Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2012 (07:46 PM).
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
The title says it all! Would this be a good or bad idea? Please list why you think Good or Bad.

My Opinion: Good Idea!
I think it would be a good idea because it would get Pokemon fans more involved in the show. It could be like a voting poll and viewers could vote on the Pokemon the characters use.

What do you think?
Old August 10th, 2012 (04:18 AM).
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I second this. I'd love to choose the Pokemon for the characters!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old August 10th, 2012 (08:07 AM).
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
I would actually really enjoy this! At least some people might actually get to see something they want to see in the anime!

Old August 10th, 2012 (08:30 AM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
It would be a good idea! Because that would give more opportunities for the fans.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old August 11th, 2012 (09:06 AM).
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
I don't think this is a good idea. While it's an interesting concept, the writers will be busy appeasing the fans' wishes rather than writing or animating. Also, the games are what provides an interactive medium for Pokemon to begin with.
Old August 11th, 2012 (09:43 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

I'd say no. There's really no reason for fans to have a say in what goes on in the show in the first place. It's there for us to watch and enjoy, not for us to decide what should happen. Plus, think about this:

Ash is facing a Steelix. Should he use:
A) Pikachu
B) Pignite
C) Leavanny

If the fans vote to use A or C, he'll lose. (Just because because Pignite is the obvious right answer, people won't have to choose it.) It would just be a popularity contest that might actually hurt the story.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old August 11th, 2012 (11:44 AM).
Soar
n00b

Quote originally posted by psyanic:
I don't think this is a good idea. While it's an interesting concept, the writers will be busy appeasing the fans' wishes rather than writing or animating. Also, the games are what provides an interactive medium for Pokemon to begin with.
That is a good point. The writers would also have to prolong the episode to get all the scenes animated :P

Quote originally posted by voicerocker:
I'd say no. There's really no reason for fans to have a say in what goes on in the show in the first place. It's there for us to watch and enjoy, not for us to decide what should happen. Plus, think about this:

Ash is facing a Steelix. Should he use:
A) Pikachu
B) Pignite
C) Leavanny

If the fans vote to use A or C, he'll lose. (Just because because Pignite is the obvious right answer, people won't have to choose it.) It would just be a popularity contest that might actually hurt the story.
Hmm I never thought about it like that :P but you make a good point.
But with every idea, there will be some pros and cons.

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
Old August 15th, 2012 (04:09 PM).
Lord Varion
Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
I'd say bad idea.
Too many people would mess up the show by picking the badest of answers.

Ash has caused Zekrom to faint, What do?
A] Catch it.
B] Leave it.
C] Figure out why it was doing bad stuff and help it?

We all know what people would pick.

Although A & C could possibly have the same outcome.
Old August 15th, 2012 (04:42 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I am all for more fan appeasement, but it seems like if they had something like that they would need to illustrate multiple possibilities in one episode based on the fans choice, which would inevitably effect what would happen in the next episode. At the end of the series the possibilities would be boundless and the writers wouldn't have the time to write an adequate story cause they would be too busy writing episode alternative outcomes.

First they would need to give us what we have been wanting for a long time, which is progression. So the idea of polls is great on face value but would cause way to much backlogging and would in my mind reduce the quality of the show.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old August 24th, 2012 (05:54 PM).
Typhizard

Nature: Quirky
I would seriously love this to happen. You can finally pick where they go and whatnot. :D
Pokemon White 2 (trying to finish the Join Avenue)
Pokemon HeartGold (trying to catch all legendaries)
Pokemon Black 2 (Nuzlocke)

Friend Code for 3DS:
TBA
Old August 24th, 2012 (06:20 PM).
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
I have to disagree

They're animators and writers, not brown nosers. You have to take into consideration the plot and the actual animation that works out with the plot. It's not a simple task. It takes a lot of work to make an animation, even with the right tools and also figure out how to formulate it so the pacing is kept up with a mixture of both the action and the small story that goes with it so it ends every episode with some sort of conclusion to the current conflict as to not leave the viewers hanging. All the writers, Music composers, animaters, voice actors, and the rest of the cast need to plan all this out in order to make a good series.

Example:
If they give interaction like "X Character won the battle against the Y Pokemon" what will he do next episode, YOU THE VIEWERS DECIDE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!
Will he
-Catch it
-Kill it
-Let it go
The polls will take some time to go through first of all, and second, all the plans for the future episodes will be completely altered. They wouldn't have the time to do all the planning, animating, and writing for next week and will make it look rushed and lazy. Not only that, the option might also change the pacing of how many episodes their are. For example if the Pokemon Y was captured or was freed, it might have a conflict for a later episode turning it into an entire episode therefore not planning out the route of the main character and his overall pacing with the region.

The short: though it sounds like a good idea in the perspective of the viewers. You have to take into consideration of how much effort it would take and the near impossible planning that would be involved.

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:48 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Maybe as a side series, but definitely not the main series.

I think the poll idea is great on Pokémon.com or something, so that the writers will have a general idea of what the fans want.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links