< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase Emerald Pokémon Blazed Glazed

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old October 22nd, 2015 (5:01 PM). Edited November 8th, 2015 by tudou.

Nature: Quirky
Blazed Glazed:

NOTE: This is not entirely my work. This is a hack of Pokemon Glazed, made by redriders180, or Lucbui.
In addition, I got redriders180's permission to post this. Have some visual proof!
Spoiler:

For those uninformed about Pokemon Glazed, here's the forum post.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=292279

My goal was creating a fun, challenging, yet mostly fair experience. Having played Pokemon Glazed a few times, I noticed that there were some things that could be done to improve the experience. I initially made the hack to implement moves from later generations that weren't present. However, I went further, and the little project bloomed into something that I would never have imagined.

Features:
- New moves from Generations 4-6
- Plenty of changes regarding Pokemon, including stat changes, movepool additions, typing changes, altered wild distributions, and even new Pokemon altogether.
- Movesets and rosters given a complete overhaul, making the early-game a lot less punishing and increasing the challenge of the late-game.

The plot, the large majority of the dialogue, and the tilesets remain unedited (although there are some very rare map changes).
Have some screenshots!

Spoiler:

Derps and bugs:
Spoiler:
-The girl who gives you a Pokemon in Oceanview City doesn't have dialogue after she gives you it. This doesn’t affect anything though.

-The Fossils bar the Anorith line aren't in the Pokedex. This is intentional.

-Michael and Regina battles have the Magma intro, as I changed their trainer class to have that cool battle theme. Disregard that.

-The Drain Kiss animation causes a lag spike on a few emulators. If it does anything strange other than that, let me know.

-I was unable to edit the some of the tutor moves for some Pokemon I added into the game, which allows for stuff like Rotom-Heat with Ice Punch to be a thing.

Key Information:
Spoiler:
- This hack uses Doesntknowhowtoplay's Physical/Special split, meaning Counter and Mirror Coat will work as they should, weather boosts/decreases the power of attacks as it should, etc. A notable side affect of doing so was increasing the Special Defense of Rock types in sandstorm, which may come into play at some point in the game.

- Riolu evolves at level 25 instead of by friendship.

-Steel no longer resists Dark and Ghost, just like in Gen VI.

-If you have looked at the gym leader levels yet, you may notice that the level curve has changed from the original Glazed, most drastically in Tunod. If you haven’t, just know that it’s changed. You may feel a bit behind the curve if you don’t grind a decent amount but not drastically far behind.

- Team Fusion grunts in Tunod will carry Fire, Ice, or Electric Pokémon in addition to their Fighting types. The most coveted TMs are of these types, so now they have a bit more variety. The Drudges do not follow this theme.

- Hidden Power uses Generation 6 mechanics, always being a base 60 power.

- Standard Eevee is now Def-Eevee (defensive). It can be evolved into Off-Eevee (offensive) with level up (all Eevees will come with rare candy), and can be evolved back into Def-Eevee via the same method. They are statistically, aesthetically, and functionally the same, with differences in what they evolve into:
Eevee-Def evolves into Vaporeon (water stone), Umbreon (moon stone), Leafeon (Leaf stone), or Sylveon (Sun Stone).
Eevee-Off evolves into Jolteon (thunderstone), Flareon (fire stone), Espeon(sunstone), or Glaceon (Moon Stone).

- The Mudkips walking around in Northcoast Town and Palmtree Resort are move tutors. Northcoast one teaches Ice Punch, Palmtree Resort one teaches Rock Slide.

- The Spore tutor at Serenity Isle now teaches Curse, while the Leaf Blade tutor teaches Seed Bomb. As before, all Pokémon can learn both.

- I used the Smogon abbreviations for the Rotom forms: Rotom W (Water), Rotom H (Fire), Rotom-C (Grass), Rotom-F (Ice), and Rotom-S (Flying). You can evolve Rotom into them via the evolutionary stones (check the documentation for more information).

- Scarf Pikachu is no longer a pushover: It has much better stats now, and it learns a lot of new moves based on Pikachu events (for example, from level 40 onwards it knows Icicle Crash, so keep your Torterras away). All it knows in the Forest Pass fight is Growl, however.

- Most fully evolved Pokémon will have level 1 moves they can’t learn otherwise. Check the Move Relearner in Seaspray or Blackthorn City often.

- Goldenrod Gym is now Fairy-typed, as you should tell from the Gym Trainers.

- Northcoast Peak, the ice area of Johto’s Victory Road, and Nitro Isle are now infested with Delibirds, which have a raised exp yield. They make nice grinding spots.

-The Day/Night Clerk in Goldenrod’s underground sells some pretty good stuff now. It’s stuff you don’t want to miss.

