The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 8th, 2012 (06:18 PM). Edited August 9th, 2012 by Soar.
Soar's Avatar
Soar
n00b
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Hey PC! This is my first RMT so here goes.

Physical Wall:
Gligar @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn
I chose Gligar as a physical wall because he has great Team Synergy with Snorlax, because he resists the fighting moves that Snorlax is weak to. I chose eviolite because it gives Gligar one of the best defences in the UU Tier. Stealth Rocks to Set up Hazards, this also works with Snorlax. EQ For the STAB and so hes not Taunt Bait. Roost for the health recover. And U-Turn For the Switch+Damage.


Special Wall:
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind
Snorlax+Thick Fat can take the ice moves that really hurt Gligar. Body slam so hes not taunt bait. Rest for health recovery and to remove any status ailments(+5 for big word :D) Sleep talk for the rest. Whirlwind to prevent setting up and for entry hazards. And the good thing about whirlwind is it hits behind Substitutes! Bye bye CMSub Raikou


Physical Attacker:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
Honestly, Bisharp is very Special to this team. He has saved me countless times with SD Sucker Puch. SD to raise attack. Sucker Punch for revenge killing/ Good STAB. Iron Head For the STAB. And Brick Break for the Steel walls ( Bronzong ) or to break through those Light screens/reflects.


My Lead:
Crobat @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Super Fang
So this role is iffy. Brave Bird for the STAB. Roost for the Health. Taunt to prevent entry hazards. and SuperFang If i know Brave Bird wont do a lot.


Special Attacker:
Mismagius @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
Sub+Nasty Plot for the good Sp.Attck Shadow Ball for STAB and TBolt for the water Types.


Revenge Killer:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- V-create
Fusion Bolt for the Water/Flying Types. U turn for the Psychics,Zen Headbutt for the STAB and Ghosts, and V-create for the Steel and STAB and insane power xD


**This is my First RMT and i will welcome ANY advice. If possible though i would like to keep Gligar And Snorlax.**
  #2    
Old August 8th, 2012 (06:37 PM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Bisharp isn't that fast, so it can use Substitute over Iron Head or Brick Break to protect itself from status and make setting up easier. Also, if Bisharp is using a Fighting move, then it should use Low Kick to hit heavy opponents weak to Fighting harder than Brick Break, like Registeel and Cobalion This should show what I mean:
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head/Low Kick
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Defiant

If you don't want to use Sub, then at least replace Brick Break with Low Kick for the reason I stated above.

And Crobat should use a Jolly nature so that it outspends as much Pokemon as it can. It doesn't really need the Adamant nature since it's using mostly support moves.

Just so Snorlax isn't horribly screwed by physical attacks, the EV spread of 208 HP/124 Def/176 SDef can be used to balance out its bulk a bit.

Other entry hazard users you can consider are Froslass and Roserade because of their good defensive synergy with Snorlax:

Froslass:
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Pain Split
-Ice Beam
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/84 Def/176 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body

Roserade:
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest/Synthesis
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
__________________

  #3    
Old August 9th, 2012 (08:46 AM). Edited August 9th, 2012 by Soar.
Soar's Avatar
Soar
n00b
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Bisharp isn't that fast, so it can use Substitute over Iron Head or Brick Break to protect itself from status and make setting up easier. Also, if Bisharp is using a Fighting move, then it should use Low Kick to hit heavy opponents weak to Fighting harder than Brick Break, like Registeel and Cobalion This should show what I mean:
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head/Low Kick
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Defiant

If you don't want to use Sub, then at least replace Brick Break with Low Kick for the reason I stated above.

And Crobat should use a Jolly nature so that it outspends as much Pokemon as it can. It doesn't really need the Adamant nature since it's using mostly support moves.

Just so Snorlax isn't horribly screwed by physical attacks, the EV spread of 208 HP/124 Def/176 SDef can be used to balance out its bulk a bit.

Other entry hazard users you can consider are Froslass and Roserade because of their good defensive synergy with Snorlax:

Froslass:
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Pain Split
-Ice Beam
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/84 Def/176 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body

Roserade:
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest/Synthesis
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
I Decided to switch out Victini for Roserade and so far i have been on a good run on PS. I had tried to use froslass but it was just so frail and didn't flow well with the team. Thanks for the help :D
  #4    
Old August 10th, 2012 (04:01 PM). Edited August 10th, 2012 by Pokedra.
Pokedra's Avatar
Pokedra
Retired
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Places
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hi this looks like a very solid bulky offense team but there are ways we can improve it.

