The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: Who will win?
The Gods/Goddesses and Demigods 7 70.00%
The Titans 2 20.00%
I have no idea 2 20.00%
I don't Care 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
PkmnRangerJ: Great sign up :3 I see no problems with it, I'm gonna accept you, but could you please just add a single sighting of something no one else has seen before? If you could that would be great but you are accepted.

Baloth: I really like your character there is just one thing you need to fix with your sign up. In following with the Percy Jackson series only special mortals can see through the mist enough to be harmed by the monsters, and example of this is Luke's mother. So unless your characters mother has that ability, which if she does please mention in your sign up, she can't have been killed by a Harpy.
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Baloth
Trainer

Nature: Timid
Edited. Is it okay that she thought monsters she'd seen were just hallucinations?

Hoenn RéBURST
Geoff Bates, 17 (w. Scarlett [Slugma] and Bandit [Poochyena])
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Baloth: yeah that's fine :3 your accepted now.

also to everyone else, I had completely forgotten about the rare ability for mortals to see through the mist lol, I'm glad I did more research before reviewing the last two sign ups.

Also, two more sign ups and I'll submit the IC thread, we'll do some stuff in camp, but won't start the main quest until all 14 spots are filled, so if you know someone looking for a great rp :3 share this with them.

Another thing :3 I just noticed my character is still the one who's been in camp the longest, that actually works out in our favor though, since she's been in camp the longest she'll be in charge of the group, which works out because I'm the GM and know what's gonna happen when.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Woohoo! I'm stoked for the launch! This RP is gonna take off! It's well thought out. Nice plan.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

It just turned out that way, but I'm glad it did in a way, hopefully it might make things a little easier on my end.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Baloth
Trainer

Does Markus seem too over or underpowered? :/ I dunno!

Hoenn RéBURST
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

If I thought Markus was overpowered I would have asked you to fix some things, and I'll have some twists to throw in randomly, special things the enemies can use to make one power for each character useless, make one character at random not be able to fight that sort of stuff.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Baloth
Trainer

Okie dokie! Was just askin' to make sure. ...Besides, he can't Shadow Travel if there aren't any shadows, and he can't raise the dead or speak to them if there are no corpses. I imagine there might be some ghosts or something, so he could be able to speak to them or something. But yup! Sounds good. Can't wait for more people to join, and for this to start. :D

Hoenn RéBURST
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Yeah your fine don't worry
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:31 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Spoiler:
Name: Eren Ritter

Parental God: Athena

Appearance

Shaggy blond hair that hits the nape of his neck, deep blue eyes, and an ever-slight slouch that gives off the perfect air of arrogance without losing that sense of laziness, this 5'10" young man is one of the most stereotypically contradicting people the world could meet. He's lanky with noodle-thin arms and a flat torso, unfashionable because he wears whatever the hell he feels like, and talks to his own shadow. Okay, that last one's pretty weird, but usually Pallas is hiding out of sight until needed. Regardless, he actually looks pretty good if he ever dresses up, but it's nearly impossible to get him to smile (and though his Pokémon has been able to, no one else has). He usually doesn't even frown! It's just a straight face and half-asleep eyes almost 24/7, but for some reason most of the girls at school go wild for it; something about the "I don't care-ness," they say. (They need to lay off the television.)

Weapon & Powers:

A double-sided glaive is Eren's only weapon. However, his mother blessed him with a great deal of endurance and stamina, as well as impressive strength whenever he's defending himself. (He actually doesn't like to start fights, if you'd believe it, but word that gets around claims otherwise. He'll even take a hit for Pallas if she's not doing too well.) Finally, while it may not necessarily be a power, he's inherently skilled with handicrafts.

Personality

There's really only one adjective necessary to describe Eren, but three will be used instead: Depressing, irritable, destructive, a little condescending... and bad with numbers. Due to such ease in describing his demeanor and cognitive skills, just about everything people know about him is learned from his actions. All others really said to describe Eren is that he's "like an emo kid and a dropout put together, but a thousand times worse, and without all the suicide, crappy generic poems or drugs."

