Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Punk Rock Fan Club!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 4th, 2005 (10:25 AM).
Chikara
d i g i d e s t i n e d

Nature: Brave
I have been recently addictid to punk rock and I have these CD's:

1. MxPx 'The Ever Passing Moment'
2. Avril Lavigne(Im not sure if its exactly punk...)...I get em all!
3. Linkin Park All of em!
4. Blink 182...I dunno which one it is. I got it burned...
Join if you are a punk that likes punk rock!
Old June 4th, 2005 (05:29 PM).
Eliana
The |R a m p a g e|

Send a message via AIM to Eliana Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eliana
O.O;
...No...Green Day..?
.___. Okay, *is going to help you out* XD I'm joining! XD

WE'RE TIRED OF LIES WE WANT THE TRUTH. [Turncoat]
[Sanity is not Statistical] --1984
No, I'm not back, I'm just laughing at the mediocrity of corrupted 'authority'. <3
Old June 5th, 2005 (07:50 AM).
Chikara
d i g i d e s t i n e d

thanx! no, i dont have Green Day...yet. Im gonna git it tho!
Old June 5th, 2005 (09:54 AM).
Eliana
The |R a m p a g e|

Send a message via AIM to Eliana Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eliana
I know! :3 I'll send you some!! You have AIM, correct? :3 I can send you songs ^.~

No, I'm not back, I'm just laughing at the mediocrity of corrupted 'authority'. <3
Old June 5th, 2005 (07:35 PM).
Lust
Ubersexual

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lust
I like punk rock a lot. Linkin Park is not punk.

l|Twins with Kyosuke|l
l|Banner and avatar by Kahoshi|l
Old June 6th, 2005 (06:52 AM).
Chikara
d i g i d e s t i n e d

i kno, i gotta start sorting my problems out...and yeah, i got aim. I sent u my name.
Old June 6th, 2005 (08:17 AM).
Eliana
The |R a m p a g e|

Well there's a lot of conflict concerning what is Punk and what isn't...o.o I mean a ton of people think Avril is just a wannabee....

Old June 6th, 2005 (11:25 AM).
Chikara
d i g i d e s t i n e d

she pretty much is, but i still like her songs...well, I like about 5 of her songs, but close enough. Linkin Park is like...punk/hard core, exept when they team up with J-Z. Then it sucks.
Old June 6th, 2005 (08:57 PM).
Lust
Ubersexual

xD. No, Linkin Park are not punk at all.

l|Twins with Kyosuke|l
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:03 PM).
Merzbau
it's just a ride.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Merzbau Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Merzbau
Linkin Park is...well, Linkin Park. There's not much genre-ing going on there. They're just themselves. XD

I'll join this club...being the music freak I am. o.o; Now all we need is a metalheads club. XD
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:05 PM).
Lust
Ubersexual

xD. Yeah, I don't know what to classify Linkin Park as.

l|Twins with Kyosuke|l
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:23 PM).
Merzbau
it's just a ride.

Send a message via AIM to Merzbau Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Merzbau
Linkin Park would be more along the lines of just...hard rock I guess. XD

But anyway...let's stay on topic, since we already established that LP isn't punk. XD

So...any one here going to Warped Tour? I really wanna go. ;; XD
My Chemical Romance, The Used, The Starting Line...they're all gonna be there. I really wish I could get a chance to go. XD
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:28 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Nature: Bold
I'll join, but...

1. MxPx 'The Ever Passing Moment' - not punk rock. Pop-punk.
2. Avril Lavigne(Im not sure if its exactly punk...)...I get em all! - Also pop-punk.
3. Linkin Park All of em! - Alt rock.
4. Blink 182...I dunno which one it is. I got it burned... - Pop-punk.

Punk rock is stuff like the Sex Pistols

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:28 PM).
Lust
Ubersexual

Quote originally posted by Eliana:
Well there's a lot of conflict concerning what is Punk and what isn't...o.o I mean a ton of people think Avril is just a wannabee....
xD. Yeah, I know. People critisize her because when she just became famous she dressed all punk and stuff and now she doesn't.

l|Twins with Kyosuke|l
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:29 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

*sigh* Punk. Is. Not. About. How. You. Dress. How many times do I have to say it? This is why I try to stay away from these "punk" threads~

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:32 PM).
Merzbau
it's just a ride.