For starters test out 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe on Gligar @ Impish, this lets you outrun Adamant Honchkrow and Taunt it before it Subs (quite a threat to your team actually) and just in general the extra speed allows you to outspeed walls and get SR/Taunt them before they can do anything. Speaking of Taunt, try Taunt over U-Turn. Stopping your opponent settings up hazards is imo far more useful then switch and damage. Leave that to Choice users.

One thing to watch out for is CBFlygon, if they manage to take Bisharp down then CBOutrage is a major pain (not even Gligar takes them that well) however with correct prediction (eg. Gligar baits Outrage --> Bisharp) it can be beaten.

One last thing is, Sharpedo is very dangerous to this team. It'll outspeed everything on this team after a speed boost and late game most of your Pokemon will be worn down and that's when good Sharpedo players make their move.

It'll outspeed everything and here are some calcs.
Waterfall vs Gligar
372 Atk vs 508 Def & 334 HP (80 Base Power): 168 - 198 (50.30% - 59.28%) 2HKO guaranteed without rocks.
EQ vs Bisharp
372 Atk vs 236 Def & 271 HP (100 Base Power): 294 - 348 (108.49% - 128.41%) Clean OHKO
Waterfall vs Crobat
372 Atk vs 196 Def & 311 HP (80 Base Power): 211 - 250 (67.85% - 80.39%)

~50% chance to OHKO after SR

Crunch OHKO'es Mismagius, Waterfall 2HKO'es Snorlax and Crunch wrecks Roserade after SR. While your Pokemon are capable of taking hits from it, Sharpedo is only a late-game sweeper. Only when most of their Pokemon are down will they bring it out. To remedy this I suggest throwing CMSuicune over Mismagius.
CMSuicune performs like a slower, bulkier Mismagius and it'll cover your weaks well.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 56 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Sharpedo only manages a 3HKO with rocks on this I believe, giving you time to CM and Surf it which OHKO'es it after rocks and LO recoil iirc. A bulkier spread can be used if you want.

Good luck.
__________________
Competitive Battle Records
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
  #5    
Old August 10th, 2012 (10:10 PM).
Soar's Avatar
Soar
n00b
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
Hi this looks like a very solid bulky offense team but there are ways we can improve it.

For starters test out 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe on Gligar @ Impish, this lets you outrun Adamant Honchkrow and Taunt it before it Subs (quite a threat to your team actually) and just in general the extra speed allows you to outspeed walls and get SR/Taunt them before they can do anything. Speaking of Taunt, try Taunt over U-Turn. Stopping your opponent settings up hazards is imo far more useful then switch and damage. Leave that to Choice users.

One thing to watch out for is CBFlygon, if they manage to take Bisharp down then CBOutrage is a major pain (not even Gligar takes them that well) however with correct prediction (eg. Gligar baits Outrage --> Bisharp) it can be beaten.

One last thing is, Sharpedo is very dangerous to this team. It'll outspeed everything on this team after a speed boost and late game most of your Pokemon will be worn down and that's when good Sharpedo players make their move.

It'll outspeed everything and here are some calcs.
Waterfall vs Gligar
372 Atk vs 508 Def & 334 HP (80 Base Power): 168 - 198 (50.30% - 59.28%) 2HKO guaranteed without rocks.
EQ vs Bisharp
372 Atk vs 236 Def & 271 HP (100 Base Power): 294 - 348 (108.49% - 128.41%) Clean OHKO
Waterfall vs Crobat
372 Atk vs 196 Def & 311 HP (80 Base Power): 211 - 250 (67.85% - 80.39%)

~50% chance to OHKO after SR

Crunch OHKO'es Mismagius, Waterfall 2HKO'es Snorlax and Crunch wrecks Roserade after SR. While your Pokemon are capable of taking hits from it, Sharpedo is only a late-game sweeper. Only when most of their Pokemon are down will they bring it out. To remedy this I suggest throwing CMSuicune over Mismagius.
CMSuicune performs like a slower, bulkier Mismagius and it'll cover your weaks well.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 56 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Sharpedo only manages a 3HKO with rocks on this I believe, giving you time to CM and Surf it which OHKO'es it after rocks and LO recoil iirc. A bulkier spread can be used if you want.

