The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Olli

What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

Eh, I don't really like it. Of course I don't see any problem in it, since Dragon types are pretty much the strongest type of Pokémon, and since the champions are usually depicted to be the strongest trainers in the game, it makes sense for them to be masters of that specific typing, however Lance was the champion in my favourite game, I loved the challenge he gave with his Dragon type Pokémon, because I remember the hard time I had beating all of his Pokémon, and he'll always be the real Dragon master to me. I don't expect to get B2/W2, at least not anytime soon, so I don't think I'll ever really get to like Iris, so I don't think I'll ever grow to like her that much as a champion.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Calm
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
I'm gonna have to say Druddigon, haha. It doesn't look cool nor regal to me at all. I haven't used it yet. Maybe another day!

I prefer battling champions with mixed teams, like Blue and Cynthia. With an all Dragon-type Champion, I'm too tempted to just start firing off the Ice Beams. I do applaud Lance and Iris including a few non-Dragon types in their teams. As for which Dragon Master is better... I don't think being Champion fits Iris's character, haha. Leave the dragon haxing to Lance. Pfft, even Iris has prematurely evolved dragons. She must be giving them some something something !
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
... am I the only one here who doesn't have a Brawl theme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
I think they're just keeping up with a tradition, although it's only the second dragon type champion so far, and all the others have been various type, steel or water.

Last edited by Pära; August 3rd, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty

Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

That's just my imagination to this topic lol A good topic indeed!
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post

Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

Really good ideas here. I would like a e4 which uses egg groups instead of actual types. It would give more variety to the Pokemon, making things more challenging rather than breezing through a team focused on one type.

Also, Flygon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garchomp
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle

Same than Olli. Lance will always be THE Dragon Master. Iris doesn't give off as much epicness as him. Then, even if that's not important, she doesn't really look like a Dragon champion. I mean... She misses a cape, doesn't she?
I would have prefered the champion to rule another type, since that way Iris lives in Lance's shadow. And also, because the dragon-type isn't any type, and we don't need several dragon champions. And now, that way, it reminds Johto's schema: 8th gym leader is a dragon-type gym leader + the champion rules dragon-type too.

Old August 4th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Olli

Quote:

Creating the teams based on egg groups is not anything I've ever considered before, (mainly because I went most of the time with the fandom without even knowing of the existence of egg groups), but it'd actually be a pretty good idea. Like Blade said, with trainers only battling with one type of Pokémon, it often gives you the opportunity to just spam one super effective move on all the Pokémon, resulting in shorter battles and lack of challenge. That doesn't really go well with champions, when their role usually is to be the final challenge, so I guess basing the teams on egg groups rather than just a typing would solve that problem, but it'd still be better if the champions just had varied teams.
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Ghost Emperor
Pokemon Emperor

Name: Ghost Emperor
Your Trainer Sprite:Lance
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Kyurem White and Treeko
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: since childhood I have been a fan of dragons and also i like there moves like draco meteor and Roar of time =)
Answer Current Topic:
Which on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group?
i think its feebas because in my past pokemon gaming experience feebas cant breed with dragon types =) so far thats my experience so I say it must be feebas

I think they need to change it .. so far as I am concerned i wish there would be dark type champions.. because aside from dragons I am a crazy fanatic of dark types so it is better that they would make dark types as new champions and let the dragons rest for a while before becoming champions again .. hahaha =)

Click the Dragon eggs if you want to save them from death Thank you

Last edited by Ghost Emperor; August 5th, 2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
I haven't joined a club in a while and I like the look of this one.

Name: Hikari10
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (B2/W2 Iris please!)
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Hydreigon and Milotic
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon Pokemon are strong and epic. Some are beautiful, others are badass. I love the amazing power a Dragon Pokemon can bring out.

Answer Current Topic

I guess I might answer this:

I think it's pretty good we have a Dragon Champion again in Iris. It's like they are going back to basics. I love her dress, it looks so beautiful and I love how her hair is designed.

