Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Persona 4 Arena [PS3/X360/Arcade]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old August 25th, 2012 (02:33 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Actually, if you're going to spring for an even half-decent data card (as in more than 8GB; BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND is 3.3GB, and many other good games are over a gig each), the total's gonna come out to about $340, P4G included.

On that very delicious premium edition, GAHHHHHH. I was honestly only aware of the Vita skin with matching wallpapers until now. But ONLY 10,000?! That's insane! Those would end up gone within two days at the absolute max!

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old August 26th, 2012 (08:39 AM).
I fell down some stairs

A 32G card is 100$, but I doubt the Vita won't get a price drop eventually. So far it's going the Dreamcast route.

What are the new additions for P4G anyway? New fanservices, new character, bikes and a new dungeon is all I heard.
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:28 PM).

New Social Links; new difficulties like Persona 3 Portable (instead of just Normal, Easy and Hard); new cutscenes; more Personas; new areas; Tag Team attacks (which take the place of Persona 3's fusion spells); a new mini-game; Trophies; in-game music players; and a new epilogue to the True Ending arc, among quite a few other features like being able to call for help over Wi-Fi when your party's in a critical state.

However, what stands out the most to me is the ability to choose which skills your Personas will inherit through fusion! No longer shall P3 and P4 players have to waste hours trying to get just the right inheritance combinations!

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:34 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
And on a lesser note, improved visuals and a new opening (though Pursuing My True Self will probably be there as the second opening, if FES was any indication). Really, it has all the makings of a remake, what with all they're adding, I'm unsure as to how its even possible for them to have made this a port, especially with the addition of the new character.
Old September 5th, 2012 (10:28 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
A 32G card is 100$, but I doubt the Vita won't get a price drop eventually. So far it's going the Dreamcast route.

What are the new additions for P4G anyway? New fanservices, new character, bikes and a new dungeon is all I heard.
Sony has said the Vita won't be getting a price drop any time soon, and I agree with them since the Vita is worth the money. Though the memory cards on the other hand might see a price drop(and I hope they do get one).
Old September 6th, 2012 (04:40 AM).
I fell down some stairs

Quote originally posted by Zet:
Sony has said the Vita won't be getting a price drop any time soon, and I agree with them since the Vita is worth the money. Though the memory cards on the other hand might see a price drop(and I hope they do get one).
I disagree, the Vita right now is a failure, whether you want to believe that or not. (only sold 2.2 million units. That is awful.) The hardware is great, but it doesn't make up for Sony's horrible support and the library. Why pay all that money for an unproven system when I can pay cheaper for a 3DS that is evidently going the path of the DS with its library, which is an amazing thing. Hell, even the 3DS ports are better than Vita's. MGS3 in 3DS has exclusive features and utilizes the touchscreen making it the definitive version of the game, whereas MGS3 on the Vita is just the same PS2 game. Even the game looks better on the 3DS with the 3D than the Vita, the only issue is the framerate. That's a different topic though.

Now about Persona-related things, I checked the Amazon UK page for Persona 4 Arena and it updated the release date to September 14th. I heard no real confirmation about this, but god it makes me hopeful. I really want to play the game already.
Old September 6th, 2012 (09:51 PM).

Spoiler:
The 3DS really jumped in sales thanks to the (frankly necessary) price drop. If it wasn't for that (and the advantage of being released before the holidays), it possibly wouldn't have had nearly as many sales as it does right now. $250 wasn't worth it when the Vita has so much more power, and just as much if not more potential at the same price. When you take these into account, 2.2mil seems like a good amount for the Vita.

On Persona, that'll be completely awesome if it turns out to be true! Not even two weeks away now, hopefully.

Old September 13th, 2012 (06:32 AM).
Anatolia's Ace

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
Now about Persona-related things, I checked the Amazon UK page for Persona 4 Arena and it updated the release date to September 14th. I heard no real confirmation about this, but god it makes me hopeful. I really want to play the game already.
Until Zen United says something directly to us about their crappy translation finally being finished, I'm calling BS on any said release dates being posted.

As far as Persona 4 Arena wise, I happen to main Yu.

OKIZEME GAME = GG

"You are trespassing on Line Ark territory. Pull back immediately...or we will respond with lethal force."
Got a Facebook? Come say hi!
Twitter is also welcome. Note: Probably more vulgar, NFSW, and Fighting Game related!

