Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Drawing Contest Theme!
Legendary Water Types 10 30.30%
Starters 17 51.52%
Best Of [insert region] 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2012 (05:43 AM).
cobra pokemon

Quote originally posted by krazzikk:
OK Guys, New Topic

Kyogre Vs. Keldeo
Who has the best design, who is your first choice when constructing a team?
I tend to use Kyogre just a bit more (although I don't use legendary pokemon much) due to my familiarity with Kyogre more than the new guy Keldeo. Kyogre's drizzle also helps boast its power and puts an end to irritating hail or sandstorms. I think Keldeo's typing is unique though, off the top of my head i can't name any other water/fighting types but Keldeo hasn't quite got the attack to pull of being a powerful fighting type.
Both are worth considering though.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old August 15th, 2012 (01:41 AM). Edited August 15th, 2012 by Krazzikk.

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by arbok:
Kyogre's drizzle also helps boast its power and puts an end to irritating hail or sandstorms. I think Keldeo's typing is unique though, off the top of my head i can't name any other water/fighting types but Keldeo hasn't quite got the attack to pull of being a powerful fighting type.
Both are worth considering though.
I don't seem to have a problem with Keldeo's lack of drizzle because i'll just get Politoed (I think that's how you spell it) for that, everyone uses Politoed for that reason anyways! Although Kyogre is a stronger hitter Keldeo's typing makes him a better Pokemon in my opinion because he has a wider range of possibilities and makes him a better match up against some Pokemon that Kyogre would normally have trouble with. But as you said they are both worth considering.

VS.
Old August 15th, 2012 (04:06 AM).
Back

Nature: Gentle
Kyogre Vs. Keldeo

Kyogre has the best design, by far. It's a badass legendary, you can guess it just by seeing it. I don't really like Keldeo's design, it looks a bit childish and I don't like its colour scheme.
For my team I'd rather choose Kyogre, because since the Sapphire version I'm used to using it, so it'd be easier to handle it than Keldeo, that I've never really used. So, even if my reasons aren't very strategic, I'd go for Kyogre.

Old August 15th, 2012 (04:40 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I guess I'll join this.

Name: Hikari10
2 Partner Pokemon: Julian the Oshawott and Pippi the Piplup
Why do you want to swim with us?: I always use a Water-type starter on my team or I mainly choose the Water-type starter not to mention they are so handy to use!
Answer Current topic: I love Kyogre's design better than Keldeo. They both look nice but Kyogre's blue coloring makes it look really beautiful and Generation 3 was the first time I played a Pokemon game as well. Also, Kyogre's Drizzle makes its Water-type attacks really menacing due to the rain.
Old August 15th, 2012 (05:31 AM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Kyogre Vs. Keldeo

A bit unfair for Keldeo here with my answer, since I've never actually used it. But, for design, definitely Kyogre. While I didn't like the designs of the majority of the third generation Pokémon, the legendaries stood out of the crowd with their amazing designs, mainly the Weather Trio. One distinct feature that made them all so great was the markings. I can't really tell why, but they always really appealed to me, and I just felt like they made them look really cool, and though I prefer Groudon's markings and design in general over Kyogre, it still looks extremely cool. I can't say much for Keldeo though. I like its concept and everything, but I just can't help but thing it looks a bit awkward. It's not a bad design, but I don't think it comes that close to Kyogre, so I can definitely tell which is my favourite there.

For which one I'd choose for the team, I can only really say Kyogre here. It's actually a really good Pokémon to use for your team, which I learned from playing cheap and replacing my Ludicolo with it, and it ended up nearly soloing the league, so so that'd definitely be on good point when choosing between them, if I actually knew how good Keldeo was. It was a bit bad choice of Pokémon to pit against another, since unless you play PO, most people wouldn't have tried using it, so there'd be a lot more people who'd choose Kyogre over Keldeo. So yeah, Kyogre is the one I'd choose for my team.

Old August 15th, 2012 (11:17 AM).
Did I just wake up in Narnia?

