viable way to make them work right now, and "lulz just make them normal evolution via new item" is bad and people shall be ashamed by asking about this half-assed idea.
If your target is to create new plot and look in Emerald then focus on plot and look, some mechanical upgrades would be nice but if you are not sure about them, then don't do it.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:50 AM).
Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewko View Post
Mega evolution are terrible, mostly because there's no viable way to make them work right now, and "lulz just make them normal evolution via new item" is bad and people shall be ashamed by asking about this half-assed idea.
If your target is to create new plot and look in Emerald then focus on plot and look, some mechanical upgrades would be nice but if you are not sure about them, then don't do it.
I see why other people don't want mega evolutions, but it's simple enough, don't like it? don't use it.
There's already legit mega evos in battle, check this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348182
it's complete with few bugs to tweak.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:52 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lèdypion- View Post
Thank you everyone.
- we are working on the p/s split (we are looking for a patch or someone able to do that).
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=163

There was a patch for icons somewhere too but I forgot where.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:31 AM).

Thank you people!
I see contrast opinion about mega evo...
However, we can't please everyone... So I hope you understand that.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:20 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan2prado View Post
I see why other people don't want mega evolutions, but it's simple enough, don't like it? don't use it.
There's already legit mega evos in battle, check this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348182
it's complete with few bugs to tweak.
If it's bugged then it's not complete, and it will be more problematic than useful. I would like to have Mega Evos in gen III hacks, but not everywhere and only if there's a legit way to simulate the way how they work in gen VI.

For now i would like only few stuffs in this hack - P/S Split, Some new moves to balance out P/S Split and maybe (pre)-evolutions of Gen I-III mons, it will be the most ideal combination.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links