Old September 13th, 2012 (12:54 PM).
I fell down some stairs

Got Persona 4. Beat Shadow Kanji yesterday and right now I'm gathering information about Rise to get to the dungeon. Last time I enjoyed a JRPG that much was back when FFIVDS was out, but I used a walkthrough so playing a JRPG without one is a completely different experience.

I'm really LOVING the game though. Really enjoyable. Team is gonna be Kanji/Teddie/Naoto.Too bad Naoto sucks hard against bosses though, so I'll probably just use Yosuke for them, but it'll be too much of a hassle leveling him up just for bosses. =/ Oh well.
Oh yeah, it's hard too! Last hall in the Sauna gave me trouble with those shadows spamming Maragi/zio/bufu and getting a lot of extra turns for hitting a weakness, haha.
Quote originally posted by Slash Beast ∞:
Until Zen United says something directly to us about their crappy translation finally being finished, I'm calling BS on any said release dates being posted.

As far as Persona 4 Arena wise, I happen to main Yu.

OKIZEME GAME = GG
Yeah, probably won't see it until after October. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out tomorrow so at least it'll fill my desire for fighting games until it's out, whenever that is. Thing about Tekken is that I'm not willing to spend so many times with it anymore, now that I have boxing that I have to be concerned about, and I'm more focused on other games like Persona 4 and Metal Gear Solid HD. Eh, I really won't take the game seriously though, gonna play it for good fun. Hell, that's what got me into P4A in the first place.

Yu looks like a PERFECT character to start out with. I'm already decided on Teddie for a beginner character because of the fact he's got positive match ups against other high tiers, but I'm having second thoughts about him being easy. Honestly this game has so many characters I want to use, unlike Tekken Tag 2 where I'm only gonna use Steve/Alex lol.

Yu's okizame is MONSTEROUS though, holy ****. Freaking Izanagi LOL.
Old September 14th, 2012 (04:21 AM).
Anatolia's Ace

Nature: Bashful
Since a friend recently told me that my Yu can eventually become best in state, I take this game serious...but not AS such.

Naoto is BAD against bosses...and questionable on Regular enemies, compared to everyone else.

I used Yosuke, Teddie, and Yukiko. Infini-Coverage, plus 2 Healers, and Yosuke can buff. Best team there imo. Chie is good too, since she has that Physical going on, but for regular attacking, SHE ALWAYS MISSESSS

Yu is a good char to start with, but like Ryu, hard as HELLLL to master.
Teddie is good, and he's become high-tier as of late, but he's really good because of his normals.
But he's not that easy to play as much as Yu is.

"You are trespassing on Line Ark territory. Pull back immediately...or we will respond with lethal force."
Got a Facebook? Come say hi!
Twitter is also welcome. Note: Probably more vulgar, NFSW, and Fighting Game related!

Old September 19th, 2012 (03:43 PM).
Pokemon Breeder

This is actually a really fun game, I'm someone who is kinda new to fighters, I mean i've played Melthy Blood and Guilty Gear before but I was never very good at them. I've seeingly picked up Yukiko very easily and enjoy playing as her.
Old September 23rd, 2012 (02:07 PM).
I fell down some stairs

Just beat the final boss, normal ending one. Man the anime made him look so underwhelming, but fighting against him in the game (with that music no less) was such a great climactic experience. You know what pisses me off though? I couldn't maximize Naoto's social link. I've been trying to get Kanji's first since I only started social linking with him AFTER Mistuo's dungeon (didn't know I had to talk to that girl in the 2nd floor in school) so I didn't get the chance...Oh well, gonna try to get it on my NG+ and true ending playthrough.

Speaking of the true ending...I was kind of curious on what it is so I took a "peek" (if you will) on what it is, since I didn't want to play the whole game for something that could potentially end up stupid (COUGHNEWSUPERMARIOBROS2COUGH), and ended up spoiling it.
Now, generally, I hate spoilers, but I don't really regret it. (and they don't really ruin games for me to be honest.) Well I kind of do, but it got me so pumped to beat the game again and I'm not hesitant anymore. I also enjoyed the whole game knowing full well of what is gonna happen thanks to the anime, so it's not to say I won't enjoy the final dungeon either, so I guess it was for the better. Obviously I haven't spoiled the whole thing (don't even know the dungeon's design...or if there is one), so hopefully there will be surprises.