Nature: Sassy
Name: Kenzi
2 Partner Pokemon: Starmie & Politoed
Why do you want to swim with us?: I want to live in the sea and swim with water Pokémon all day and night. ♥
Answer Current topic: Kyogre Vs. Keldeo
Kyogre would definitely be my first choice. It's bigger and faster. Keldeo's ponyness just doesn't match up design wise.
Old August 16th, 2012 (06:18 AM).
All society is one big pie

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Happy Azumarill Send a message via Skype™ to Happy Azumarill
Name: Happy Azumarill
Partner: Azumarill & Piplup
Why: I love water types so much cuter.
Topic: kyogre is much better than keldeo, because kyogre is more original
Old August 16th, 2012 (08:22 PM).
Silver Tier

Welcome to the two of you. Hope you'll have a fun time here!

Quote originally posted by Happy Azumarill:
Topic: kyogre is much better than keldeo, because kyogre is more original
I do like Kyogre much more as well, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by Kyogre being more original. I actually quite like Keldeo's concept, as though the unicorn is a really well known mythological creature, which are the kinds of things Pokémon are also made on, it's the first time a Pokémon based on a unicorn is made. I'm not quite sure what Kyogre's actually based on, but I feel like it's a lot more generic than Keldeo, and not to mention that Keldeo has a lot more backstory than Kyogre.

So yeah, it'd be great if you'd elaborate :D

Old August 17th, 2012 (01:20 AM).
cobra pokemon

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
Welcome to the two of you. Hope you'll have a fun time here!

I do like Kyogre much more as well, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by Kyogre being more original. I actually quite like Keldeo's concept, as though the unicorn is a really well known mythological creature, which are the kinds of things Pokémon are also made on, it's the first time a Pokémon based on a unicorn is made. I'm not quite sure what Kyogre's actually based on, but I feel like it's a lot more generic than Keldeo, and not to mention that Keldeo has a lot more backstory than Kyogre.

So yeah, it'd be great if you'd elaborate :D
Keldeo is the first unicorn? I think Rapidash may disagree
To me Kyogre looks a lot more like a mystery. it seems like the moment you look at it you know that it is a legendary pokemon with Keldeo it feels more like it could be any pokemon, not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but Kyogre just feels truly like the stuff of legends.
Welcome to Kenzi and Happy Azumarill

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old August 17th, 2012 (05:02 AM).
Silver Tier

I don't think Rapidash is actually supposed to "be" a unicorn, though it's clear that it was inspired by one. I didn't mention it, because I honestly didn't remember it had a horn, which is probably because it isn't really a distinct feature, and as it's recognized as a horse much more than a unicorn. Keldeo is clear that it's completely based off a unicorn though, so I just assumed it was first Pokémon to be based on one. I can agree that Kyogre looks much more legendary though, pretty much because it just kinda has a "legendary" look. Keldeo can probably be grouped with Pokémon like Shaymin and Manaphy and such Pokémon, as they're relatively small and could easily be regular Pokémon.

Old August 18th, 2012 (05:26 AM).

Sorry I haven't been active guys =/

Kyogre seems a bit boring to me tbh. Maybe it's just me but the design just seems really generic =/. Besides his performance in battle I like Keldeo because he is so awesome just because of his pride and his stance not to mention his 2nd form which looks even cooler, but I can see why other people think Kyogre has a better design then Keldeo.
Old August 18th, 2012 (07:22 PM).
"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."

Nature: Modest
Name: Falling Wishes

2 Partner Pokemon: Crawduant & Ludicolo

Why do you want to swim with us?: I adore the cuteness of water Pokemon & i love the water!

Favorite Water Pokemon & Why: Empoleon, i think its the most amazing water type in all Generations! I also enjoy that he is original in dual types with Water - Steel. It looks pretty neat with the design & such, plus penguins are stunning in their beauty.
Old August 18th, 2012 (08:24 PM).
Guardian of Le Foret
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Name: Jerichob10 (call me Jericho or Jeri)
2 Partner Pokemon: Squirtle & Marill
Why do you want to swim with us?: Water pokemon are the cutest a lot of the time and they can be very strong pokemon, they help you in the toughest times and are just plain awsome!
Favorite water pokemon and why: My favorite water pokemon is squirtle. Why? Well squirtle is the first water starter, as well as the cutest in my opinion. I also believe it to be the strongest of all the water starters and i love all 3 evolutions.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old August 20th, 2012 (05:39 PM).

