The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 20th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I like the creativity and use of the distortion world, but whats wrong with chimchar

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old January 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Nature: Relaxed
Screenshot was taken right in the middle of one of his battling animations.

Glad you like it, the Distortion World is going to be playing a huge part in the game.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Credit to LostSoulsDev - One of the best additions to the game ever :D

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:13 AM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
You mean carmaniac for the bubble message?
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Saving Raven

I really recomend turning the player's hat backwards, when hes talking to someone or facing something it goes over the person or object. I say backwards because all you would need to do is flip it which is very easy to do

Old January 21st, 2013, 03:35 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
You mean carmaniac for the bubble message?
LostSoulDev and carmaniac are the same person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I really recomend turning the player's hat backwards, when hes talking to someone or facing something it goes over the person or object. I say backwards because all you would need to do is flip it which is very easy to do
It's due to style clash.
HGSS overworlds are shorter than BW ones.
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
It's due to style clash.
HGSS overworlds are shorter than BW ones.
I doubt he would re-sprite either b/w or HG/SS overworlds to match, turning the hat would add a subtle uniqueness as well as make the problem between the sprites not so blatant. I just think it would be a nice idea

Old January 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Is this maybe what you were talking about?

Edit: Updated the OP with new screens, updated story, progress update, features update, and more.
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Your game sure does look good. I hope everything turns out good for you and your fangame. I also saw that it have a lot of progress. Shouldn't it be posted in The Showcase when Beta 2 comes out? I didn't see the 2nd rival in your OP, maybe you skipped him out. And isn't 6 rivals a bit too much? I hope you're not working on many episodes at the same time. I suggest you working on one episode then the other because when you work on all 4 games at once it will drains all of your time even if you have a lot of team members. But if you have squads of team members, one for each game, it'll be good. Good luck!

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old January 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
when is Beta 2 gonna be out? this looks good! i love how you put Xerneas and Yvetal in there. Xerneas is just plain AWESOME. did you put the X and Y starters in the game? besides Chespin, i mean.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:33 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Actually no, Xerneas and Yveltal have a huge role in True Gale 2, but Yveltal doesn't appear until the very end of the game, the last event before the credits.

It's possible to use all 3 X and Y starters but only if you complete certain quests that have to do with them.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Been working on this for a while, finally found a way to mimic the intro scene of BW, with my own take on it.
Everything for the demo is complete, only thing I need to do is fix a problem with the VS Sequence.

Beta Testers reported back already, the game is about 4-5 hours long.

Edit: Should have just put up a gif version so you could actually see the intro scene in action .___.

Screen for your eyes

Last edited by nuzamaki90; February 3rd, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Ayutac
Developer who wants your help

Quote:
the evil Team Zexal
I never trusted those

Quote:
Your older brother is Jaden Knight
I guess he is... *puts on sunglasses* absolutely flawless! YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH
But for real, what's with these YGO-References?
Quote:
Q: Are you a Sonic and Yu-Gi-Oh fan? [...]
A: Of course! [...]
Nevermind.

Does the "Knight of the" title give any limitations to the usable Pokemon?

Well, I can't offer much critic this time, everything seems legit. But I wonder what the goal of the two evil teams even is? Maybe I can find some plotholes there? What is the Gate of Time & Space even? Disortion world?
Maybe my questions will be answered when I play the game (demo) (then just say so), but due to my upcoming exams this will have to wait. But I'll monitor this thread.

By the way, could you extend your credits to what the different people have actually done/contributed?
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Sure thing, the credits list will actually be updated the day the demo comes out because I'm still working on finishing on the list of contributions people have made.

The "Knight of The" title doesn't affect any Pokemon limitations but what it does do is give you popularity, a feature I put in after watching Luka S.J/s videos and studying Ruby, whereas the more you win battles with your "Knight" title, the more certain Pokemon (legendaries, especially roaming) and trainers will come to challenge you.

Gate of Time & Space is a door in an alternate dimension that the Pixel fairies (Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie guard) in order to make sure the Distortion World and the real world don't collide, which can cause destruction.

Got the idea after learning more about Galaxy collision. Glad you're interested, the game is very story driven I must warn, because I always thought character interaction in a game was a plus.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:35 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Well look at what we have here...