The game is great...last RPG game I enjoyed was Final Fantasy IV DS, so it's nice to see a game that showed me the things I liked about JRPGs. Team was still Teddie/Naoto/Kanji and haven't even used Yosuke once after getting Naoto, and I plan on using that team again for the new playthrough and P4G. They all work surprisingly well with each other too, and Naoto wasnt as completely useless as I thought. Mind Charge + Megidola(on) does so much damage, backed up by how hard Kanji hits bosses ended up dying fast. Don't think I even used the MC for attacking much lol.

PERSONA 4 ARENA RELATED THINGS: Lol possible 2013 release date....man life sucks. ;_;
Old October 4th, 2012 (10:40 AM).
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
There are too many things I want. Namely all the games you guys have been talking about. Except Persona 4. I already have that one. Though I still say P3: FES has the best ending. Even if it made me shed a manly tear or two.
Old October 4th, 2012 (11:36 AM).

Do you plan on getting Persona 4 Golden, MA?

Old October 4th, 2012 (10:09 PM).
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
Of course. I need to get a Vita first, though. I want to see Narukami and the others dressed in the Gekkoukan uniforms. I wish I had the money, but alas...college students are usually broke and I'm no exception.
Old October 4th, 2012 (10:57 PM).
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Absolutely... in need of someone to post a Let's Play of Elizabeth story mode *_____* She's too awesome and for whatever reason, I just can't find story modes of her uploaded.
Old October 6th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
I fell down some stairs

OK so I got the true ending just recently (which means I can finally beat Metal Gear Solid 2) and I ACTUALLY MAXIMIZED MY SOCIAL LINK WITH NAOTO AND OTHERS and I'm pretty pleased right now. Though screw the true final boss and summons to yomi, how the hell am I supposed to know when it 'll do World's End the first time against it? I died like twice from that until I got the pattern, a Persona with Enduring Soul and used Masukukaja only to learn that I just need to BLOCK to not get any status.

Luckily, the boss wasn't hard. But then again I had a pretty broken Persona line-up (Norn because who needs Trumpeter, Yoshi-tsune, Beelzebub, Ongyo-Ki, Attis, Kohryu and Alice.) The only thing that made the battle slow was setting up the buffs and debuffs, but it was all cool. Regardless though, it was fun, the game's great and I actually wouldn't mind playing it AGAIN (but I really need to finis MGS2 seriously), but I think I'll just wait for P4G.

Speaking of which, I'm getting a Vita on my birthday which is next month, so I'm gonna import the game. (Like hell I'd wait till March 2013 to get it) So in wait, I decided to look at the new things for the game without spoiling much or anything big. First was the costumes, since I wanted to plan ahead what my team (which will still and always will be Naoto/Teddie/Kanji) would wear. First one to check was Naoto, because OBVIOUSLY a girl detective who reads detective novels and is into those cool hard boiled detectives would OBVIOUSLY have a costume based on a CERTAIN popular detective because that's the OBVIOUS thing to do right? Because it's total common sense!
Hahahaha....OH HOLY SHE HAS BREASTS AND AN ASS

So while in disbelief and awe of what would be a stupid decision to cater to those freaky ass fans I decided to check the rest
swimsuit? out of character but wont really make sense for her to be the only character without one
maid? better but still out of character, but I dont mind it
skirt? HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG CUTE
POWER RANGER
casual outfit? I like it
FBI? Looks great
male cheerleader outfit? looks...surprisingly good
on and on till I get to this
ATLUS REDEEMED! Now that's real fanservice! Because OBVIOUSLY a guy who reads detective novel would OBVIOUSLY want his favorite character who is OBVIOUSLY a detective to wear an OBVIOUS reference to an OBVIOUS famous detective would OBVIOUSLY be something he'd love right? Hell yeah, best thing out of P4G so far. Almost makes up for that battle armor...thing...that reveals more than the swimsuit. Until I read that you unlock it after Magatsu Inaba....but at least there's also that badass "phantom thief" type costume.
Well team costume is gonna be Dojima MC (because he's a detective...you know?), sports gear Kanji, FBI human Teddie and Naoto Holmes. I also checked the new skillset for characters...They actually buffed Naoto! Ain't useless no more, in fact probably one of the best now. (EVERY kind of move, less MP cost and a move that makes you invincible.) And seeing Kanji actually getting Mediarama but not Yosuke is pretty hilarious. (Thank god they also gave Kanji power charge.) Oh and Rise is actually useful now. Teddie didn't get anything special. Still think Chie is the worst, but her exclusive move is probably the best if her MP isn't so low anyway.

So while I wait, I'mma play Persona 3 FES.

Sponsored Links