Now, I know people like to be replied to quickly, I know I do, so i'm sorry I wasn't able to welcome everyone! The club is also in a bit of a slump at the moment but I think a new topic should fix that right up! n.n

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! Nice to meet you Falling Wishes and Jeri! Have fun posting!!!

I Would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for joining and actively posting! It may not seem like much, but it really means a lot to me when you guys sign up and contribute to my club! Also, special thanks to Falling Wishes for putting my club in your signature <3

New Topic! *Applause*

If They Made Pokemon Grey, What Would You Have Wanted The Water Starter To Be Instead of Oshawott
*Gets out his handy-dandy Pokemon B/W Handbook* (That has actually came in handy more than I thought it would, lol) Well, because Oshawott is the only 3 Evolution Water Type in the 5th Generation, it will have to be a 1 Evolution or 2 Evolution Pokemon, but I really don't think I would like a starter that didn't evolve. For me, it's between Ducklett and Tirtouga. Even though Ducklett is hard to put off, because he is so cute, I have to say Tirtouga, because he has some moves I like that Ducklett doesn't have so for me, Tirtouga
Old August 20th, 2012 (09:47 PM). Edited August 20th, 2012 by Miau.
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

I feel like an idiot right now, since I thought you meant they made the Pokemon grey, like colored grey, and I thought, okay Tirtouga is grey, but Ducklett isn't? :D

I get it now though, so I'm gonna chose Tympole. She has a 3 evolutionary line, gets a nice 2nd type, and I used her in my game and loved her, she's still in my team. Hydro Pump + Earthquake FTW.

Edit: Also, sorry for disappearing these days, I'll be a lot more active. And I'm not sure if members can suggest new topics, since the owner is in charge of that, but I had a couple of ideas. However, if it's not allowed, I apologize and won't mention it again.
Old August 21st, 2012 (03:02 AM).
cobra pokemon

yeah I agree with MIAU that Tympole seems the most logical choice. it has three stages like every starter should. I like Tirtouga but having a fossil as a starter would feel strange, we also have Squirtle line as a starter and two water turtle starters may feel a little like they're just recycling Pokemon even more.

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old August 21st, 2012 (03:19 AM). Edited August 21st, 2012 by Krazzikk.

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
And I'm not sure if members can suggest new topics, since the owner is in charge of that, but I had a couple of ideas. However, if it's not allowed, I apologize and won't mention it again.
Omg, thanks for reminding me, I meant to put something like that in the rules or something! But yes! I would love to have your ideas just PM me them so I can make sure they are fit for the club. x]
Quote originally posted by MIAU:
Omg, thanks for reminding me, I meant to put that in the rules or something but I forgot! Um, yes I would very appreciate your topics, just PM them to me so I can make sure they are...you know...fit for the club!

I get it now though, so I'm gonna chose Tympole. She has a 3 evolutionary line, gets a nice 2nd type, and I used her in my game and loved her, she's still in my team. Hydro Pump + Earthquake FTW.

Edit: Also, sorry for disappearing these days, I'll be a lot more active.
Don't worry I don't mind, i've been a bit inactive myself. Just try to be active when you can

Nice choice, I've never thought of Tympole as a strong Pokemon until you came along and I thought about it :]

Although I don't know if that counts because I remember Tympole being in games before B/W.

Quote originally posted by arbok:
we also have Squirtle line as a starter and two water turtle starters may feel a little like they're just recycling Pokemon even more.
Err you ninja'd me =P

I guess you have a point, I never thought about that but as I said, Tympole came before the 5th gen which would change everything, because they have never had a starter that wasn't introduced in the same generation.
Old August 21st, 2012 (10:24 AM). Edited August 21st, 2012 by Miau.
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by krazzikk:
Nice choice, I've never thought of Tympole as a strong Pokemon until you came along and I thought about it :]

Although I don't know if that counts because I remember Tympole being in games before B/W.
Huh? No, I think all Pokemon in Unova are new. I mean those you meet before the E4. I'm pretty sure Tympole is a GenV Pokemon. And she is strong, I had her replace the water monkey (Panpour) whom I didn't like, and she took down Elesa and Clay by herself :D

Oh and sure, I'll PM you
Old August 23rd, 2012 (06:40 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?

