Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?
Luxray 53 65.43%
Raichu 3 3.70%
Electivire 11 13.58%
Other (Please list) 14 17.28%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2012 (06:27 AM).
Rubix33
Beginning Trainer

Luxray, just because I love it, and it was like the first pokemon I encountered. Besides Bidoof

Challenges
None, Yet :D
Old August 11th, 2012 (06:59 AM).
Kip
I beg to differ!
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Probably going against every piece of advice there is about forming a team, I actually have two electric Pokémon on SoulSilver, Raichu (nicknamed Thunder) and Luxray (nicknamed Zaps). :D Both are levelled up to the mid-90's as are the rest of the team. My main goal is to reach Lv. 100 for all of them, which I think is a lot harder to do on HG/SS than it is in B/W with it's new EXP system and the higher leveled teams you can face.

I need to get plushies for the team actually - I already have the Umbreon and Raichu... trying to get the Luxray now.

[/ramble]

TwitterBlogWeb

Old August 12th, 2012 (10:38 PM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Luxray in Pearl, Jolteon in Platinum, and Ampharos in SS. Luxray doesn't get any really good physical Electric type moves, so it got hard to use in the later games. Jolteon's high Speed and Special Attack were awesome as usual, but Ampharos' low Speed proved to be a liability sometimes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old August 12th, 2012 (11:05 PM).
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
On my first play through of HeartGold my initial team didn't have one, but then I migrated my Electabuzz from FireRed and evolved that into Electivire during the Kanto part of the journey. In my most recent play through I used Ampharos.

I didn't use an Electric type in Pearl. I really need to play through that game again, but since it was my least favourite of the main series games I haven't had the motivation to.
Old August 18th, 2012 (09:31 PM).
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
Electivire all the way, because Electabuzz is one of my favourites, if I'm playing causally.

On the competitive side, I use Luxray quite often.
Old August 18th, 2012 (10:07 PM).
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Other: Jolteon. Jolteon is awesome.
Old August 22nd, 2012 (01:15 AM).
Whallan

In Pearl I didn't use an electric type, I had a Gengar with thunderbolt to cover for it.

In SS I currently have a Jolteon
Old August 22nd, 2012 (01:23 AM).
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

Nature: Quiet
My last run of diamond I used a Raichu. Used luxray during the first playthrough.
On my plat nuzlocke I'm using Magnezone.
HG is usually Ampharos <3 I'm currently using Lanturn on my current playthrough :3
Old August 22nd, 2012 (02:09 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

I used Ampharos on my team during the main story in SoulSilver, I boxed her afterwards but she helped me catch Suicune.
Old August 26th, 2012 (04:40 AM).
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I personally used Electrodein HG and none in Diamond.

White 2:
Old August 26th, 2012 (04:58 AM).
zephyr6257
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)

Electivire all the way, ftw! :3
Old August 26th, 2012 (08:54 PM).
TheLastAvenger
Beginning Trainer

I used Pachirisu in Diamond because everyone was using Luxray. Plus it's adorable.
Old August 27th, 2012 (09:27 AM).
Leviathan-666
Beginning Trainer

The shinx line, because they were avaliable very early in the game and Luxray has awesome attack so he was very useful in battles for me. Also I thought Luxray's design was really cool so I wanted one.
Old August 27th, 2012 (11:11 AM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
I've never been much of a fan of Electric type Pokemon. I've always found that they have rather limited movepools compared to the other types. That might just be my lack of experience with them, but I've yet to find an Electric type that I really like. Usually I find myself a Psychic type (or another Pokemon that can easily learn Electric type attacks) and teach it Thunderbolt.

I have, however, used both Electivire and Luxray at some point, but I suppose that when I've been playing Platinum that Magnezone has appeared on my team more often than the other two, so I'll have to choose Other this time around.