-You will need to beat Silver before you are able to reach Whitewood. You will have to go west from Olivine after meeting with Ernest in front of the Azalea Town Gym.

- Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are encountered via events in the Ilex Forest. After encountering Xerneas and Yveltal, go towards Celebi’s shrine to encounter Zygarde.

Here's the level ranges of the gyms/E4/Champions.
Spoiler:
Tunod:
Gym 1: 14 - 16
Gym 2: 24 - 26
Gym 3: 30 - 31
Gym 4: 32 - 34
Gym 5: 36 - 37
Gym 6: 41 - 42
Gym 7: 42 -44
Gym 8: 47 -48
E4+ Champion: 50 - 58

Johto:
Gym 1: 54 - 55
Gym 2: 55 - 57
Gym 3: 57 - 58
Gyms 4 and 5: 61 - 63
Gym 6: 63 - 64
Gym 7: 63 - 65
Gym 8: 67 - 69
E4+ Champion: 71 - 80

Rankor:
Gym 1: 76 - 77
Gym 2: 77 - 78
Gym 3: 79 - 80
Gym 4: 82 - 83
Champion: 87-88

More information will be available in the documents included in the patch.

Special Thanks:
Spoiler:
MrDollSteak and Chaos Rush, for their sprite resources on Pokecommunity (The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource, Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource, Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource)
kleenexfeu, for his Choice Scarf and Choice Specs ASM routines
Wiznatts, for the Magnezone and Scolipede sprites
Mamamama, Artemis64, and Tlachtli for their work on Emerald move animations
Gamer2020 for PGE, the main tool used to make this hack
Kurapika for G3T, making description editing much easier
Karatekid for UTE, a tool used heavily in this hack
The makers of all those other cool tools I used
Redriders180, aka Lucbui, for making Glazed
My brother and friends, for play-testing this hack
You, for looking here

Finally, here is the download:
Version 1.2.2

Apply the patch to Emerald by using NUPS.

Previous versions:

Any comments, questions, or critiques are appreciated. This hack is done for the most part, but there is likely more to do.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 23rd, 2015 (6:07 AM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely
what a fantastic hack i should download now and play this
https://www.tumblr.com/search/popoy%20gif
“You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.”
Old October 23rd, 2015 (6:56 AM).

loved glazed,glad to see an update was made.
Old October 23rd, 2015 (7:54 AM).

So the patch is for emerald or for glazed
Sorry I missed that out
Old October 23rd, 2015 (12:02 PM).

Awesome ! One of the glazed flawless is the terrible pokémon movesets and bad distribution, I always wanted Starly in the early game but it´s not even in this game lol plus the sprites sucks since only a few of them have been replaced as well.
Are you willing to use the 721 pokémon or just replacing some for better ones ? Add Starly pls xD
Whice new moves are inserted ?
Are you willing to add Mega pokémon ?
Also this game lacks of 6th gen pokémon, the starters are obtainnable in the hell of the last region If you fix this will be great.
Old October 23rd, 2015 (1:12 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Meteora View Post
Awesome ! One of the glazed flawless is the terrible pokémon movesets and bad distribution, I always wanted Starly in the early game but it´s not even in this game lol plus the sprites sucks since only a few of them have been replaced as well.
Are you willing to use the 721 pokémon or just replacing some for better ones ? Add Starly pls xD
Whice new moves are inserted ?
Are you willing to add Mega pokémon ?
Also this game lacks of 6th gen pokémon, the starters are obtainnable in the hell of the last region If you fix this will be great.
I'm just replacing Pokemon to implement others, because there were some Pokemon that weren't really going to be seeing use with much better options around. I may implement more Pokemon in the future, but for now I'm content with the current selection.

A list of the new moves can be found in one of the documents included in the download.

Mega evolution seems like a lot of work to implement, as I am not fond of the method of using regular evolution for megas. However, I did include a way to get Mega Lucario, which was already in the game in the original Glazed.

The Kalos starters are now obtainable much, much earlier. There's also some added 6th gen Pokemon as well, such as the Goomy and Phantump lines.

Loved Pokemon Glazed? Try my hack, Blazed Glazed!
Old October 24th, 2015 (1:34 AM).
Great Pokémon Reject

This is a really interesting thing you've done. I'm kind of saddened that the Spore move tutor is gone, I loved having that 100% sleep move on my team. Aside from that, are you planning on fixing the bugs (if possible)? I recall there were some (possibly under-exaggerating) bugs in the latest patch.
Some of the hacks that I like:

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, Fat Kid, Eclipse, Cyan, and TLZ: Sacred Paradox. (These either have large banners or none at all)
DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.
I'm often not on, but when I am, I show my support in likes :-D
(Will be popping in and out due to school)

Old October 24th, 2015 (6:01 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
This is a really interesting thing you've done. I'm kind of saddened that the Spore move tutor is gone, I loved having that 100% sleep move on my team. Aside from that, are you planning on fixing the bugs (if possible)? I recall there were some (possibly under-exaggerating) bugs in the latest patch.
If there are any major bugs, I am unsure if I can fix them, but at least I can do work-arounds. The only really huge one I remember was being unable to get off the Rankor Ferry when you explore the ship, but I'm thinking of just placing an person on the boat that warps you to a different location if you need to be.
I have fixed a few bugs, though: some move data that was incorrect in the past is now correct (130 accuracy hi-jump-kick, seems legit) and used Doesnknowhowtoplay's PSS patch to fix Counter, Mirror Coat, and the weather boosts.

