Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Another one of those "Windows/Mac/Linux" comparison threads

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

View Poll Results: Preferred OS?
Windows 12 52.17%
Apple/Mac 4 17.39%
Linux 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5th, 2012 (07:30 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I've only used Windows so yeah, that's my preference by default.
Old September 5th, 2012 (12:41 PM). Edited September 5th, 2012 by Poke Fox.
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
I've had experience with all three, so I think I can contribute.

I prefer Windows. I have more experience with Windows (through out the times I had Win 98 [uncle sold the computer], ME [OS failed after a power outage], 2000 [my uncle gave the computer to one of his friends], XP my current pc, Vista [which my grandma has, I gave it to her so she could play Solitaire and SNES Emulator]). If something were to happen (like virus, malware, or need to reinstall) to the pc I have slight knowledge on trying to make work again.

Back when Iwas in school around 2002 to 2006 my school had a Mac Lab, so I got the chance to try them out, but I found them to be too complicated, started loosing interest too quickly.

Originally when my Windows ME failed after a power outage [it showed the message Missing OS, and I had no installing disc, at the time my uncle had his Windows 2000], I had installed Linux, tried it out for a few months, it wasn't too bad, but at the same time, it was a bit complicated, especially installing games, the older 2004 games (at that time Hoyle Card Games, Board Games, and Sim City 3000 Unlimited)

Today, I have an older model of XP and my grandma has Vista. I kept XP since Sim City 4 works best on it. I'm saving money (around $30 US Dollars every month [now I have $90 US Dollars saved]) to buy a new pc, I really want to try Windows 7 or 8 when I have saved enough.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links