The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2014, 03:23 AM
igorbobrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
This game requires to have RTC enabled on your emulator in order for time based events to run.
That script occurs only in the day. The night script is the Joey/Rocket event.
Go to a Pokemon Center. Save your game. Enable RTC. Completely exit your emulator and then restart the game.

[/FONT][/SIZE]
thank you !!! you help me a lot !

Old January 3rd, 2014, 03:34 AM
chiefjeef
Hero Of Time

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to chiefjeef
Quote:
Everything seems normal now (I hope, haha). Here's a recap.
Beta 2.3's, very first var event script somehow got replaced with a random script that I had created recently. I don't even know how that's possible, but yeah. After a series of bugfixes, I came out with beta 2.4.

This is why it is mandatory to restart for 2.4. That particular flag and var needs to be properly cleared.

And if you're lucky enough to somehow catch Suicune, LOL. It will not break your game!
will you release wild pokemon lists?
Old January 3rd, 2014, 03:43 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefjeef View Post
will you release wild pokemon lists?
It depends. However, the Pokdex Pokemon locator will be fixed in beta 3.

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:02 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Quote:
Thanks! We'll definitely make a great team! Graphics are a thing that can be periodically updated! So don't rush your awesome sprites! Yeah. I know what you mean by the music. I was aiming for a "retro-y" feeling for the game since I loved the GBC 2nd generation games and for the nostalgia! It was intended. I also tried to give this feeling with the palette edit of the wild grass battle background. I'll eventually entirely overhaul the battle backgrounds in beta 3.

I mainly used zortac's Crystal Kanto Music Patch because I loved the simplistic music cheerful chimes of the second generation (something that 3rd gen and onward no longer have, in my opinion) and I wanted to bring it back in this rom hack.

----------
Now with 2.3 out of the way, it's time for 3.0! Beta 3 will progress up to the Taejo League! And regional borderline Peacemaker City of Seijo!
And once more, I will update the graphics of the game little by little. There will be improvements in other places as well.
Yeah I could probably port some GBC music and remix it for you ( but in that simple retro-y way you were talking about ) as i have been learning music insertion as well as composing

EDIT:
I waned to say all the cool things in the hack, besides some music most did sound good and had that retro-y feel you were talking about. SO MUCH ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Weather and DNS. YOUNGSTER. JOEY.
The fact that you used new tiles that look AWESOME. and more i just need to play more to find out

EDIT 2: BUGS
MINOR
When walking from the route above your home town and walking back to your hometown will make the snow turn pitch black and randomly fixes itself
Sanstorm in Oaks lab XD
MAJOR
That guard that someone was talking about is blocking the door into the park and he indeed does feeze your game :/

Last edited by Ace_Master_of_Turtles; January 3rd, 2014 at 05:26 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
mikefromto

question, you say you no longer need to create new save files, is that for this beta or will it be for beta 3
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:11 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Master_of_Turtles View Post
Yeah I could probably port some GBC music and remix it for you ( but in that simple retro-y way you were talking about ) as i have been learning music insertion as well as composing

EDIT:
I waned to say all the cool things in the hack, besides some music most did sound good and had that retro-y feel you were talking about. SO MUCH ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Weather and DNS. YOUNGSTER. JOEY.
The fact that you used new tiles that look AWESOME. and more i just need to play more to find out

EDIT 2: BUGS
MINOR
When walking from the route above your home town and walking back to your hometown will make the snow turn pitch black and randomly fixes itself
Sanstorm in Oaks lab XD
MAJOR
That guard that someone was talking about is blocking the door into the park and he indeed does feeze your game :/
That sandstorm that happens in Oaks lab somehow replaced my "Oak is not here script!" That was very weird. Since that sets flags and vars, it led to other bugs. I fixed it in beta 2.4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromto View Post
question, you say you no longer need to create new save files, is that for this beta or will it be for beta 3
Create a new save file for this game, then you're good to go!

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Quote:
That sandstorm that happens in Oaks lab somehow replaced my "Oak is not here script!" That was very weird. Since that sets flags and vars, it led to other bugs. I fixed it in beta 2.4!
Okay thanks Downloading now

Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:33 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Okay thanks Downloading now
It's recommended to start over! But if you really really can't, go back to Oak's lab to make sure the event is set.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Quote:
It's recommended to start over! But if you really really can't, go back to Oak's lab to make sure the event is set.
I did, I'm back where i was, thanks

Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

WOW found lvl 20 suicune on Route 50 right after beating Bugsler, I heard that music an knew some serious $*** was about to go down

Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
Myc Shredder

Quote:
WOW found lvl 20 suicune on Route 50 right after beating Bugsler, I heard that music an knew some serious $*** was about to go down
Word! The music on this hack is on some other level. I especially love that sinister Silversky Town music. From now & then I just stop my character in the middle of town to please my ears.

Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myc Shredder View Post
Word! The music on this hack is on some other level. I especially love that sinister Silversky Town music. From now & then I just stop my character in the middle of town to please my ears.
but the youngster joey one was a bit dissapointing, don't worry I'll get FIXZ a better version ;P

Old January 3rd, 2014, 02:07 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Haha, yeah. Suicune is part of the very early storyline. There will be an event where he actually saves your butt! And hen the main storyline diverges unto other sub sections!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myc Shredder View Post
Glad you're enjoying the music! Most of the music is from either a wide range of sources put to together. They're in my credits section if you want to look up the tracks!
Quote:
but the youngster joey one was a bit dissapointing, don't worry I'll get FIXZ a better version ;P
Hahaha!
----------
Well, I hope you guys have started looking for the shards as hinted by the former Seaview Town Temple.
It's part of the very early storyline!
-----

-----
Edit 1 - I just realized how stupidly buggy Advance Map can be. I noticed that some of my other scripts have been put on completely different maps!
It's not game breaking though. I checked a backup game and the script was on its proper map, then I go back to this most recent backup and that same script is on a different map...