Also, what makes Iris unique is that she uses not just Dragon-type Pokemon but Pokemon from the Dragon egg group.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old August 5th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Emperor View Post
Name: Ghost Emperor
Your Trainer Sprite:Lance
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Kyurem White and Treeko
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: since childhood I have been a fan of dragons and also i like there moves like draco meteor and Roar of time =)
Answer Current Topic:
Which on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group?
i think its feebas because in my past pokemon gaming experience feebas cant breed with dragon types =) so far thats my experience so I say it must be feebas

Welcome!! You're the first to answer the questionnaire! Unfortunately there are TWO answers, and Feebas is a part of the Dragon Egg group. Keep searching for the answer and you'll find a way to get this right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I haven't joined a club in a while and I like the look of this one.

Name: Hikari10
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (B2/W2 Iris please!)
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Hydreigon and Milotic
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon Pokemon are strong and epic. Some are beautiful, others are badass. I love the amazing power a Dragon Pokemon can bring out.

Answer Current Topic

I guess I might answer this:

I think it's pretty good we have a Dragon Champion again in Iris. It's like they are going back to basics. I love her dress, it looks so beautiful and I love how her hair is designed.

Also, what makes Iris unique is that she uses not just Dragon-type Pokemon but Pokemon from the Dragon egg group.
Welcome to the club! Now that you've mentioned the Dragon Egg Group, realistically the likes of her Pokemon, Aggron, Lapras, Archeops, etc aren't really part of that Egg Group of Dragons. However, you've led to another topic discussion that must be brought up. Perfect timing Hikari!

New Topic:
Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.

The answers with good explanation may benefit to what could possibly be a new list of Pokemon benefiting Dragons.
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, Ghost Emperor and Hikari10.

Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.
Lapras. It has reptilian traits just like dragons. Its Dragon Dance set is pretty fun to use. Lapras is also very rare and related to the Loch Ness monster legend. Clair and Lance used a Lapras in Pokemon Stadium, and notably, Iris uses a Lapras in B2W2.

Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer:
Vibrava and Flygon.
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Welcome to the club, Ghost Emperor and Hikari10.

Lapras. It has reptilian traits just like dragons. Its Dragon Dance set is pretty fun to use. Lapras is also very rare and related to the Loch Ness monster legend. Clair and Lance used a Lapras in Pokemon Stadium, and notably, Iris uses a Lapras in B2W2.

Vibrava and Flygon.
I believe Lapras is a #1 candidate for this conversation. Its got not only traits, but the value of one as well. The others I like to see as a big supporter of Dragon types are as followed:

For one, many of them can learn Dragon type moves and its a rare thing to have to teach a non-Dragon Type Pokemon a Dragon type move. Though we have to be careful to mix up the Dragons to Dinosaurs, which is what Tyranitar mostly resembles.

As for your answer to the questionnaire Blade, you are so close on the right answer for one Pokemon. But the question asks "Dragon Family" which specifically focuses on the 2nd list of Pokemon. So the answers aren't Dragon type Pokemon themselves. (Hint, Hint)
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Ohh lol I guess I forgot about the baby form. Can I try again? :x

Trapinch and Aerodactyl

Also, Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Feraligatr definitely fit the bill! Another DD user, although less likely to be considered as dragon-material, is Whiscash. It has those funny long whiskers you see on Chinese dragons. Whiscash's Japanese name, Namazun, is derived from a catfish in Japanese mythology which caused earthquakes. Another legend-based Pokemon. :3

Last edited by Lilith; August 5th, 2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: HEAVENS ARCEUS
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Ohh lol I guess I forgot about the baby form. Can I try again? :x

Trapinch and Aerodactyl.

Also, Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Feraligatr definitely fit the bill! Another DD user, although less likely to be considered as dragon-material, is Whiscash. It has those funny long whiskers you see on Chinese dragons. Whiscash's Japanese name, Namazun, is derived from a catfish in Japanese mythology which caused earthquakes. Another legend-based Pokemon. :3
CORRECT!! We have a winner to our first Questionnaire! Congratulations to TwilightBlade!

This silly fish? Interesting, what about the whiskers from Magikarp/Gyarados? I've always thought they held that type of specie about the Chinese Dragons behind them, until you mentioned Whiscash.

