< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting Hoenn RéBURST [M] [OOC + SU]

Notices

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (9:22 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is online now
every story
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 21,920
Spheal is ice type, he'll lick dat dragon with his icy tongue and it's game over, baby.

Haha, maybe she'll capture some more pokémon along the road ;) And maybe he will evolve. Eventually. Writing first post now! I can put Littleroot and Route 101 in the same, right?
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #252    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (9:54 AM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
*AHEM* I think this will prove to you that I've read the OOC Post.


DUSK
BURST Rogue of the Shadows






Name: Dusk
Age: 18
Gender: Male

Appearance:
Dusk has many notable qualities in his appearance. His skin is very pale, and his expression is often unhappy, gloomy, or angry. His eyes are gray, though his left eye's pupil is permanently dilated and often larger than the right. This also show that his left iris is a darker shade of gray. He is moderately tall, standing at six feet and two inches. He always wears jet black clothing, usually containing metal rings and chains. He wears a neck-covering jacket and cargo pants that seem to match perfectly. He wears steel-toed black boots and gloves.

Personality:
Dusk tends to be a wild card. He will often be quiet, and avoid others. He says that he hates human interaction, though secretly enjoys it. He talks of wanting to see the world burn, though he hopes it doesn't. He tells himself that he'll never find friends, though he dreams of the day that he does. He often finds himself lonely before reassuring himself that others will only bring him pain. Deep inside this dark being's core is a gentle spirit seeking love and affection. In battle, Dusk can be ruthless and unforgiving, and when his enemies flee he quickly gives chase. He does not show mercy, unless the person in question has meaning to him. In this situation, he may simply give up on fighting. His temper can make itself well-known and his rage can lead to gruesome outcomes in battle. One final note: when asked about his eye, he probably won't tell you the truth.

History:
Dusk was always rebellious, even at a young age. He felt his parents were far too controlling, and at age 11, left his family behind. It was difficult at first, though it didn't take too long for him to learn how to live homeless. He could find berries, works at various places for food money, or ask around for something to eat. He soon found refuge in Petalburgh Forest, and rarely left (other than for food). This pattern continued for years, but, at age 17, something interesting happened. a group of Gaia grunts and warriors stormed through the forest. They tore up parts of what Duck once called his home, and killed the berry plants he'd been living off of. Out of anger, Dusk fought the group, and without Pokemon. Hand-to-hand, they were no match for the fury and rage that fueled Dusk's onslaught. When they were all defeated, he heard a metallic clang on the ground. As it turns out, one of them had a BURST Heart. Dusk kept this valuable object, and for the next year or so, began to train with it. In the mean time he soon befriended the Poochyena inside it and gained the ability to enter and exit it at will. As of now, Dusk is heading toward the players, searching for food.

Reply With Quote
  #253    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (10:09 AM). Edited October 23rd, 2012 by adventure.
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is online now
every story
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 21,920
A Burst character, eh? Seems you'll finally get to be in the same RP as me :p

EDIT: First post done! Let's hope it's good enough for a Seedot.
Reply With Quote
  #254    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (4:04 PM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
A Burst character, eh? Seems you'll finally get to be in the same RP as me :p

EDIT: First post done! Let's hope it's good enough for a Seedot.
Damn straight I am >:|

Also, fun fact, the permanently dilated pupil thing is an actual condition, and is owned by a certain someone named David Bowie.

Reply With Quote
  #255    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (4:32 PM).
Khawill's Avatar
Khawill Khawill is offline
Swaggins
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
*AHEM* I think this will prove to you that I've read the OOC Post.


DUSK
BURST Rogue of the Shadows






Name: Dusk
Age: 18
Gender: Male

Appearance:
Dusk has many notable qualities in his appearance. His skin is very pale, and his expression is often unhappy, gloomy, or angry. His eyes are gray, though his left eye's pupil is permanently dilated and often larger than the right. This also show that his left iris is a darker shade of gray. He is moderately tall, standing at six feet and two inches. He always wears jet black clothing, usually containing metal rings and chains. He wears a neck-covering jacket and cargo pants that seem to match perfectly. He wears steel-toed black boots and gloves.