His curiosity also ends up a major problem with him. He's rather intelligent in many subjects (except maths and his alternate language classes... and gym, though he definitely has the skill), but his desire for hands-on experience gets the best of him too many times. That said, he promptly forgot quite a bit of all that "math stuff" whenever summer started. It was nearly impossible to retain it compared to learning about a poisonous frog by dissecting it... and licking it... and going to the hospital. Thankfully, and apparently miraculously to the doctors, he recovered very quickly. Never did that again; got booted out of Biology. His school's staff was really only happy that they couldn't get sued for it. (Almost all the staff hated him, and on one account some even admitted it. Said he was a bad influence on the more dedicated students.)

On Eren's first visit to Camp Half-Blood, his attitude really stuck. However, there were people that tolerated him, even tried to make friends with him. By the end of summer, he was, of course still depressing, irritable and destructive, but he was much more aware of whom his actions affected. After two years at camp, while he retained his old demeanor, Eren's now much... friendlier, so to speak. (That is, he doesn't shoo someone away until after they've made their case now.)

History

Conceived with the goddess Athena in Idaho, Eren Ritter's biological father is named Sean Ritter. Only three years after his birth and Athena leaving him with Sean, Sean became abusive; unable to hold down a job and started drinking, but that's another story. Before any (physical) injuries were dealt, however, the goddess helped her child into a foster home, then an adoptive family in Seattle. (Sadly, his linked Pokémon, an Eevee at the time, wasn't able to follow him.) Frankly, that didn't help him grow up any better. He had an older step-brother, not a very nice guy until he'd entered high school, when he became sort of a role model (but not to Eren). Needless to say, Eren found himself enjoying the majority of his childhood playing around in the rain and eating Dick's hamburgers, alongside using violent video games as a stress reliever; these ended up being just some of the few things that made him happy enough to smile.

One of the other things turned out to be a Glaceon that'd wandered out of Alaska around the time he was in sixth grade. It looked happy to find Eren and stuck by his side, so the boy took it home and kept it. Even when his parents said no, it wouldn't go away, so they let it stay after just a few days; it's been with him ever since. It was around the time he entered seventh grade where his senses were beginning to get confused. He'd hear and see things, sometimes even feel things that didn't seem to be there. The problem faded within a couple months, but reemerged in high school. During ninth grade, Eren's looks alone were enough to get him into fights with the other students, the attitude was just the icing on the cake. Though he never did start them, he was always the one that walked away without injuries. As such, he was frequently in detention or getting suspended.

During one particular detention session, the "convicts" were assigned to a crafts room. Instead of just sitting at desks and sleeping, they had to clean up. Eren, rather than cleaning, found himself having picked up some tools and yarn and making a beanie for himself in five minutes flat. (Even had his first initial on the inside.) While it was definitely juicy info for the other students, they knew Eren's track record; as a result, his little-known skill stayed little-known. As a year of school passed, he turned out to be the only one left in the gym from a detention sentence. It was rare, but not unheard of for it to happen.

Then something even weirder than temporary schizophrenia happened. A disgusting, monstrous beast with a lion's body and a man's face burst through the doors, charging at Eren with a murderous roar. The first attack he was able to dive out of the way, while the beast slammed into the gymnasium's back wall. The second time he was even luckier. About to pull on a defensive stance to retaliate, a young woman stood between the two carrying a large shield roughly the size of a dinner table, as well as a nice-looking spear. A healthy glow on her skin, short black hair, and armor that would've fit a Trojan War reenactment, she was Athena. She turned to Eren and managed to tell him, "Hello, son, I'll explain in a moment," before practically just flicking the monster into yet another wall. The shield shrunk to a fraction of its former size, but that was probably just to give Athena her mobility back, because she immediately rained "fiery pissed off mother" on the monster, which she later clarified to be a manticore.

Soon enough, Eren was moved to Camp Half-Blood. Knowing he was going to get kicked out of his school eventually (and not wanting to deal with his step-brother), he very willingly stayed year-round with his Pokémon at his side. It was there he learned that the titans in Tartarus were growing in strength, and for the next two years he and Pallas trained for this purpose.

