Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Blazing Inferno (*Fire-Type Fan Club!*)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old September 27th, 2012 (06:05 PM).

I'd say Eruption.
It's way too better then Magma storm.
Magma storm got less accuracy and less power.
I don't anyone will Magma storm more then Eruption.

Old September 27th, 2012 (06:16 PM).
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I would say Eruption.
Magma Storm has low power and low accuracy.
Magma Storm can only be learned by Heatran.
While, Eruption is a TM so most Fire Type pokemon can learn it.

Old September 27th, 2012 (06:31 PM).
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
I would like to join!

Username : ShinyUmbreon189
Partner Pokemon :
Why do you like Fire-Types? : They got one of the coolest designs and really powerful.

Idk the current topic can someone tell me?

Old September 27th, 2012 (06:40 PM).
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote originally posted by ShinyUmbreon189:
I would like to join!

Username : ShinyUmbreon189
Partner Pokemon :
Why do you like Fire-Types? : They got one of the coolest designs and really powerful.

Idk the current topic can someone tell me?

You can join, but you have to choose one unevolved pokemon. So either choose a Cyndaquil or a Magby.
You can always see the current topic in the first post. SO the current topic is-
Out of Magma Storm and Eruption, which is the best move and why?

Old September 27th, 2012 (06:48 PM).
Never go full retard

This is hard now because I wanted Typhlosion and Magmar but I don't really care for none of their first evolutions so I'll pick one I like.

it doesn't evolve so is should count and
If I can't choose
Then I want

Eruption, cos I'm not familiar with Magma Storm. I haven't even played B/W yet.

Old September 27th, 2012 (11:59 PM).

Tried to make New banner
Spoiler:

Old September 28th, 2012 (12:46 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
Out of Magma storm and Eruption which is the best ?

Since Magma storm is only a Heatran move I think it must be better that Eruption.
Old September 28th, 2012 (01:08 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky

Eruption cos it has higher BP and it hits hard when you're at full HP. Also Magma Storm is a signature move for Heatran and I don't like Heatran much.
Old September 28th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote originally posted by ShinyUmbreon189:
This is hard now because I wanted Typhlosion and Magmar but I don't really care for none of their first evolutions so I'll pick one I like.

(Moltres) it doesn't evolve so is should count and
If I can't choose (Moltres)
Then I want (Growlithe)

Eruption, cos I'm not familiar with Magma Storm. I haven't even played B/W yet.
Okay, welcome to the club.

On the Current Topic: Now it seems obvious about it being Eruption... But anyway, last time I checked, Eruption was never a TM. Plus only a few Fire-Types can learn it. Just saying that Magma Storm has existed since the beginning of Generation IV. Besides, something is also crazy. Game Freak trying to improve it by Accuracy by only 5 FREAKING PERCENT. I mean, seriously? If Game Freak is only going to improve it a bit they should not improve it at all. But at least Eruption could be taught to more than just Fire-Types... I also have Eruption on my Typhlosion. Eruption FTW.
Old September 28th, 2012 (10:42 PM).
The Fennekin Fan!

@Umbr30n: Because I have 200 points, I should be given a random item.

Old September 29th, 2012 (02:48 AM). Edited September 29th, 2012 by Affliction.

Quote originally posted by Aryan143:
@Umbr30n: Because I have 200 points, I should be given a random item.
I already gave you something through a VM. Also try to put more discussion into the Topic because that didn't have a part of a Topic. These kind of things belong in VMs.

On the current topic: It will ALWAYS be Eruption. Max accuracy. Varying power. It is FAR more unique than Magma Storm. So Eruption is the best of the two, even if Game Freak decides to spam improvements on Magma Storm.

BTW, The Banner Competition of Blazing Inferno has two more days! If you want to participate, quickly submit your 3 Banners for the Competition!
Old September 29th, 2012 (03:25 AM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Just throwing an opinion in here regarding the current topic. I've never really been a fan of the kind of topics where they ask which of something is better, especially when it's concerning moves, because the topics need to be based more on facts rather than opinions, and it'll pretty much be the same things repeated over and over again. If the topic had been "Out of Magma Storm and Eruption, which is your favourite move and why? ", it'd hopefully be something with more varied answers, where personal opinions would contribute more than with what it is now. I'm in no way telling you that you can't use these kind of topics, and this is coming from my personal preference in topics, but I just feel like more people would be able to participate in this when the topics were more opinionated than factual. Again, this is said as a member of the club, not a moderator :p

Anyways, to answer the topic. I can't really say much, since these are newer moves that I haven't yet used, though for what I've read, it seems that Eruption is the better move, so I'm gonna say that >_<

Still impressed with the activity of this club :D

Old September 29th, 2012 (03:34 AM).