Personality:
Dusk tends to be a wild card. He will often be quiet, and avoid others. He says that he hates human interaction, though secretly enjoys it. He talks of wanting to see the world burn, though he hopes it doesn't. He tells himself that he'll never find friends, though he dreams of the day that he does. He often finds himself lonely before reassuring himself that others will only bring him pain. Deep inside this dark being's core is a gentle spirit seeking love and affection. In battle, Dusk can be ruthless and unforgiving, and when his enemies flee he quickly gives chase. He does not show mercy, unless the person in question has meaning to him. In this situation, he may simply give up on fighting. His temper can make itself well-known and his rage can lead to gruesome outcomes in battle. One final note: when asked about his eye, he probably won't tell you the truth.

History:
Dusk was always rebellious, even at a young age. He felt his parents were far too controlling, and at age 11, left his family behind. It was difficult at first, though it didn't take too long for him to learn how to live homeless. He could find berries, works at various places for food money, or ask around for something to eat. He soon found refuge in Petalburgh Forest, and rarely left (other than for food). This pattern continued for years, but, at age 17, something interesting happened. a group of Gaia grunts and warriors stormed through the forest. They tore up parts of what Duck once called his home, and killed the berry plants he'd been living off of. Out of anger, Dusk fought the group, and without Pokemon. Hand-to-hand, they were no match for the fury and rage that fueled Dusk's onslaught. When they were all defeated, he heard a metallic clang on the ground. As it turns out, one of them had a BURST Heart. Dusk kept this valuable object, and for the next year or so, began to train with it. In the mean time he soon befriended the Poochyena inside it and gained the ability to enter and exit it at will. As of now, Dusk is heading toward the players, searching for food.


Another hand to hand fighter!? That's awesome, I was thinking that Sara would be the only one, I must say I'm interested in wether or not you will want to directly fight Sara (who has more formal and controlled training than rage) but still, I'm interested.
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #256    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (4:59 PM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Another hand to hand fighter!? That's awesome, I was thinking that Sara would be the only one, I must say I'm interested in wether or not you will want to directly fight Sara (who has more formal and controlled training than rage) but still, I'm interested.
Still waiting on Vato to read it over.

For Dusk it's more of a survival instinct than an art. To put this in crude-but-easy-to-understand words: He might kick a man in the groin if he believes it will keep him alive. That is to say, his fighting may not be considered "fair" to most. And, unlike a civil fighter, Dusk does not hold /anything/ back. On the other hand, though, if he grows attachment to someone he will absolutely refuse to fight him/her, and simply try dodging.
Reply With Quote
  #257    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (5:16 PM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,480
Vato, I've come to reclaim my rightful spot!...Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Reply With Quote
  #258    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (5:18 PM).
Khawill's Avatar
Khawill Khawill is offline
Swaggins
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,526
Oh, no Sara is anything but a clean fighter by any standard. She is just trained in a few martial arts, including one of her own. She isn't exactly the chivalrous type, (she's used to fighting gang members and other kids in Orre). Still it wouldn't be bad to test the Burst in a fight against her, I mean it isn't like Sara is just going to attack him, likely challenge him to a fight in some way.

Sara is in Petalburg Forest at the moment.
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #259    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (5:56 PM).
Vato Vato is offline
This Is Our Last Goodbye
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Juarez City, Mexico
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
DUSK
BURST Rogue of the Shadows






Name: Dusk
Age: 18
Gender: Male

I love this, Just. Perfect. You're definitely accepted! :D
Poochyena - Intimidate - Bite, Odor Sleuth, Agility
Too tired to use CSS xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Vato, I've come to reclaim my rightful spot!...Pretty please with a cherry on top?
I'm very sorry, but there are no more spots open at the moment... I'll make sure to tell you if a spot ever opens.

As a side note, and in case it wasn't pretty obvious, starter Pokemon are all level 5, except for WolfofEve's as his character has been training for a while, which is the reason his Poochyena is Level 10
Hoenn


FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Reply With Quote
  #260    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (7:01 PM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
I love this, Just. Perfect. You're definitely accepted! :D
Poochyena - Intimidate - Bite, Odor Sleuth, Agility
Too tired to use CSS xD



I'm very sorry, but there are no more spots open at the moment... I'll make sure to tell you if a spot ever opens.

As a side note, and in case it wasn't pretty obvious, starter Pokemon are all level 5, except for WolfofEve's as his character has been training for a while, which is the reason his Poochyena is Level 10
1: heheheh, I'm special. Fufufu...

1.1: (I totally forgot to list his hair color and his hat, good thing I have an image!)

