The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Saltsas

I really like your ideas of being different from the official games, and I also find the descriptions really useful! Anyways, good luck with it :D
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Saltsas

I really like your ideas of being different from the official games, and I also find the descriptions really useful! Anyways, good luck with it :D
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post

Why can't a rom hack have a little different taste from the original games? Isn't that the point of rom hacking? There are only three towns, not cities accessible in this game and only one of them has grass since it is a town based off of a mystical forest and hosts a legend that will be accessed much later in the game... and what's the difference between grass in a town and grass in a route...?

Well, in this game, there are
going to be a lot of "non traditional" features that were not in the originals simply because as a player of these games, I always wished that they had mixed things up a bit. For instance, I am going to have unofficial gyms and lots of other things that I have always wanted in the GBA game series.
Well considering that fact that the town I was in, the 3rd Town, (I didn't really care about the grass in the other towns cause it's not a lot) was mapped liked a maze. And to get to certain places you had to go through patches of grass and it annoys me since Pokemon always appear. It would have been nice to have repels in the PokeMarts though. I think of cities and routes differently. Routes are where annoying Pokemon pop up. That's where you train and catpture new Pokemon. Cities/Towns are where you rest from those stuff. You heal your Pokemon, do the stuff you have to do in towns, and battle gym leaders. But that's just my opinion.
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:35 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
Well considering that fact that the town I was in, the 3rd Town, (I didn't really care about the grass in the other towns cause it's not a lot) was mapped liked a maze. And to get to certain places you had to go through patches of grass and it annoys me since Pokemon always appear. It would have been nice to have repels in the PokeMarts though. I think of cities and routes differently. Routes are where annoying Pokemon pop up. That's where you train and catpture new Pokemon. Cities/Towns are where you rest from those stuff. You heal your Pokemon, do the stuff you have to do in towns, and battle gym leaders. But that's just my opinion.

Lol, there is no grass in the first few towns, what are you talking about. Well, if it makes you feel better, I'll personally create a separate patch with a renamed Silversky Town to Silversky Forest...
just for you. Actually, that place, if you haven't talked to the NPC, is called Forslorn Forest a sub section of Silversky Town. That is what the NPC tells you... There is even a sign stating that you are entering the forest section of the town... it is a forest, it is supposed to have wild encounters that annoy you, just like in the original games. Well in this game, like I said, is not going to follow the repetitive traditionals of the official games. Also, there is a lady that gives you a Cleanse Tag. In fact, I'll just lower the encounter rate and supply repels in the Silversky Pokecenter.

Brighton Town - No grass at all...
Seaview Town - No grass at all...
-If you are talking about the gym, Bugsler likes to bring back Pokemon for his girlfriend...
Silversky
(Forest) Town- Of course it will have grass...
-Lola's gym will have a garden because it fits her personality...

In Aqualight City, Gym Leader Aquinas will obviously not have grass in his gym because he trains water types...

Your making a big deal about something that I can easily adjust in two seconds...

Sounds like you hate wild Pokemon... if you haven't noticed in the official games, grass on routes are put in certain places to make it a bit annoying/challenging to get to a certain place... or to obtain an item... same procedure applies here in this rom hack... this is nothing new...

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...

Last edited by FrozenInfernoZX; July 9th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Nah, I don't hate wild Pokemon. It just seems wrong seeing grass in cities/towns.

Quote:
Silversky (Forest) Town- Of course it will have grass...
This would have been nice to know lol.

Spoiler:

This is the town im talking about. Unless only the top left part is the town?

Last edited by Ace.; July 9th, 2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:41 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
Nah, I don't hate wild Pokemon. It just seems wrong seeing grass in cities/towns.

This would have been nice to know lol.

Spoiler:

This is the town im talking about. Unless only the top left part is the town?

Pretty much, yeah. That was my intention upon its creation and the outskirt portion of the town is more or like the main entrance section to the town's forest, as stated by the sign. That's an outdated map, however.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX

Last edited by FrozenInfernoZX; July 9th, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Flamebot

There is a cave in route 50 I think, it has a Team rocket grunt but he does nothing. And I can't pick up the pokeball there. Also Nidorina (boy) first forms battle sprite is messed up. Its half his body. Also there is a guy in the second town all he says is ...
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
There is a cave in route 50 I think, it has a Team rocket grunt but he does nothing. And I can't pick up the pokeball there. Also Nidorina (boy) first forms battle sprite is messed up. Its half his body. Also there is a guy in the second town all he says is ...
1st Query
Screenshots would be nice. There is no cave on Route 50, hmm, you mean Tosturf Tunnels on Route 51? That Pokeball in that area is accessed by using Rock Smash later in the game. I am not sure if this is the place you are talking about however. Did those rocks somehow randomly disappeared for you?

2nd Query

Nidoran's backsprite is now fixed. I just forgot to reposition it. Good catch!

3rd Query
This is actually not a bug. He purposely says that because he is staring at that item behind the house through the window. He actually speaks later on in the game. I won't say how though!

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Flamebot

Quote:
[FONT=Carter One]1st [lNT]Query
Screenshots would be nice. There is no cave on Route 50, hmm, you mean Tosturf Tunnels on Route 51? That Pokeball in that area is accessed by using Rock Smash later in the game. I am not sure if this is the place you are talking about however. Did those rocks somehow randomly disappeared for you?