Last edited by Nina Dobrev; August 5th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Ghost Emperor
Pokemon Emperor

Quote:

This silly fish? Interesting, what about the whiskers from Magikarp/Gyarados? I've always thought they held that type of specie about the Chinese Dragons behind them, until you mentioned Whiscash.
to think of it their whiskers do look the same O.o.. so this ends up that their whiskers are blood related..... making them hmmm, cousins...... inturn making him some how related to the dragon family hahaha this is just a funny thought of mine

hmp I just noticed the pictures gone cause the rules said that I still need 15 more posts to post a URL ...

Click the Dragon eggs if you want to save them from death Thank you

Old August 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Nina Dobrev

Okay so new topic time!

Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Ageha1304
Dragon Girl

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Ageha1304
Name: Ageha1304
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris Champion
2 Partner Pokemon: Haxorus and Charizard
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?
Because I really like dragons. They are cool and powerful and they have no fears.
What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?
Haxorus, because it's really cool with its blade-like tusks. Also it is pure dragon-type which makes it better in my eyes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?
Advantage is that they won't be affected by ground-type moves at all, unlike normal dragon-type which get normal amount of damage. Disadvantage is that every ice-type move damage will be multipied by 4, therefore knocking them out almost instantly. Also damage from rock type is doubled.
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
Altaria (srsly, that's a bird not dragon), ekans & evo (snake, not a dragon), seviper (another snake), scraggy & evo (how does this even qualify as dragon family).
Awesome! It's obvious dragon trainers are champions because dragon pokemon are strongest and rarest.
Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list?
None, because there really aren't pokemon that look like dragons anymore.
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI?
Well, there definitely will be some dragons in Gen VI. However I'm not really sure how would they look like. Maybe one dragon legend ruling over sun and other over moon?
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Avishka
Banannaaa~

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.
i would like the dragon pokemon to be something like
Spoiler:
THIS

link
OR THIS

link

while searching for fake dragon pokemon i found fake dragon gym leader which is just awesome
Spoiler:

Last edited by Avishka; August 11th, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Mentalii
Back

Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI?

I don't really want a gen VI. But, if I had to choose, I'd like to see Druddigon's evolution. And why not Altaria's? Well, at the same time I don't know, I'd like to see a stronger form of it (as Altaria, despite its dragon-type isn't a very strong Pokémon to my mind), but I'm scared of what they could do with it. Altaria is a beautiful Pokémon. I don't want them to ruin it.
And then, a badass evolution-line, as usual. But please, just one. The Haxorus + Hydreigon's evolution lines were too much, and being two that time, we can't appreciate them for their true worth.

Old August 13th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
I think a branch off of Shelgon should be added. It'd be cool for like a defensive dragon that actually looked like Shelgon haha.
Old August 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Nina Dobrev

NEW TOPIC:

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

They should do away with SO FEW Magikarp's. In fact, they should only allow them with the Old Rod fishing, in my opinion. Being HeartGold/SoulSilver, they should had brought Bagon, Gible & Horseas into Dragon's Den. It would be an excellent Den to train in certainly.

I would like to battle the Dragon trainers a bunch of time to train my Pokemon, as tough as Dragon Pokemon is, it would be very entertaining to face Dragon Pokemon every so often rather than just a one time thing. The battle with Lance & Clair was amazingly fun. The rival is in Dragon's Den on a certain day, I figured why not have the Double Battle then for fun & as great training? Unfortunately they don't. ;;

Last edited by Nina Dobrev; August 18th, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Mentalii
Back

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

The Dragon's Den's pretty bad tbh. I re started my Soul Silver game, and I was in the Dragon Den's part just this morning (when Clair wants you to go there to give you the badge). As I wasn't remembering it at all, I thought it was a good moment to train my Pokémon but... Only 3 trainers to battle? Ooook let's check the water then: Magikarp lv 9, Magikarp lv12, Magikarp lv 18, Magikarp lv 16... Is that all? D: What a pity... They also should have made of this place a more mythical place. It's the place of Dragons guys ! Why is there just a broken bridge, some water and a house in the middle?

