Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Hey, I found a couple errors in the latest version, I don't know if this has already came up.
I couldn't see Growlithe or Samuels Pokémon in the first battle, after I finished that event, the game froze.
http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
Join Here
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
Hey, I found a couple errors in the latest version, I don't know if this has already came up.
I couldn't see Growlithe or Samuels Pokémon in the first battle, after I finished that event, the game froze.
yeah, I'm working on a new pokedex, and am trying to re-organize it, but it would have taken way too long, so its being worked on right now, but the game froze? thats weird, it never does that for me... I'll look into it, thanks for letting me know

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Gusano2314
Worm Launcher :U

This is a nice game, those evee-type evolutions makes me play this.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Okay the game works now. Dude, this game is awesome!! I just downloaded it today!! I will certainly follow this game and any updates. You have some spelling errors though...
http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
Join Here
Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:28 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
Okay the game works now. Dude, this game is awesome!! I just downloaded it today!! I will certainly follow this game and any updates. You have some spelling errors though...
I'm glad your enjoying it and that its working now! and that mostly because I type without really paying attention >.< if you could let me know then I'll fix them right away! ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano2314 View Post
This is a nice game, those evee-type evolutions makes me play this.
I'm glad you like it! I liked the idea too, but there will be much more to enjoy as I continue with my game.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
ShadowWarrior
The Darkness to your Shadow

Nature: Impish
This is so awsome! so glad i tried it out :D

Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
This is so awsome! so glad i tried it out :D
thanks for the support! I'm glad you like it!

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Ambushwhack

I'm enjoying it so far, but I think I found an error: I had the grass-type Growlithe evolution evolve into Ivysaur at level 17 (or was it 19?). maybe earlier. It leveled up a couple times during the first Gym battle. I've since reset the game a few times to try out different starters. In the latest run, I got to Stannum City and traded a Rattata for a Scyther. ...Except I still have a Rattata and no Scyther. I've also yet to see Samuel Oak. Currently stuck, unable to get past any point without Cut. But looking through some screenshots from page 1, it looks like some events only happen at night? (The "Is someone screaming in there?" image). I'll go back to it later in case I missed something.
I'm currently teaching myself about ROM hacking to make my first hack. It stars a lab aide whose professor was kidnapped to help make Mewtwo. The same team also wants the aide's Kabuto(ps) to upgrade into a Genesect. Dark Fakemon evolutions and hybrids will also play a central role to the villainous Team Helix. Currently I'm fairly confident with YAPE and AdvanceMap. In a few weeks I'm likely to start putting a team together. I suck at spriting, and I can't understand the scripting tutorials.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambushwhack View Post
I'm enjoying it so far, but I think I found an error: I had the grass-type Growlithe evolution evolve into Ivysaur at level 17 (or was it 19?). maybe earlier. It leveled up a couple times during the first Gym battle. I've since reset the game a few times to try out different starters. In the latest run, I got to Stannum City and traded a Rattata for a Scyther. ...Except I still have a Rattata and no Scyther. I've also yet to see Samuel Oak. Currently stuck, unable to get past any point without Cut. But looking through some screenshots from page 1, it looks like some events only happen at night? (The "Is someone screaming in there?" image). I'll go back to it later in case I missed something.
they should be able to happen at any time, i'm assuming you reached road 4, you should try checking every building and talking to a lot of people
i think all the cut events are working though
as for the trading thing, I think its a messed up script i read about one time >.< I'll look into that though (at least you didnt trade anything too valuable or rare!)
as for the grass evolution, thats ridiculous, it must be because of my stupidity making the pokemon....when I finish the pokedex I'll make sure everything works fine though, I'm sorry for the unexpected turnout... >.<
you havent seen sam yet? thats strange have you started a new game? it might be a little glitchy since i added a few things that you need to have come from your home town, but it should have worked.
Anyway, thanks for trying it out, and I hope you still enjoy yourself!