2nd Query

Nidoran's backsprite is now fixed. I just forgot to reposition it. Good catch!

3rd Query
This is actually not a bug. He purposely says that because he is staring at that item behind the house through the window. He actually speaks later on in the game. I won't say how though!
Yeah they did disappear and it crashed my game before I could save lol, but I went back after I started a new game and the rocks are there. Also can you evolve electabuzz in this game
?
Also I can now provide screen shots, just had to figure out how on a phone. But I'm glad you fixed the backsprite it look funny XD.
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Flamebot

Pokemon FireRed_1373388680172.pngIs this supossed to be wild?
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Yeah they did disappear and it crashed my game before I could save lol, but I went back after I started a new game and the rocks are there. Also can you evolve electabuzz in this game
?
Also I can now provide screen shots, just had to figure out how on a phone. But I'm glad you fixed the backsprite it look funny XD.
Those disappearing rocks, looks like a different flag may be setting them off, I think I gave them the same flag as a tree perhaps. I'll recheck my flags. Yup, Electabuzz evolves in this game. You can catch Elekids only in the mornings on Route 51 (so far).

Quote:
Attachment 68774Is this supossed to be wild?
Yup! Consider yourself lucky. I made it a pretty rare Pokemon in Forslorn Forest and you encountered one! In this game, the starters are just like regular Pokemon. Basically, they are not starters and they are quite common in the wild!

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Flamebot

Does the game end at the maze? I have done everything and talked to everyone but I can't through the maze. The lady says she needs to find her daughter or something but it wont let me get to the end, it says it looks like tje forest has shifted but I did nothing.
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Does the game end at the maze? I have done everything and talked to everyone but I can't through the maze. The lady says she needs to find her daughter or something but it wont let me get to the end, it says it looks like tje forest has shifted but I did nothing.

There is a nighttime only event in Silversky Town, that'll allow you to advance in the forest and then you can find the key to open that locked door in Silversky Town! Finding the lady's daughter will be in beta 2 (which there is a bug, that allows to access this place which you told me about). The event in the locked house is the last event! =)

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Flamebot

Quote:

There is a nighttime only event in Silversky Town, that'll allow you to advance in the forest and then you can find the key to open that locked door in Silversky Town! Finding the lady's daughter will be in beta 2 (which there is a bug, that allows to access this place which you told me about). The event in the locked house is the last event!
Well, for beta 2 you should add in clocks. If the script needed for clocks is a javascript I can give you most of the script.
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:56 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Well, for beta 2 you should add in clocks. If the script needed for clocks is a javascript I can give you most of the script.

I figured that in game clocks were not needed since the time in game is literally the time displayed on your PC.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Flamebot

Quote:

I figured that in game clocks were not needed since the time in game is literally the time displayed on your PC.
But is the game time based on real time?
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Flamebot

I asume that "This feels fishy" and the tree that made those kids disapper is going to be some event later on to get a legendary or something? 0.0.
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
But is the game time based on real time?
Yup.

Quote:
I asume that "This feels fishy" and the tree that made those kids disapper is going to be some event later on to get a legendary or something? 0.0.
This feels fishy was referring to the Youngster Joey and Marshall John event that occurs starting at night, which is 8pm and that tree later on in the game once activated (I won't say how) will unlock the mystery of the forest.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Flamebot

Quote:
Yup.

This feels fishy was referring to the Youngster Joey and Marshall John event that occurs starting at night, which is 8pm and that tree later on in the game once activated (I won't say how) will unlock the mystery of the forest.
Will I eventually activate it no matter what? And you should change the event to 7:00 because the mom says I never let my kids stay out past 7:00 because bad things happen at night.
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Flamebot

Oh, and is the house where I find the diary and the black glasses the end? If so can't wait for beta 2
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Will I eventually activate it no matter what? And you should change the event to 7:00 because the mom says I never let my kids stay out past 7:00 because bad things happen at night.

I'll just change the script text to 8:00pm then. Have you battled the three sailors (Chips, Ahoy, and Matey) in the forest as well? They only show up in the day and when the Super Rockets are finished with their event.

The nighttime event is activated only between the hours of 8pm to 6am.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Flamebot

I know I'm done the event. And got ghe tizzle key used it and read the diary. Is the game done now? Beta 2 is gonna be awesome can't wait
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
I know I'm done the event. And got ghe tizzle key used it and read the diary. Is the game done now? Beta 2 is gonna be awesome can't wait
Yup, that's the end! There's an extra thing that if you go to Route 51, you can talk to a police member that will eventually scold Youngster Splif for being rude to people, haha.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Flamebot

Pokemon FireRed_1373413990190.pngHaha Pokemon FireRed_1373413935351.pngBest party EVAAA jkjk. And yeah I caught that when the police officer was doing that XD
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:24 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote:
Attachment 68776Haha Attachment 68777Best party EVAAA jkjk. And yeah I caught that when the police officer was doing that XD
Those disappearing rocks are now fixed! They were sharing the same flags with those trees on Route 49, that's why they disappeared when those trees were cut down. Hahaha, awesome team you got there, lol.

Pokémon Teal Version
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links