Pokémon

Species: Glaceon

Name: Pallas

Sex: Male

Personality: Much more mature than his human counterpart, Pallas tends to be just as lazy until Eren gets excited about something. Then it's all about keeping him out of trouble. Well, more trouble. He provides both defensive and offensive assistance for Eren, but sometimes just leaves him to his own devices -- even in the middle of a battle!

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; August 30th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

tornzero: alright :3 there are some things you need to fix with your sign up. With the Pokemon link your Glaceon would have been born at the same time as your character, and only upon special circumstances been seperated from you. The Pokemon link shares a soul with your character, so in a sense they are one being, if one dies both die, one is ill both are, etc.

So if you could fix that for me that would be great
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Baloth
Trainer

Ermm...It's Genevieve's call, ultimately, but uhhh...Somebody already posted a sheet for a son of Athena...It has to be fixed still, but...I dunno if Genevieve will choose first come, first serve, over completion. Looks good to me, though...

Edit: Woops, I was a bit slow on the draw with my post here. Umm, Genevieve, Pokemonmasterdraco (or something like that) already posted a sheet (which requires fixes) for a demigod son of Athena. So... :/ I dunno how you want to go about that. Just lettin ya know.

Hoenn RéBURST
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:44 PM
TornZero

Fix'd. I added in the separation where he'd been taken from Sean to a foster family, though giving out no details to the Pokémon's whereabouts afterwards; if you get it, you'll have no problem figuring out how it became a Glaceon in the first place.

@Baloth, since it's first come first serve, I'd assume whoever gets accepted first (regardless of submission) gets the slot.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; August 29th, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I'm going to give PokemonMaster_Draco time to finish his sign up, I sent him a VM earlier today asking if he was still interested.

Tornzero, I hope you'd be willing to change your godly parent if he is, since he did make a sign up for it first, but if he isn't interested anymore then the spot would go to you.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Just wondering, does it matter which Aphrodite Aphrodi is the child of, or should we just consider Aphrodite one entity. As the SU implies, Aphrodi is born of Pandemos, not Ourania, but I'd assume that we're considering that there's one Aphrodite rather than two separate ones.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
TornZero

Sorry, I worked to make him a physically defensive (and verbally offensive :D) fighter, after Athena's mythology concerning strategic warfare. I'd end up having to rewrite most of/the latter half of his history even if I swapped it to Ares, and even his Pokémon if I can't get Pallas to fit right. >< (The Pokémon itself wouldn't be as much a problem as it would implementing it correctly. Actually, if I ended up swapping it to Ares I'd be rewriting his personality from my own OCD-ness, too. x_x)

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

There's just one of each of the gods :3 and we're not going to be mixing into the Greek/Roman god thing that another series written by the same Author as the Percy Jackson series does, it's all just going by the Greek terms and mythology :3

TornZero: We'll see how it turns out then, I might end up having to choose which sign up I think is better if that's the case.
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM
doge
[INTENSIFIES]
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to doge
machomuu is still referring to the Greek Aphrodite and I think that in the Percy Jackson series, it's actually the Aphrodite of Ourania, but I'm not sure if it would matter to Genevieve or not.
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Baloth
Trainer

Sorry for wrecking yer plans, Torn! I just didn't want either of you to get shafted, so I had to speak up about the TWO demigod of Athena SU's I hope you don't have to rewrite your whole thing! Maybe whatshisface will change his so you can be the son of Athena.

Hoenn RéBURST
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
PkmnRangerJ
Pokemon Ranger

what is mean by "a single sighting of something no one else has seen before?" abit confused lol
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
TornZero

She means a monster, like an empousa or siren.

Old August 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I'm going to say we're going by the Aphrodite Pandemos, and for this rp the Aphrodite of Ourania doesn't exist.

Last edited by SylveonStar; August 29th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Baloth
Trainer

I asked this earlier, but I guess I'll ask again--I don't know much about Percy Jackson/whatnot, though I do have a good grasp of ancient Greek mythology, and Pokemon, of course. Will I get a good experience out of this with so little knowledge of Camp Half-Blood and its associated universe, or should I be browsing the internet for plot summaries and stuff?

Hoenn RéBURST
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:13 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

on the first page i have a link to the wikia for the percy jackson series

Sponsored Links