Edit 2 - I'll release another mini fix 2.4.1 soon. Nothing major or anything. You can use your current 2.4 save file with it.
With that being said, everything should be fully ironed out!
Also, when you find all of your shards, save your game and wait for this new fix.
----------
Holy smokies! I ran into a legit shiny on my current play though!
-----

-----
This is my fourth legit shiny encounter ever!

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX

Last edited by FrozenInfernoZX; January 3rd, 2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:15 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this, but I always get "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." every time I start up the game on VBA. I'm using 1636 (Squirrels), so I'm thinking of using a different ROM. I want to use the same ROM as the creator so it will stick better. Should I go look for a different FR ROM or look for another Squirrels one?

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon Fae, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.

United by blood and fate.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:57 PM
chiefjeef
Hero Of Time

when does sucine learn a move? D:

come through! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmg...6nqhWxg/videos
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this, but I always get "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." every time I start up the game on VBA. I'm using 1636 (Squirrels), so I'm thinking of using a different ROM. I want to use the same ROM as the creator so it will stick better. Should I go look for a different FR ROM or look for another Squirrels one?
You have to choose an automatic/128 save type.

Quote:
when does sucine learn a move? D:
You're not really supposed to catch it. That's why I made it learn only Protect and Roar. It starts its movepool at a much later level when you are supposed to catch it. I didn't think people would actually try or even attempt to catch a level 20 legend so early in the game. I'm going to have to learn to make Suicune instantly flee...

But how did you even capture it? You must be really lucky.
1) It has a capture rate of 3.
2) It's on level 20.
3) Your Pokemon are around level 10.
4) You only have standard Pokeballs.
5) It knows Roar.

The chances of capturing that is... lol.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Thank you for the help , now to try to implement that onto the MyBoy emulator on my Android, and I'll be set to go :p
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:50 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Updated front page with the 2.5 (2.3) nerf patch.
There should be no more mini bugs!
I just completed another play though, haha.
-----

-----

-----
You will know when it is the end of the beta, just like beta 1.

Also, don't be afraid of losing during an "event storyline battle."
You will be able to resume where you left off during the event.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:57 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

My game just froze when I was given a Chesto berry not long after seeing Suicune.

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:58 PM
chiefjeef
Hero Of Time

Quote:

You're not really supposed to catch it. That's why I made it learn only Protect and Roar. It starts its movepool at a much later level when you are supposed to catch it. I didn't think people would actually try or even attempt to catch a level 20 legend so early in the game. I'm going to have to learn to make Suicune instantly flee...

But how did you even capture it? You must be really lucky.
1) It has a capture rate of 3.
2) It's on level 20.
3) Your Pokemon are around level 10.
4) You only have standard Pokeballs.
5) It knows Roar.

The chances of capturing that is... lol.
lol save states.... the no moves countered me though -.-
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I didn't think people would actually try or even attempt to catch a level 20 legend so early in the game
I would say that was pretty obvious since you actually have Pokeballs =D And you can get powerful Poke in the early parts of game =D
And with reload, it's pretty good =D
Btw, Suicune should only have Roar as Protect somehow takes precedence in the games o.O Or should be uncatchable (Metapod made this routine in AshGray or you can use Marowak's routine from Lavender Tower)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:06 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
My game just froze when I was given a Chesto berry not long after seeing Suicune.
Are you talking about the "Create and share with the World" girl?
-----

-----
That girl never gave me a problem. Ever. Under which specific beta title have you started your save file in?
I just did a play though and checked every single script in the beta, weird.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:11 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
lol save states.... the no moves countered me though -.-
Using savestates in rom hacks, especially heavily extensive ones is not a good idea!
It must have taken forever though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
I would say that was pretty obvious since you actually have Pokeballs =D And you can get powerful Poke in the early parts of game =D
And with reload, it's pretty good =D
Btw, Suicune should only have Roar as Protect somehow takes precedence in the games o.O Or should be uncatchable (Metapod made this routine in AshGray or you can use Marowak's routine from Lavender Tower)
I made it learn protect to relate to it as part of the story cause later on in the beta, you learn that Suicune is trying to protect you from danger. Then he becomes your protector, haha.
I guess I'll look into the routine!

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Mochorro

Quote:
Are you talking about the "Create and share with the World" girl?
-----

-----
That girl never gave me a problem. Ever. Under which specific beta title have you started your save file in?
I just did a play though and checked every single script in the beta, weird.
Hey, that same girl froze my game as well. It was odd, though, and I can't know why. I had just caught a Budew in the grass below her, then I spoke to her and the game froze here (I was using Beta 2.4):

I say it was odd because later I went to heal my team and then saved and tried speaking to her again, and it went well.

Also, two more silly things:

The music here stops after a while, don't know if it's intended or not.

This is simply a typo, it's not important, it should be news.

Really enjoying the game for now, I really like how many paths there are to visit later, the game is very enjoyable!

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:33 AM
chiefjeef
Hero Of Time

[QUOTE=FrozenInfernoZX;8021604]Using savestates in rom hacks, especially heavily extensive ones is not a good idea!
It must have taken forever though!

took forever. and ive heard save states are bad soo many times.. why?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links