On the current topic:

Eruption is a total WIN over Magma storm for several reasons:
1- MS is very less frequent, I'm not talking about the accuracy alone, but what are the chances you're going to use Heatran in a match? "considering that there are many fire types who are a lot faster than him, and there are poeple like me who hate him!", you won't get the chance to use it anyways...

2- Eruption's ultimate user is Typhlosion, and guess what? he's fast! Typhlo is actually fast enough to use Eruption while it's still in full HP, and if it's HP got lower, Eruption will still make use of the STAB and the classy ability Blaze, this means that if Typhlo's HP got below 3rd and somehow managed to hit, it'll still hit pretty decent (imagine it with choice specs, woohoo!).

that's what I experienced from using Typhlosion as a sweeper for a good amount of time in my team, it was never a let down for me

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
Just throwing an opinion in here regarding the current topic. I've never really been a fan of the kind of topics where they ask which of something is better, especially when it's concerning moves, because the topics need to be based more on facts rather than opinions, and it'll pretty much be the same things repeated over and over again. If the topic had been "Out of Magma Storm and Eruption, which is your favourite move and why? ", it'd hopefully be something with more varied answers, where personal opinions would contribute more than with what it is now. I'm in no way telling you that you can't use these kind of topics, and this is coming from my personal preference in topics, but I just feel like more people would be able to participate in this when the topics were more opinionated than factual. Again, this is said as a member of the club, not a moderator :p
I see what you mean, and I do agree with you. The topics aren't bad they're just sort of narrowed, the boss is doing a great job though, I highly encourage you to suggest a topic that would reinforce your idea =)
Old September 29th, 2012 (03:37 AM).
The Fennekin Fan!

New Topic:

Which Fire type do you think needs to improve a lot?

Answering the topic:

I think Flareon needs to improve a lot.The only two Psychical Fire type moves it can learn are Flame Charge and Fire Fang.These are 50 power and 65 power moves respectively so Flareon cannot make good use of his 130 attack.If they just give Flare Blitz to him he can really rock.

Old September 29th, 2012 (03:53 AM).

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
Okay, let's keep that in mind. Thanks for making your post heard!

Quote originally posted by Aryan143:
New Topic:

Answering the topic:

I think Flareon needs to improve a lot.The only two Psychical Fire type moves it can learn are Flame Charge and Fire Fang.These are 50 power and 65 power moves respectively so Flareon cannot make good use of his 130 attack.If they just give Flare Blitz to him he can really rock.
This Topic seems good enough to get various answers.

Answering the Current Topic: I'd have to say the Numel line. They just literally need a lot of improvements. I wouldn't say it's to do with their Move-Pool, but it's got to do with their Statistics. It's speed is horrendous (Although it maybe a slow creature anyway). It's Defenses and HP are not ones that one should look forward to. Plus their Typing is just BAD - A double weakness to the most common Type of Pokemon (Water). I don't really like their designs either. It may learn Eruption, but not like it is going to have great use of it because of it's Speed. It's Pokeathlon statistics aren't great either. So if I were to improve it, I would just change it's design a bit and increase some of the Stats, such as it's Defenses or Pokeathlon Statistics.
Old September 29th, 2012 (05:28 AM).
The Fennekin Fan!

Tried to make a banner for your club.

Old September 29th, 2012 (09:29 AM).

I agree with Flareon and the Numel line having more potential than the game makes them offer, and I'm going to add Magcargo, exactly what is the purpose of this pokemon? having very nice defense of 120, but no decent HP? or even any other stat that could compensate for it's other weak stats? I just don't get the point behind the stats spread of this poke, besides it's shiny form is hideous! it's an overall fail pokemon.
Old September 29th, 2012 (09:55 AM).
Never go full retard

Flareon, he lacks lots of things like a move pool and moves he learns during level up. With him being Fire type that should make him learn more fire moves during level up but I guess GameFreak doesn't believe the same. Also for the size of the Pokemon it's way too slow, I don't get how a Pokemon that small can move that slow they messed up all the Eevee evo's from the get and go.

