The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
Whoops. I made my post to where he saw the Lotad (Did you hear that Vato?) and a Poochyena. Apologies about the GM'ing btw.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Man, two long posts on a school night is a doozy, I don't know why I do these things to myself. I did like writing both of them, though. They were both pretty different in terms of style too. I forgot how fun writing could be.

Old September 5th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
@ Mr. Mammoth Not accepting you sir would be something impossible!

Great SU :D You are accepted!

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
@ Mr. Mammoth Not accepting you sir would be something impossible!

Great SU :D You are accepted!
Why thank you my even gooder sir of siriness! I happen to be working on my post at the moment, so I should have it up pretty soon.
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

I am not sure is siriness is a word, good sir, but you also seem to posses some of it. And now I grant you the Capsule Monster known as Poochyena:

Ability: Run Away
-Tackle
-Howl
-Incinerate

Old September 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Whether siriness is a word matter not. But I thank you for that Poochyena with that super-special-awesome move! Silas wil treat this Capsule Monster with care, will you not Silas? He seems to be nodding.
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

All right guys, Skymin already said this, but I as the GM must tell you the same, too... Also because she told me too...

Err... Anyways

YOU SHALL NOT POST LESS THAN ALLOWED BY THE RULES!

What is this... rules you talkin' bout? You may ask, well, HERE they are my friends, read them, and you'll know how people RP here. A for the limit, all posts should have more than 100 words, which is about 4 lines, but you should REALLY post more than that...

How do I do that, bro? That's also simple, make your posts slowly, describing each and every action performed by your characters and Pokemon, every sneeze, every Pokemon they see around, every tree they look at, include all of that! Also include how your character reacts to every situation, if he/she doesn't catch a Pokemon... will he/she be mad? Why? In case he's not? Why not, all that stuff, y'know!

You can make lenghty posts out of ANYTHING! Even about your character eating a sandwich!
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Oops I misread the rules I thought I needed 300+ words per post (why do you think my last post was kind of over the top) >D

And for kicks and giggles I took the character eating a sandwich bit as a challenge so here is a 163 word post on Jerome eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (not proof read because... well its a joke anyway):

Spoiler:

Jerome bit into his peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a slight crunching sound as his teeth crushed the bits of peanuts found in the crunchy peanut butter. The thin line of grape jelly added just enough sweetness to make the sandwich almost a lunch and dessert all in one. The best part was the sandwich was easy to make, and he was able to make two within 5 minutes. The second sandwich was for the Torchic, who just stood there and pecked the sandwich’s top piece of bread before deciding to toast it. A small flame wrapped around the sandwich sitting on the ground, and the bread quickly turned charcoal black. Rolling his eyes Jerome took another bite of his sandwich which caused a bit of jelly to fall out the back of the sandwich and on to his pants. Looking down in disappointment Jerome muttered to himself, “Great yet another stain on my pants… and a perfectly good waste of jelly.”

Ok back to waiting for heretostay to post...
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
And that is a perfect example that 100 words can be made with not much at all!
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

Sorry for the lateness. Just was working on my post but it was halfway done and since there's no edit draft sort of thing here, didn't want to post a half done post.
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:19 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I always make mine in Notepad++ or somewhere else it can be saved before posting.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

I don't like using programs like Word when writing my RP posts, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because it reminds me of when I write essays, because I hate non-creative writing.

Old September 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

I had to use Word to type mine because I kept falling asleep every few seconds when trying to think of what to type. However, I also put myself in-character and act how I would normally act if in such position. Then, the words just come out like a river's flow. [/that wasn't needed] But yeah, I'm with Psycho Jiggs, unless my posts are so huge that they need Word/Notepad. XD

Anyway, I hope my post wasn't corny. Silas made it...well that the lab was on fire, so I didn't have much to do unless the lab was still on fire. We aren't supposed to be in contact with any other trainer, but it's sorta hard to when another makes another thing happen. I don't like ignoring what happens in a previous post unless my character is nowhere around... but yeah. The Silas post was hard to ignore/go around...
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:04 PM
TornZero

Roleplaying has the benefit of time warps! If interaction between two events doesn't have to happen, then someone who posts after an event can still have done something before that event. [For example, how Eli had gotten her Pokémon before Geoff, even when Baloth posted about Geoff getting his first.]