Personally, after I look back at all the times I criticized people for being 'posers', I saw how wrong that really was. Who am I to judge if someone's a punk or not? If someone says they're a punk, they're a punk, by my standards. Avril, blink, EVEN BSB if they said it. If they think they're punk, that's their opinion and their state of mind. I don't have the right to take it away from them.

</rant mode>

Okay then. XD Well...Avril's alright. I used to like Complicated a while back, cuz it was on the radio so much, and I still like Nobody's Home to this day. It's a really cool song.
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:35 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Quote originally posted by P.K. Hammer:
Personally, after I look back at all the times I criticized people for being 'posers', I saw how wrong that really was. Who am I to judge if someone's a punk or not? If someone says they're a punk, they're a punk, by my standards. Avril, blink, EVEN BSB if they said it. If they think they're punk, that's their opinion and their state of mind. I don't have the right to take it away from them.

</rant mode>

Okay then. XD Well...Avril's alright. I used to like Complicated a while back, cuz it was on the radio so much, and I still like Nobody's Home to this day. It's a really cool song.
FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me! Punk is a way of thinking not a way of dress XD

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Old June 6th, 2005 (09:39 PM).
Lust
Ubersexual

Well, people think of punk in different ways and we have to respect other's opinions.

l|Twins with Kyosuke|l
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:41 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Exactly. So you can't just slag off someone for not being punk just because they dress differently~

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Old June 7th, 2005 (05:00 AM).
Eliana
The |R a m p a g e|

Meh I agree with you people XD
I mean, you CAN wear a stud belt and stuff but you really need the attitude and stuff XD

Old June 7th, 2005 (05:13 AM).
Chikara
d i g i d e s t i n e d

theres a girl at my school who says she went into hot topic and bought a Foamy the Squirrel shirt, and now she acts punk cause she waers it...EVERYDAY. And I agree with you guys, but we are getting a little off topic dontcha think?
Old June 7th, 2005 (07:11 AM).
Merzbau
it's just a ride.

Quote originally posted by Kasanai Tsumi:
theres a girl at my school who says she went into hot topic and bought a Foamy the Squirrel shirt, and now she acts punk cause she waers it...EVERYDAY. And I agree with you guys, but we are getting a little off topic dontcha think?
Hey, she can be punk if she wants to. Heh. Just let people live their life, they can do what they want. =P Btw, FOAMY RULES XD

Yeah, how about...we start up some actual punk music chat in he-a. XD

So...what's some bands you guys like?
Old June 7th, 2005 (10:38 AM).
Chikara
d i g i d e s t i n e d

Quote originally posted by P.K. Hammer:
Hey, she can be punk if she wants to. Heh. Just let people live their life, they can do what they want. =P Btw, FOAMY RULES XD

Yeah, how about...we start up some actual punk music chat in he-a. XD

So...what's some bands you guys like?
...well, she also dosnt act like it. For halloween, she was a fairy princess. Im not saying shes not alowed, Ive never said anything to her about it, I just hate poser.(seriously)

But on topic: I like MxPx. I got the CD from my older bro, so i dont even kno if they write songs anymore.
Old June 7th, 2005 (03:11 PM).
Lust
Ubersexual

I like Blink 182, Green Day, The Killers, Maroon 5 (punk?), etc.

l|Twins with Kyosuke|l
Old June 8th, 2005 (04:39 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

MXPX are definitely still putting out music.

LPM, the Killers and Maroon 5 are definitely not punk

Some of the punk, pop-punk, emo and hardcore bands I like are:

Something With Numbers
Kisschasy
In The Grey
Last Year's Hero
The Living End
Gyroscope
GOOD CHARLOTTE!!!!!
Blink 182
Simple Plan
Yellowcard
Dashboard Confessional
Taking Back Sunday
Brand New
Bowling for Soup
Busted
Sugarcult
Green Day
Coheed and Cambria
The Used
Funeral for a Friend
The Explosion
Unwritten Law
Silverstein
From First to Last
Matchbook Romance
Anti-Flag
My Chemical Romance
New Found Glory
After the Fall
Bad Religion
Day of Contempt
Sommerset
Fallout Boy
Lagwagon
Yidcore
Forza Liandri
The Matches
Alkaline Trio

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add more of my favourites later~

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links