Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:22 AM
yunondmyname
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Hi. My question, what's your favourite game song?
Mine is Goldenrod City. Because song is very very good.
He was playing Pokemon games when he was 5 years old with his practical intelligence.
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
venomjack

Ah yes my two favorites are Lavender town and Violet Town. Sweet, Sweet music to my ears.

By Banner by to123x

Old August 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
IllusDark8

Nature: Careful
I enjoy VGM in general. Thus, myself on Radio Nintendo. I'm the only one that has all the Pokemon Soundtracks with Permission. However, when it comes to GB Music for the games, it's hard to say because all of the songs are amazing.
Radio Nintendo Shows
and
Old August 18th, 2012, 07:47 AM
MidiMasterShiro
Music Hacker/Composer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to MidiMasterShiro
My favorite themes would be the Johto trainer battle theme, gym leader battle music, the Dragon's Den, the RB champion music, and GSC wild battle music.
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Olivine City is definitely my favorite! I don't know why I like it that much, I just do xD

Old August 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I am especially fond of the Trainer Battle theme in RBY. I don't know why, but those runs always get me, and the bass line haha. It's just a very well put together piece of music and it's easy to hear every little aspect of it, and it's just very enjoyable. As for GSC, Ecruteak/Cianwood music is the best for me.

paired to crono
Old August 19th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

My favorites from R/B/Y include: Vermillion City, Final Battle theme, route 25 theme, Pewter City and the Gym theme (the music that plays when you're inside a gym, not the gym leader battle).

My favorites from G/S/C include: Rocket Battle theme, Final Battle Theme, Goldenrod City, The lake of rage theme, and Blackthorn City theme.

I will have to admit that the Vermillion City theme is my number one favorite piece of music from a Pokemon game. It's just so catchy and energetic.

All of the music from the first two gens are amazing though and blow all of the other games in the series out of the water in my opinion. All of the remakes and newer Pokemon games way overdo the music and make it sound way too clean. The 8 bit music focuses on the melody and doesn't include all of the flashy stuff that makes the new music boring. The 8 bit music is also much gritter sounding, which is great for me since I love metal music.
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM
yunondmyname
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartht33bagger View Post
My favorites from R/B/Y include: Vermillion City, Final Battle theme, route 25 theme, Pewter City and the Gym theme (the music that plays when you're inside a gym, not the gym leader battle).

My favorites from G/S/C include: Rocket Battle theme, Final Battle Theme, Goldenrod City, The lake of rage theme, and Blackthorn City theme.

I will have to admit that the Vermillion City theme is my number one favorite piece of music from a Pokemon game. It's just so catchy and energetic.

All of the music from the first two gens are amazing though and blow all of the other games in the series out of the water in my opinion. All of the remakes and newer Pokemon games way overdo the music and make it sound way too clean. The 8 bit music focuses on the melody and doesn't include all of the flashy stuff that makes the new music boring. The 8 bit music is also much gritter sounding, which is great for me since I love metal music.
Goldenrod City music is really very very incredible. When i listen it, i remember when i am 5 years old.
He was playing Pokemon games when he was 5 years old with his practical intelligence.
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
Biking music in GSC was really soothing. I remember almst 10 years ago when I used to walk around listening to this song.

Goldenrod city's theme was soothing as well. Almost feels like you're walking in a park.
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne-mouth View Post
Biking music in GSC was really soothing. I remember almst 10 years ago when I used to walk around listening to this song.

Goldenrod city's theme was soothing as well. Almost feels like you're walking in a park.
The bike theme is just a sped up version of the Goldenrod City theme.
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Goldenrod Game Corner's music <3

Old September 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
AoiFushigisou
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to AoiFushigisou
I don´t know why, but my favourite is music from Goldenrod city too :D
This signature has been disabled.
too tall there, hoss!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

My favorite is Lance & Red Battle Music, Legendary Dogs Battle Music, Tin Tower, Mount Silver, Indigo Plateau.

In RBY it was Champion Battle Music and Gym Leader Battle.
Shiny Pokemon I caught :(Platinum) (Shining Charm) (SC)
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I agree with both Lance battle music and Legendary trio music

Theres a route theme i really like though. Forgot what route... But it was one of my favorites. I also like the little jingle when the fire breathers want to battle

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
LyokoGirl5000
Lyoko Princess

Nature: Careful
My favorite is the biking music. I also like Lavender Town and the Hall Of Fame. Lake Of Rage, Ice Cave, Route 1 and Cerulean City are nice, too.
All's fair in love, war and video games ~ LyokoGirl5000
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

My two favorite, from Gold at least, were the Game Corner music in Goldenrod and the Ruins of Alph music (if you could call it that). I also really liked the Route 1 music in R/B/Y, and it carried over as one of my favorites in FireRed, just like the Game Corner music did to HeartGold.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: GHOST // GRASS
Old September 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
RGBY: S.S. Anne, Route 13/14/15, Route 24/25, Ending Theme

GSC: EVERY DAMN TRACK ON THERE National Park, Route 26/27, Route 38/39, the Surfing music, Slowpoke Well/Dark Cave/Ice Path, Violet City/Olivine City

I've said this a million times of this forum already, but I must reiterate. The GSC soundtrack is incomparable to any other video game soundtrack I've heard. And the HGSS soundtrack is incredibly remade, too.
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I like the Kanto Champion & Gym Leader themes, I've kinda gone off most of the RBY soundtracks.
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Penta Penguin
Penta is here to stay

The Team Rocket battle theme. I thought that this sounded pretty epic back in the day.

I also seem to like the hideout theme because it always gave that feeling of creepiness.

Arkanoid
: The lost levels compact - 40% done
~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:42 PM
AresTheAwesome
The Awesome Trainer...

Nature: Adamant
Either the trainer RED battler music in g/s/c or the rival battle music in g/s/c.

(But N's battle music is still my all time favorite)
I'm back, but maybe, I never really left, or was I never even hear? Perhaps t'was a mere sojourn that last visit...

The flames in my heart have been re-lit, now I will resume catching them all.
Old September 17th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

I love all the metal colored music but Violet City and Tin Tower in GSC are particular favorites of mine.

Gotta love the high life.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
if i feel edgy, dragon's den.
if i'm in a peaceful mood, viridian forest in the g/s/c games. i love that song!!
-I/II gen are the only great gens; things get pretty ridiculous after that.
-gen I/II have the best Pokemon and stories, by far!
-All of these weird Poke's and typings in III/IV/V are unrealistic and don't look appealing!
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Bubbles987
Ace Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomjack View Post
Ah yes my two favorites are Lavender town and Violet Town. Sweet, Sweet music to my ears.
You LIKE Lavender Town? Oh dear, the ghosts got to you, didn't they? I'm going to turn around and there better not be a white hand on my shoulder!
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
sbs_will_monoxide
Ghost Pokemon Master

lavender town all the way, and Ruins of Alph
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
lavender town and the elite four reason terrifying and suspenseful
Quick Reply