I've used it several times in the past. How do I use Aqua Jet effectively? I'd say whenever a Pokemon is very close to be fainted or if my Pokemon is close to be fainted, Aqua Jet is the logically, smart move to use prior to the fainted stage.
Old August 23rd, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Silver Tier

Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?

I don't recall ever using it actually, though from what I've seen, it's pretty decent. All I've ever seen of it is from Ash's Buizel in the anime, in which it looks like a pretty decent move, but it's rare that the games and anime ever walk together in this regard. From what I've gathered it usually attacks first, so it's good to use when your Pokémon is in a pickle? If that's so, I'd probably use it around times when it's the only viable option, ie. when a Pokémon is about to faint and it's the fastest and strongest move available.

Old August 24th, 2012 (03:13 PM). Edited August 24th, 2012 by Krazzikk.

I WUV YOUO_O Thanks for the Topics MIAU, I will definitely use most of them! :3

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
From what I've gathered it usually attacks first, so it's good to use when your Pokémon is in a pickle? If that's so, I'd probably use it around times when it's the only viable option, ie. when a Pokémon is about to faint and it's the fastest and strongest move available.
Well not only does it usually go first but it is guaranteed to go first unless the other Pokemon is also using Aqua Jet and has a higher speed unless i'm mistaken, but i'm pretty sure that's what the description said when I played through White. But yes it is very convenient to have when you are in the situation where you are on low HP, it's also nice to have when you're in that situation where you're both at like 5 hp and your opponent thinks he is gonna out speed ya with his fancy Choice Scarf ;D
Old August 24th, 2012 (03:27 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Name: droomph
Partner: Mudkip and Oshawott
Why?: the reason right ^
topiku: Aqua jet? I usually don't pay attention to moves other than attack power, so I'd definitely use it somewhat if I were ever gonna come upon it.

Old August 26th, 2012 (05:38 PM).
A new adventure begins now

Nature: Modest
Name:TheAC29
2 Partner Pokemon:Empoleon and Marshtomp

Why do you want to swim with us?:Because the last time I logged in to see a new topic from the original Water-Park Pokemon Club, but the owner closed the club, but the good thing is you revived the club, so that's why I wanted to join the Water-Type Club again
Answer Current topic:I used Aqua Jet sometimes, but it's power is a little bit low to me, but it's worth a shot

Old August 26th, 2012 (08:19 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
If They Made Pokemon Grey, What Would You Have Wanted The Water Starter To Be Instead of Oshawott?

Why? Well look at all the starters in the past for instance, options to choose Fire vs Grass vs Water. Panpour & its other two rivalry are the perfect fit as starters, to me anywhere. Though I'd have to admit that I won't be going with water type if this were to ever happen. :x
Old August 27th, 2012 (03:50 AM).

Quote originally posted by droomph:
Name: droomph
Partner: Mudkip and Oshawott
Why?: the reason right ^
topiku: Aqua jet? I usually don't pay attention to moves other than attack power, so I'd definitely use it somewhat if I were ever gonna come upon it.
Quote originally posted by TheAC29:
Name:TheAC29
2 Partner Pokemon:Empoleon and Marshtomp

Why do you want to swim with us?:Because the last time I logged in to see a new topic from the original Water-Park Pokemon Club, but the owner closed the club, but the good thing is you revived the club, so that's why I wanted to join the Water-Type Club again
Answer Current topic:I used Aqua Jet sometimes, but it's power is a little bit low to me, but it's worth a shot
HELLO PEOPLES! I'M A BIT HYPER THIS MORNING! CAN YOU TELL!?!?!
@ TheAC29-Um...I don't remember reviewing the last Water Type club but i'll take it! :3

Yeah, Power isn't everything but it is nice to have that. Aqua Jet is a very strategic move rather than a move that has a bunch of power.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)