Old October 24th, 2015 (3:41 PM).
Rocket Grunt

Nature: Adamant
Great hack mate, made it to skiing event so far, but oh man the ammount of fun I have had, especialy reusable tms come in handy and found zero glitches so far, keep at it cheers
Old October 25th, 2015 (9:15 AM).

Soooo i'm using a emerald rom... and it still says its not the right file..?
Old October 25th, 2015 (9:29 AM).

The point of that hack was to make pokemon glazed but with an updated battle engine, more or less. Right ?

Then, don't hesitate to add new abilities, that'd be awesome
Mega Evolution, Wish, Primal Reversion for Emerald
Arceus and Giratina Forms
Some abilities:

Touched's Emerald IDB + Battle stuffs
Touched's Emerald IDB 6.8 + Battle stuffs
Old October 25th, 2015 (9:57 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenexfeu View Post
The point of that hack was to make pokemon glazed but with an updated battle engine, more or less. Right ?

Then, don't hesitate to add new abilities, that'd be awesome
Definitely going to consider that. I believe that stuff like Technician would be a good addition.

Old October 25th, 2015 (10:42 AM).

Dude can ya help me with the patch its says the emerald file didn't match the ups.
Old October 26th, 2015 (7:34 AM).

I have managed to add some abilities to the game. However, a few of them receive very limited distribution, and I would like some input about how to distribute them to Pokemon that don't normally get them.
Here's a list of what abilities are implemented, and the Pokemon present in Blazed Glazed that get them. The ones not in parentheses get them normally via regular or hidden abilities, while the ones in parentheses are hypothetical recipients, due to the ability belonging to their Mega Evolution, makes sense flavor-wise, or grants the Pokemon a niche that can be exploited.

Sniper: Skorupi Line, Spearow line, Beedrill, Horsea line
Tough Claws: Nothing (Aerodactyl, Charizard, Metagross)
Technician: Scizor, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Breloom, Roserade, Ambipom (Weavile)
Adaptability: Eevee, Porygon-Z, Feebas (Beedrill)
Strong Jaw: Nothing (Feraligatr, Drapion, Luxray)
Mega Launcher: Nothing (Blastoise, Genesect, Magmortar)
Iron Fist: Infernape, Hitmonchan, Timburr Line, Golett line
Sand Force: Diglett line (Gible line, Steelix, Sandshrew line)

Of course, the list isn't final. I just want some feedback of what Pokemon should get what abilities, and what should be changed (Tough Claws Metagross might be a bit over the edge, for example). You can also suggest other Pokemon to get the new abilities, if you want.

Old October 26th, 2015 (9:35 AM). Edited October 26th, 2015 by goranthegreat.

Could you add Pixilate and give it to Sylveon and Gardevoir as a second ability instead of Natural cure - Trace
Old October 26th, 2015 (1:47 PM).

defiant, download, flare boost,gale wings,hydratation,magic bounce,magic guard,mold breaker,moxie,multiscale,no guard,prankster,protean,sheer force and unaware.

I think these are the most relevant ones, add the most of them as possible please.

Could you release the current obtainnable pokémon list ?
Old October 26th, 2015 (2:17 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Meteora View Post
defiant, download, flare boost,gale wings,hydratation,magic bounce,magic guard,mold breaker,moxie,multiscale,no guard,prankster,protean,sheer force and unaware.

I think these are the most relevant ones, add the most of them as possible please.

Could you release the current obtainnable pokémon list ?
It depends on the time I have to research how to implement some of these, and the availability of ASM routines for them, but we'll see. I will probably just update with the abilities I have though. Although a few are naturally with low distribution (flare boost and gale wings both belong to one line). I might increase the distribution, but I don't want to stray too far from vanilla.
I attached the document containing all the Pokemon and their locations in the original Glazed. It was available on the Glazed thread on Pokecommunity before the breach and currently on the Glazed facebook page. Combine that with the information in the documents contained in the patch download and you should have a good idea what's in the game and what's not.
Attached Files
File Type: txt LocationsOfAllPokemon.txt‎ (76.7 KB, 119 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old October 26th, 2015 (6:08 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudou View Post
I have managed to add some abilities to the game. However, a few of them receive very limited distribution, and I would like some input about how to distribute them to Pokemon that don't normally get them.
Here's a list of what abilities are implemented, and the Pokemon present in Blazed Glazed that get them. The ones not in parentheses get them normally via regular or hidden abilities, while the ones in parentheses are hypothetical recipients, due to the ability belonging to their Mega Evolution, makes sense flavor-wise, or grants the Pokemon a niche that can be exploited.