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Well, it's not Silas' fault that the aide was a complete idiot! He just wanted that free Pokémon so he could get stronger and finally find Master S!
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:57 AM
TornZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Oops I misread the rules I thought I needed 300+ words per post (why do you think my last post was kind of over the top) >D

And for kicks and giggles I took the character eating a sandwich bit as a challenge so here is a 163 word post on Jerome eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (not proof read because... well its a joke anyway):

Spoiler:

Jerome bit into his peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a slight crunching sound as his teeth crushed the bits of peanuts found in the crunchy peanut butter. The thin line of grape jelly added just enough sweetness to make the sandwich almost a lunch and dessert all in one. The best part was the sandwich was easy to make, and he was able to make two within 5 minutes. The second sandwich was for the Torchic, who just stood there and pecked the sandwich’s top piece of bread before deciding to toast it. A small flame wrapped around the sandwich sitting on the ground, and the bread quickly turned charcoal black. Rolling his eyes Jerome took another bite of his sandwich which caused a bit of jelly to fall out the back of the sandwich and on to his pants. Looking down in disappointment Jerome muttered to himself, “Great yet another stain on my pants… and a perfectly good waste of jelly.”

Ok back to waiting for heretostay to post...
I have decided to jump on the Sandwich Challenge bandwagon! (This should've been in the RPOs!) I believe my post ends on a lighter note than Stingray's.

Spoiler:
It was delicious. The most perfect sandwich in all of sandwich-dom, especially for one made at a Pokémon Subs. It was made with a mixture of eight different loaves of bread, three types of meat from a Deerling, Girafarig and Camerupt for the ultimate mix of spicy and cool spread through the delicious-wich with various veggies and berry slices coating the innards of this marvel of food, and a generous helping of Oran, Pecha and Cheri sauces to let you savor the flavor for hours on end, keeping your mouth watering even after the final bite. Eli herself wasn't even on the first; she was too entranced by the smell alone. However, she could've sworn there was a faint scent of sweatsock in the beast. It must have been the Enigma Berry, different smell and taste for everyone.

"You gonna eat, Eli?" And she snapped out of it, hearing Isla's inquiry.

"Are you high?" Geoff asked. Of course, anyone who'd ordered this beauty for the first time would have had the same reaction. Geoff was even worse off, even with his currently-composed face. He had already tasted this greatness years before, and would have only ordered it again if he didn't think it too imposing; the drool sliding down the side of his mouth wasn't pointed out until it was about to drip. The girls needed something to laugh at, after Isla's and Lily's discovery; something Geoff wouldn't figure out for some time. Anyways, while they had the chance in Slateport, Isla wanted to treat Eli to the most accessible wonder of the Pokémon world, since there was never a Pokémon Subs in Fortree.

And now, Eli took the sandwich in her slender fingers, raised one end to her mouth... the other three waiting with bated breath... and as she took her first bite...

END.

304 words. xD I hope you all enjoy the silliness of the Sandwich Challenge.

Old September 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM
ytfeL
Glorious Strategist

I may just use the sandwich challenge as part of the SU for my game I am writing Great way to build your RP skills. I too use a notepad to draft out my post, and I love writing so I write "practice posts" about anything just to get the creativity going.

Currently RP'ing:
Time & Space as Salias Grey
Pokemon Fallout as Alex Rouse (Crobat)
Hoenn ReBURST as Isla V.T.

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
Roleplaying has the benefit of time warps! If interaction between two events doesn't have to happen, then someone who posts after an event can still have done something before that event.
I don't normally like doing nor am I fond of time warps. It messes me up big time.
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
TornZero

I don't typically use time warps myself unless the event is minor, like Eli getting her Pokémon before Geoff.

Old September 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I just attempted my first legitimate catch of a pokemon! I'm attempting to catch a polywag, I'm also on rout 103 if anyone would like to meet up!
Edit* I cracked up when I read that psyduck had been caught, and thanks Vato for the first pokemon!

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2

Last edited by Aques Keus; September 7th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Khawill your awesome I wanted to make my post mention it becoming dusk (I'm working on it don't worry just going slow thanks to guests) and now you just helped me :D

Anyway I'm up for interactions at anytime but I will be going to Disney world from the 12-17 of September so will be inactive for that time.... Just FYi.

I hope to have a post up tomorrow and i hope its good...
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Oh neat, the next areas are available! I was waiting for these, since I didn't want to make a short post with just the capture and evolution. Besides those things I was essentially done with that Route.

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

@ PsychoJigglypuff You were?! o.o
Sorry, I would have posted earlier, but I didn't realized you were actually ready to head towards Petalburgh

@ Stingray Just as long as you inform use when you'll be inactive it's all good

Also, do you think I should keep the stray Pokemon feature in the next cities?

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Well that's alright, I didn't say that I was ready to move on earlier. I probably could have said something before now.

And yes, the stray Pokemon are pretty neat. They should feature in other cities as well.

Old September 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

I decided to keep that option in the next cities, as it will allow a bigger amount of Pokemon to be in the RP

Also, I'm gonna edit the post in the IC, I forgot to add the Pretty Petal Flower Shop -.-

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links