Old September 29th, 2012 (11:28 AM).
Crystal Tier

Your Username: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Ninetales and Growlithe (Can Growlithe be nicknamed Ayla?)
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Fire types are very useful in battle, especially my Ninetales. Also, some of the cutest Pokemon are fire types.

Which Fire Type do you think needs to improve a lot?
I agree that Flareon could be improved. With better stats and movepool, Flareon could be a Pokemon to watch out for. I would definitely use Flareon more in battles if it was improved.
Old September 29th, 2012 (06:54 PM).

I think flareon needs to be improved since it got high attack.
It needs special attack instead of attack.

Old September 30th, 2012 (09:42 AM). Edited September 30th, 2012 by Affliction.

Quote originally posted by Iloveeevee:
Your Username: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Ninetales and Growlithe (Can Growlithe be nicknamed Ayla?)
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Fire types are very useful in battle, especially my Ninetales. Also, some of the cutest Pokemon are fire types.

Which Fire Type do you think needs to improve a lot?
I agree that Flareon could be improved. With better stats and movepool, Flareon could be a Pokemon to watch out for. I would definitely use Flareon more in battles if it was improved.
Welcome to the club!

Points updated.

Now, a notification about an update.

If you were in Blazing Inferno's first page, you may have noticed the new background around the first post, AKA Blazing Inferno Central. You are maybe wondering "Umbr30n, why did you take so long to make a background?", Or "Umbr30n, why have you took up some of your time making a background?". Well, I'll tell you why! I have been learning about "Codes" which generate the background for a Club Post. I thought that I should give it a try, and so Blazing Inferno has now got it's very first Background. I have now made a schedule to change the background every month, starting today. Oh and also, I put "Styles" (Which is basically the same as backgrounds) on the Point Table, which means, if you want, you can make a background about Fire-Types, and who knows, it could be put in the next background so you, the creator, will get credit. I will tell you all the pixels needed for backgrounds/styles later. If you have any questions or concerns about this new background, please VM me (Not PM, because I keep all the other Backgrounds there) and don't be afraid tell me what your question/concern is. I will reply to you.

Height/Width needed for a background: 4000-4050 Pixels Height. 1271-1279 Pixels Width.
Old September 30th, 2012 (09:11 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Your Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Shana the Vulpix
Why do you like Fire-Types?: They are BLAZING FUN!! They are one one of the most powerful types out there, though their defenses aren't the greatest, its decent.
If you had to have a Non-Legendary Fire Type in your ultimate Team, what would it be and why?
Blaziken, Speed Boost makes it super fast & hard to take down. Blaziken is perhaps the best starter of all Fire types also. I would say Arcanine would be another. Amazing base stats overall, very bulky, very intimidating.
Old October 1st, 2012 (12:58 PM).

Time to hand in the results of the Banner Competition.

Aryan143:

Spoiler:

Scores:

Banner 1: 7 points.
Banner 2: 6.5 points.
Banner 3: 9 points.
Total: 22.5 points.

U Shivam:

Spoiler:

Scores:

Banner 1: 7.5 points.
Banner 2: 10 points.
Banner 3: 5.5 points.
Total: 23 points.

U Shivam wins this event, however, I will do all the updating tomorrow.
Old October 1st, 2012 (02:23 PM).

Hmm, I'd have to say Heatran, simply because even though it is one of my favourite Fire-Types, it has a 4x weakness to Ground-Type moves and doesn't really learn any moves to cover for that weakness.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 1st, 2012 (05:03 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky

I'd agree with most of these guys and say Flareon. I know it looks cute, being an Eeveelution and all but it has a 130 Attack stat and only gets two physical Fire moves, Flame Charge and Fire Fang which have 50 and 65 BP respectively meaning they are so weak he can't take advantage of that Attack stat. Also, they need to give him Flare Blitz in a future generation, no wonder he's not seen on a lot of teams.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)