As for an update, It may take a while, maybe even some time in april (>.<) before I get a new update out, I want everything to be perfect for you guys, and especially new time players! I'll have all my events tested, and a compelted re-arranged and working pokedex, as well as completely funtional gyms! and the second part of the story at least started (that means a cave maze, a town, a continued cave, and the outskirts of a few towns yet to come)

======
Update: Download
======
Last update for a while, guys; here is the improved version, but some of the problems encountered I have to look into, they weren't what i thought they were, and all that junk and its too much to do right now, but at least this has the VS sequence I wanted with the player and the rival! so enjoy~

Last edited by Saving Raven; February 24th, 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: New Download
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Ambushwhack

Ok, so I downloaded the update (did 3.0 really just come out? I was playing 2.5). I had to start a new game because the update glitched my save file (I was inside my house when I last saved, and it set off the dad's exclamation point but the event was already done and I just couldn't move). So new game looked ok, but it glitched after battling Sam. He took a step to the side like he was going to run down, but then he froze and I couldn't move, hit start, or anything.
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Ok, so I downloaded the update (did 3.0 really just come out? I was playing 2.5). I had to start a new game because the update glitched my save file (I was inside my house when I last saved, and it set off the dad's exclamation point but the event was already done and I just couldn't move). So new game looked ok, but it glitched after battling Sam. He took a step to the side like he was going to run down, but then he froze and I couldn't move, hit start, or anything.
not officially, it's a preview of whats to come (and it looks like it came out too soon)
sorry for you having to start over D: but thats to be expected...
[this is for everyone]
until I can figure out a way to update the game with stuff like this, and not have you guys losing your precious data, if you PM me with a list of no more than 6 pokemon you caught, I'll work out something in-game to let you guys retrieve them

as for your sam glitch, I've foolishly tested one of the scripts and expected the rest to follow suit, if you leave town being on the second tile away from the trees on the left side it should work as intended (but hey, its a beta V3, glitches are to be expected, but I'm really sorry >.<)

Old February 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Ambushwhack

Yup, moving left fixed the Samuel Oak glitch. I've found another bug though: I can't evolve my Growlithe! I've tried both Ice Shard and Moon Stone, and I've tried using it immediately, talking to everyone in the lab, and leaving the lab entirely before using it. Every time, my computer pops up an error message and forces the game to close. Seeing as I only had a couple minutes of gameplay, I'll try restarting again.

EDIT:

Still got the problem in the new game (with a Fearow). It reads:

Script 'PokemonEvolution line 416: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'width' for nil:NilClass
I'm currently teaching myself about ROM hacking to make my first hack. It stars a lab aide whose professor was kidnapped to help make Mewtwo. The same team also wants the aide's Kabuto(ps) to upgrade into a Genesect. Dark Fakemon evolutions and hybrids will also play a central role to the villainous Team Helix. Currently I'm fairly confident with YAPE and AdvanceMap. In a few weeks I'm likely to start putting a team together. I suck at spriting, and I can't understand the scripting tutorials.

Last edited by Ambushwhack; February 25th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Yup, moving left fixed the Samuel Oak glitch. I've found another bug though: I can't evolve my Growlithe! I've tried both Ice Shard and Moon Stone, and I've tried using it immediately, talking to everyone in the lab, and leaving the lab entirely before using it. Every time, my computer pops up an error message and forces the game to close. Seeing as I only had a couple minutes of gameplay, I'll try restarting again.

EDIT:

Still got the problem in the new game (with a Fearow). It reads:

Script 'PokemonEvolution line 416: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'width' for nil:NilClass
well thats just terrible D: it must be because I went around messing with the pokedex...I might either decide against making a new pokedex or do something else, but I'll look into it later today! I'm sorry for all the trouble D:

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:50 PM
Saving Raven

UPDATE
Fixed many major bugs that occurred in my game, (the sam battle, and the pokedex stuff[for now] and the evolution stuff)
If you see any other bugs please don't hesitate to mention them!

[DOWNLOAD]

Cast your Opinions!!
[PRESENT]
Here are 2 options for the current graphics, the left is currently what it is, the right is what it could be, keep in mind this would be the "present" timeline graphics, it would then become HG/SS graphics in the future, and GEN2 graphics in the past

[FUTURE]
The left is the current graphics, and the right is what the future graphics could be; keep in mind that when you go to the future the graphics would be changed to either 1 or 2

Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

I lie the game so far even though I just started battling sam :p though i have to ask if there is a speed up button like by pressing shift, everything speeds up 10 fold
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by MajorLeagueGamer; March 2nd, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
I lie the game so far even though I just started battling sam :p though i have to ask if there is a speed up button like by pressing shift, everything speeds up 10 fold
you start the game with the running shoes, or w/e they're called, its all a bundle of equipment your mom gives you, that and the pokegear; just hold down shift - along with that you can change outfits if you feel so inclined

Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

What lvl should growlithe be evolved?
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
StormVentus

I might just end up trying the game.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
What lvl should growlithe be evolved?
I haven't changed growlithe's moves and such so the later you evolve him the more fire type moves you can give any of the other non-fire type pokemon, its really up to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormVentus View Post
I might just end up trying the game.
If you do I hope you enjoy it! theres more to come

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:48 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

Oh dear, I just notice, you've completely removed Spearow and replaced Arcanine. Why would you do that? I like my own game better than this one.
Pokemon Virus Lavender has been delayed to include Generation VI Pokémon. Download the Pokemon Virus Lavender Developer's Kit today.

