< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Progressing Games Developing A Simple Pokemon Card Creator

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply
Old February 23rd, 2015 (6:22 PM).
Hello hello
Just a noobie here to the forums here.
Back in 2011, I had created a pokemon card creator that you would use on a web browser. I never really shared it with anyone except family. It worked pretty well but only in Firefox. Now, a lot of time has passed, I have gotten older, and now I mess around with Visual Basic. Now, I know there's already mypokecard, but that's only for those who have internet. There have ben several times I've caught myself without internet and wanting to create a pokemon card out of boredom. What I'm making is simply an offline, downloadable, pokemon card creator. Now, to the details!
  • The programs I'm using to create this are simple Visual Basic 2010 and Paint.NET
  • The idea is to have several different pokemon card styles, different generations (I think is what it's called?), different symbol styles, a wider variety of pokemon card blanks (Enigma, Technology, etc), and to be able to upload it to a public gallery and/or save it to your computer.

Current Features
-Ability to select different energies of pokemon (fighting, electric, colorless)
-Ability to select weaknesses
-Ability to change the Pokemon card name fonts and font size
-Ability to upload an image from your computer or from a link
-Update checker

Future Features
-Ability to choose resitance energies
-Retreat cost number
-Card stage selection
-Different card generation selection
-Save/Export/Publish card
-Sleek, beautiful program design
-A community of friends who you can chat with/share your card with

Yup yup, and more features are coming. Development stage, lots of thinking!
So, here's you all some screenshots

Lastly, credits
Icons/Symbols - HeroOfSinnoh
Card blanks - The-Ketchi
Additional Help/Direction - Flame Claw

So, what do you people think?
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links