It's a bird...it's a game...NO...well...I mean yeah! IT'S TIME FOR TG'S DEMO RELEASE

After being hard at work, all by myself, for a period of 7 months, I'v finally completed and happily ready to release Pokemon True Gale - Demo 2.0

Cool thing about this demo is that it's a first look at all the new features in-game. Let's check out what's gonna be inside.
  • Pokemon World Tournament
  • Quests + Who's That Pokemon!
  • 3 Gyms!
  • 3-4 Hours of Gameplay!
  • Random Matchup Competition!
  • New Music!
  • Sage Tournaments!
  • Updated HUD!
  • And lot's more, but you gotta play it to see!

Credits list will be updated frequently as I continue to search for the users who allowed me to use their resources in game. If you find anyone's resources in-game that I haven't credited, please message me so I can add them.

One last thing, Although I love fan-projects and what not, I'd really appreciate it if no one decides to take stuff from the game and use it however they please, I'v worked too hard and too long to have my work stolen. Thanks.

Here you go: http://www.4shared.com/rar/RHgGpLjI/...True_Gale.html
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Dradier234

Awesome. Finally a new release. After I finish my mini hack, I'll definitely play yours. Hilberts hair looks a little cut off though.
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
Awesome. Finally a new release. After I finish my mini hack, I'll definitely play yours. Hilberts hair looks a little cut off though.
I would like to clarify this is not a hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
Well look at what we have here...

It's a bird...it's a game...NO...well...I mean yeah! IT'S TIME FOR TG'S DEMO RELEASE
That sounds awesome! good for you, but I will not be downloading it as I do not want to sign up for websites like that. There are better sites you could have used, like Mediafire. Still, congratulations, I hope it gets positive reviews!

Old February 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Quote:
I would like to clarify this is not a hack.

That sounds awesome! good for you, but I will not be downloading it as I do not want to sign up for websites like that. There are better sites you could have used, like Mediafire. Still, congratulations, I hope it gets positive reviews!
Edit: Going to update the download link with Dropbox.

Also, Mediafire has a upload limit of 200MB for free accounts, and since I don't have premium, I can't upload it onto Mediafire.

Thanks a lot though, I hope it get's positive reviews as well.
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Dradier234

Quote:
I would like to clarify this is not a hack
Uh, I know, I meant after I finish making my hack....
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:29 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Back in business, plain and simple!

Credits to Riansky for the awesome tree tiles

Old March 31st, 2013, 10:30 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Quick Update

The laptop that I used in order to develop True Gale has lived on it's final battery life a few days ago and now I have to find a way to get all my resources off of it and onto my new gaming computer. Until then, development for TG is going to take a pause while I get everything back in order.

I had a bunch of new screenshots to show off but since I currently don't have them, I'll just leave you guys with the current version of Neo City, home to the Pokemon World Tournament, Trading Card Shop, and Neo City Gym, Gym Leaders being Frontier Brains, Dahlia & Lucy

Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
Wow, this is very impressive. I hope you get your files recovered quickly. Also, if you're looking for help with mapping and spriting, inbox me. My credentials are the former game Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back which was originally a Fire Red hack that moved to RPG Maker XP on Pokemon Essentials, but I had no team and eventually the same thing happened to me... my computer died, but I had no way of recovering the files so all was lost. It's best to have a solid team when taking on a project like that.

Check out my (new) deviantart. There's not a lot up right now, but you may like what you see potentially. I specialize in trainer sprites and overworlds.
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Teaser for something that's coming...And it's not what you think...

WIP: The text box, font, and building overworlds reflect nothing on the actual product, just something I'v been keeping that I think I can finally reveal. Overworld tiles and actual map design are completely different

Back on track, with a new laptop and everything restored. True Gale is reborn!
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post

Teaser for something that's coming...And it's not what you think...

WIP: The text box, font, and building overworlds reflect nothing on the actual product, just something I'v been keeping that I think I can finally reveal. Overworld tiles and actual map design are completely different

Back on track, with a new laptop and everything restored. True Gale is reborn!
It's good to see this game back but as with the first set of screenshots you posted some of the stuff in this one is horribly resized. I can offer help because it is an easy fix but other than that I hope the best of this game because its plot and story are very interesting.
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Riansky
Purr

Wow, this don't seem to look alright. Everything its waay too resized, and normaly you don't use paths like that. The tiles are all messed up really. I hope you can somehow fix that, If you need help with mapping, I'd be glad do help you out.

Sponsored Links