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post

The Dragon's Den's pretty bad tbh. I re started my Soul Silver game, and I was in the Dragon Den's part just this morning (when Clair wants you to go there to give you the badge). As I wasn't remembering it at all, I thought it was a good moment to train my Pokémon but... Only 3 trainers to battle? Ooook let's check the water then: Magikarp lv 9, Magikarp lv12, Magikarp lv 18, Magikarp lv 16... Is that all? D: What a pity... They also should have made of this place a more mythical place. It's the place of Dragons guys ! Why is there just a broken bridge, some water and a house in the middle?
EXACTLY! It's really not any difference than any of the caves you go to & fish/surf on. I'm quite disappointed myself. If I remember correctly, getting Gible in Sinnoh region was way more entertaining of a trip than in Dragon's Den. I'm not sure what B2/W2 has, but I hope in the future down the line, the creators can make an excellent cave/dungeon for Dragon types alone. We have enough to actually have a very fun cave to travel in now. I don't see why not!

I do understand why Dragon's Den is the way it is now. Generation 2 really only had Dratini's family & Horsea's family with actual "Dragon type" Pokemon back then. (HG/SS being remakes, I guess they didn't want to make a huge difference in them?). Hopefully we'll get a good one in the future down the road. x)
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
Halcyon
peace and serenity

Nature: Quirky
Name: Halcyon
Your Trainer Sprite: Drayden (I actually find him hot lol :D)
2 Partner Pokémon (First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Kingdra and Swablu
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: To me Dragon is a really special type, like it's in a league of its own. Also, I find Dragon-typed Pokémon to be such mysterious creatures, and I would like to know more about them.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
I'm kind of having mixed opinions about Dragon's Den. Pokémon-wise, I feel that with fewer Magikarps, the worth of getting a Dratini/Dragonair drops since it would be then easier to obtain. I mean I would feel proud and accomplished if I managed to finally fish a Dragonair after thousands of encounters with Magikarps. ^^ I agree though that they should import more wild Pokémon there, like Horsea, Seadra and Bagon.

In terms of the normal trainers there, I'm fine with them considering how rare and "hard-to-train" dragons are. However, the Lance and Clair tag battle should be made repeatable, because how often can you get a tag battle with two amazing Dragon Tamers? :DD

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Name: Halcyon
Your Trainer Sprite: Drayden (I actually find him hot lol :D)
2 Partner Pokémon (First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Kingdra and Swablu
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: To me Dragon is a really special type, like it's in a league of its own. Also, I find Dragon-typed Pokémon to be such mysterious creatures, and I would like to know more about them.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
I'm kind of having mixed opinions about Dragon's Den. Pokémon-wise, I feel that with fewer Magikarps, the worth of getting a Dratini/Dragonair drops since it would be then easier to obtain. I mean I would feel proud and accomplished if I managed to finally fish a Dragonair after thousands of encounters with Magikarps. I agree though that they should import more wild Pokémon there, like Horsea, Seadra and Bagon.

In terms of the normal trainers there, I'm fine with them considering how rare and "hard-to-train" dragons are. However, the Lance and Clair tag battle should be made repeatable, because how often can you get a tag battle with two amazing Dragon Tamers? :DD
Welcome new Dragon member! You think Drayden is hot? :O

Haha is that the only reason why you like Drayden? Well now all that's left is Drake, who is left to dust right now. Feel sorry for the guy.

That's right, the rarity of getting a Dratini would lessen, but its not the only Dragon Pokemon ya know \m/ Walking around Dragon's Den, you don't have to worry about getting caught by wild Pokemon on foot. That's when Bagon or Trapinch or Gible should come into play..but they don't unfortunately.

Let's make an interesting show-case here...

Make yourself a mono-Dragon type party, how would you arrange their movepools & what items would you give them?

Be sure to demonstrate their roles in your party, & YES, make sure you say which tier you'd be choosing for fun. (If you're using NU for baby Dragons & such, you have my respect for your choices!) Make it interesting folks, gogogo!

P.S., Uhh I know I said mono-type but...you can use the Pokemon from the Dragon family also!

Sponsored Links