2: Good to know someone can keep track of my stats!

3: If anyone really planned on fighting Dusk, they'd probably have to be doing something morally incorrect, or simply try to piss him off. But if you piss him off, he'd probably try to kill you, or at least leave you mortally wounded. (Poochyena is pretty fitting for this character, no?)

4: I love how a year's worth of training equates to him being level 10, when it'll take (averaging/guessing) about five posts in game to double that. (I'm fine with it, not asking for a boost or anything, I just found it amusing)

5: So where is everyone right now? Anyone in a group or is anyone scattered? Dusk is going to probably bump into someone and ask for food. I'll make my first post tomorrow morning, so does anyone want Dusk to approach?
Reply With Quote
  #261    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (7:19 PM).
Vato Vato is offline
This Is Our Last Goodbye
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Juarez City, Mexico
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
5: So where is everyone right now? Anyone in a group or is anyone scattered? Dusk is going to probably bump into someone and ask for food. I'll make my first post tomorrow morning, so does anyone want Dusk to approach?
From what I can gather everyone is on his own, except for TornZero, ytfeL and Baloth, who are Joint Posting, and Fuyu and Mr. Mammoth are going to do the same kind of post anytime soon. Khawill (Sara Lain) is in Petalburgh Woods, Stingray (Jerome Kerensky) and PsychoJigglypuff (Becky Banks) are in Petalburgh, and everyone else is somewhere around Route 101 and Oldale Town, I believe.

So, yah, who wants to get asked for some food by Sir. Akio? :D
Hoenn


FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Reply With Quote
  #262    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (8:55 PM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
From what I can gather everyone is on his own, except for TornZero, ytfeL and Baloth, who are Joint Posting, and Fuyu and Mr. Mammoth are going to do the same kind of post anytime soon. Khawill (Sara Lain) is in Petalburgh Woods, Stingray (Jerome Kerensky) and PsychoJigglypuff (Becky Banks) are in Petalburgh, and everyone else is somewhere around Route 101 and Oldale Town, I believe.

So, yah, who wants to get asked for some food by Sir. Akio? :D
Eh, what? You mean my character, not me?

I suppose some female character might spark up a love interest with him, though this is questionable because it seems a lot of the characters are too young (Dusk is 18) and it might seem rather awkward. Then again, that awkwardness could be amusing. There is a borderline here, because Dusk might see a younger girl and treat her like a child.

Yes, that's right, this "bad boy" is the very embodiment of teenage angst!

Still awaiting an answer: anyone wanna have their character run into by Dusk?
Reply With Quote
  #263    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (11:01 PM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is online now
every story
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 21,920
I don't want to have my character run into Dusk. lol Not yet ;D I have a Lotad to catch first, I think!

I love how people are joint posting in this RP :D
Reply With Quote
  #264    
Old October 24th, 2012 (2:48 AM).
Khawill's Avatar
Khawill Khawill is offline
Swaggins
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,526
Well I wouldn't care, I do say that the no fighting thing is a bit saddening, but I do have food. She just walked into the woods, so there shouldn't be any problem finding her.

Additionally, maybe the first Team Gaia encounter, should be in the woods, you know just like the game.
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #265    
Old October 24th, 2012 (6:19 AM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
I'm waiting on my first post until someone says they want to run into him. I need to know where they are and what they're doing, etc. I'm also unfamiliar with Hoenn (literally the /only/ region I don't know fully).

Also, if Gaia shows up in that forest, expect a brutal encounter with Dusk. Anyone who sees might start to be scared of him.

And perhaps that opportunity can be used to show the effects of BURST Hearts.
Reply With Quote
  #266    
Old October 24th, 2012 (7:20 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is online now
every story
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 21,920
To get to know what the other characters are doing and where they are, just read their posts? And there are pictures of the ares in the chapters along with descriptions so even if you aren't super familiar with that region you should be quite fine. I evolve the routes in my mind to be more vivid and realistic anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #267    
Old October 24th, 2012 (8:16 AM).
Vato Vato is offline
This Is Our Last Goodbye
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Juarez City, Mexico
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 533
The first part of the first major event has been posted, while not really in Petalburgh Woods. You do get a chance of spotting and maybe fighting one of the Seven Warriors (which can't really be defeated yet) wherever you want, in case you're asking, you're free to choose this Braviary Warrior's moveset, but be reasonable, we don't want him using Growl, do we?
Hoenn


FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Reply With Quote
  #268    
Old October 24th, 2012 (8:26 AM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
The first part of the first major event has been posted, while not really in Petalburgh Woods. You do get a chance of spotting and maybe fighting one of the Seven Warriors (which can't really be defeated yet) wherever you want, in case you're asking, you're free to choose this Braviary Warrior's moveset, but be reasonable, we don't want him using Growl, do we?
I think I could have Dusk interact. Of course, battling is not an option, seeing as the only object of importance on Dusk is his BURST Heart.

