The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

Nature: Quirky
Omg, I loved the Digimon World series! (1 and 2 and 3, I think 4 was released on the PS2 and I didn't like it as much as the first three :/) Also, the first three Spyro games. Spyro the Dragon was actually one of the first games I ever played, along with DK64 for the N64. /nostalgia

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old September 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
.MiKeY
Rabid Knight

Nature: Calm
Final fantasy IX easily.
Even though it was originally made for the Sega then remade to PSX, the Langrisser series, God those games are sooo good.
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
maryquitecontrary
Unhatched Egg

Definitely Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon.
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Spyro the Dragon for me, I loved the music and it's such a classic.

The Crash Bandicoot and Tekken games also entertained me a lot.

Last edited by Hikamaru; November 8th, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Adding stuff
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Penta Penguin
U Boj! U Boj!

Need I say more? Crash Team Racing is definitely the best playstation game I have played. The Spyro the Dragon series comes in a close second.

Arkanoid
: The lost levels compact - 40% done
~Youtube~
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonskarmory View Post
Digimon World 3 is the best RPG I have played on PlayStation 1.
Digimon World 3 was sooooo good. Everything about that game was just so awesome, especially the pseudo-isometric graphical style. Being in the digital world, having those card battles, exploring the cities... man, that was so much fun.

+1 props to you. 8) Good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
Best PS1 game? That's a hard one. For me, the PS1 had one of the best libraries of all time. So I'd say it was Legend of Dragoon. It had an innovative battle system, not to mention a quite good story, alongside awesome music. I fail to see why this game has never had any sequels, prequels(there is a lot of potential for a LoD prequel) or even spin-offs.
YES! I was going to post this!! :D Legend of Dragoon is soooo underrated. I loved that game so much. The music and the storyline were so emotional, I still think back to it sometimes. It was revolutionary at the time, and it was SO LONG. Four disks. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
PS1 had so many great games, For me Digimon World 1 and 3 where great games. Still play them now and Digimon World 1... So hard to get anything past champion level it was a great achievement.

Dino Crisis to gets a mention aswell. Still have my copy of both these games but my ps1 has unfortunately broken so I can't play them. but game was great.
Digimon World 1 and 3 were excellent. Do you remember numbe 2? XD; It was so god-awful. Let's pretend it never happened, lol.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Rain View Post
Omg, I loved the Digimon World series! (1 and 2 and 3, I think 4 was released on the PS2 and I didn't like it as much as the first three :/) Also, the first three Spyro games. Spyro the Dragon was actually one of the first games I ever played, along with DK64 for the N64. /nostalgia
Yes, definitely the first 3 Spyro games! The 3rd was best! I also loved Digimon World 3! Ahh, all those good times spent with my Beelzemon and Imperialdramon PM :D

But also, I think Vagrant Story was an absolutely amazing game! One of the best RPGs I've ever played, because there was just so much to do. The gameplay was unique, and the story was so enthralling.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Zozma
I'm a blur

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Zozma
Ooh. What a difficult question. I'm going to have to go with Suikoden 2, but Persona 2 creeps in pretty close afterward. They're both such different games that it's difficult to really choose one over the other.

My websites:

Old September 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm stuck between Grandia and Digimon World 1... I think I'll go with Digimon World 1 just because I've replayed it countless times so it has to be pretty good. xD It's an amazing game with so many different aspects to it and a great story, plus raising your partner is so much fun and guessing what they'll turn in to is very entertaining, especially when it surprises you and becomes an ultimate. x] Grandia is amazing too as I've posted many times before, but Digimon World 1 is simply an unforgeable game and I love playing it so much. <3
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
You guys all have such good taste.

But I'm going to have to go with Spyro the Dragon, I could play it over and over for countless hours. And back when I was still a youngen I would spend literally all day imagining scenarios in Gnasty's loot after you got 100%

Next up I would say Digimon world 1, I never did complete the chart and collected all the different species, but hey I had fun trying.
When I got my first Ultimate, I was so so so excited, Pheonixmon if I remember correctly. Finished the storyline with that one.