Ampharos found its way onto my team in SS multiple times, mostly because it's so easy to get in the early stages of the game, and right before a Flying type gym no less! Magneton and Lanturn appeared once or twice, but less so than Ampharos did. As I mentioned before though, a Kadabra with Thunderbolt was far more common than Ampharos ever was.
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:11 PM).
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
When I played Diamond my first time I used Luxray. On HeartGold I used Ampharos.
Old August 27th, 2012 (02:14 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I saw shinx in the anime and thought it was adorable so I picked it up the first time I played. I thought it was an electric/dark type all the way up until the elite four XD (it was my first playthrough of a pokemon game!)
Old August 27th, 2012 (02:29 PM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
I saw shinx in the anime and thought it was adorable so I picked it up the first time I played. I thought it was an electric/dark type all the way up until the elite four XD (it was my first playthrough of a pokemon game!)
I'll admit that I fell for this too.

It may only be their colour scheme, but it is definitely suited for a Dark/Electric type. I had realised this by the time that my Shinx had finally evolved into Luxray, but I was convinced that it was also a Dark type.
Old August 28th, 2012 (05:33 AM). Edited August 29th, 2012 by Mentalii.
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Like almost everyone, I used Luxray... I absolutely needed an electric-type Pokémon for my team, and cute little Shinx were everywhere around.

Old September 2nd, 2012 (01:33 PM).
thecritter
Beginning Trainer

I used Luxray in Pearl and am using Ampharos in SS (which I still haven't finished :c). I'd like to switch Ampharos out, but it's quite late in the game and I would have to train another one all over again. It's quite slow, really, and it doesn't have as large a movepool as I had hoped.
Old September 2nd, 2012 (02:47 PM).
Turbo_Dee

Nature: Naughty
When I'm going through games I like to use Pokemon I've never used before to fill in any voids in my team. So for DPPt, I used a Luxray and for HGSS I used Ampharos. They both have their good and bad points, and ultimately they fall behind my personal favourite, Jolteon. I've used quite a large number of electrics in the games, as I usually always take quite a fancy to them.

Good points for Luxray are his decent attack and he looks brilliant. Oh, and when we're not busy battling extremely weak and vulnerable wild pokemon, I like to take him out on walks near Mt. Coronet. Herbert, that's his name, likes to eat the yellow snow I leave behind and he's smashing at chasing after various thrown objects. Bad points are his lack of a decent electric physical move. Thunder fang looks good, and probably really hurts, but it's weak and diminishes in use as the game goes on. He also doesn't like it when I try to plug electrical appliances into him to charge. Come on, Herbert! We're stuck up a snowy mountain and my Poketch is dead. We both know he's capable, he just turns into a bit of a diva at these points and usually wanders off, ignoring my shouts and obscenities.

I mentioned Ampharos earlier, so good points. Well, he's an adorable sheep that's realised the dream of being able to function on only two legs. What an achievement for something so fluffy! Decent special attacks and moves to utilise this. Also incredibly useful for exploring and catching with thunder wave and flash. Even if I was a little disappointed after I yelled 'Use Flash!' the first time. Bad points are that he's slower than a week in jail. I mean, that is really slow. I don't mean one of those cushy detention centres either. I'm talking about 'soap heavy' jails. Ones with freakishly high hygiene standards and shower usage. He can't even play fetch.
Old September 4th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Electivire. Its still in my team, just cuz i found it so cool. IMO outclassed luxray, but i used luxray for story. found him kinda useless tho.... although, his design looked cool
Old September 4th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
Tora
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
I caught a Shinx as soon as I found one, mostly because I like Luxray's design and I was quite satisfied with it.
Old September 7th, 2012 (09:31 AM).
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i used raichu for most of it but once i got an arceus i gave him a zap plate i still keep that raichu around for non legendary battles

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old September 7th, 2012 (09:45 AM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Luxray, because Shinx is so gdfsdfoh adorable and it's available in the very beginning of the game.
Old September 7th, 2012 (10:49 AM).
Brendino
Thank you Marty!

Electric is one of those types that I rarely use in my games. I can't say as I ever remember using an Electric type while playing Platinum, and I only managed to train my Mareep into a Flaaffy before it got put in the PC around the 3rd Gym.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links