Maybe he could see the birdman, fuse (perfect opportunity to show a fusion) and then try to attack him but miss? Especially since Poochyena's skill is Intimidate, surely the birdman would just flee?

And then they could also see Dusk in the sky for a second (logical reason for this) when the bird leaves, and decide to go see what the hell that was?
Reply With Quote
  #269    
Old October 24th, 2012 (8:33 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is online now
every story
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 21,920
FEAR THE MIGHT OF THE DANGEROUS GROWL ATTACK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQZ6...eature=related
Reply With Quote
  #270    
Old October 24th, 2012 (8:53 AM).
Khawill's Avatar
Khawill Khawill is offline
Swaggins
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
I'm waiting on my first post until someone says they want to run into him. I need to know where they are and what they're doing, etc. I'm also unfamiliar with Hoenn (literally the /only/ region I don't know fully).

Also, if Gaia shows up in that forest, expect a brutal encounter with Dusk. Anyone who sees might start to be scared of him.

And perhaps that opportunity can be used to show the effects of BURST Hearts.
Like I said, I'll be honored to meet up with your character, my character is also fairly new to hoenn (though I personally know it well).
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #271    
Old October 24th, 2012 (1:55 PM).
Tman's Avatar
Tman Tman is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
I'm waiting on my first post until someone says they want to run into him. I need to know where they are and what they're doing, etc. I'm also unfamiliar with Hoenn (literally the /only/ region I don't know fully).

Also, if Gaia shows up in that forest, expect a brutal encounter with Dusk. Anyone who sees might start to be scared of him.

And perhaps that opportunity can be used to show the effects of BURST Hearts.
Vato forgot to mention me. If you want, you can gladly interact with me in Oldale. Tyler is just sitting in the Pokemon Center right now anyways waiting to see what happens to him or till its simply time to roll out another post. I don't know about you, but I feel the opposing personalities, with Dusk being a bad boy and Tyler being a shy trainer, could make for something interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #272    
Old October 24th, 2012 (5:40 PM).
Vato Vato is offline
This Is Our Last Goodbye
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Juarez City, Mexico
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
I think I could have Dusk interact. Of course, battling is not an option, seeing as the only object of importance on Dusk is his BURST Heart.

Maybe he could see the birdman, fuse (perfect opportunity to show a fusion) and then try to attack him but miss? Especially since Poochyena's skill is Intimidate, surely the birdman would just flee?

And then they could also see Dusk in the sky for a second (logical reason for this) when the bird leaves, and decide to go see what the hell that was?
I would say, go ahead, but it depends on the others if they want to find out what happened or not

Also, yes Red, Seedot can has 3 more levels xD
It's now Lv 10 :D
Hoenn


FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Reply With Quote
  #273    
Old October 25th, 2012 (12:46 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is online now
every story
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 21,920
WolfOfEve, if you want you can write about Arlu being somewhere near Oldale Town and Dusk chasing him or something. Then Arla's battle can be interrupted because they see Arlu fly across the sky and then meet a worked up Dusk, maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #274    
Old October 25th, 2012 (6:11 AM).
Satan.EXE's Avatar
Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
King of the Hell
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: C:\
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
WolfOfEve, if you want you can write about Arlu being somewhere near Oldale Town and Dusk chasing him or something. Then Arla's battle can be interrupted because they see Arlu fly across the sky and then meet a worked up Dusk, maybe.
I think I'll do that~!

It's gonna be pretty f***ing dramatic.
Reply With Quote
  #275    
Old October 25th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
Stingray's Avatar
Stingray Stingray is offline
In MACs we trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: I have no idea anymore
Posts: 975
Ok first off sorry I haven't been around RL and Guild Wars got overly distracting I'm still around and I'll get working on a post.
Writing a story: Legend of Eur would love some feedback.
Reply With Quote
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:31 PM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top