Good luck.
I just want to start by saying thanks for the time you put into the post.

I changed my Gligar set (I never really used U-Turn anyway) It seems to be working really well!

I have not really run into a CBFlygon in PS, but i haven't been on in a few days so who knows, I have mainly (90%) of the time seen a CSFlygon set with Outrage or U-Turn and Bisharp takes them quite well. As it gives me chance to set-up my SD and get the free switch SD so his attack pretty much triples.

And Sharpedo is a big threat to my team. But if i have my full hazards up i take about 34% of his health out. I switch into Snorlax and whirlwind him out to clear the speed and take more health out when he comes back in.

Im new to battling so, if you dont mid me asking, how did you figure out the damage calcs because i would like to know how to do it.

And as for the Suicune set, im having trouble deciding over Surf and Scald. Im using surf now because it has a higher BP, but scald can get the burn. Any thoughts?

Sorry i took so long to reply, i was testing out this team.
  #6    
Old August 11th, 2012 (05:20 PM).
Pokedra's Avatar
Pokedra
Retired
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Places
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soar View Post
I just want to start by saying thanks for the time you put into the post.

I changed my Gligar set (I never really used U-Turn anyway) It seems to be working really well!

I have not really run into a CBFlygon in PS, but i haven't been on in a few days so who knows, I have mainly (90%) of the time seen a CSFlygon set with Outrage or U-Turn and Bisharp takes them quite well. As it gives me chance to set-up my SD and get the free switch SD so his attack pretty much triples.

And Sharpedo is a big threat to my team. But if i have my full hazards up i take about 34% of his health out. I switch into Snorlax and whirlwind him out to clear the speed and take more health out when he comes back in.

Im new to battling so, if you dont mid me asking, how did you figure out the damage calcs because i would like to know how to do it.

And as for the Suicune set, im having trouble deciding over Surf and Scald. Im using surf now because it has a higher BP, but scald can get the burn. Any thoughts?

Sorry i took so long to reply, i was testing out this team.
Good to hear.

Yes because people love the CS set which honestly is good but CB set is amazingly destructive and definitely the superior set imo. Anyways it can be beaten via prediction.

Unfortunately it's hard to get full hazards up against a decent player, SR + Spikes is enough. Snorlax takes 50-55% from STAB Crunch so it's not taking too many hits especially if they have hazards up hence why you need Suicune. With hazards Snorlax/Suicune you should be okay with Sharpedo.

I used Cherubi's Damage Calculator, Smogon's outdated or you can download one of the offline calculators.
http://cherubi.com/tools/calculators/damage/

Scald is probably better however Surf is going to net you more KO's, basically better chance to cripple something or better chance to KO. Your choice, both are good. No that's good, always test changes before posting. You'll improve a lot more that way =)
__________________
Competitive Battle Records
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
  #7    
Old August 11th, 2012 (07:39 PM).
Soar's Avatar
Soar
n00b
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
Good to hear.

Yes because people love the CS set which honestly is good but CB set is amazingly destructive and definitely the superior set imo. Anyways it can be beaten via prediction.

Unfortunately it's hard to get full hazards up against a decent player, SR + Spikes is enough. Snorlax takes 50-55% from STAB Crunch so it's not taking too many hits especially if they have hazards up hence why you need Suicune. With hazards Snorlax/Suicune you should be okay with Sharpedo.

I used Cherubi's Damage Calculator, Smogon's outdated or you can download one of the offline calculators.
http://cherubi.com/tools/calculators/damage/

Scald is probably better however Surf is going to net you more KO's, basically better chance to cripple something or better chance to KO. Your choice, both are good. No that's good, always test changes before posting. You'll improve a lot more that way =)
I stand corrected, I ran into 4 or 5 CBFlygons today. But i took your advice and bated the outrage with Gligar the switched into my Bisharp. Saved myself from a few sweeps.

As for Sharpedo, it is a pain in the butt
I was running tests with the changes on both teams, the team posted here is for PO and i use the suggested teams on PS, and on PO i was getting sweeped all day because i didnt have the suicune. On PS i stopped a few sweeps with Suicune.

Thanks for the damage calculator link

I have decided to run Surf, because it has a higher base power(and i like hard hitting moves)

So far i am Very pleased with these team. I am still open to suggestions though!
__________________

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.