And 3rd I think probably the Crash Bandicoot trilogy. I loved them, I just did.
Also Crash Bash was a very good multiplayer game, I would play for hours with my mates, only two player and swap every time you lose because we couldn't connect 4 controllers unfortunately.
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:44 AM
c1cero
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to c1cero
For me, 1st place would have to go to the Alundra series, I absolutely loved those games! Maybe because I am such a Zelda fan, that I love Alundra 1 and 2 the most out of all the other games.

The Spyro the dragons series comes in at a close second, especially the first game, I used to play it for hours on end. That little dragon was such a cheeky little guy.

And Grandia is tied with FFIX in third place. At of all the PS1 games I play, I often find my self coming back to these, and playing the day away ;p .
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
There are too many! D:
Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania, Silent Hill... I could go on. The PS1 was such a good console! :D
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Scruffington
Unhatched Egg

Final Fantasy VII or VIII, hands down.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

PS1 was/still is the greatest thing in console gaming for me. It brings back so much of my childhood whenever I play it. Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories was a great game, as was Crash Bash, Digimon World and any of the Spyro games. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was definitely one of my favourites as well. Perhaps my favourite of them all was the Tekken series, homg wow. Spent so many hours on that game.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

It's a tie between Crash Bandicoot, Pyro the Dragon, Bugs Life Game and Metal Gear. Good times...and may I add that the Playstation 1 intro sound was creepy!
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Oh those are awesome games as well, Tekken and Metalgear Solid. I could play those for ever.
Tekken 3 was what I grew up with I'd battle my uncles and end up losing most of the time but it was such a good bonding experience haha.
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Oh gosh.. I might have to go with either Final Fantasy or Digimon World @_@ Good games!
I always wanted to play legend of Dragoon!
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM
yaywalter
Unhatched Egg

Hmm, best PS1 game... That's impossible. There's too many fantastic titles on there to pick just one.

As far as RPGs go... there were countless good ones, but the Final Fantasy series was undoubtedly the most popular. So I'll go with the best of the PS1 FF games, Final Fantasy IX.

Then of course there was Metal Gear Solid, which was something of a revelation to a lot of gamers. Stealth gameplay? And executed so damn well? Holy ****ing ****.

And you can't forget the Gran Turismo series. Gran Turismo 2 in particular being the king of PS1 racing games.

Also to a lesser degree, Silent Hill. But IMHO Silent Hill was just alright. It's Silent Hill's PS2 sequels that are the truly special ones.
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:57 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I'll try not to count ports (which would exclude Lunar and Tactics Ogre), but Chrono Cross is probably my first choice. I love everything about that game; the music is legenday, story is great, and the gameplay is pretty fun too. FFIX, Tales of Destiny, and Xenogears are up there too. Sadly, I never played the console while it was relevant.
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Crash Bandicoot or Mega Man Legends... I loved and still do love both.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

The ps one is one of my least played systems, and I haven't complete any game yet on it. From what I've played, Final Fantasy IX and Rayman 2 are my picks.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM
FrankOcean
OFWGKTA ALL DAY

Nature: Naughty
Any of the Crash Bandicoot games. I'd loving playing the first game by myself, and sometimes when I'd have friends or family over I'd play Crash Bash with them.
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

If I had to pick just one...I'd say Medieval. The second game was good as well, but I loved the original. The fantastic voice acting, the humour, the soundtrack, the character of Sir Dan...I was very glad for a PSP port when it came out.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Akeraz
Winning is Magic

Final Fantasy Tactics.
Enough Said.

The sole reason I have a PSX emulator on my PC is to play that game.

"It's like I'm watching you fly through a window"
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I loved the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series', but ultimately the best game ever was Harvest Moon: Back To Nature. The hours - no, days - I wasted on that game are dumbfounding. It's just so unbelievably addictive.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links