Former Creator of Pokémon Pear Blue and Pokemon Chocolate Green. Coming soon, Pokemon Virus Lavender. To be made in RMXP Pokemon Essentials v12.

Also the founder of "Project Pokemon Advantage Cream".
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
Oh dear, I just notice, you've completely removed Spearow and replaced Arcanine. Why would you do that? I like my own game better than this one.
I'm sorry if I'm out of line but that is quite a rude thing to say. You can have your opinion but you shouldn't go around talking about how your game is better.

Anyway, nice update. Playing now
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
I've been mulling it over for a long time and have thought of many possible sceanarios and ways to work around that, or possibly just bunk it entirely; however I must be blunt and say you are wrong; What I have technically done has removed fearow and growlithe
you could also say Arcanine, but thats also in my own mix of things to deal with... but back to the point; Growlithe and fearow have been removed, because they are no longer associated with their original evolutions currently; while growlithe has been overhaulled entirely

one idea is make the evolutionary pokemon unchangable forms of the originals, while still keeping the originals intact; another would be making these evolutionary pokemon completely different pokemon entirely but that seems too drastic a change for my liking

to address the reason as to why, it all has to deal with the fact there are entirely too many legendary pokemon and i like the idea of more evolution pokemon; that is a nice twist of the normal plot that has not been very explained or examined or even taken into much thought of.

Finally, I have seen your games and while they show ambition and potential, to claim they are better than another is entirely opinionated, unrelated to anything going on, and quite rude. To measure the quality of your games to mine seems almost useless when all you have to back it up is a mere statement saying so without saying "your game is bad because...x,y,z; while mine is better because...x,y,z" To give no reason or criticism even is rude, unneeded and considered spam.

*EDIT* I would also like to point out that as a revolutionary idea I envisioned the ability to catch every pokemon, all 649 of them; as the months went on, more and more people envisioned a similar idea, but mine is being put into place currently; furthermore, to push the envelope even more I also envisioned an ever updating game (as doing so just requires dedication, simply; and with each update is every pokemon that should be introduced later on. I noticed you had started to do so, making every 649 pokemon available, but the graphics are.....adequate to be very generous; regardless, I wish you luck with your game, and hope there are no hard feelings and I also hope I have answered your questions with my game! ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
nice update. Playing now
Thank you! I hope everything goes well, remember if you see anything bad, a glitch, or have a suggestion you are welcome to post it! Enjoy what I have so far.

Last edited by Saving Raven; March 2nd, 2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: in addition
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Saving Raven

As for an update, I'm once again getting picky as **** and decided to change the graphics, a major graphic overhaul! I'm planning on mixing a few Gen$ graphics into a mainly Gen3 Graphic base - so, trees and mountains and a few other things (so far) will be changed to more aesthetically pleasing things, while most of the other graphics are mainly gen 3, so it should add some flair while you play, but should still look natural
I've seen this work very well in a lot of games, and even in some rom hacks, and it still looks nice, so I'll see what happens

well look what I have done~
showing off the trees: whooooooo

Showing off mountain stuff: whoooooo

Last edited by Saving Raven; March 5th, 2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: my progress!
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:19 AM
XxITomxX
Unova Champ

Nature: Relaxed
gonna download the new version but still one thing, i gotta ask can ya still kill (or wake up) the snorlax.

EDIT: I am back from days/months of vacation of sleep

EDIT EDIT*: i couldnt see the pokemon on the new version so i went back to using v 2.5 and got a blastoise instead of a growlithe in my party its either a script error or just a cool glitch

Last edited by XxITomxX; March 7th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxITomxX View Post
gonna download the new version but still one thing, i gotta ask can ya still kill (or wake up) the snorlax.

EDIT: I am back from days/months of vacation of sleep

EDIT EDIT*: i couldnt see the pokemon on the new version so i went back to using v 2.5 and got a blastoise instead of a growlithe in my party its either a script error or just a cool glitch
welcome back, sadly no, but I'll see what i can do hahaha
I was working with the pokedex and was stupid, but i have someone working on it, so everything should be fine, but are you sure the latest one (the latest post with a demo) in't showing the pokemon? I'm almost certain it is fine

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here