The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game > TCG Deck Reviewing

Notices

TCG Deck Reviewing List cards of your card decks here to get them rated!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Hey everyone!

I really have high hopes for this deck, because I heard somewhere it won Japan's Nationals last season. I did make this deck completely on my own, so I'm assuming its not the best. Anyway, here goes:

Pokémon: 16
2 Deino DXE 94
1 Deino DXE 93
1 Deino NV 77
1 Zweilous DXE 95
1 Zweilous NV 78
4 Hydreigon DXE 97
(((4-2-4 Line)))
3 Darkrai-EX DE 63
2 Sableye DE 62
1 Sigilyph DXE 52

T/S: 33
4 Dark Patch
2 Eviolite
1 Heavy Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Max Potion
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Random Receiver
3 Rare Candy
2 Ultra Ball
3 Bianca
4 N
4 Juniper

Energy: 11
8 Darkness
3 Blend

Strategy:

I should have this in play every time: 2 Sableye, 2 Darkrai, 2 Hydreigon or minus one Sableye with Sigilyph. All should have necessary energy thanks to Hydreigons ability. Attack with a different Darkai every turn to equalize damage, Max Potioning when needed. Use Sableye every so often to get your Trainers back when you need them. Blend Energy should go onto Sigilyph or Hydreigon, so they can deal massive damage against a mewtwo, sigilyph or dragon type.
Old August 17th, 2012, 03:09 AM
camoclone
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]You might want to play 1 emolga[/SIZE]
Old August 17th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Here's my suggestions:
-Catcher: Run 4. Even with Sableye, there's no reason to not run 4.
-Max Potion: Run 4. The thing that makes these energy-moving decks so annoying is that healing a pokemon can set your opponent back far enough for them to lose the advantage, and even the game.
-Heavy Ball: This limits searches to specific pokemon. Ultra ball is just more effective for this build.
-Eviolite: With Tool Scrapper out, running 4 of these isn't a bad idea.

-Blend GRPD: Run 4. Might not seem like such a big deal, but if Hydreigon is your last line of defense you want an attack ready. Or Sigilyph for that matter.

-Darkrai EX: Run 4. These things are extremely difficult to KO. The more the merrier.
-Deino/Zweilous: Only run the Dark-Typed ones from Noble Victories. They can make use of dark patch and they don't get OHKO'd by Garchomp/Rayquaza.

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497

Last edited by Tanaki; August 17th, 2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Noble Victories!!
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

but dont forget about terrakion. he can and will OHKO any dark type he wants. and a fourth darkrai? its not really necessary, but okay...

and you say i need to run all this, but what do i take out?
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxorus3465 View Post
but dont forget about terrakion. he can and will OHKO any dark type he wants. and a fourth darkrai? its not really necessary, but okay...

and you say i need to run all this, but what do i take out?
Terrakion doesn't always have the automatic OHKO on darks. You have to figure on Darkrai, there are a lot of variables that determine whether the KO is successful:
1. Whether or not Darkrai has Eviolite matters. This forces the Terrakion user to play Tool Scrapper or Pluspower, which aren't fitting into a lot of decks as more than techs due to space constraints.
2. Terrakion can only effectively use Retaliate if one of the controller's pokemon was KO'd the previous turn, or it needs the setup for Land Crush.
3. Terrakion is a tech in most decks, and it's very possible that the controller will fail to get the energy and Terrakion can't attack period.
4. Terrakion's retreat cost is abysmal. You can easily Catcher it to active and neutralize it in 2 turns.

Terrakion techs are going to be annoying, but if you hit against a Garchomp deck it's gonna hit you hard.

As for what to take out: Here's my suggestions:

-3 DXE Deino
-DXE Zweilous
-1 Hydreigon
-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Bianca
-1 N

+2 NV Deino
+1 NV Zweilous
+1 Catcher
+1Ultra ball
+1 Max Potion
+1 Eviolite

(-1 Sigilyph; it's a lot better in Gothitelle since it can't be circumvented via catcher)

Old August 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Well, I really don't want to touch the Pokémon lines. And less than 10 supporters loses the deck's consistency, especially with only a 3-1-3 line of hydreigon. This deck overall isn't very consistent, no matter what variant you play. So unfortunately, I could only take out a Heavy Ball for a Max Potion because Max Potion serves one of the biggest parts in this deck.
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:28 AM
camoclone
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Add shaymin to counter terrakion[/SIZE]
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Hm... maybe. I'm just not too happy about Shaymin because it gets KO'd so freaking easily. ...Oh, hey. What about Tornadus-EX? I think it might work in this deck.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:06 AM
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxorus3465 View Post
Hm... maybe. I'm just not too happy about Shaymin because it gets KO'd so freaking easily. ...Oh, hey. What about Tornadus-EX? I think it might work in this deck.
Unless you're unfortunate enough to start with Shaymin, you probably won't play it down unless you're taking prize losses and you play it late-game. It's just one of those cards that doesn't have a whole lot of point early game, but the card itself has a major psyche out factor, especially if your opponent has 3 prizes left and an EX in play.

It makes them think more carefully, or overthink it, and it can cause them to misplay and lose the game. It's easy enough to KO, but they might not have a way to guarantee a knockout, or focusing the attack on Shaymin may leave them open to another attack.

And Tornadus doesn't sound like a great idea, since that card is only useful for the donk, which would require you to play a stadium which your deck has no space for. And yes, it would counter Terrakion, but so would Shaymin.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Hmm... okay. maybe my list could look something like this?

3 Darkrai EX
3 Hydreigon
1 Zweilous NV
3 Deino NV
1 Shaymin EX
2 Sableye

4 Professor Juniper
3 N
3 Bianca/Cheren
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Random Receiver
3 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
4 Dark Patch
2 Eviolite
1 Dark Claw
4 Ultra Ball
1 Heavy Ball

1 Prism Energy
3 Blend Energy GRPD
8 Darkness

idk abt bianca or cheren. which should i choose over the other? Sometimes I have to force myself to burn cards just so I can get more drawup with Bianca, but with Cheren I always somehow have a small hand, making me wish I had Bianca at the moment. Maybe 2 Cheren and 1 Bianca?
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

2 Cheren, 1 Bianca sounds good, actually. Cheren is more of a consistent, guaranteed quantity anyway.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here