Sniper: Skorupi Line, Spearow line, Beedrill, Horsea line
Tough Claws: Nothing (Aerodactyl, Charizard, Metagross)
Technician: Scizor, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Breloom, Roserade, Ambipom (Weavile)
Adaptability: Eevee, Porygon-Z, Feebas (Beedrill)
Strong Jaw: Nothing (Feraligatr, Drapion, Luxray)
Mega Launcher: Nothing (Blastoise, Genesect, Magmortar)
Iron Fist: Infernape, Hitmonchan, Timburr Line, Golett line
Sand Force: Diglett line (Gible line, Steelix, Sandshrew line)

Of course, the list isn't final. I just want some feedback of what Pokemon should get what abilities, and what should be changed (Tough Claws Metagross might be a bit over the edge, for example). You can also suggest other Pokemon to get the new abilities, if you want.
These new abilities are implemented in current version 1.1? Or next release?
Old October 26th, 2015 (7:07 PM).
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
I found a massive issue. My Ekans' Glare has no effect on ghost pokemon. Glare is a status move, even in the current metagame it has effect on ghost pokemon regardless of the typing. I can get electric pokemon not being harmed by paralysis but regardless of the circumstances Glare should not be blocked by any type. The only thing that blocks it should be abilities that target specific statuses or statuses in general like Limber or other similar abilities.
Old October 26th, 2015 (9:36 PM).

Nature: Quiet
The TM grass knot is available twice.. One in serenity isle and the other one from route just before ocean view city..
Old October 27th, 2015 (7:01 AM).
Rocket Grunt

Makes sense to give m-lucario adaptability would make him a bit OP tho, btw found some movement permision issues like walking on some trees and few NPCs I could not talk to - like guards in some passing gates in Johto for example, but nothing major so far.
Old October 27th, 2015 (1:40 PM). Edited October 27th, 2015 by tudou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
I found a massive issue. My Ekans' Glare has no effect on ghost pokemon. Glare is a status move, even in the current metagame it has effect on ghost pokemon regardless of the typing. I can get electric pokemon not being harmed by paralysis but regardless of the circumstances Glare should not be blocked by any type. The only thing that blocks it should be abilities that target specific statuses or statuses in general like Limber or other similar abilities.
I do not believe that Glare affects Ghost types in Gen 3. I might have to do a bit of testing though.
Edit: Tested on a clean Emerald ROM. Glare doesn't work on Ghost types in Gen 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathbhat View Post
The TM grass knot is available twice.. One in serenity isle and the other one from route just before ocean view city..
This was intentional, as both places are pretty hard to miss if you don't remember about them. I guess I could change it for the next version though, so the Oceanview Park is the only location of the TM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unIQuE-_-SK View Post
Makes sense to give m-lucario adaptability would make him a bit OP tho, btw found some movement permision issues like walking on some trees and few NPCs I could not talk to - like guards in some passing gates in Johto for example, but nothing major so far.
Yeah, Mega Lucario with Adaptability would be broken.
The movement permission errors were present in the original Glazed, but as you said, it's not too much of an issue, and not a big one to go and hunt down.

Old October 27th, 2015 (3:27 PM).
Rocket Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudou View Post
Yeah, Mega Lucario with Adaptability would be broken.
The movement permission errors were present in the original Glazed, but as you said, it's not too much of an issue, and not a big one to go and hunt down.
Thanks for the reply, but on a m-lucario subject again, having some issues getting him through daycare method tried with Lucario(F) and Lucario(M), but they produce riolu eggs, even tried with mega stone (hacked), but cant be used either. Anything changed from the original glazed?
Old October 27th, 2015 (4:00 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by unIQuE-_-SK View Post
Thanks for the reply, but on a m-lucario subject again, having some issues getting him through daycare method tried with Lucario(F) and Lucario(M), but they produce riolu eggs, even tried with mega stone (hacked), but cant be used either. Anything changed from the original glazed?
I didn't mess with the breeding at all. I didn't even change the egg groups of the Pokemon I added in.
Although...
Spoiler:
Lucario now evolves into Mega Lucario at a very late level.

That might have changed something.

Old October 27th, 2015 (5:19 PM).
Wrecking Ball

Nature: Jolly
Are the P/S Split icons in?
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links